Notices

Old Jan 16th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Rinninian
Found the multi-attack, thanks

The way they do it, it only adds a small advantage, but given the scale of the game, if they did let you attack twice, it would be pretty powerful. She is ambidextrous, so there's that flavor, and got the MA, just 2 points for a +2 DC
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 03:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5083
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I will add Trenchcoat's point breakdown probably Monday, I think I have it all figured out.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
Hope I got this right and everything is in order...

Application
right-aligned image
right-aligned image

Superhero Name: Final Girl
Concept: Survivor of the Attacks, her Psionic powers brought her back from her coma as the epitome of a final girl from a horror movie

Appearance: Ally has long brown hair and blue eye, average height, very fit. She's often dressed in blue jeans and a leather jacket. When it's time to get serious, she'll suddenly be dressed from head to toe in some unique "movie version" of leather armor.

She's usually somewhat reserved and sober-minded, but is known to become much more relaxed if things seem safe

Powers: In addition of her armor appearing out of thin air, when the fighting starts, she'll also suddenly have a one or a pair of machetes' or knives made out of pink, glowing, psionic energy appear in her hands.

Other powers include a healing factor she can use on others, that will also heal herself, even seemingly bringing her back from death. And telepathy she can use to link herself and others into mutual conversations.

Background: Ally grew up in a normal enough home, father was a lawyer, mom was a nurse. She started to develop some minor psionic powers in her mid-teens, and soon started training at a nearby superhero headquarters. She got quite skilled with her powers, telepathy and creating small psionic constructs, as well as healing minor wounds, nothing much more than a small cut though. But then after coming out of her coma due to the attacks, her powers were many times stronger than before.

Motivations: Anyone's childhood can be an iffy predictor of their post school aspirations, but Alison was a known dogooder growing up. Finding out she had powers helped shape that future. She figured on being a superhero psychologist, helping the real heroes cope and decompress with any hardships they might face in dealing with any crime or super villains. After coming out of her coma, she had to reevaluate all of that. She was now in possession of "front-line powers", and a personal mission to stop criminals and super villains before they could scar and traumatize the innocent.

Stats:

Abilities: 36 PP

Skills: 12 PP (24 ranks)

Advantages: 11 PP

Powers: 47 PP

Equipment

Offense & Defense

Complications

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 46 = 105

Last edited by Rinninian; Jan 26th, 2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 382
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Hey everyone. I have been going over the characters. Midterm week slowed me down, but I’m still at it. I want to thank Kinister for helping out with some of the questions that I haven’t been able to come up with answers for.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Excellent. Glad to have been of help. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 938
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
midterms in january?

Guess it's up to Mr. Kinister to make sure we've got no glaring problems with our stuff.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 07:46 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5710
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmyr View Post
Hey everyone. I have been going over the characters. Midterm week slowed me down, but Iím still at it. I want to thank Kinister for helping out with some of the questions that I havenít been able to come up with answers for.
I won't lie, I thought you had disappeared on us. Glad that isn't the case.
Or so it seemed
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
There was a post a few pages back where our GM mentions he would be checking character builds and keep conversations via private messages. I know I discussed my build with him. It only took two days and maybe six messages. Everyone should be seeing the same.

Now, I was helping where I could and had curiosity, but I don't want to interject myself into the GM's agency on his game.

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Having said that...

Mr. Rinninian, I believe "Communication" as a power does not need "to hit". Hence, 'Perception Range' would not apply to it. If you look at the Communication range chart, in order to increase the range of the power you have to buy more ranks.

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rinninian
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Having said that...

Mr. Rinninian, I believe "Communication" as a power does not need "to hit". Hence, 'Perception Range' would not apply to it. If you look at the Communication range chart, in order to increase the range of the power you have to buy more ranks.
KK, thanks

So I removed the increased range, it was already at 1 mile anyway. Were I to put the points into another level, it would be like a half nation range, I just don't see that for her

So I increased her armor a bit, full ranks vs insubstantial and 1 more toughness, so 6 points now

And increased her Intimidation and Investigation by +1, a cost of 1/2 point each
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 02:51 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
midterms in january?

Guess it's up to Mr. Kinister to make sure we've got no glaring problems with our stuff.
I am looking through everything. Itís taking a bit of time where Iím just unfamiliar with the math, but I am going through things.

Iím in program that offers courses at an accelerated rate. My schedule goes Dec-Feb, Mar-May, Jin-Aug, and Sep-Nov. 3 courses for 3 months. Rinse and repeat.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
That is an interesting schedule. Is the June to August session Summer Session? Because a typical academic calendar includes such one. You are probably quite busy then. Out of curiosity, what are you studying?

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Artifact Creature - Myr

Tools
User Statistics
I’m studying for a Bachelor’s in general mathematics at the moment with a good number of my courses specializing in statistics

Last edited by Goldmyr; Jan 19th, 2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31111
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Not a bad way to go these days. Good luck with it!
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wow, nice. I never took one Stat course while I was at school. I was more into history. But I did take all the engineering math and physics courses. They were challenging, but fun. =)

Last edited by MrKinister; Jan 20th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.