Other Fragged Empire: The Ghost Ship Carthage - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 06:55 PM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3361
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Fragged Empire: The Ghost Ship Carthage

UPDATE: NOW ACCEPTING EIGHT APPLICANTS.
Two parties will party if there are enough applications.

Game NameFragged Empire: The Ghost Ship Carthage
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeFuturistic Space Pirates
FlavourEerie Exploration, Desperation, Gallows Humor
Plot Summary
THE GHOST SHIP CARTHAGE

An Introductory Adventure for the Fragged Empire RPG

right-aligned image
You and a handful of other down-and-out salvagers received a call to investigate a ghost ship that's recently floated into trade routes in the Haven system. The only reason you and your ragtag team can get to the ghost ship called Carthage is that everyone else has passed it by. You all are either dumb enough or desperate enough for funding to be the right fit for this job.

Despite knowing the risks of boarding a derelict ship lost in the Great War, you and your team can't pass up the opportunity to make a quick buck. Whether or not that buck is worth it will make itself apparent soon enough...

ABOUT THE GAME

"The Ghost Ship Carthage" is a published adventure designed to be an introductory jump into the world of Fragged Empire. Because it's an introduction to the Fragged Empire gameplay, it also comes with simplified pre-made character sheets that we'll use to get acquainted with the game. Once we're done with this prepackaged story, we will be moving onto a larger campaign with homemade characters. Consider this the Prologue to Chapter One.

I believe that those of you who donated to RPGX's charity drive received a copy of the Core Rule Book. If you missed out on that, you can grab the quick-start rules for free. Those should be more than sufficient to get you through this adventure. However, once we're done with "The Ghost Ship Carthage," we'll be moving onto the real deal, so you may want to get your hands on a copy of the full rules when that happens.

If you make it through this first adventure and for any reason decide it's not for you, you can have a "Get Out of Jail Guilt-Free" card to get out before the main adventure starts. To everyone else: If someone uses this card, I will replace them with someone who applied to this ad but did not get chosen or some stranger I pull off the street.

HOW TO APPLY

"How can I apply if I already have a character sheet," you ask. Good question! Since we're all getting acquainted with Fragged Empire here, you'll still apply with your very own characters. We're going to make it simple — no character sheets are needed just yet. Here's the information you need to include in your application:

Name:
Race:
Backstory:

It's that easy! I would ask that you look a little bit into the lore of the Fragged Empire world and the races within it while creating your character. The more apparent it is that you did so, the more likely you'll get into this game. Again, once we make it through the introduction campaign, we'll make our own full character sheets before making the transition from the premade "Ghost Ship Carthage" adventure to our bigger campaign.

For now, I'm accepting four players. If I get really crazy, I'll accept eight and run two campaigns side-by-side. The deadline to apply is the end of February, but I'll extend it for the smallest reason if one should arise. Once we start, I ask for at least one post per week. If we move faster than that — great!

ABOUT THE GM

Oh, hello! I didn't see you there.

I'm Lashiec, and I recently had no idea what Fragged Empire was. If you're well acquainted with this RPG, don't expect professional-level DMing from me. But do expect us to grow, learn, live, laugh, and love together as we explore this spooky ship and beyond!

I have some experience DMing D&D 5e. I love characters who build strong, in-depth stories for themselves and form strong ties (positive or negative) with the other players' characters. I'm not much of a rail-roader unless you want me to be or don't take action. I'm very open to everything, as long as it doesn't break RPGX's rules and get my game axed. Don't be controlling, mean, or insensitive to the other players in my game, and we'll all have a groovy time!

I have done my homework with this RPG, but I'm still a space case (anyone who has played 5e with me can attest to this). I will probably make mistakes from time to time — especially during the beginning. If you know I've made a mistake, puh-lease call me out for it. I have thick skin and I can handle it.

Thank you for reading this likely unnecessarily long ad. I'm excited to see what you all come up with.

Deadline — Feb. 27
UserCharacterRaceStatus
MarshmallowRyoko_239PalantorCompleted
Howling Winds ofN/AN/AInterested
HotsuSamaN/AN/AInterested
LightwielderBreoghNephilimCompleted
ihinkaBajiTwi-Far Salamander SymphonyCompleted
PallivenDrekLegionCompleted
DBCowboyHarley Sikes or Garret SaxKaltoranCompleted
StarflierDecima CaeliusLegionCompleted
mpowell60Benson HammerCorporationCompleted
Cap UtAnthony SeldonCorporationCompleted
oohelixN/AN/AInterested
Candide3692Marcus WashbornCorporationCompleted

Last edited by Lashiec; Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 07:01 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5420
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Sorry to jump right into the hard questions, but are you accepting characters of the races from the expansion? I've got a Palator half-baked that I'll try to finish writing during my next covid-induced fever dream and post up if you are.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 09:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Hello! You had me at "Futuristic Space Pirates"! Super Interested! I missed out on the Core boo,, but will read over the quick strat rules and see what I can come up with!
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 11:54 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8845
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
I'm currently unsure of whether I'll play past the Ghost Ship scenario. But it's been a while since I've played Fragged and it'll be great to get at least a taste again.

Character TBC

Name:
Race:
Backstory:
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 10:45 AM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Sorry to jump right into the hard questions, but are you accepting characters of the races from the expansion? I've got a Palator half-baked that I'll try to finish writing during my next covid-induced fever dream and post up if you are.
Sure, why not? Whatever brings people in through those doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Winds of View Post
Hello! You had me at "Futuristic Space Pirates"! Super Interested! I missed out on the Core boo,, but will read over the quick strat rules and see what I can come up with!
If you want more after those quick-start rules, you can pick up a digital copy of the Core Rule Book for $12 at DriveThruRPG. But that can wait if you want to get a feel for the system first.
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 02:59 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
Sure, why not? Whatever brings people in through those doors!
I'll probably secret most of the backstory because it's tied into a lot of pre-established stuff and I'd rather not drown anyone out in the noise, but I'll see if I can get something up when I'm sentient.
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 09:32 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
Lightwielder Lightwielder
Hi, i would love to join, i had the book for a long time but couldnt find any pbp game till now, it would be my first time , so if you dont mind a beginner who might get some things wrong or make dumb questions, im totally in. Well i can post once a day on average. Is that okay? I hope to have a sheet ready during the week
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 10:41 AM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
Lightwielder, beginners are more than welcome and dumb questions make us all better players and GMs. Be sure to read through the ad -- I'm looking for at least once a week and don't want you to make a character sheet yet.

Welcome to RPGX, friend!

Last edited by Lashiec; Jan 23rd, 2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
Bump!

If any lookie-loos are looking at this and scoffing at the idea of running an intro campaign, I would like to tell you that I lie awake at night with visions of the larger campaign that comes afterward. I may or may not make spaceship sounds! I don't. Or...

And if that's the opposite of enticing for you, you can totally just hang out for the intro and then duck out before the larger campaign!

Last edited by Lashiec; Jan 26th, 2021 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 05:30 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8845
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
I'm still around. I'll be filling out my app soon. Currently thinking a Corp character.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
If I were applying to this game, I think I would choose Corp as well. They seem to lend themselves the best with my strange desire to make unlikeable characters.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
I'm still around. I'll be filling out my app soon. Currently thinking a Corp character.
I'm in a similar boat, inbetween ideas atm, might post both see what you think.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 06:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5169
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Oh, why not... Let me put my hat in this. Like Marshmallow I have my eye on on of the expansion races - the Remnant.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
Lightwielder Lightwielder
Well i wanted to apply a male Nephilim emissary that has identity issues today, hope to do it tomorrow, had issues with my internet today
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 11:48 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
I have... Two or three ideas in mind, so I'll edit the other two in when they're ready. Sorry, hahaha.
Application
Ryoko_239Name: Ryoko_239
Race: Palantor, Neoarcheologist
Backstory:

Narji Celestial-PilgrimName: Narji Celestial-Pilgrimage
Race: Twi-Far, Symphony of the Pheonix
Backstory:
Every Twi-Far experiences it. The week-long fast, the process of two becoming one, a physical vessel and a being of sentient energy. The young woman who entered was not quite the same as the one who left. Narji had experienced the same bonding ritual as any other Twi-Far upon the dawn of their prepubescent years... Unfortunately for Narji Celestial-Pilgrim, her joining was one of a minor statistic. The Faren she had formed a symbiotic relationship with was passionate but hated to be idle more than most; This stirred extreme emotional mood swings and episodes of physical violence, the young woman had definitely fused with a powerful Faren, but its temperament was always at odds with Narji.

It was the Symphony of the Pheonix who took Narji in, her ship the Celestial-Pilgrimage mostly consisted of Twi-Far who belonged to the Symphony of the Salamander, but Narji's inability to control the passionate emotions burning within from the Faren was a push towards the Pheonix. The Symphony of the Pheonix taught the young Narji of meditation - the power of the spiritual arts, the joys and the need for the journey to continue. The Haven system offered a lot to the Twi-Far people, but for Narji Celestial-Pilgrimage, it meant an opportunity to spread the Symphony of the Pheonix and allow its warm embrace to reach those it may not have before.

Narji had somehow managed to stumble-upwards with the Corp, being hired as a "Third-party spiritual manager" Every week the corp paid her a ludicrous amount of money to perform meditations and spiritual guidance with a member of the corp from the Board's choosing... Though every penny above what she needs to survive is immediately transferred to a variety of charities for disadvantaged Kaltoran children, much to the Corps disapproval.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jan 28th, 2021 at 10:19 PM.