twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 07:16 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Fireside Tales.

Game NameFireside Tales.
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeForgotten Realms; Sword Coast
FlavourOpen World.
Plot Summary
Description of the gameThis will be an open world campaign. I have a few different adventures I have on hand with maps and encounters already designed for my discord game I run. However I throw several options at the party and the ones they do not choose are still mostly fleshed out. EDIT: To make myself clear, this game intends to be played here. However some of the content may have been used in my other game played elsewhere. I also have a lot of unused content from that game that the players did not choose.

Character Creation
Level:1
Ability Scores: Dice pool: please use 20d6rc1,2 to generate stats. You can roll here for now, till my forum gets created.
HP: Max at first level; Afterwards you can take HD +1 or roll. Reroll 1’s
Backgrounds and Feats are allowed
Wealth: 350 gp
Books allowed: PHB, XGtE, TCoE, VGtM. SCAG. Anything else please ask.

Background I would like to see creative and Imaginative backgrounds. Please include as much of the following as possible.

Childhood History
Family information(status of family members, occupation, ect)
Character’s Occupation(They have a class, yes, but what do they do for a living? Fighter might be part of city guard or a bandit…ect.)
Character professional network(who do they know, what kind of strings can they pull)

Basically I want to know what kind of people your character would be friends with, who they are enemies with, ect. Be creative and take initiative. Feel free to create people, places, and things. I will be more than happy to write them into the campaign. I want fleshed out characters at the start of the campaign because one of your contacts might end up being a vital resource in game.

Player Name Character Name Race Class Completed
Shula Omar al-Mukhṭār Mustafa bin Farḥāṭ al-Manifī Variant Human (Zakharan) Warlock Y
delpinatorOrrian Loradanwood elfsorcerer(shadow) N
penbeast0 SmallLizardmanCircle of the Moon DruidY
GrouchyKarthuggVariant HumanBarbarianY
SnakeoilcharmerDeath RattleKenkuGrave ClericN
danabYnvard SnomeHuman VariantRangerN
ElderOblexIgan BerskDamaran HumanFigherN
HuliGrugalHalf-orcRogueY
DrachenspiritGryizara ShadecragHalf OrcClericY
ChiefDisbeliefBreaking GlassKenkuFighterY
GrouchyKarthugg Variant Human Barbarian Y

DeadlineI will set a deadline of 2/26 7pm cst. I will accept 4 to 6 characters.

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Today at 02:31 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 07:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1992
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
sounds fun I've been exploring the forgotten realms in my own game im running do you mind if we were born outside of the sword coast?

Name: Orrian Loradan
Race: wood elf
Class: sorcerer(shadow)
Alignment: neutral good
Homeland: deepingdale
Deity: Najm: Corellon Larethian
Appearance: dressed in simple clothes and furs he has brown hair and rough tanned skin. His eyes are deep green like looking into a verdant forest. He holds his crossbow in his hands and a cheerful smile on his face. A quiver of arrows rests upon his back.
Mechanical Background: outlander

Last edited by delpinator; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 05:41 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 07:43 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpinator View Post
sounds fun I've been exploring the forgotten realms in my own game im running do you mind if we were born outside of the sword coast?
That would be perfectly fine!

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 08:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
HuLi
Dice Roll:
20d6rc1,2 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6, 3, 5, 6, 6, 5, 3, 4 (Rerolls: rerolled 1,2) Total = 91
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Good rolls, 14 and 15 per ability score
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
HuLi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Good rolls, 14 and 15 per ability score
This is my first time with this kind of stat generation. What do I do with my numbers?
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:32 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25299
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Please do not make rolls in advertisement threads

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=40673
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:02 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLi View Post
This is my first time with this kind of stat generation. What do I do with my numbers?
You would move them into groups of 3 to form each stat, with two rolls left over. However, I forgot we are not supposed to roll in the adverts. Been a little while since I've been active.

You can roll here for now, till my forum gets created.

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:09 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29
Shula

Application
right-aligned image
Omar al-Mukhṭār

Name: Omar al-Mukhṭār Mustafa bin Farḥāṭ al-Manifī
Race: Variant Human (Zakharan)
Class: Warlock (The Genie)
Alignment: Neutral
Homeland: Zakhara
Deity: Najm: Zakharan god (sometimes goddess) of adventure.
Appearance: He likes to dress well, and in the style of his own people, wherever possible. Keeps a well-maintained beard (his best feature he believes). Is short and slight of frame.
Mechanical Background: Far Traveler

Backstory:

Last edited by Shula; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 10:42 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:16 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shula
@Master of Monsters

Just noticed Sword Coast Adventure Guide is not listed... is it a problem if I take the Far Traveler background?
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:00 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
@Master of Monsters

Just noticed Sword Coast Adventure Guide is not listed... is it a problem if I take the Far Traveler background?
That's fine. Forgot to add that to sources. Just got that book yesterday so I keep forgetting I have it!
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Application, Complete-ish?
right-aligned image
Blomstrende
Name: Blomstrende, "Blooms," Doorbreaker
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral Good
Homeland: Mirabar
Deity: Dumathoin
Appearance: Long red braids, freckles on her nose and cheeks, with green eyes, Blooms looks a dwarven picture of beauty, with her armor (which she wears even inside the tower, just because) and often smug smile. She uses a a special warhammer Blooms' family is known for forgingdoorbreaker as a walking stick most of the time, since the dwarf wizard understands the synergistic value of training both brains and body. She wouldn't be as muscular or stocky as the dwarven warriors around her, and she was definitely no Bruenor Battlehammer, but she knew her way around weapons and most armor.
Mechanical Background: Sage (Field Research, Scribe)

Backstory: Blooms is currently a novitiate in the Host Tower of the Arcane in Luskan, a renowned academy of magic for the Arcane Brotherhood. She was only initiated a few months ago, and is eager to prove herself to get promoted to apprentice status, which will earn her a laboratory and chambers of her own. Being so new, Blooms is practically unknown to the senior arcanists and mages emeritus, especially since she didn't use her family name and simply went by an alias: 'Blooms Kragknock'. Nevertheless, she has formed quite a few friendships with other novitiates and apprentices in the Tower, as well as a few contacts in the city of Luskan itself. There are whispers that Vellistrae Clockheart, one of the archwizards in the Tower, has taken a special interest in young Blooms, but the dwarf herself has never heard this, since those whispers tended to pass from ear to ear when she was not in the vicinity.

The reasons for Blooms' subterfuge are two-fold. Firstly, as a young wizard, she is eager to prove herself by her own intelligence and talent without her achievements being colored by her semi-prominent family. Actually they might not even be that prominent in Luskan, a city known to harrass trading routes to Mirabar among other places, but Blooms didn't want to take any chances. Secondly, the wizarding profession is not exactly a family career choice, if you know what that means. Most of the Doorbreakers are smiths, jewellers, merchants, respectable divine magic practitioners such as clerics and priests, and at worst, the black sheep, are artificers. Never wizards. The last letter her family received from Blomstrende was that she was looking into being trained as a cleric in the temple of Dumathoin in Luskan, which may or may not actually exist; she didn't have time to check. Would it break her mother Brunhild's heart if she found out? Maybe. Would it cause her four brothers Turrim, Benrom, Murnir, and Bhalrimm to drag her kicking and screaming from the academy back to Mirabar? Unlikely, unless they pulled their heads out of their bulging ars*s and looked anywhere else other than their mirrors. Would it incite her father, renowned smith Tulmyr Doorbreaker, to actually disown her and cast her out both from the clan records and from their lives forever? She was afraid to even answer that.

Nevertheless, it was too late to step back now. Blooms chooses to look forward instead, to what lies ahead.

Last edited by Gilgameshi; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 08:40 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLi View Post
Well, there's a couple of ways you can do this.
1.) whatever your character class is, put the higher numbers among the top three you need.
2.) or, keep the stats high for everything, just put 15 down for five of them and 16 for the 6th one.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Chult is Forgotten Realms. Small travels, searching out Godwords (spells and power), so he could have travelled to the Sword Coast. Contacts are through his temple, which would have branches and connections throughout the Forgotten Realms.

SMALL
right-aligned image

Name: Small
Race: Lizardman
Class: Circle of the Moon Druid
Alignment: L/N
Background: Acolyte
Personality Trait: I ignore those smaller and less powerful than me . . . unless I am hungry
Personality Trait: I emulate those bigger and more powerful than me and follow their rules
Ideal: I will grow big, bigger than all those who could eat me
Bond: The law will protect me if I follow it; the law will execute me if I break it
Flaw: I have no natural empathy, only the rules that I follow because they are the biggest thing I know
Backstory: This includes where I was born, where I live, why I travel, and what my overarching goal is

I am Small. I was smaller than those of my tribe. I only survived because my tribe was big and could take enough food so they did not have to eat me. Though they would if food were scarce. That is the way of things.

Bigger than my tribe were the monsters of the swamp. Chult is a land of bigness and the monsters of the swamps were the biggest to my tribe. The hornface with its three terrible horns growing from a plate of bone that could smash through the strongest skin. The snakenecks, heavier than even the biggest of monsters, able to crush the biggest of my tribe with a careless step. And, the biggest of all, from whose bellow all ran in fear, the greatjaws with its monstrous mouth dwarfing its tiny arms. Tooth and fang incarnate.

But there was one place even the greatjaws did not go. Deep in the swamp was a big temple, overgrown with all manner of strangling vines and carnivorous plants. From it came the bellow of deep beating drums and it sent forth from its bigness emissaries that carried fear throughout the swamp and beyond.

And from beyond the swamp came to its environs creature who seemed small, softskinned, and weak. And the emissaries of the big temple sent my tribe forth against these creatures to eat them but they were not eaten. Some of the softskins put on shells of metal and picked up sharp pieces of the same and they killed those of my tribe who came against them. Others stayed soft with sticks of wood but they opened their mouths, tiny mouths with teeth that could not even harm me, the smallest. And from their mouths came god words, words of fire and flashing light, words that caused clouds of sharp metal teeth to appear in the air and all of my tribe were smashed and burned and cut until they lay small and still.

I did not die because I did not challenge them, being small. They took me back to their place, this temple, to eat later if they grew hungry. And I learned to understand them so that I would not be eaten. And I learned their rules and this thing that was bigger even than the godwords they spoke, the Law. And I listened to their stories and listening, I grew even smaller as they grew even bigger.

For they had gone forth after making my tribe small. And they had met the monsters of the swamp and though the monsters had been very big, the softskins were bigger still. The hornface with its horns that could pierce the strongest skin was smashed and stabbed and slashed and burned until it pierced no more. And the softskins ate it. The snakenecks in their immensity heard godwords that made them afraid and they fled deeper into the swamps. Even the greatjaws had bellowed doom at them, and they had bellowed back the words of fire and light and steel and made it small. And so, the softskins were bigger than the monsters of the swamp.

Then the softskins found their way to the big temple with its strangling vines and carnivorous plants all around it. And they entered the temple and faced those within. And those within had godwords of their own and the air was rent with bellowing and power. But the softskins were bigger and their bigness was such that they burst the very stones asunder and brought the temple crashing down in ruins.

And so I remain Small. Those of the temple are big, their god words are bigger but I am not eaten. Because bigger even than the godwords is the Law. If I follow the law, it protects me. If I disobey it, I will be killed. And so, following the law, I become bigger. I learn the godwords and they change me and make me bigger. My bellow causes light and fire. But I do not eat those smaller than I am because the law says I cannot eat those who speak and the law is bigger. And I search for more godwords and grow bigger. Someday I will be so big that no one can eat me and then I will no longer be Small.

Why I have come to Waterdeep.

Now I have left the temple where I have been protected for so many years. Protection keeps one alive but one does not learn godwords and become big if one is too safe. I have learned to read the black marks on bark that hold the knowledge of the softskins and they have given me the metal pieces that they use to distribute things where there is no tribal matron to order. The black marks on bark told me of Waterdeep, the place where Godwords are strongest so I have come here to this place to learn new words and grow big. I have gone to the buildings where the softskins seek the bigger softskins they call Gods and have made my rounds and shown the black marks on bark from my temple to theirs at the temples of Helm, Ilmater, Torm, and the Godword speakers of Ilmater have offered me a room with their acolytes though their ideas and beliefs make little to no sense to me. I read the black marks on bark in their reading rooms and speak with the Godword speakers of the temples. I also seek out the food buildings where the seekers after new Godwords meet to join groups that seek to grow bigger, though those rooms are smoky and too many there partake of the water that drowns clear thoughts. I will find a group that seeks Godwords and I will grow bigger. I will.

Last edited by penbeast0; Yesterday at 10:27 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:05 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Well, there's a couple of ways you can do this.
1.) whatever your character class is, put the higher numbers among the top three you need.
2.) or, keep the stats high for everything, just put 15 down for five of them and 16 for the 6th one.
Assuming variant human

666=18
665+1=18
665+1=18
444=12
444=12
333=9

though for a rogue I'd go:

STR 3 4 4= 11
DEX 6 6 6 +1 = 19
CON 5 5 4 = 14
INT 6 6 3 +1= 16
WIS 6 6 3 = 15
CHA 4 4 4 =12
(As my bonus feat for being Variant Human I'd take Observant, raising my WIS to 16)

These are good numbers... so many ways to go.