Old Jan 15th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevaliers View Post
I'm currently going through the rules as I'm not too familiar with Pathfinder, but I'm definitely interested in putting an application together. Are gunslingers from the Ultimate Combat book allowed?
Since we're doing a fantasy medieval Japan, I'd say that only early guns are allowed, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
That's fair enough, a character armed with a matchlock musket was what I had in mind. If it'll cause a problem at all I'll go for another class.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
I'd prefer if you go for another class, yes.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 05:57 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Yuriko Yarikawa
left-aligned image

Name: Yuriko Yarikawa
Race: Elf
Class: Occultist (Silksworn)
Trait: Focused Mind
Alignment: Neutral Good

History

Born the third daughter of a minor lord, Yuriko always knew her prospects were somewhat limited. Her inheritance would be small, and the best she could realistically hope for was to be married off to the son of another minor lord. With no apparent avenues to personal prosperity, Yuriko instead devoted herself to improving the standing of her clan. Her place behind her older sisters and brothers allowed her to blend into the background, where, she found, she could be quite effective. To most outsiders, she seemed little more than an ornament; an attractive young lady to sit by her fatherís side as he held court. Behind the scenes, however, she became a canny political operator, making deals and negotiating alliances that benefited her clan. Over time, she discovered that the line between manipulating political power and magical power was finer than most understood. All of her jewels and flashy apparel were very carefully chosen to give the impression of a typical noblemanís daughter, and such things gathered psychic energy that most were unaware of. With study and practice, Yuriko learned to tap into that power, turning her political savvy into arcane might.

Personality

Ever the political operator, Yuriko is cautious about revealing too much of herself, and tends to behave in whatever manner she believes people expect of her. She does her best work when sheís overlooked, and she makes every effort to remain so. Behind the mask, she is thoughtful and calculating, carefully evaluating each person she meets to hone in on potential strengths and weaknesses, and how they could be of use to her ends. Despite all this, she is generally a compassionate, kind-hearted person; she doesnít take pleasure in manipulating people for her own sake, she merely uses the skills she has to protect her family and their holdings.

Appearance

From head to toe, Yuriko looks precisely as one would expect her to, a carefully crafted and maintained image on her part. Her fine silk kimono matches her vibrant pink-hued hair, which is usually pinned up by an ornate hairpin, one of the numerous pieces of jewelry she wears. She carries herself with a quiet dignity, displaying a calm confidence and self-assuredness.

Reason

Although her expertise has generally been used for intrigue among nobles and political maneuvering, in recent times the youkai has developed to the point where it cannot be ignored. All of her maneuverings to help her family pale in comparison to the threat posed by these monsters. Touring the countryside, she has seen the damage the youkai have done, ravaging villages and killing the people her family is pledged to protect, and she could not bear it any longer. She may not be an experienced warrior, but the kingdom has many warriors, and yet the threat remains. Meanwhile, she has many rarer skills, which may be just what is needed.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3216
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
Ahhh, I have wanted to play in an eastern inspired campaign for some time and this seems like a good opportunitet to make an anime-ish protagonist, who through hard work tries to unlock the secret power within himself! I will finish it tomorrow.

Hinoteko - The Healing Flame
Name: Hinoteko Akatsuki
right-aligned image

Race: Aasimar - Angelkin with the Scion of Humanity racial trait

Class: Paladin/Bloodrager

Trait: Community-Minded, Magical Knack

Drawback: Righteous Indignation

Alignment: Lawful Good

Deity: Ohiruhime

History: Hinoteko grew up with her mother just outside a small mountain village. She never knew her father and her mother never spoke of him. Inside their small home there was an unused room which only housed a suit of armor and katana.

Because of that Hinoteko thought her father had been a warrior and when she was small she had used to fantasy about how he had died a heroic death, while serving the emperor.

Despite missing a father Hinotekos childhood was happy. She was helpfull, glad and well liked by all in the village. It was first as she turned teenager that Hinotekos realised that there was something strange going on. She was different. Not only because of her bright red hair and flaming red eyes. Cold did not touch her. Darkness fleed her sight and why were she and her mother the only people living outside the village?

Hinoteko never got any answears. For a long time her mother avoided any questions and then one day as Hinoteko returned from she saw smoke from the village. She ran. Half of the house was destroyed. Her mother was missing. Hinoteko grapped the katana and ran toward the smoke in the village. A youkai.

It had already killed her mother and most of the village was in ruins. People was fleeing. Some was trying to hold it off. The anger had suprised Hinoteko, but not as much as her strenght. She was strong. Stronger than she thought possible for a human and as her anger grew, so did her strenght. It did no matter though. Pure strenght could not destroy such an abomination. Wounds healed as soon as they were inflicted and Hinoteko was mortal. Her wounds did not close and she soon grew tired and sluggish from the fight. The anger had given her strenght, but now she was exhausted and the yukai came closer, as it moved in for the kill.
It was at that moment that Hinoteko found something more. Something besiddes the anger and strenght. Something burning, holy and pure within her. She grabbed her sword and when the youkai rushed her, she smited it in one finale strike of righteous retribution. Then. Darkness.

Hinoteko was awoken by Nataku. A small spirit. It used its magic to nurse Hinoteko back to health over the next several days. There were properly many villagers who had survived the attack, but they had all fleed the village and no one returned, so Hinoteko first buried her mother and then any other she could find. It was hard work. Not physical, but emotional. It was people Hinoteko had known and liked for her entire life. When the work was finally over, Hinoteko took the katana and armour from her old home, whatever food and money she could find in the ruins of the village and then she started her travels with Nataku.

Personality: Hinotekos personality have changed a lot since her childhood. She grew up as a patient, helpsome and kind kid in control of her emotions, but the encounter with the youkai and her awakening powers have changed her. Her emotions flares and even though Hinoteko tries to control them, she is quick to anger, but also quick to clam down, smile, laugh and be happy. Her brash and direct personality can sometimes strike people the wrong way, but her warm, kind and trusty heart have won her many friends.

Appearance: Hinoteko is only slightly taller than the average woman. She have a slender body that shows no sign of the strenght and power granted by her bloodline. Her true nature is instead hinted at by her wild red hair and red eyes. She almost always wears the black armour from her family home and the katana she used to slay her first youkai.

Most people find Hinoteko pretty, even beautiful, but there is always something slightly uncomfortable and otherworldly about her. Her movements are to strong. To sudden. Her hair moves when there is no wind. Sometimes her mouth and words doesn't match or her eyes are not just red, but burning with a golden red inner fire.

Reason: Hinoteko fights so that as few people as possible will grow up feeling the same grief and sorrow that she does. So that no other people have to lose their family and home. So no one else have to live in fear of the youkai.

Last edited by Frederik; Jan 17th, 2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp
Just a note, but I redid Yukino's history section as I wasn't happy with what I had previously.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:19 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Just a note, but I redid Yukino's history section as I wasn't happy with what I had previously.
Okay, gotcha.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3216
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
I finished my application.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 05:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: Noriko Asakawa
Race: Human
Class: Monk (Zen Archer)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Trait: Focused Disciple
Deity: Uzume

History: At the remote fringes of feudal society not even the most caring of daimyos could hope to provide constant protection to his people against the bandits, beasts and wandering yokai which prowl the land. In such areas the burden of protection often falls to the everyday villagers, though sometimes they are lucky enough to have other guardians. Born in a monastery perched atop Yamato's rugged coastline, this was the duty that would one day fall to young Noriko Asakawa. From her earliest tuition in matters of history and philosophy it was always impressed upon her and the other children in the temple that they were not destined for idle lives hidden away in the meditation.

Alongside her more academic studies Noriko was required to learn not only how to craft a weapon, but how to use it properly as well. Though many of her friends adopted the traditional choice of the naginata, she opted for the bow. Her family had been arrow makers for two generations, and it would not be proper to end such a tradition. Gradually the young woman learnt the intricacies of shaping feathers into fletching and the forging of iron into a lethal point in tandem with the art of drawing and releasing the bow, all so that her arrows may fly true and strike deep.

By the time she reached adulthood she was ready to put her skills to the test, and it would not be long before she was given the opportunity: the patrols sent out by the monastery were encountering yokai on an ever more frequent basis, and though at first they fell swiftly her arrows or her comrades cold steel, not all foes would be so easily dispatched. It was on a particularly damp evening that Noriko came face to face with the hulking, monstrous visage of an oni terrorising one of the villages.

Despite the torrent of arrows and whirling blades directed at it the beast refused to fall, and the monks were forced to engage in a running battle as they drew the creature to their temple so the few surviving villagers could escape. Eventually Noriko managed to loose an arrow deep into its side which drove the creature away, but by that point the damage was already done. Many of her fellow monks were wounded or dead, and the temple structure itself had been heavily damaged in the melee. Worse still, there was no sign of the monster, it had simply vanished into the mist. As the temple began the long process of mourning and rebuilding over the coming days word began to reach them of bands forming across the land to hunt down the yokai, and Noriko set out to join such a group, praying that her efforts would not be in vain.

Personality: Though her upbringing has instilled her with zeal, discipline, and a clear view of right and wrong, Noriko is not an austere or humourless person: just as she was taught to strike down evil without hesitation, she was also told the importance of appreciating the beauty in life so that she has something to cling to in times of strife. She is patient when dealing with people not of her order and forthright in offering her opinion, knowing full well that her newfound profession is bound to bring together people from many different corners of society: to her this is an opportunity to understand the world in new ways and further refine her philosophical outlook. After all, it is better to gain a friend than an enemy.

Appearance: A young woman of average height and a slim yet athletic build, Noriko usually dresses in a functional set of clothing with her deep blue robes decorated with the symbol of her temple. Her long black hair is kept tied back so as not to be a nuisance, and she wears the faintest trace of cosmetics on her lips. To take pride in one's appearance is certainly not a sin, at least not to her sect. Alongside her bow and wakizashi she is never caught without her umbrella, ever conscious of the disastrous effect train could have on her bow.

Reason: With her home region devastated by a yokai attack, Noriko's reasons for taking up the task full time are two fold: not only is she convinced of the need find the reason for this sudden upsurge in violence, she knows full well the money gained in such hunts would go a long way in restoring her temple and the surrounding villages.

Last edited by Chevaliers; Jan 18th, 2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 07:02 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Looks terrific. Looking forward to see the finished product.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've updated my post. If I can find a fitting drawback for her I'll add it in.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 04:23 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Behelit Behelit
Satoshi Matsuda

WORK IN PROGRESS: HISTORY, MIGHT ADD A FEW MORE DETAILS/MAKE MINOR CHANGES

Satoshi MatsudaName: Satoshi Matsuda
right-aligned image

Race: Human
Class: Barbarian (Unchained) 1
Samurai 2

Stat Generation:
STR: 10
DEX: 18 (16+2 racial)
CON: 18
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA: 12

Traits: Berserker of the Society
Signature Moves (Masterwork katana)
Drawback: Impatient
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Deity: Satoshi believes in the gods, but refuses to bend his knee to divinity as stalwartly as he refuses to bend it to any mortal; his destiny is his own.

History:

Personality:

Appearance:

Reason:

Last edited by Behelit; Jan 21st, 2021 at 02:49 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5544
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile

Apologies, I'm afraid I have to withdraw my application. Hope the rest of you have fun!

Last edited by Crocodile; Jan 27th, 2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
List of applications has been updated. Applications are still accepted, so those who are interested may post, and the others who had posted their applications still have time to update or complete their apps.

Closing date is January 21st. Stay tuned for more update.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Anarka Anarka
Hi, potentially interested in throwing something together. What's the relationship of the empire to the local populace? Is it still mostly a homegrown affair, or would these be conquered lands? I'm thinking of a character that's been pressed into servitude and isn't the biggest fan of the powers that be