RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 11:58 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5286
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
[V5] London Falling

Game Name[V5] London Falling
Game SystemWorld of Darkness
ThemeSelf-(re)discovery, Secret Societies, Unreliable Prophecies & Personal Horror.
FlavourVampires from the 1940's awaken in 2012 London.
[V5] London Falling
[V5] London Falling
Great Britain, Mithras & 1940's London

Any story of London must begin with Mithras, the legendary Ventrue methuselah who claimed London as his domain for close to two millennia. Mithras came to Britain in the 1st century CE with the invasion force led by General Aulus Plautius under Emperor Claudius and quickly established the Roman province of Britannia as his own private domain.

Although over the following centuries Mithras continued to travel widely, he always named Londinium as his home, and he would suffer no contest over this territory. Other Kindred could dwell in Britain, but only if they accepted his authority. Mithras established the Blood Laws for his Kindred subjects long before the Camarilla’s formation, and in fact, many believe these were appropriated by the Camarilla’s Founders for their own Traditions centuries later. Mithras observed the formation of the Camarilla with interest but did not participate in the Convention of Thorns. In truth, he has always referred to operate independently of the sect, although his interests have often aligned with it.

In 1939 the potential for a Nazi-German invasion on British soil was a growing concern as was the potentiality for civilian casualties and war-time production. The government's response to this was 'Operation Pied Piper', which saw the evacuation of non-essential wartime workers: Mothers & Infants, the Infirm, and Children. Operation Pied Piper led to a mass separation of families, some never reuniting even after the war.

A year later Britain faced numerous historical events, from a German bombing campaign titled 'The Blitz' by the British press and the three-month-long Battle of Britain unfold between the RAF, Canadian Airforce, Luftwaffe & Corpo Aero Italiano. As the kine waged their war, there was one particular kindred loss that struck the kindred particularly hard: Mithras himself was killed during a bombing run in 1940 and his beloved Mithraeum was buried beneath the rubble of war-torn London, taking his Heralds with it.

You are one such Herald, a 10th generation vampire who was either "chosen" or volunteered to be a Herald of Mithras, put into a state of torpor through a long since forgotten blood ritual known as the blooding. The year is now 2012, seventy-two years have passed. The problem is though, your memory doesn't quite seem to be what it used to be and this London is new, different & far more dangerous than the year 1940.

QuestionsQ1. How many players are you looking for?
Unlike my previous ads, I've got something of a group of players already, I'm looking for at least one person, two-three at most.

Q2. Why "Fall of London"?
"Fall of London" is related pretty heavily to a chronicle I'm writing myself and planning to run in the future based in Northern England and will take place after Fall of London. This chronicle will take a while to be prepared, so I figured that the most natural and organic way to world-build would be to get the most relevant and 'prequel' chronicle run as a way to determine the outcome of London. There are... Certain elements remain canonically fixed due to the nature of the "Fall of London" chronicle, but that's not really a major concern.

Q3. What can I expect of you, as a GM?
I like to pride myself on my narrative-first mentality, I'm not afraid to change or tweak outcomes or add little twists if it enhances the story, characters or party relationship. I also seem to be a great source of dice-related anomalies, so do with that as you will.

Q4. Why do you have so many clan restrictions?
I've got certain clan restrictions in place (Malkavian, Ministry, Tzimisce, Salubri & Banu Haqim) due to a combination of personal experiences & chronological events in the V5 timeline.

Q5. When will the game be starting?
I'm looking to do recruitment through December and hopefully have the game ready to start mid-January, due to the presence of certain holiday periods for numerous people & faiths around the end of December. I understand this may put some people off and that's entirely understandable, though I would encourage people to apply if they're interested anyway.

Q6. Are you accepting players new to VtM/WoD/V5?
Yes, just remember: It's the World of Darkness, your eyes will adjust with time.

Q7. When's the deadline for applications?
January 20th, 2020.

Q8. What's your expected post-rate?
I'm looking for this game to have a post-rate of 1 post a week, minimum. Fairly standard stuff.

ApplicationCharacter Name:
Clan: Brujah / Caitiff / Gangrel / If anyone is interested in playing a Malkavian, I require you to not only list your compulsion/obsession but to provide an in-character post example.Malkavian / Thin-Blood / Toreador / Tremere
Mortal Career: What your character did during WWII. Examples for both sexes are provided below.
Mechanic, Engineer, Ship Construction, Factory Worker (Munitions, Bombs, Aircraft machinery), Air Raid Warden, Fire Service/Watch, Plumber, Ambulance Driver, Nurse.Female Careers
Soldier, Doctor, Miner, Scientist, School Teacher, Railway/Dock Worker, Firewatcher, Homeguard.Male Careers
Mortal Trauma: PTSD from fighting on the front lines of WWII, Witnessed the death of a friend/loved one, for some examples.XYZ
Touchstones:
Background information: With this section, try to prioritize giving short descriptions and bullet-points of the characters life, due to the nature of this Chronicle I'll be filling in the blanks with recovering memories. I am open to suggestions/collaboration with this, regarding PC memories.XYZ
Investments: What you primarily want to focus on: Physical / Mental / Social
Post Sample: Provide a sample of a post you feel best fits your posting style or even write something up for this application specifically, it's your call.

I'd like to have a mix of experienced and non-experienced Kindred in the coterie, some who are still very much used to the kine way of life with others adjusted to the Kindred nights. I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with a reason as to why your character would be present in 1940's London and why they'd be involved with the Cult of Mithras, to begin with, if you wish to play someone, not of UK origin. The same information request exists if anyone wants to play Ministry or Banu Haqim as Ministry don't have a big presence in the UK at this time and the Banu Haqim are only just preparing to join the Camarilla in 2012.

For more information on Life in WWII Britain, this is a juicy morsel of information and depression.

Applicants
UsernameApplication
SageheartPosted
XildurPosted
SolidSnekPosted
TaleTellerPosted
AndorPosted
KepherenPosted

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jan 21st, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9031
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
I am very interested. A few questions:
1) What post rate are you looking for? I am able to do 1 post every week. I tend to write longer posts, I can occassionally do more often but once a week is reliable.

2) I have only played V20 and due to COVID i doubt i can afford to buy a new rulebook. I am a bartender in the states and things are always up and down currently. Furthermore I am building a tiny home so few space for personal buys these days. Would this be a problem?

Edit: Checked your thread, you have two players already who I have played with before who can give you an idea of how I play as well. Going to think on an idea.

Edit2: I typically play Malks, but seriously. I am thinking of doing something different, and working off of my own background as a previous literature graduate student. A Toreador scholar is speaking to me so far. A historian or former professor. Would this be something interesting to you?

Last edited by Sageheart; Dec 4th, 2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 05:18 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
I am very interested. A few questions:
1) What post rate are you looking for? I am able to do 1 post every week. I tend to write longer posts, I can occassionally do more often but once a week is reliable.

2) I have only played V20 and due to COVID i doubt i can afford to buy a new rulebook. I am a bartender in the states and things are always up and down currently. Furthermore I am building a tiny home so few space for personal buys these days. Would this be a problem?

Edit: Checked your thread, you have two players already who I have played with before who can give you an idea of how I play as well. Going to think on an idea.

Edit2: I typically play Malks, but seriously. I am thinking of doing something different, and working off of my own background as a previous literature graduate student. A Toreador scholar is speaking to me so far. A historian or former professor. Would this be something interesting to you?
Hey, thanks for expressing interest, regarding your question:

1. I'm looking for one post a week, not really anything too intensive, if more posts get made, that's great, but one a week is a good baseline for me. (I always forget to mention post-rate in ads. )

2. I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking here.

I'd rather you submitted an application with a character you're interested in playing, rather than me making any decisions regarding Chargen for folk.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 05:34 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
No worries. I was asking about the character mostly to see if a historian like character would have a place in the game world. I like to devote a lot of care into my characters, so will for certain be building one I am interested in playing out and exploring their mindset and interaction with the larger world.

The question was in gist was if the World of Darkness 20th anniversary rulebook would be enough for me to play, or if I would need to purchase or acquire a different rulebook. I currently own the 20th anniversary rulebook, and don't see myself purchasing a new rulebook anytime soon. I noticed the game was for V5, and I am uncertain how different the rules are to the version of the game that I have. Does that make sense?

Thank you for the quick response. I look forward to presenting you with a character and personality!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
I'm honestly not too sure about the differences between V20th and V5 off the top of my head, asides from the introduction of Hunger Dice, Blood Resonance, and the Thin-Blood Alchemy.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:27 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Another Question, this one Story Related and multi-facetted. You state that Mithras was killed in 1940 during the Blitz. This would be pretty early into World War Two. Our characters are "Heralds" that have been in Torpor via Blooding ritual. Was this done by Mithras himself? If not would it have been done soon after his death?

I am asking in order to understand how much of World War Two my character would have, or could have experienced before entering Torpor. My assumption is that the Torpor would have started in 1940, meaning they would have been unable to have been involved in much of the later war. Is this correct?

I really appreciate you answering my questions!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
The Blooding would have been done by Mithras' followers. Date-wise we're talking early-to-mid 1940s, August at the latest.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Dec 4th, 2020 at 06:45 AM.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
A question if I may. What exactly does being a herald of Mithras entail?

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepheren View Post
A question if I may. What exactly does being a herald of Mithras entail?
That'd be getting into spoiler territory, I'm afraid.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Fair enough. I have a couple of character ideas. Will ponder them for a day or so to narrow it down.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Got a good chunk of something written last night. Will work on getting a final copy up here by Monday. Debating putting the work on progress here when it is a bit more complete to allow you time to get a feel for it. Either way expect something in the next few days.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
Got a good chunk of something written last night. Will work on getting a final copy up here by Monday. Debating putting the work on progress here when it is a bit more complete to allow you time to get a feel for it. Either way expect something in the next few days.
Alright, looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepheren View Post
Fair enough. I have a couple of character ideas. Will ponder them for a day or so to narrow it down.
Well, I'm always happy to hear them!
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 08:33 AM
E X N O X L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3410
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Hi Marshmallow!

How long do you expect this game to take, real-time-wise?

Old Dec 5th, 2020, 08:56 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderOblex View Post
Hi Marshmallow!

How long do you expect this game to take, real-time-wise?
Who knows.

It could be anywhere from a week then dead or a year+.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Dec 5th, 2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 10:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8149
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
This looks great, I've always wanted to try out VtM. So far my experience of WoD is a few novels and the old video games.