OOC General Chatting & Announcements - Page 43 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Emperor of the Fading Suns: Cloak & Dagger
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 15th, 2016, 01:49 PM
5tons of Raw Techno Power

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2240
Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef
Hey all, just a quick message to let y'all know that I will be back to start up this game again sometime in April. So, no, I have not deserted.

I should finally be rid of this damn sling and I will at least be able to use both hands again for typing... if not for lifting more than 5 pounds. I'm sorry but I'm just not patient enough to spend an hour typing out posts with one hand.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 09:30 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef
Alright y'all, your boy is back and ready to get back into the thick of things.

I would like a head count though: please pipe in (you can send me a PM if you wish as well) to let me know I still have my three amigos alive and well in this thing.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
I'm still around. Just finished two exams today. In last 45 hours been asleep for a hour and a half, and still have one more class...so but frazzled. Overall though I've gained more stability, so want to slowly get back into these games one by one, with the games I'm Dming being last since involve the most amount of work.

April 10th, this Sunday, posting will be better, but should be able to get one or two in before then if we start up again!
Old Apr 5th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Get Stung

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1820
Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez
Woo!

Also, here. Just got my dice rolls in a few days ago. Sage, whenever you want to continue the soul conversation, feel free.
Old Apr 5th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Expect a post on that this Thursday!
Old Apr 6th, 2016, 08:58 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright! Nice to see you both!

I would even throw a few dozen heart emojis in there if could... it's awesome that the gang is still all here.

I know Xildur is still in here because I've seen him post in another game that myself and Sage are playing in... I'm assuming he will come around too or waiting for the next post.

Yes, do please continue that particular character interaction in the Shady Backroom. That makes for some great reading.

Yes, I need to resolve Beez' dice rolls and move along the story. Fear not, another post will be coming along shortly.
Old Apr 7th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Well, I didn't put subscription to this thread but I notice one in gamr thread immediately.

I am in and would post today if possible.
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Will post today, in a few hours.
Old Apr 10th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry didn't get one up. Tomorrow or tonight. Last day at current job so might get too drunk tonight...very un-luxonberg like.
Old Apr 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Get Stung

Tools
User Statistics
Post up by tomorrow. Got a test today, plus some other stuff, so not sure if I'll have time today.
Old Apr 21st, 2016, 11:38 AM
Get Stung

Tools
User Statistics
Whoops, I completely thought I posted. That is entirely my bad. Post going up today regardless of anything else.
Old May 1st, 2016, 10:59 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Is there any news?
Old May 3rd, 2016, 05:47 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Greetings all,

Listen, I'm going to be totally blunt and honest right now: My heart is just no longer in this thing. The dreadfully slow posting rate, the constant MIA players, the other game I was involved with (along with Xildur & sageheart) going kaput... all this has pretty much put a dent in my hopes and aspirations that online / e-mail / play by post games can actually work. I have been trying to get into online RPG'ing much before this site and got pretty much the same results; the game starts off with a bang with everyone hyped and posting going along very smoothly.. then, inevitably, players start to go missing, posts stop coming, the ST goes MIA etc etc etc.

Every game I have been involved in on this site has gone belly up and it gets very frustrating when you put some of yourself into things just to have it go nowhere. Even as a player, I tend to put a lot of effort into creating my characters and making them come to life... and it really blows when a game just goes south.

I am probably going to be taking a long hiatus from this site and honestly I don't know if I will even bother coming back.

I would like to thank the players (Beez, Xildur and sageheart) who stuck around in the end . This project was good while it lasted and there were some memorable moments (even the player drop outs had their moments!), but there is certainly a lull that has fallen over the game. The very slow pace (which is already slow just by this being a post by post game) has worked to grind down my motivation to keep it up.

If I ever do come back, I am only going to become involved in games that have a strict 1-2 day time limit for posts. Anyways, for the time being, I will be taking some time off from here to clear my head and see how my outlook on the feasibility of internet games improves.

For those of you who remain here on this site: Happy gaming and I wish you all the best!

Last edited by Roastbeef; May 3rd, 2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old May 4th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sad to hear. To be honest I've slowly become disillusioned. I hope we can remain in touch, and hopefully in the future something can occur again.
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
OK. I understand.

Hopefully we can meet again.
Thank you for great story that has already told so far.