Old Dec 12th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Application
left-aligned image
Character Name: Ravinda Prakash Tsoma (Ravi)
Clan: Brujah
Mortal Career: Soldiers
Mortal Trauma: Sadism and Psychopath
Ravi had killed plenty of enemy soldiers during his services in army and it broke his psyche. He became unable to feel pity, remorse, nor fear. For him, anyone who stand between him and his objective are enemies that need to be eliminated. While he doesn't enjoy torturing people for fun, if a torture and humiliation could get him what he wants, he would do it after doing cost benefit analysis.

Touchstones:
Courage is the Highest Virtue (Churchill family)
Ravi admired the nerve of Winston Churchill who dare to stand against victorious Nazi (at his time of death, Nazi was still victorious), so he swore that he would defend Winston's descendant(s) as best as he could.

Never Act against Cult of Mithra (other member/s)
Ravi is quite believer of Mithra. He truly adopted the belief and not just do lip service. He would do his best to avoid clashing with fellow members if not really necessary, even might give them leeway if he could.

Always aid women in need (a random poor Indian woman)
Ravi is still upholding a gentleman style : seeing women as weak creature that need help. When he meet a poor woman, especially from Indian descent, Ravi would try his best to make things better for her.

Investments: Physical
Post Samples: Here, here and here. I only could find these old samples since I just return back from my Hiatus.

Old Dec 13th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
I love me some good, old fashioned World of Darkness

Adelaide AmesName: Adelaide Ames
Clan: Malkavian
Derangement: Radiopathic Schizophrenia
Adelaide has the rather unique ability to detect and interpret radio waves with her auspex. However, she conflates these signals with her own thoughts, and Hearing love songs might convince Adelaide that she is attracted to whomever she is speaking with at the time; Seeing horror broadcasts might make her generally frightened or anxious, or convince her that the mortal she is about to feed on is actually a monster like the one from the movie; etc.manifests whatever she sees and hears as part of her personality. Normally, this only serves to make Adelaide to seem eccentric and fickle. At its worst, however, this causes Adelaide to devolve into a psychotic episode, wherein the fiction created by these "thoughts" completely overwhelms and overwrites her sense of reality.

Mortal Career: Nurse
Mortal Trauma: Killing in Self-Defense
When Adelaide was a girl, her home was broken into by a burglar. She shot him with her father's pistol in self-defense, resulting the burglar's death. This event horrified her, and is a significant factor in her pacifism even in undeath.

Touchstones and Convictions:
Do No Harm - Mrs. Linda Zogleman
Although not a doctor, Adelaide has still sworn an oath to uphold the ethics of medicine. She will always attend to the injured and ill, mortal or vampire, and she will never initiate a violent confrontation. This oath extends to other vampires... to a degree. Because they are already dead, Adelaide is quicker to resort to violence to defend herself. However, this oath places mortals in a place of near-reverence for Adelaide. Luckily, in her warped sense of reality, Adelaide considers the Kiss to be beneficial to humans, so long as it does not lead to death. However, unlike most vampires, she will go well out of her way to protect humans and their well-being.

A paragon of this virtue, in Adelaide's mind, is one of her teachers while training to be a nurse. Linda Zogleman, in addition to being an inspiring instructor, was an extremely formidable and principled woman, and encouraged all of her students to swear the Nightingale Pledge or the Hippocratic Oath upon graduation.

Truth is Sacred - Warrant Officer Ambrose Ames
Committed to truth, particularly scientific truth, Adelaide refuses to lie. Beyond that, she is loathe to even mince words or omit details, and it is a struggle to even refrain from correcting someone Adelaide believes to be objectively wrong.

This conviction stems from early childhood, from Adelaide's father. While her father had been committed to personal truth, and detested deception in all forms, Adelaide has extended this to her academia to great success in her mortal life.

The Static Speaks
Mistaking radio transmissions for her own thoughts, whatever Adelaide convinces her of becomes solidified as true in her mind. Once she believes a mortal to be blessed by God, she will risk her own interests to protect them. Becoming convinced that she is in love with another individual, she will pursue romantic relations with them that she cannot have. Or she may become infatuated with a particular brand of cigarettes and force herself into relearning how to smoke (and by extension, how to breathe) just because she is afraid of "withdrawal."

Investments: Mental

Background:
- Early Childhood: Father encourages honesty and integrity as a core guiding principle, as well as a love of reading and knowledge. "Knowledge and intelligence is the sword and shield of the modern man, baby girl..."

- Childhood: Adelaide shoots a burglar in self-defense, who dies before the ambulance arrives.

- Young adulthood: Studying to become a nurse, Adelaide meets her formative mentors, including Linda Zogleman. Upon graduating, she swears the hippocratic oath.

- Adulthood: Adelaide worked in the London Royal Hospital for several years. During this time, Adelaide noticed a pattern of patients displaying strange symptoms of low blood pressure and pleasant delirium, and in surreptitiously investigating the matter herself, discovered the source to be one of the doctors, Jonathan Carr. Mistakenly believing that he was drugging or using the patients for unethical experimentation, Adelaide confronted him. In truth a vampire, Dr. Carr was impressed enough by Adelaide that he chose to sire her rather than kill her or dominate her mind.

- Undeath: Continuing to maintain her appearance of an ordinary nurse, Adelaide used her position to steal blood from the hospital.

- Mithras: As with many Elders that maintain power for any amazing length of time, Mithras realized two things: Firstly, that it never hurts to have a Malkavian or two on your side, and secondly, that even if he himself did not embrace modern technology, it is invaluable to include underlings that do. Adelaide's unique powers and her apparent unwillingness to lie made her a valuable asset while also carrying no risk of betrayal to himself.

Post Sample: The night after a bomb run was always hard.

Injured peoples poor in, faster than beds can be assigned to them. It isn't uncommon for some of the staff to never show up. One could only hope it is because they couldn't stomach it anymore, and are sitting safe at home... even if no one at London Royal had ever called it quits. Such is doubly true for Adelaide, whose very existence hinges on being able to leech the hospital and its patients for blood.

Although such an appraisal is unfair. Even after her vampirism, Adelaide's drive to help others - help humans - never dwindled. It is hardwired in her. Even now, during what is most certainly the worst day in thousands of Londoner's lives, and an entirely trivial, inconsequential night to an undying vampire, Adelaide works as quickly and efficiently as possible, her dress, apron, and arms stained with blood from a hundred men and women suffering injuries from explosions and collapsing rubble. Her black hair, hastily tied up, is coming undone and leaving wiry curls to get in face. Every time Adelaide's ebony skin touches a mortal's, the cold causes them to prickle with goosebumps and Adelaide can feel the living, warm blood coursing desperately through their veins. To some degree, she can tell just with this touch how close some of them are to death by judging their heart rate and rhythm, and by how easily or coarsely the blood struggles to make its way through their arteries.

Sometimes she can tell from the radio transmissions, callouts from ambulance drivers to the hospital. Sometimes the list of injuries and vitals is so long that Adelaide can tell the patient is merely a dead man walking. And sometimes, she learns from the drugs the attending doctor prescribes. Regardless the order, Adelaide dutifully draws the chemicals from tiny glass bottles into syringes, and injects from the syringe to the pumping artery... but the drugs are so strong, and so numerous, and in such high quantities that she knows the doctor is trying a last ditch hail mary to recover the dying patient.

The worst is when the doctor prescribes nothing but a painkiller. Then she knows the only goal left is to give them a slightly kinder path to the inevitable. Usually, when this order is given, Adelaide will be left alone with the patient for a few seconds as she gives the injection, and the doctor and other nurses move on to the next patient, perhaps one with a chance at life. And every time, Adelaide gives the anesthetic, and touch the skin of the dead man walking, and she knows that the doctor is right.

But this time, it's different. This time, as she gives the injection, something else cuts through the radio static, through the callouts and the orders and the lists of injuries. Had someone gotten a hold of a radio in the hospital? What... what is that song...?

Adelaide's demeanor shifts. The man lying on the tiny hospital bed is her son, all grown up and returned from war. She smiles at him. How long had it been since she had seen him? "Oh, my sweet boy! Why didn't you tell me?" The delirious, half-dead man rolls his head to look at her. With unfocused, teary eyes he studies her, trying to understand what she is asking. He couldn't possibly arrive at the correct guess... why would a white man ever assume that a black nurse younger than himself is suggesting that she is his mother?

Unable to ascertain what he failed to "tell" Adelaide, the man asks a question of his own, through pain-filled, gritted teeth. "I'm... going to l-live... right? I've g-got... to get home... my daughter..."

Adelaide briefly looks confused before smiling. Her son had a daughter? Of course he did... he's been married for a while, hasn't he? Adelaide looks to more important things, double checking that her son will live. She looks down at the syringe in her hand. Only anesthetics? Well, if her son doesn't need anything else, there must not be too much wrong with him. She looks at her son with a happy, almost tearful smile.

"Oh, don't you worry, baby. Just something to help with the pain. You can see the little one soon. I would love to see her, too!" Another miscommunication. Adelaide wants to see her fictional granddaughter, and the man assumes his nurse is simply practicing kindly bedside manner, perhaps being a little overly familiar in the hopes of putting him at ease. He's too weak and pain-riddled to quibble over it, anyways. "Pain?" he asks. "It still h-hurts, nurse... it hurts terribly..."

Adelaide chuckles. Her son had always been dramatic, hadn't he? Then again, it's been so long since they've seen each other... maybe he just misses being doted on by his mother. Adelaide leans in close to the man's ear and whispers, "I understand. I'm not supposed to... but perhaps I can give you something extra. But you cannot tell, understand, baby?" The man sputters out an acknowledgement, and Adelaide gives a self-satisfied smile. Anything for her darling son.

She sinks her fangs into his neck.

In an instant, the man's eyes roll back. The pain is gone, cast aside by the greatest supernatural painkiller in existence. And he certainly won't remember enough to tell anyone... not that he is long for this world. But for a short while, he experiences relief from the pain, and a lovely delirium that everything will be fine, and that he'll see his daughter soon. And Adelaide basks in pride as she dotes on her sweet, dear son.

"Don't you worry, baby... mother will make everything better."

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Dec 18th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 05:19 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9122
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Been insane week of projects followed by a shutdown. Going to work on my link to my Mentor, but may not be able to get a character post in yet. We will see what I can accomplish before then. I tend to get the character's writing style best in game.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Feel free to comment if there is anything that I need to revise or add.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5420
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Alright, no updates on applications currently as everything looks in order and I've updated the list of posted applications.
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
A day left, if anyone is left hmming or ha-ing, now's the time to decide.
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 02:25 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Going to be making the decision either later today or tomorrow, it's a bit hectic right now.
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 04:07 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
So, is there any decision yet?
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 01:05 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
I'm currently in discussion with the currently selected players, the application window might be extended to January, but everything is a little messy right now.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:54 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Ok. I understand.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 03:43 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I've decided to extend the deadline to 20th of January, as looking for players during the festive/holiday season is never a good gamble to take.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jan 2nd, 2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Gonna give this a lil tap real quick.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
If the deadline extension is still the 20th, I'd be interested. Would "Gangrel" as an accepted Clan also include City Gangrel?

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; Jan 4th, 2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
If the deadline extension is still the 20th, I'd be interested. Would "Gangrel" as an accepted Clan also include City Gangrel?
I'm not sure if there's any mechanic to the City Gangrel in V5, but you're more than welcome to flavour them that way. I'll need to take a look back into the books, however, to verify this.