Old Jan 21st, 2021, 03:49 PM
Storyjunkie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Fate might be a good system for a teen drama. I tried to use it once for a family drama but I guess that I went too player driven and people didn't know what to do.
I actually saw one on here once that was a family drama. I remember reading it after it got started, if I recall correctly it dealt with family members strained by their relationships having to come together over a holiday or because of some family issue. Not sure if that was yours or not but it was very different from anything I've ever seen.
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 11:45 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14006
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
I actually saw one on here once that was a family drama. I remember reading it after it got started, if I recall correctly it dealt with family members strained by their relationships having to come together over a holiday or because of some family issue. Not sure if that was yours or not but it was very different from anything I've ever seen.
Yes. That was mine. Holiday with the Smiths. It makes me happy that somebody remembers it.

Last edited by girlplay; Jan 22nd, 2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 01:30 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14310
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
I haven't wanted to chime in and derail the main purpose of this thread but ...

Quote:
Yes. That was mine. Holiday with the Smiths. It makes me happy that somebody remembers it.
Oh, I remember it well, girlplay! It was such a unique game. It was one of the most enjoyably "off the beaten path" games I have been a part of.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4721
Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel
I have been following this discussion for a while now. You all bring up excellent points and have identified many things I would like to try in a D&D 5e campaign. If you are interested, check it out: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=202330

No big deal if you aren't interested, but I have taken to heart much of what has been discussed here and would really like to apply it in this forum.

Thanks.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Chicane dans ta cabane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5885
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Quote:
I remember seeing that game too, and I remember being jealous I wasn't in it!
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14006
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Maybe I'll have to do something like that again if and when my Monsterhearts game concludes.