twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 20th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 382
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Hey Rook, I know RossN was having trouble coming up with something for the Power Level, are you having a similar issue?
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 938
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Been three weeks since they have last posted here, two weeks since they last even came to these forums.

Old Jan 20th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31061
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
Been three weeks since they have last posted here, two weeks since they last even came to these forums.

Calm those jets you still have another 11 days to the deadline and then probably at least a few days of deliberation after that while the GM reviews things. Excitement is good but let the GM do what he needs to do build a solid game and you will be thankful for it later.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Calm those jets you still have another 11 days to the deadline and then probably at least a few days of deliberation after that while the GM reviews things. Excitement is good but let the GM do what he needs to do build a solid game and you will be thankful for it later.
I think they were just letting me know that a specific player I asked about hasnít been around in a long time.

Thank you, I didnít actually look to see when they had last been on.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing. And a little bit of lighthearted humor.

And I still hadn't gotten any feedback or questions about my own submission yet. All in due time, I hope.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
What kind of superhero comics and movies do you all like?

Obviously, the Marvel movies are at the top of my list, especially Ragnarok, Infinity War and Guardians of the Galaxy 1. For comics, my favorite run is Geoff Johns work on Green Lantern from Rebirth up to Blackest Night.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:13 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31061
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Geoff John’s run on GL is easily my favorite and got me back into comics with Rebirth and blackest night specially being my two favorite arcs ever. When I was a kid it was Uncanny X-men, Death of Superman. Total Carnage as some of my favorites. There are a million others I could mention but those are probably my top ones.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:24 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmyr View Post
What kind of superhero comics and movies do you all like?

Obviously, the Marvel movies are at the top of my list, especially Ragnarok, Infinity War and Guardians of the Galaxy 1. For comics, my favorite run is Geoff Johns work on Green Lantern from Rebirth up to Blackest Night.
I don't like most of the MCU movies because I'm that annoying hipster. The Spider-man movies are golden though, and I like the first Iron Man and the first Guardians movie.

The Sam Raimi Spider-man movies are literally my favorite superhero movies. Absolute treasures.

Also, I fondly remember the Gotham by Gaslight animated movie. I didn't read the comic it is based on, but if I recall, the characters are very similar, as is the aesthetic and general plot, but the actual ending and culprit (its a murder mystery) is different, which I really respect.

As for comics, I tend to prefer deconstructive works. Watchmen, Brat Pack, etc... but I don't read a whole lot of comics.

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Jan 20th, 2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I can't really offer up an opinion on this. I haven't read or owned any comics, and I've only seen a handful of movies. Not really an avid moviegoer or netflix watcher either. That said, whichever movies I saw I at least found entertaining..
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1575
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I always preferred to Marvel to DC, but I like most all of them. I like the ones that are hero's no matter what the situation they always tried to avoid killing. Captain America and Superman were my favorites. But I liked almost all of them.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 11:04 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Hmm... been a long time. But I remember Doom Patrol, from DC. Weird and unusual stories. The Justice League and Justice League Europe. Astro City. I used to read a lot of Batman back in school. But hands down, one of my favorites was ElfQuest. It is still a superb classic.

I've enjoyed all the MCU movies so far. I haven't watched many of the DC ones.

Also liked Young Justice. That was some interesting writing and plots.

I do prefer the lighter side of things. I usually avoid dark stories or characters.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 02:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
I always preferred Marvel to DC but I usually read both. I stopped reading the comics about 10 years ago now.

I like both of the DC and Marvel movies but never had the chance to really watch any of the TV shows. I just started watching Jessica Jones and I'm intrigued.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 10:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Rinninian
I collected comics from 1985 to about 2003, had to stop cause of money. I collected mostly Marvel, just not enough to get all Marvel AND all DC, and X-Men and Avengers were better to me than any thing DC had to offer at the time. I still got some DC stuff tho, Elseworld titles, Limited series' and one shots. Lots of independents, Poison Elves, Badger, some Manga

Movie wise, I really like the new Marvel stuff and would seek out most any superhero movie even noting it was said to be bad. It still gives you a taste of superheroes. So even as bad as it was, I was still glad to have see the Roger Corman's Fantastic Four

TV wise, Loved Adam's West's Batman, not the same gear as newer stuff, but still the number one Batman for me, he was the gateway drug to all things superheroes for me, to see the genre pulled off without being self conscious about it even as a campy show. The semi gothic animated series with Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as the Joker is really the best serious Batman and Joker to me.

Different Artists and Writers to me, Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix were incredible Jokers too, just different, tho valid styles on telling the character.

The Marvel stuff on Netflix and now Disney+ have been or look great, still got some stuff to get to after I finish Star Wars Rebels

Novel wise, George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards series was incredible as well, read some of the Marvel novels and some other superhero-ish stuff, can't remember the name tho

Been playing RPGs for like 40 years now, there's been lots of great characters and campaigns, some great Superhero/Super Powered People ones have been among the best

Last edited by Rinninian; Jan 21st, 2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 10:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17181
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Hard to nail down what Comics I liked as I followed what I liked, in whatever comic it bled over into (speaking of Marvel of course). This includes anything with Rogue, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Deadpool, Some Punisher, Carol Danvers in all her iterations of Captain and Ms. Marvel, and Gambit. They each had some short runs either teamed up with another - like Nightcrawler and Shadowcat for example, or had larger roles in different storylines. That said, my most prized comic is Uncanny X-men, The Trial of Magneto. Oldest I have is an original #5 Silver Surfer.
Like Nightshade, I stopped collecting more than 10 years ago, more like 15 now that I think about it. For DC comics, I really didn't get into anything except I liked Green Arrow, some Batman storylines, Wonder Woman sometimes, but my favorite was Freedom Fighters.

For Movies, Watchmen first movie was awesome, I like most of the Marvel MCU stuff, especially how they more often than not tend to get the right actor/actress into the right roles. Forget what they do offscreen, Ironman casting was spot on, and so was Captain Marvel - for the leads I mean. If you followed the comics, they got those right.
Hate all of the X-men movies, though they had their few moments, except for Days of Future Past. Deadpool was spot on, and my sons who were Junior high and High school age when the first movie came out had heard me talk about Deadpool forever (and saw him in some comics I have as well as video games), and were blown away by the movie and truly love the character now as much as I do.

For DC movies, liked Henry Cavill's Superman, Justice leagues were pretty good imho (love Ben Affleck's take on the "Batman just about too old character"), Aquaman was good, and Wonder Woman was awesome. Love just about anything Justice League Animated.

For TV shows of late, "The Boys" is really good, so is "The Umbrella Academy." Saw Jessica Jones and Punisher first season only, and liked those. Can't wait to see new "Loki" show on Disney +.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 01:09 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
I know that for Dungeons and Dragons sometimes Dms will roll saving throws or Perception checks instead of calling for them individually from the players. Is it normal to do that with Mutants and Masterminds as well? It seems like it would work out well since almost every attack has some kind of defensive roll.