StarWars Star Wars (old WEG system): Dark games of the Sith - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 20th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17681
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieuoffire View Post
The opening post is about playing against the Sith.
Sure, that does not exactly answer my question though: Since the rule of two is in effect in this period, would players only fight those two official sith that existed during that time (Darth Sidious and Tyranus, Maul before), plus the illegal apprentices of Dooku - I believe there are two of those?

I just wanted to clarify whether the players are actually going to directly fight Sith at any point, because realistically they would not be able to take on these big names for a long long time. It's definitely not the Old Republic, where you could have dozens of low-level Sith to fight.

Basically we all know the Sith are behind it all, but it almost requires changes to the setting if you want freshly minted characters to personally fight one of them during the Clone wars era, either by making these main characters weaker or introducing illegal apprentices left an right.

Last edited by Phettberg; Feb 20th, 2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Yes you start with 1 form as long as you have any dice in lightsaber combat.

Lightsaber forms are not different die codes, they all use lightsaber combat but similar to martial arts special moves they just provide certain advantages. For example you could have lightsaber 5D and know forms 3,4,and 6.

For force powers if you have 1D in a power you have 1 skill, if you have 1D+1 you have two skills, you do not add skill dice to them.

Also only the first 1D comes from attribute dice from the force, additional pips come from skill dice.

Sorry about the delayed response today is crazy busy
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3951
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
I'm not going to be able to keep up with daily posting, so I'm not going to apply.

You guys have fun.

Dim the Drowned|Telephus Lorre|Togashi Shingo
Tribulations of the Stag
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Quote:
Yes you start with 1 form as long as you have any dice in lightsaber combat.

Lightsaber forms are not different die codes, they all use lightsaber combat but similar to martial arts special moves they just provide certain advantages. For example you could have lightsaber 5D and know forms 3,4,and 6.

For force powers if you have 1D in a power you have 1 skill, if you have 1D+1 you have two skills, you do not add skill dice to them.

Also only the first 1D comes from attribute dice from the force, additional pips come from skill dice.

Sorry about the delayed response today is crazy busy
OK, I have made some corrections to my character. It has been a few years since I played Star Wars, and I am still refreshing myself on the rules. Also, I wanted to let you know that all my Star Wars material is 1st edition, and I am not familiar with any of the 2nd edition content. Are there any important differences I should know about?
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 898
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Yeah. Daily will be too rich for my blood with the other games I'm in. Good luck to all of you. Have fun with it.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 01:25 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@candide yes some but they are minor changes: scale modifiers, defensive skills can be used as a reaction (don't need to call an action before hand). When you use a defensive skill do do not get the better of the skill or the difficulty, you just get the skill. You have a wounded twice health level. Combined actions have a different way of calculating them.

That is mostly it. But almost everything else was just clarifying and most people where doing those things anyway.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 06:53 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17681
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Oh yes, I actually missed that you already said you will be aiming for daily posting. That's also too quick for me.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 01:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ok so most people seem to think daily is too much, I can drop it to every other if that would be better for most people. I like games that move so they don't die, but killing it by overdoing it kills it just the same. So eould it be better for every other day?
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 02:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@candide
I think you have 1 pip too much in skills.
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 02:49 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Quote:
@candide
I think you have 1 pip too much in skills.
Yes, you were correct. I had 13 pips, so I lowered Bureaucracy by 1 pip. Must have counted wrong when I revised the character last time. Sorry about that.
p.s. I am fine posting either daily or every other day. Whatever works best for others.

Last edited by Candide3693; Feb 21st, 2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:19 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter
Here we go. I think I did this right!

Adya Tanai (Human)
STR 1D+1 Climbing/Jumping 1D+2
DEX 2D+2 Dodge 3D, Lightsaber 3D
KNO 1D+2 Planetary Systems 2D, Scholar 2D
PER 1D+2 Search 2D, Sneak 2D
TEC 1D+2 Computer Programming/Repair 2D
MEC 2D Astrogation 2D+1
ALTER 1D+1; Telekinesis, Force Push
CONTROL 1D+1; Accelerate Healing, Concentration
SENSE 1D+1; Life Detection, Magnify Senses

POTENTIAL: 7D
LIVING FORCE: 5D

At six years old, Adya was tested by a passing Jedi Master on Kuat, where she lived with her large extended family. Of six children, she was the only one with enough sensitivity to be trained. Now, a few years later, she barely remembers her family, though she thinks of them from time to time. Her parents felt she was better off on Coruscant, where the Jedi will give her a better life than they could. For her part, Adya great enjoys the Jedi life.
Personality: Adya is inquisitive, interesting in everything. She loves ships, the stars, and the idea of traveling the galaxy. She wants to grow up to become a great Jedi Knight, finding the future filled with adventure and excitement.

Last edited by lostwynter; Mar 1st, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:03 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
After the first 1D on force powers, you use skill dice. So you have 1D too much in skills and 1D too little in attributes.

Looks good other than that however.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 02:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter
Should be edited and fixed.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:43 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
cybersavant cybersavant
Relten Bo (Riileb):
Dex 2D dodge 2D+1 lightsaber 2D+1
Kno 2D bureaucracy 2D+1 cultures 2D+1 lang- Huttese 2S+1 willpower 2D+1
Mec 2D astrogation 2D+1 communications 2D+1
Per 3D investigation 2D+1 persuasion 3D+1
Str 1D
Tec 1D computer programming/repair 1D+1 lightsaber eng/repair 1D+1

Control: 1D Affect Mind
Sense: 1D

Move : 10/12
Force Potential : 5
Living Force : 3
Force Points :
Character Points :

Relten Bo started life on Riileb, which is surrounded by Hutt space, but independent. His parents are traders that sell heklu, a native amphibious beast, to offworld transports. The meat is considered a delicacy on many Core Worlds. Riileb is otherwise mostly ignored, except for the times when it serves as a temporary haven for those seeking to evade the Hutts. One such ship that landed near his village was also providing passage to a jedi, who noticed that Relten Bo was strong in the force. The jedi convinced his parents that the academy offered better life, and they said goodbye to their son.

Relten Bo is a tall, gray-skinned biped with thin limbs and knobby hide. He is insectoid, has four nostrils, pink eyes and sensitive antennae
Personality:

Dice Roll:
3d6/2 (4, 4, 2)/2 Total = 5
Dice Roll:
3d6/2 (2, 2, 2)/2 Total = 3

Last edited by cybersavant; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 12:00 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
After the first 1D on force powers, you use skill dice. So have 3D too many attribute dice and 3D too few skill dice.