RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 10:46 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13283
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
LootVutha already has two +2 things (one mental, one physical) so canít use any more. She also has a ring of protection (2000 gp). Will probably use her share to buy a cloak of resistance (1000 gp). I think these are all good options for anyone unless there is a specific item you want in the same slot. (though you can have two rings, so why not go that route.)

As for the items, Vutha canít really use any of that stuff but I think keeping the cold steel and adamantine weapon blanches would probably be helpful for anyone using a manufactured weapon if we ever come up against some outer planes creatures (which seem likely).

I kind of like the idea of Vutha getting the cloak as a sort of minor gift from the order in the same ceremony where Runa gets her eyepatch. It would kind of help cement her as part of the group. (maybe others get gifts bestowed to them in a similar way, idk.)
Old 07-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24445
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidnu View Post
E.O.P.E.So I had to do some digging (searched for ĎPalatineí): Pike definitely knows about the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye (or E.O.P.E.), all the way back from Ravengro. I donít know if he shared this info with the rest of the party (though Jamir was with Pike at the time) but the symbol at least should be familiar to the original party from Ravengro. More recently (only about three years ago in real time) Mara learns about them too, and in fact requests a meeting with them in exchange for helping Daramid with the trial. Sassís memory is long indeed!

Just thought Iíd share because I definitely couldnít remember what we knew without having to search for it.

LootI think the first thing to confirm is: are we selling everything here? Is there anything that anyone would like to keep for their PC?

If the answers are yes and no, then (assuming I havenít made any arithmetic errors) we would have 5722.5 + 2119.5 = 7842 gp in party gold. We should get 2000 gp per though Runa and Hrani arenít in the will, Iím confident we can transfer from, say, Andrzej and CarloóVutha may be much more of a stretchperson from Daramid. Itís just a matter of asking for some party gold for your PC. We could have three people take 2000 gp each of party gold to get +2 stat items and still have 1842 gp left over; Iíd be happy to donate some of Maraís personal gold to help a fourth person get a +2 stat item.

TL;DRódonít be shy about requesting party gold. Thereís plenty to go around.
Great work! I had totally forgot all about this, expect Pike to have shared information with the group, he isn't hoarding knowledge for himself (unless it's personal).

These are the things I think we should keep:
5x Silver weapon blanch -- sells for 12.5 gp
5x Cold iron weapon blanch -- sells for 50 gp
1x Adamantine weapon blanch -- sells for 50 gp

Keep the Antitoxin? Never know when it's needed.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33198
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Hope I didn't push too far ahead or take too many liberties--I just wanted to ensure that the context for the note is clear to everybody and I really like the idea of being in a safe place where the party can discuss things openly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
These are the things I think we should keep:
5x Silver weapon blanch -- sells for 12.5 gp
5x Cold iron weapon blanch -- sells for 50 gp
1x Adamantine weapon blanch -- sells for 50 gp

Keep the Antitoxin? Never know when it's needed.
I concur. How about keeping 6 antitoxins, 1 for each of us?

Who would use the weapon blanches? Are Runa and Hrani the only ones? Obviously they're of little use to Mara.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24954
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Group LootMy initial reaction was also that maybe we should at least keep some of the weapon blanch, but I just looked them up in the rules, and honestly they seem surprisingly useless. Take a full round action to apply (plus hot flames), and then last for a single successful attack? I had to read that several times, because I couldn't believe that's it. Seems like the only way that is useful is if you instead apply it to 10 pieces of ammunition, but as far as I can recall right now, we don't have anyone in the group who is really an archer.

I believe Runa's weapon already does energy damage, which (if I'm recalling Pathfinder rules correctly), would bypass damage reduction. It would certainly reduce her damage, but unless the target is also immune to electricity (IIRC), she's still going to be doing damage. Hrani, to a lesser extent, can fall back on spells to do damage if he has trouble with his weapon. Obviously, in both of those cases, it would be preferable to get the full weapon damage. But I see neither Hrani or Runa likely to be so hamstrung that it becomes a good idea to spend a full round just applying this stuff (not even considering how we are going to manage that whole thing with the fire) in order to get in one good hit the next round. At which point the stuff becomes relegated to "if we happen to know we are going to run into something right around the corner that has DR/silver". I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, so anyone please feel free to correct me. And Thorsten can of course chime in independently for Runa.

On the other hand, it's not like we lose out on a ton of money by not selling them, so I certainly have no issue if we want to keep them.

Beyond that, I agree with Cedric's thought that's it's probably a decent idea to hold onto a little antitoxin at least.

Hrani personallyBased on what we seem to have available, if no one has any objections, Hrani would use the 2000 gp he gets plus 2000 from the party fund to buy himself a Headband of Vast Intelligence.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:27 PM

Tools
User Statistics
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
I think Pike is mainly an archer (well, when it comes to combat anyways), and Cedric has indicated an interest in keeping them. I also remember when I was in another PF game a few years ago my character was completely nerfed when we faced an outsider. So having it around is probably worthwhile.

About Sullivani, can we just have him join us if he wants to?
Old 07-12-2020, 09:11 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57558
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Alright, y'all can keep discussing this but I don't want to lose momentum heading towards the end.

Let's talk about my next post: you all are paying Sully's fine, and going shopping, and will be there when they let him out later in the afternoon. Is this agreeable?
Old 07-12-2020, 10:33 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-13-2020, 12:16 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33198
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Old 07-13-2020, 12:47 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-13-2020, 04:45 AM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24445
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Old 07-13-2020, 06:10 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16060
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Old 07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15895
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Old 07-13-2020, 07:33 PM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28731
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
*Sigh*

Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57558
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Penultimate GM post of Chapter V is done!

Everyone get a post in, decide what we're doing and come up with plans accordingly, and let's effing end this, the longest chapter in RPGX history. I have decreed it such.

Also you can take Kendra's carriage. That's my intention here, anyway. Don't want anyone getting wet unnecessarily, except Mara.

Last edited by Sassafrass; 07-16-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
My apologies, I had hoped to get in a post today before I leave on a business trip tomorrow, but with the whole pandemic situation I've gotten out of practice with packing for these trips and there are more additional things to manage ahead of time than in normal times, so everything just took longer than expected today.

Won't be able to get a post in before next weekend, at the earliest, so in this case don't wait for me if I'm the only one you're waiting for. Hrani will just follow along with the plan the others have come up with. In particular, he'll go wherever Mara is going.