Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Orsik Irontoe
left-aligned image
Name: Orsik Irontoe
Race: Dwarf
Gender Identity: Male (he/him)
Class: Gunslinger
Archetype: Commando
Traits: Your curious mind figures out even the most complex problems. Once per day when you make an Intelligence-based skill check or ability check, you can roll twice and take the better result.Tireless Logic, You have little to fear when there's a gun in your hand. As long as you are wielding a firearm, you gain a +2 trait bonus on all saving throws against curse, fear, and emotion effects.Black Powder Fortune
Alignment: Neutral Good
Description: Just as short and stout as most dwarves, Orsik doesn’t have any special distinction besides being a bit wider in frame. Orsik shares the same hard features as his father, right down to the sharp, detail oriented gaze the old craftsman has. Orsik has black hair like his mother, and he keeps his beard shorter than most other dwarves for utility. Orsik is a young, introverted dwarf who enjoys the silence of a good stroll over the excitement of a packed room. When he does speak, Orsik’s voice comes out as a low grumble that can be hard to make out. The only time Orsik raises his voice is in moments of great stress, or when he gets excited over some feature in the landscape.

Early Life in a Utopia Orsik grew up in a traditional dwarven smithing family. His parents poured their hearts into working metal in a way that would honor the family name. Unlike his younger siblings, however, Orsik could never really get into smithing like the rest of his family despite how hard he tried. Instead Orsik found himself sneaking out and roaming through the city, seeking places he’d never been to, always eager to find something new around the next bend.

But something about this never quite satisfied the young dwarf. For all his roaming and wandering around the city, something about it lacked a certain punch for him. That was when he heard it, a ringing bang that sounded as he was wandering out by the walls. He saw a monstrous shape writhing in the darkness, and a woman standing above it. With a final pull of the trigger, the creature stopped its writhing, and the woman moved on.

Orsik had heard of them, the Shadows, from some distant cousins who cleaned the tiles, and he had heard small bits of information about the land beyond the walls. The idea excited him like his city wanderings never had, and he launched himself into the smithy and the community with a new fire in his heart, asking anyone who had seen outside the city for information, and looking to smith something akin to the gun the woman had used. Whatever the case, he had to get out there, he had to know what it was like to walk beyond the walls, and to hear the beautiful bang of the gun again.

Life Before the ShadowsOrsik sighed as he scrubbed another patch of grit off of a tile, by the light was this ever boring! He was coming to understand why his family had been so skeptical about him becoming a wall scrubber. The only perk was being able to occasionally look out into the wasteland, and the view of that dangerous wilderness was the one thing that kept him here, otherwise he’d be looking to switch jobs as soon as possible.

“Hey Or!” called a familiar voice, “You almost done down there? I want to go for lunch already!” The young dwarf grumbled and turned away from the wilderness, the faster he finished, the sooner he could write down his observations. “Helloooo! Light to Or! Are you listening to me!?”

Orsik looked up at his senior, Laurence was a half-elf not much more mature than he was. Laurence shook the ropes supporting Orsik’s cleaning platform, causing the dwarf to curse as he held onto the sides, eliciting a laugh from Laurence. With a frustrated sigh, Orsik gave his left rope a couple tugs, “Alright alright, I’m done. Let’s get some lunch.”
Side by side with one of his only real friends, Orsik walked towards the break room, still thinking about the lands beyond the wall.

Before they could reach the break room, however, his supervisor intercepted him. The high strung woman's face lit up when he saw Orsik. “Orsik!” She called, quickly rushing up to the two workers, “Come with me, now.” She turned on her heels and strode towards her office without any further word.
Lorence raised an eyebrow, “Pollia seems… tenser than normal.”
Orsik sighed, “Then I’d better see what has her so rattled. I’ll see you later.”
Lorence gave a nod and continued towards the break room, “Tell me the details later, take care.”

Orsik followed after Pollia, entering her office with some resignation, he hoped this wouldn’t eat into his lunch break too much. He froze as he noticed the slender figure sitting at his supervisor’s desk. A hobgoblin woman in strange, dark robes was flipping through a small notebook, one of MY notebooks!, Orsik realized. He kept silent despite this revelation, whoever this was must be important if they managed to get Pollia to give up her seat at her desk.
“Orsik Irontoe.” The hobgoblin said in a rasping voice, “A marked witness of a nighttime wall breach a few years back. Reprimanded for the unsanctioned creation of, bang pipes, a few years after that specific wall breach.”
Orsik flushed a bit as she brought up that incident, when he had tried to make a gun on his own. He hadn’t really thought that it was illegal to do so without permission, and the whole fiasco had been something his peers had always teased him over.

The hobgoblin tossed the notebook onto the table, it was an older book, when he had first attempted to make sense of the weather patterns beyond the walls.
“Interesting work, can’t say it’s right, but it comes closer than I would expect from an amateur.”
Again, Orsik wasn’t sure how to feel. Proud at her praise? Angered at her casual observation of his passion? He chose to focus on the positive.
“Thank you… um?”
“Ma’am will do.” The hobgoblin said, resting her head on a hand as the other tapped the top of the notebook.
The Hobgoblin stared at Orsik for a few uncomfortable moments. Suddenly, a grin broke across her face, and Orsik found himself unable to resist grinning along.
When she spoke, it was with an air of finality.
“Tell me, Orsik, do you ever wonder if there’s more to life than what’s within these walls?”

Life in ShadowLife in the Shadow was a lot harder than Orsik thought it would be. The grueling training that he was put through tested the dwarf’s resolve, but he saw it through, he had to. His only other option really was to return to wistfully staring out at the expanse while scrubbing tiles, and he could not bear that thought. Besides, his family, and the city they lived in, depended on people who could roam those lands.

Although his choice of weapon was very difficult to adjust to, he learned its operation at a frightening speed. With every new day he held the weapon his shots grew more accurate, his reload speed quicker, the weight became more manageable, and he grew more confident with his abilities. This was a weapon like none other, his somewhat middling attempts in the forge had never come close to a beautiful creation like it. Orsik could not believe he had gone his whole life without knowing what it was really like.

Along with this is, Orsik learned about the lands outside of the Light. It was fascinating to the gunner, and he soaked up information like a sponge. Things he had only begun to guess at in his own studies were given in depth explanations he could never have imagined. Like with the rifle, the speed at which he learned almost shocked him, and within a year he felt like he could melt into the once-foreign landscape like he was a part of it.
(will add more as more characters apply)

Last edited by Amarga; Jan 13th, 2021 at 02:06 AM.
Old Dec 17th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@Muggins - Spheres and Path of War are good. This is Anime inspired so being a little over the top is completely fine.

Working on updating the table right now. Thanks for the interest so far everyone.
Old Dec 17th, 2020, 07:40 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8869
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Cool beans! That definitely opens things up a bit. I'll try and get something up in the next few days!

Another lovely question, not necessarily just for Pendragon: What do you reckon the fashion's like? There's electricity, early-modern guns, and no magic in our solar punk utopia, so are we really bumming it in fantasy tunics? If I'm wearing heavy armour, d'ya think it looks like standard plate metal, or is it maybe a bit more like this?

Last edited by Muggins; Dec 17th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2038
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
Hey Pen,
So just to make sure, DSP's Path of War is okay, but you aren't opening it to the DSP Psionic classes?
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1531
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Might I ask the in-game view on Necromancy/the concept of necromancy? Got an idea for a gray/white Necromancer in my head but not sure if it's too suitable here
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
The Magic Made Her Whole Again
left-aligned image
"I might have never known the Light, but I do know you've all spent your lives protecting me. Now it's time for me to return the favour."

Name: Pacifica
Race: Human
Gender Identity: Feminine, she/her.
Class: Hedgewitch (Martial Hedgewitch archetype), or Warden.
Magical Spheres: Creation, Protection, and Enhancement.
Combat Spheres: Berserker and Shield.
Traits: The Flexing Arm, Bruising Intellect
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Though small in stature, Pacifica makes up for it with her personality. Her beaming smile and melodious voice can cut through the tension in any room, and her well-armed and well-armoured person can handle anything falling on the more stubborn side of trouble. She is patient, considerate, and thoughtful, but struggles picking up on details both social and observational. Her tawny skin is nearly flawless, and her whole body is covered in a fine, glimmering coat of crystalline mana that she uses to augment her physical abilities. Her red eyes, though often ponderous or doubtful, nonetheless have a hardness to them from her sense of justice and dedication to good. For she knows that she owes everything to Oroka, and will sooner die than see anyone or anything within it come to ruin.

Early Life in a Utopia: Born to a loving family of five as Adina Dreyfus, in a little thatched-roof bungalow south of Oroka's town hall. Her father, a tailor; her mother, a councilwoman; her siblings each bundles of energy. She, however, was different. The definitive runt of the litter. Always a little bit shorter than she should be, always a little weaker, always a little short of breath. And though her parents and siblings did much to care for her, they could do little to slow the gradual deterioration of her body. Bones broke, joints ached, and hearing faded. Doctors eventually confined her to a wheelchair, though they could offer no solution to the problem. She was simply not meant to be inside the Light, they said. It was cold comfort.

Nevertheless, Adina did not abandon her passions. Reading and writing were favourites of hers, and she had many penpals throughout the city. Her eldest brother, Julian, often took her sightseeing through the farmlands, and her older sister Miriam would help her with poetry. She was always loved, always treated with respect, and always allowed to help in her own small ways. Her smile, her voice, her kind words. She was indebted to them, and both she and they knew it, but Pacifica never let it eat away at her. She knew that was just how things were in Oroka. Not everybody could be a hero, and that was just fine with her.

Life Before Shadow (Writing Sample):

Life in Shadow: Becoming a Shadow proved to be a transformative experience for Adina, now called Pacifica. The energies of the outside world had infused her with a strength all her own - magic, as the elder Shadows called it - and though this power proved difficult to master, its very presence invigorated her. No longer was she bound to a wheelchair, forced to tend to her aching bones or struggling for air. Instead, she excelled, for her mind was keen and already so full of knowledge. She proved adept with weapons and armour of all kinds, and with only a thought could manipulate the very world around her to both create and destroy.

The training itself, however, was gruelling work. Her body, though stronger, was not invincible - forcing her to dedicate many hours to reinforcing it using magic, lest she deteriorate once again. And though she tried to smile through the pain that her augments and regimen caused her, and sought camaraderie with her colleagues through her kind words, they shared little of her enthusiasm. Their reasons varied, of course, but she did not blame them for lacking devotion such as hers. She had plenty to spare, after all!

(To be continued as more applicants join)

Last edited by Muggins; Dec 31st, 2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old Dec 18th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@Muggins - That style works and so does the character concept you posted, lol. The helmet in the first one is a little bit overboard, there hasn't been space exploration, but the idea of needing protection when working is nothing new. Overall you can think of it as Golarion meets modern fashion.

@Panthas - Hi, good to see you again. I am more comfortable with the Occult Paizo classes, I didn't want to make my life even more complicated.

@PainterofMinis - It wouldn't be looked down at at all, whatever means that you have to protect the people is paramount. You are operating outside of what is seen as right and good in the city. Citizens that see you use those powers may fear you but will not argue with the results. 99.9% of the citizens will never see any magic done at all. Only the black panel cleaners and priests see the occasional bit of magic since it is all blocked within the city.
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
All done! But I think I'm a little rusty. I might make some alterations later on.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3781
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Shandrel Glee applicationName: Shandrel Glee
right-aligned image

Race: Human, aged 26.
Gender Identity: Female (she/her)
Class: Conscript/1 - Incanter/7
Archetype: None.
Specializations: Incanter: Nature Sphere (3pt); Conscript: Squadron Commander (2pt), Resolve (1pt), Coordinated Combatant (2pt)
Martial Tradition: custom - mounted commander: Armor Training, Armor Expert, Beastmastery sphere (ride package), Warleader Sphere.
Traits: Grove Neophyte (magic), Steel Body (combat)
Alignment: True Neutral
Description:
DescriptionA gorgeous, amber-eyed redhead young human woman, Shandrel's slender form stands 5'10, tall enough to look many men eye to eye. She is moderately athletic. She tramps around in heavy armor now that she has come into the darkness, in defense of Oroka's civilization. Her gear bears leaves in autumn colors, harmonizing with her hair and complexion. She is, if anything a bit vain about her appearance and garb.

Shandrel's personality fills a room, bold, warm, hearty. She is a natural leader. The force of her personality naturally draws people, animals ... indeed the very elements of nature to her.

Shandrel will at times be accompanied by between one to four beasts. Grimly is a dire wolf she rides as mount and her constant animal companion. The other three are more obviously magical spirits of nature, a bear and two eagles. Her personality manifests even in her animal. Though feral each stays well-groomed, being robust and handsome members of their species. Her care for appearances surfaces even in her nature-magic.

Early Life in a Utopia:

Life Before Shadow:

Life in Shadow:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shandrel Glee.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	88850  

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 3rd, 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3781
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@Pendragon - an application is posted. Please take a look and let me know if you have any feedback.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 10:20 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2046
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
@Pendragon, I finished up Orsik if you want to look him over for feedback
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 04:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Just wondering, but how are stats going to be generated?
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 08:58 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@cristal08Darkmoon - Array with three options:
A: 18, 14, 14, 10, 10, 8
B: 18, 16, 10, 10, 10, 8
C: 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8

I want powerful characters but I also want everyone to have some vulnerability. These scores are generated with 25 point buy.

@Everyone - I am working on updating the table. Still not sure on a deadline yet. With a major US holiday coming at the end of the week and New Years right around the corner, I think the second week of January (possibly the 14th?) is looking like the best deadline so far. That is unless we can get a bit more interest in the next week or two.
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 09:41 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
I'm playing with an idea for a mesmerist. Would a character using mind affecting spells, illusions and so forth, be viable?
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 10:20 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7973
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Might be time to jump in a new game. Looks fun.
Will create someone.