RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
True, there is. I try not to go below 12 in any ability scores because you may need a good roll for a particular skill now and then.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5033
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Karthugg
Race: Variant Human (Orphan Raised by Orcs)
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Was Chaotic Neutral but leaning towards Chaotic Good.
Homeland: Blood-Maw Tribe, Nether Mountains.
Mechanical Background: Outlander (Tribal Marauder)

Appearance:
Karthugg is a tall, broad-shouldered man with a wide torso and heavy limbs. His short oily black hair is shaggy and cut crudely, with thick sideburns and an unkempt beard growing from his chin. His skin is heavily weathered and his body is adorned with small ugly-looking scars that denote a life of hard living. He is heavy browed giving him a primal appearance, and his piercing gray eyes remind you of a bird of prey. His wide nose is flat and appears to have been broken in the past, yet it did not heal properly so it has a crooked appearance. Two angry-looking scars adorn the left side of his face - one short that ends at the top of his eyelid, and the other a long gouging wound that ends near his lips. Because of this scar, his mouth appears to be pulled up almost in a smirk on this side of his face. His right ear is badly mangled, as it appears the top was bitten off by human-looking teeth. He wears crude looking clothing of buckskin with thick black stitches, with the shoulders, collars, and top of his boots adorned with the fur of a gray wolf. Around his neck is a leather loop from which hangs what appears to be several finger bones of humanoid origin. He wears a massive curved two handed sword on his back that is clearly of orcish origin. From a sturdy looking leather belt around his waist hangs a pair of large metal meat cleavers and a crudely stitched pouch. On his back is a worn looking backpack with a handmade quiver stitched on the right side holding several hunting spears.

Personality:
Brash, aggressive, and stubborn, Karthugg is a difficult person to get along with. He has a short temper, especially when he feels he is being disrespected, and tends to prefer action over introspection. He prefers the most direct route to an objective, and once he makes up his mind he cannot be easily swayed. His posture reminds you of a wolf on the prowl, and he has a habit of growling or barking loudly to send warning to others or to agree with something said. He is stoic and refuses to show any kind of weakness, for once a foe sees your weakness they will exploit it until you are conquered. He is surprisingly cunning and sharp, and has a good head for tactics, yet his impatience means he will only consider a simple plan before putting it into action. He has a deep disdain for most civilized folk - he sees them as weak and spineless. However, due to his relationship with the Rolfes, he is starting to see that not all civilized folk are bad and that it actually feels strangely comforting to do acts for another without expecting any payment in return.

Last edited by Grouchy; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 04:16 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 04:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Whew!

I may have enjoyed fleshing her out more than warranted, but Blooms' application is finished, pending feedback! Comments and questions are very much welcome.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Well, there's a couple of ways you can do this.
1.) whatever your character class is, put the higher numbers among the top three you need.
2.) or, keep the stats high for everything, just put 15 down for five of them and 16 for the 6th one.
we can mix the individual numbers as desired rather than having to roll in groups of 3's?

Last edited by penbeast0; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 01:57 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2010
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Aw heck, why not? No clue what I'd want to apply with yet. Maybe a randomizer again...

Link to rolls
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:08 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
we can mix the individual numbers as desired rather than having to roll in groups of 3's?
Thats correct, but each stat can only use exactly 3 dice from your pool. What 3 is your choice. Greater customization.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:08 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by danab View Post
Aw heck, why not? No clue what I'd want to apply with yet. Maybe a randomizer again...

Link to rolls
Happy to see you!
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2795
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Death Rattle
Race: Kenku
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Grave Cleric
Homeland: Baldur's Gate
Background: Acolyte

Description: A short and sickly-looking creature, Death Rattle's sinewy frame speaks to the poor nutrition she received growing up as an impoverished fledgling in the Outer City of Baldur's Gate. She is constantly fidgeting, and gives the impression of being full of nervous energy. She wears dark-colored robes, which could as easily be taken for those of an assassin as of the priestess she is. Beneath her robes, she has several patches of skin where feathers no longer grow, her torso instead covered by the scars of childhood disease. Her eyes are a particularly striking blue color, but they are usually hidden by the shadow of the hood which covers her head at all times.

Personality: Rattle is an introverted character. Like most Kenku, she can speak only in mimicry of others, and is extremely self-conscious of this fact around people of other races. She has a fierce faith in her god, Kelemvor, and speaks primarily in quotations from his scriptures. Death Rattle tries to follow the precepts of her religion dutifully, but there are a lot, and she struggles to remember all of them. She is constantly fearful of forgetting some minor tenet and drawing the wrath of her god. Contrastingly, she is extremely brave with regard to external threats, as she has no fear of death, providing that she dies in good standing with Kelemvor. In fact, she secretly yearns to die before she can mess up too badly.

Rattle lacks self-confidence, and will let others take the lead in groups, speaking up only to agree, choose between, or propose slight modifications to plans suggested by others. She is constantly on the look out for omens from her god, and tries to rely on these to guide her decisions whenever possible.

Backstory:

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; Yesterday at 07:32 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 04:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2010
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Application
WiP

left-aligned image

Name: Ynvard Snome
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Ranger (Swarkeeper Conclave)
Homeland: Waterdeep
Background: Cloistered Scholar

Appearance: Ynvard usually seems much shorter than he is. Often stooped over some recent discovery or project he's currently pursuing, it's not until he gets up that most realize just how tall and broad shouldered he actually is. With his dark red hair and beard coupled with his hooded blue eyes one could be forgiven for mistaking him for a Northlander, if not for his style of clothing. Suits and coats, made of twill, and cut in the gnomish style; an affect he gained from his time in Lantan.

Personality:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_a4e16d96d590298771b9830e8d81ce47.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	89785

Last edited by danab; Today at 02:19 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 949
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Application

right-aligned image

Name: Ken Jitsu
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Rogue
Homeland: Phandilin, but currently living in Hlath
Background: Entertainer

Appearance: A good looking young man of average height and build wearing simple leather and carrying a lute, with short brown hair, a scruffy beard and hazel eyes whistling or humming a happy tune as he walks down the street. His voice is solid baritone, yet soothing as he talks with a sparkle in his eye, which seems to help put you at ease and feel you can trust him.

Personality: Always appears to be in a good mode and willing to help others. Very friendly and polite and willing to strike up conversation with anyone as if they had always been friends. Does not like seeing innocent people get hurt and will jump to defend them without thinking of the consequences. He does not try to be heroic, but at the same time, he will not sit idle while innocent people are being threatened.

Link to Stat Rolls and allocations

1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Today at 01:03 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:33 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
This sounds like fun. Looking forward to spending the week creating a character to explore this world.
Cant see what you put up. Dont delay though! If i get tons of apps i may select a bit sooner. 3/1 is a fair estimate, but if i make it to like 12 to 15 apps i might call it off. Especially if i have a bunch i like.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:43 PM
E X N O X L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3322
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
This seems fun! Posting interest!
Application
WiP
left-aligned image

Name: Igan Bersk
Race: Damaran HumanHuman variant*
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Fighter
Homeland: Waterdeep
Background: Mercenary Veteran

Physical Appearance: Heavily armoured under a thick ink-stained moss-coloured woolen cloak, Igan - 'Egg' to his friends - stands at a height past six feet and walks with confident, sure-footed strides. His tawny skin marked him to many as Damaran in heritage, though the gray eyes would give one pause as to his exact mix. The round shield strapped to his broad back bore the marks of the Riven Shield in Waterdeep, though the longsword scabbarded and strapped behind that looked plain and ordinary; so did the morningstar which hung by his hip. The blade was made with dwarven steel, however. Black leather trousers framed Egg's muscular legs, and sturdy, mud-marked leather boots that had seen better days adorned his feet. The helmet he carried under his arm was usually worn when on bodyguard duty. It was a gift from an older client from the Sea Ward, who fancied him. It was supposed to look like a skull in order to make him look more intimidating, but the shape of it resembled more of an egg than anything, which was how Igan first got the nickname.

Rolls

Last edited by ElderOblex; Feb 24th, 2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 06:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 949
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Monsters View Post
Cant see what you put up. Dont delay though! If i get tons of apps i may select a bit sooner. 3/1 is a fair estimate, but if i make it to like 12 to 15 apps i might call it off. Especially if i have a bunch i like.
Man, I would hate if you selected characters before I had a chance to submit something. So I starting putting my notes down in my application to give you the general idea where I am going. But I will try to dedicate some time this week to flesh things out all proper like, at least by the end of day Thursday.

As it is, there are already so many names and places I need to come up with and stories around those events. Speaking of which, I need a second rate wizard for my backstory who is chasing my character. I was planning on making one up, but if you have one in the world, I would be willing to put him in.
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 07:30 PM
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
Man, I would hate if you selected characters before I had a chance to submit something. So I starting putting my notes down in my application to give you the general idea where I am going. But I will try to dedicate some time this week to flesh things out all proper like, at least by the end of day Thursday.

As it is, there are already so many names and places I need to come up with and stories around those events. Speaking of which, I need a second rate wizard for my backstory who is chasing my character. I was planning on making one up, but if you have one in the world, I would be willing to put him in.
I'll keep an eye out for it then! I normally let people know, that way it is in the open. I've waited before and end up have people decide not to apply, so I try to be clear up front and avoid it being delayed!
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 09:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 706
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
There's a vast timeline in the Forgotten Realms. Does this campaign take place after the Second Sundering? The reason I'm asking is that I'm planning on applying with a Mulhorandi character. Mulhorand was greatly affected by things like the Spellplague.