Other WH40K Wrath and Glory: Litanies of the Lost - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2021, 01:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
I have done the same.
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1310
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Mmhh.. interesting af!

I see that the Ogryns are not in neither of the resources suggested, I read around that there was bonus content about it but couldn't find it (apparently a future release), big pity for me..

I love WH40k but only know the imperium lore superficially (memes, mainly..) and thought that a big dummy like a Bon'head would mask my ignorance in-game.

Edit: ye, also the Militarum being pushed out of the way..

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jan 14th, 2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 10:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Axiom Axiom Axiom Axiom
@Ursinorum

Well specifically Militarum (and the Inquisition for that matter) arenít ruled out as keywords for character options. Those factions just arenít involved in the operational command is all. Everything is being directed through the mechanicus and administratum which essentially just means all priorities are revolved around asset preservation.

As far as ogryns, yeah would be just too much of a stretch to allow abhumans with the nature of this scenario. The plan is to run straight into new scenarios from the book when it is published later this year after this one and offer a chance to reroll into a new concept. Maybe an Ogryn would be perfect in the next although I'm honestly hoping for an aeldari scenario.

Old Jan 15th, 2021, 06:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Might be a step in the abyss but:

Zek
right-aligned image
NAME: Zek Widmer
SPECIES: Hive World Human
ARCHETYPE: Sanctioned Psyker

BACKGROUND: Life on Beseritor was like the planet itself, crowded and frenetic. The Widmer family was allocated to a sector dedicated to the manifacturing of lasguns ammunitions, and from his earliest memories, Zek recalls going to the factory with his parents to assist them, even if he was too young to sign a work contract.

At around eight years old, Zek started hearing people's thoughts. Understanding it wasn't normal, he tried to hide it, but as the words came from nowhere, he was often startled by them and didn't take long for his parents to notice. As soon as he came clean, his parents reported Zek, so that the rest of the family wouldn't incur in any troubles. After the kid spent a few months in a damp cell, the Black Ships arrived.

The Scholastic Psykana was rough. Luckily, Zek wasn't as powerful as to alarm the instructors nor weak enough to be sacrificed to the Golden Throne. He was classified as having a psy-rating of Golden Aeon as a Telepath, with some promise as a Grammatican Telekine. After years or grueling training aimed at controlling his power as well as indoctrinating him, Zek was granted the blessing (and trial) of Soul-Binding with the Emperor, to strengthen his mind against the dangers of the Warp and enhancing the control over his powers.

After more years of training, Zek was assigned to the Militarum, and sent to boot camp to receive basic training under the Imperial Guard

ADDITIONAL: On his way for his first assignment, Zek's ship was refuelling on Belaxia, when he was called down the elevators to take part in an emergency task force.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jan 16th, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 01:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Axiom Axiom Axiom Axiom
So as of tomorrow it will be a week since I posted this advertisement and there are 6 total interested players so far which is about the max I would be comfortable running with.

I still don't plan to start until the end of next week as I am still working on game boards and waffling on a few approaches to certain mechanics. That said I don't see a reason for those of you who have finished your concept to be kept waiting the entire time.

So here's the plan. Everyone who has finished will be getting a pm shortly. Those who are still working will start a queued list. Anyone who posts interest from this point forward will join the queued list. If anyone drops out I will be going directly to the next person on that list and so on until I have 6 total.

Finished Concepts:
WIP/Queued List
  1. SinnerBeta
  2. PainterOfMinis
  3. Ursinorum
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 01:28 PM
Purgare Wildlife Preserve

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1531
PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis PainterOfMinis
Sorry for the delay, uni work piled onto me. Anesidora should be done as a concept
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Axiom Axiom Axiom Axiom
@PainterofMinis No worries at all and PM sent. I didn't know what to expect with a game like this in terms of interest so I just want to handle it as fairly as possible.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
My bad, I left the "wip" handle in the app by mistake, but unless I screwed up a bit of the lore or forgot something, I should be good.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 682
SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta
I'm still here, will write up the character soon.
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Axiom Axiom Axiom Axiom
Opening things up again briefly to pick up 1-2 players. Scroll back to page 1 if you haven't already.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 12:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Axiom Axiom Axiom Axiom
Beyond the Warp
Perched in the dusky gloom of some generic habitation you find yourself relaxing at the end of a long and toilsome day. Monday some called it... a day unlike all others with it's dreadful composition. A day that starts when the blissful music of the days prior to it come to a sudden yet expected close. It is still there... faintly playing if you listen closely during hastily captured moments scattered too few and too far between all the rest.

The pict screen before you flashes a new image with every casual swipe of your finger. Most of the displayed images scroll past without eliciting a single conscious response. Some of them you have seen countless times before... others, while new, still seem familiar somehow. The scrolling continues, the display flashing images with an ever increasing speed. Each of them vibrant with energy as multiple hits from thousands of datalinks keep them freshly recycled on the astral network.

And then you blinked... "wait, what was that?" A single blip in your subconscious has somehow erupted in a torrent of cognitive stimuli. You find yourself hurriedly scrolling backward to find what caused this sensation. That brief glimpse of something unlike all the rest, something you have never seen before... or perhaps you have but it's luster has receded since days long past.

When suddenly... there it is.

The Emperor's Light.

It's calling to you, beckoning you forward. It all makes sense now, the music that had been faintly playing in fleeting moments throughout the day. It is the chorus of a thousand chimes echoing behind a thousand chanted litanies, all of the voices so rigid and pure... becoming louder and louder until the chaos of Monday is driven back into the shadows; back to the dark recesses of the Warp where it belongs.

The crescendo still echoes in your mind as the daemon Prince Monday is defeated and you find yourself standing with outstretched arms, adrenaline coursing through your veins. You look around at an empty void until your eyes finally rest on a table in the near distance.

A dude with a receding hairline and a beer-gut sits there surrounded by various books and a scattered mess of dice. He tosses you a character sheet, "Got room for 1 more, you game?"
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 02:46 AM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3712
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel
I'm definitely game for some 40k if you still have that slot open.
Never played wrath and glory but i'm up for it if you are lol.