Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > New Member Introductions
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 26th, 2021, 11:57 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
saafris saafris
Wow! Thanks everybody, great to meet you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Welcome to the site! You say you started with Pathfinder but branched out. What did you dabble in and what's your current favourite system?
Since Pathfinder, I've played 5e, FATE, Mutants and Masterminds, Edge of the Empire, Stars Without Number, and a couple others I am probably forgetting.

I really like how Edge of the Empire feels, and its health system. Very crunchy, mechanics focused systems are a guilty pleasure because I love granular character creation systems that let me perfectly reflect my idea, but I usually run simpler systems. Mostly 5e just because everyone understands it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
That is quite a wiki! I love that kobolds and halflings are in cahoots. The description for the Battle for the Worldfire Was excellent as well. What a great, extensive world setting!
Thank you so much! That area has been a vague idea for a long time, and it was nice to finally write up some of the lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Sounds like you have loads of experience, do you have any good stories to share? Newbies always have the best stories.
Oh gosh, tons. My favorite is probably a superhero college themed campaign I ran in Mutants and Masterminds. The players were trying to hunt down a traitor among the faculty or student body, who was trying to do nefarious stuff.

One of the players was an immortal - came back to life within seconds if he died. He made the mistake of rushing into a bad guy's HQ alone, to rescue an NPC. No backup, nothing. I played the session as if the other players arrived shortly after, and they all managed to rescue the NPC.

What _actually_ happened was the immortal player was captured by the Big Bad, who had mind control powers. I told the player and for the rest of the campaign I gave him little prompts like "You should go to the gymnasium some time today" or "when given the opportunity, side with a student". He ended up basically winning the campaign for the bad guys, and I have a sequel campaign that's set about a decade later.

Was really grateful for a group of players that would just wholeheartedly buy in and accept that kind of mind control.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2311
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Maybe we need a Lizard Lounge for people who like kobolds and lizardfolk.
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 02:54 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4829
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Oooooh, I like the wiki! Welcome, saafris! See you around the site!
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 358
JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray
And hello from another new member!

I hereby take the oath of Sangus.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:57 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1077
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Welcome to the Site! Have fun and may you find good fortune in your games.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus