Game Thread The Partisan Torch - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Taint of Denthraw
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Aosaw's Avatar
Aosaw Aosaw is offline
she/they
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 14th, 2022
RPXP: 8505
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Posts: 10,125
Kaia rubbed her temples gingerly. They're all talking too much, if you ask me. She opened her mouth to speak, to put them all in their place - but her lover would not approve, she knew, of her speaking out of turn.

You are not to participate in an argument, unless it will save the life of a friend, or end the life of an enemy.

She had rolled her eyes at the time; he loved to pretend that he was her father, espousing proverbs and ancient wisdom as if they were pieces of candy. But he was right. Joining in the debate over people's stations would not advance any of her goals, and she might bring humiliation to herself if the subject of her own heritage were brought up.

So she bit her lip, and hoped that no one could see her flinch with every word that was exchanged. This is laying the groundwork for disaster, she thought. We'll never get anything done if nobody trusts anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 09:00 PM
shaderhedemon's Avatar
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon is offline
Demon Who is Not.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 16th, 2014
RPXP: 122
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon
Posts: 775
He laughs light, "Yes, you are right, I'm sorry to have interrupted our host." He looks to the advisor who seemed at a little lost from the questions, hoping the little argument gave him time to collect his thoughts.

"Regardless," he says looking at the male noble, "My point was just because it looks as like we are all low-lives, some of us may not be. You who are a noble but hides in the shadows is just proof to my point. Also I was not aware humans had power without merit, I will have to take a more judging outlook on your nobles. But let this be the end as in the end it does not matter, I have come here to help with my clan. And if you believe retrieving some person named Krya who may even be dead will save us all then I will help."
__________________
"the winds of life blow every which way, may they blow the right ways for you."

Last edited by shaderhedemon; Oct 19th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
Sitting in a corner, not overtly hidden but so indescript, so inconspicuous, so as to not be noticed more than hidden away. Chewing on a piece of jerky, he takes another bite pulling hard on the piece as he strolls over to the group proper. Swallowing before he speaks, "Really Folks, is this what is important here? Station, eminence, status. I believe the good lady simply meant we were a motley group and not your typical 'save the world' party most would expect. I think the point here is to find out what we can from the good Mr. Glenn and then move on from there. Everyone will have their own motives, some more secretive then others." The man's words struck true, they weren't infused with any sense sarcasm or wit, just plain simplicity.

Dylon is a small man, shorter than the average, thin and wiry. Nothing can be said about what he brings to the group because he is wearing simple street clothes. His hair looks like it hasn't seen a comb in at least a fortnight and it seems there isn't much intelligence behind those dull...gray, no brown eyes; it's hard to tell.
__________________
~Luc
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 12:14 AM
KithKunabi's Avatar
KithKunabi KithKunabi is offline
Quintessential Halfling
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2014
RPXP: 3282
KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi
Posts: 11,770
Antony chuckles a bit more loudly from his shrouded position. His mouse looks up from its whisker cleaning and shoots him an irritated look.

"I? Nobility? No, no. I'm not of a blessed blood lineage. My father, and his father before him, simply happened to be very rich. That such a thing could put me in the same class as a noble points point to the ridiculousness of class status as a whole." Antony reaches up a hand to scratch his familliar's head.

He doesn't mention that Krya is 'more then some person'.... Their host most likely will. And if the host doesn't, Laskha certainly will, and with much more fire in her tongue then Antony could conjure into his. Anf frankly, the elf deserves a good tongue lashing if he's let the last few centuries of human history pass him by.
__________________
Halfling's are luckier, proof exhibited below.
20 vs 1 tally. 20's: 43 1's: 33
CthulhuTech Intrest Thread. Please indicate interest.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Aosaw's Avatar
Aosaw Aosaw is offline
she/they
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 14th, 2022
RPXP: 8505
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Posts: 10,125
"Krya is the world's savior," says Kaia. She doesn't say it loudly, but her voice carries nonetheless. "She's not merely someone to find; she is the only someone to find; and bringing her back will do more than add some well-needed firepower to the cause; she's a symbol of hope for our race; without her, we have no hope."

She turns to face the arcanist. "I say this because it is clear you do not know our culture, just as we would not know or understand yours. I hope this helps." She returns her focus to their host. "Glenn?"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 03:02 PM
DukeofDellot's Avatar
DukeofDellot DukeofDellot is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 26th, 2012
RPXP: 585
DukeofDellot DukeofDellot DukeofDellot DukeofDellot DukeofDellot DukeofDellot
Posts: 1,594
Glenn didn't respond at first, trying to piece together everything said. It was his nature to consider every piece before placing his own, "The goblin ran with a torch above his head, one quite brilliant, south down the road. We've sent out many scouts and we believe that is where he stopped."

"We could send our army, and that might work. However, the casualties would be great in number, and we would be leading an opening for attack."

He paused for a moment, and directed his attention to the Half-Orc, "The reward would be a direct blessing from Krya, influence across the land, and you'll be paid well."

OOGMIf there are any questions, ask now, else he's ushering you out.
__________________
Currently not dealing damage to a chair.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Sakure's Avatar
Sakure Sakure is offline
♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫
Elder Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2014
RPXP: 13621
Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure
Posts: 4,438
Laksha didn't waste any time with their business seemingly concluded, if the other's wanted to straggle behind and beg for some more coin, that was their business. Her horse was already packed and prepped for travel, having had a good rest over the course of the day there was nothing to hold her back. With ease she strode out of the room in a swift pace that was hardly graceful, there was no noble upbringing behind her gait. Her head bobbed with each step, about as far from smooth steps as a girl could get.

Being in the bright sun had peppered her nose with freckles, though once she exited the building they became much more vivid and easier to see. She waited next to her horse for Antony, rubbing the equine's mane absent mindedly.
__________________
Internet availability going to be limited for me soon for an extended period of time, sorry for the inconvenience but assume I'm a vacant player for the time being.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
KithKunabi's Avatar
KithKunabi KithKunabi is offline
Quintessential Halfling
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2014
RPXP: 3282
KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi
Posts: 11,770
Antony's mouse turns its head as Laksha walks out of the room, but Antony remains a bit longer. He ponders whether there are any more questions truly worth asking.

He can't come up with any. The man giving them details seems to know very little of what to expect, and was hardly any help to begin with. With a casual shrug, he strode out of the room, and into the sun... it didn't shine quite so brilliantly on his earthy tones as it did on Laksha, but it did help him to look more 'eminent'. As he moved along, his mouse slipped into a comfortable breast pocket on his cloak.

"Things aren't making as much sense as they should Laksha, likely I'll have to do some reconnaissance and divination before we really dive in." He strides up to his own horse and mounts it aptly enough. Though he doesn't display the trained talent of Laksha, he does visibly dispel the myth of witches being unable to ride hoses.
__________________
Halfling's are luckier, proof exhibited below.
20 vs 1 tally. 20's: 43 1's: 33
CthulhuTech Intrest Thread. Please indicate interest.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Sakure's Avatar
Sakure Sakure is offline
♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫
Elder Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2014
RPXP: 13621
Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure
Posts: 4,438
Laksha looked to Antony from atop her horse as he spoke. "I'll follow your lead Antony, just let me know what we need to do." The plucky soldier gave her childhood friend a wink. "I wonder how much time our newly acquired allies will require to prepare." Her carefree facade was something she felt was necessary, so she tried to exude the same wild little mill owner's daughter that she was in a time seemingly removed from the present. Her metal plated finger reached out to poke at the pouch his mouse companion was hiding in.
__________________
Internet availability going to be limited for me soon for an extended period of time, sorry for the inconvenience but assume I'm a vacant player for the time being.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
"Thank you for your time, Mr. Glenn." Dylon then heads out, instead of frustration, he simply leaves his mind having already moved on to other things. When he exits he sees the two by their horses. He waves absent-mindedly, then realizes who they are and walks over to them.

"Ready to go already? I am afraid I do not have a mount. I am Dylon by the way." He looks at both of them awaiting a reply.
__________________
~Luc
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
KithKunabi's Avatar
KithKunabi KithKunabi is offline
Quintessential Halfling
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2014
RPXP: 3282
KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi
Posts: 11,770
"I doubt the others will take much time... actually, I think one of them will have trouble taking the time necessary." Antony says with unnecessary vagueness.

He lapses into silence and broods on what he'll need to make things easier, rather then harder. "Name's Antony." He gives a flippant hand wave, indicating that his thoughts are somewhere he considers more important then introductions.
__________________
Halfling's are luckier, proof exhibited below.
20 vs 1 tally. 20's: 43 1's: 33
CthulhuTech Intrest Thread. Please indicate interest.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
shaderhedemon's Avatar
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon is offline
Demon Who is Not.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 16th, 2014
RPXP: 122
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon
Posts: 775
"We my people be helpful in your defense, I hope that one day our peoples will once again be friends," he says to the advisor with a slight bow then turns to leave, "I meant no disrespect for that discussion, I merely enjoyed it and wished to learn more on the human outlook."

With that he leaves and breathes heavily before looking around. 'I hope those two don't hold a grudge, but what can one do. Though my life might one day be in their hands, so I should try to agree with them more,' as he thinks he spots the three talking and heads towards them.

"I am sorry for any disrespect I may have shown, I hope we can see pass it and finish this mission in good health and success," he says walking up to the three and bowing slightly.

Gobaith pokes his head out from under the cloak and looks at them, then breathes in heavily and looks to Nos, "You know fresh air is the best, well as fresh as you can get in a city."

Nos looks at Gobaith, "Like you've been in a city before," he then looks back at the three, "I am Nos Ap'Balon and this is Gobaith."

They both were speaking in common now.
__________________
"the winds of life blow every which way, may they blow the right ways for you."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
MCP's Avatar
MCP MCP is offline
Master Control Program
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 18th, 2011
RPXP: 110
MCP MCP
Posts: 254
Lingering in the room and even after almost beyond the notice of the others, the gaunt Half-Orc seems quite content to remain below the attention of the fair-skinned folk. He has no mount either, but can conjure one easily enough when the time comes.
__________________
End of line.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 06:39 PM
Sakure's Avatar
Sakure Sakure is offline
♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫
Elder Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2014
RPXP: 13621
Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure Sakure
Posts: 4,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elucidus View Post
"Ready to go already? I am afraid I do not have a mount. I am Dylon by the way." He looks at both of them awaiting a reply.
Laksha let Antony conclude his brief introduction before turning her attention to the new arrival. "Hello Dylon, I wouldn't worry too much about having to walk. You're not wearing a more than finite amount of armor to lug around. I'm Laksha, and the winsome young fellow here is Antony." The small girl gave a sharp nod in Dylon's direction, it was always awkward when they wanted to shake hands with her gauntlets already equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaderhedemon View Post
"I am sorry for any disrespect I may have shown, I hope we can see pass it and finish this mission in good health and success," he says walking up to the three and bowing slightly.
Laksha purposefully ignored the latest approachee. Two faced literally, as well as psychologically, he was definitely ill favored in her eyes. She steered her horse to the side feigning that she was busy. Maybe Antony would get along with him, maybe not, but the fetching young soldier was used to far warmer introductions. She hid behind Antony like a shield from scheming minds such as these.
__________________
Internet availability going to be limited for me soon for an extended period of time, sorry for the inconvenience but assume I'm a vacant player for the time being.

Last edited by Sakure; Oct 21st, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
Dylon doesn't respond to Antony as Antony seems to prefer it that way. He does chuckle at Laksha's comment about armor. Looking down at himself a smile growing on his face, "I can't keep up with a horse fully running though. It is nice to meet you both." He says politely, although he says it to Laksha.

When Nos approaches, he turns to him, "Hi, Nos Apbum...I am sorry can I just call you Nos?" He asks apparently having problems pronouncing the name. An eye brow raises as the serpant speaks (did I get that right a large serpantine head?).
__________________
~Luc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB