twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 10th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley
This looks great! If there's space then let me know!
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5420
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfarley View Post
This looks great! If there's space then let me know!
We're still accepting applicants for another 9 days.
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Time fer another lil tap!
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Five more days t'go folks!
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Just a friendly reminder: 2 more days to go!
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Just posting to reaffirm that I am, despite my silence, still watching the thread

To be honest, I find it kind of wild so few people applied, although I suppose it is a combination of the holiday season and WoD being... niche? Does Vampire count as niche? I don't know what people play, PbP or Tabletop, aside from D&D5e, lol.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone, even that one person who inevitably slips in a character in the last hour. Especially you, in fact!

~ Oscar Wilde
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Maybe not many people have V5 books?
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xildur View Post
Maybe not many people have V5 books?
I didnít consider that, but very plausible. People might still be on older editions.

~ Oscar Wilde
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 10:47 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 898
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
I only have the older editions which was one of the reasons I am so hesitant to throw my hat in the ring for this one.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, after a brief conversation with our fearless GM I will take a stab at this. Here is hoping for the best.

Alexander's Application

Character Name: Major Alexander Devereux
Clan: I had hoped for Ventrue but if that isn't possible then Caitiff
Mortal Career: Soldier
Mortal Trauma: Alexander served in the British Calvary during WWI and then, though he was in his early fifties by the time the second war rolled around he reactivated from reserve status to help protect the homeland. He has seen far more of war and it's horrors than anyone should.
Touchstones:
Background information:

* Born the youngest son of a Viscount around 1890. Having no chance of inheriting the family estates he went into a military career.

*Saw extensive action during WW1 and served with distinction as a Cavalry officer. After the war went on reserve status due to wounds and advancing age.

*During the years between wars tried to find something to put his energy towards. Due in some part to PTSD and another part being war and fighting was all he knew there was little that held his attention. Was rather adrift during this period and though he worked hard to keep his physical regimen intact he spent a lot of time womanizing, drinking and getting into fights.

*When the second war came he cleaned up his act fast to volunteer for active duty and was assigned to the home guards. It was during this period that, now estranged from his family, he came to the attention of Mithras' people.

Investments: Primarily physical, then mental and finally social. He is more of a man of action though he does try to live up to the ideas of nobility.
Post Sample:

The rain on this night was most welcome to Alexander. It muffled the sounds of his own footsteps as he drifted along the quiet streets of London seeking his favorite sort of prey; the human predators of the night. Maybe it was part of his officers code of conduct or maybe it was a lingering sense of noblisse oblige but he preferred to feed on those who could fight back...and the more they would fight the better.

His memory wasn't what it once was. Whole sections of his life, especially since when he became a vampire, were still a blank slate to him. He couldn't do anything about that at the moment but he could slake the thirst that had come upon him. And the human he spied just ahead would do nicely.

The man didn't even notice the approach of death. Alexander slipped up behind him as the poor fool waited in the alley for victims of his own. Grabbing him from behind the man was quickly spun around so he could get a good look at what was about to happen to him. As his eyes grew wide the fangs sunk into his neck. There was one less danger in the night...but that didn't make it any safer for the poor mortals out there.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:05 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Today is the day, right?
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1310
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I always support WoD games, but I'm mid-way through this very campaign IRL, so it feels like cheating to apply..
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 01:05 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the late response folks, been dealing with a case of COVID, so everything's kind of a mix of a fever dream, medicine and the occasional wine-binge when I'm not heavily med up.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 02:24 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Eeekk. That is nothing to play with. Get lots of rest and follow doctors orders. Games will still be here once you recover.

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5068
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
I hope you get well soon!