twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31111
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Looks like a good group of players so far from what I am seeing. Lots of talent in this thread and I am excited for the end result of everyone.

As far as mimics go I was always a huge fan of Rogue and loved Peter Petrelli in the first couple seasons of heroes, but like Glee eluded to it has to be done right. I am more fond of a character who is an all out empath than it being an add-on and any empath worth their skin is going to have some serious flaws to being able to do whatever the other guy is doing.

It would probably be easier to run a mimic in pbp than at a table I'd admit so I'd be open to the right concept but if that is the route you go you have to go all in. I can see you successfully roleplaying such a character Drachen and since I know your style it helps.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 04:48 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15792
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Made some corrections, fixed a few continuity errors, and added my writing sample.

You didn't mention complications, but you did mention fear. Obviously a few is important, but technically fear is a complication. About how many complications should we have? 2 is usually the minimum but some GM's put in a maximum because some people can come up with with like 8 or 10 which can be a tad difficult to keep track off and are typically done to maximize the hero point gains.

Last edited by Hound; Jan 19th, 2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17331
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Looks like a good group of players so far from what I am seeing. Lots of talent in this thread and I am excited for the end result of everyone.

As far as mimics go I was always a huge fan of Rogue and loved Peter Petrelli in the first couple seasons of heroes, but like Glee eluded to it has to be done right. I am more fond of a character who is an all out empath than it being an add-on and any empath worth their skin is going to have some serious flaws to being able to do whatever the other guy is doing.

It would probably be easier to run a mimic in pbp than at a table I'd admit so I'd be open to the right concept but if that is the route you go you have to go all in. I can see you successfully roleplaying such a character Drachen and since I know your style it helps.
With a "nod" like this, I'm putting Mimic back in. Her powers are "not" singularly focused to reflect she hasn't really refined anything beyond flight, her tracking abilities, and maybe Mental awareness and blast. Though powerful, she'll start improving on her Mimic powers as she uses them more and more over time.
This reflects how she hasn't been much of a Crime fighter, or fighter at all really until her parents were killed. Now she's all in.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 19th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 05:06 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Phantom CarnivalName: Fortunata de' Medici
Alias: Carnevale Fantasma
Description: Tall for a woman at 5' 7", with a slim build. Fortunata has intense, blue eyes, and short black hair that would reach her jawline were she to let it down from its near-perpetual ponytail. She carries herself with impeccable posture and a haughty, aristocratic affect, and frequently treats others, particularly those she deems less intelligent, with dismissive terseness.

Even when not in costume, Fortunata dresses to impress, with finely crafted, perfectly tailored, expensive suits and ties. The jewelry she wears is practical due to the assorted enchantments she has placed on them, and even then none of it dangles is a manner that could be used against her. The rings are metal bands with miniscule stones and complex patterns engraved on them. Her right ear possesses a trio of small, silver studs, each in the shape of a fleur de lis. The left ear - the most ostentatious of all - features an ornate cuff over the cartilage in the shape of a writhing octopus.

When in costume... well, costume is certainly the right word. Fortunata dons garb stylized after the Carnevale di Venezia. The clothes remain practical, but become more ostentatious, with fine gold patterns over dark red and purple cloth. She wears a masterfully crafted volto style mask that covers her entire face, a black cloak, and a conservative tricorn hat. It appears wholly frivolous to most, but in reality the added drama, the performative aspect itself, aids Fortunata's magic.

Personality: Fortunata is devilishly intelligent, and she knows it. A storied lineage and access to sequestered, Order secrets have done Fortunata's ego and pride no favors. She is not especially talented at casting spells, aside from enchanting objects, which she fuels into her artificer pursuits. Fortunata is focused and single-minded, with both an eye for detail and boundless creativity, making her both a gifted engineer and talented artist. Her impressive intellect and regal bearing allow her to be persuasive when she wishes, but it is all too frequent that she dismisses others as not being worth the time or effort. She is not scornful, but she is distant, and would prefer to absorb herself in her craft rather than entertain frivolous social niceties.

Fortunato plays the part of the social manipulator, but is just as self-assured and cocky, if not more. He is hospitable, insightful, and charismatic, as well as a hopeless flirt. He, unlike the other personas, smokes cigarettes and carries a carefree attitude. However, he is equally single-minded and focused to the others; it is only the necessity of pleasing others and gaining their trust and affection that gives him softer edges than the other two.

The Phantom Carnival is an abstract concept, even to Fortunata herself. Where Fortunata feels a part of herself in both her female and male personas, even to herself the Carnival is an act. She feels silly playing the role at times, even if she understands the necessity, and her intense attention to detail and perfectionism bar her from breaking character.

Carnivale Fantasma is dark and brooding, malevolent (although not murderous, even if it threatens to be otherwise) and ruthless. But it is also artistic, poetic, and strategic. In addition, Fortunata finds herself far more fixated on both justice as well as compassion when she plays the character. It is necessary that the monster does not consume her, and so she takes extra steps to ensure the safety and well-being of others, even her targets. Fortunata will go to incredibly lengths to try to isolate her targets from innocent bystanders and other potential collateral damage. And while she won't shed a tear over breaking a few bones, death serves no purpose to Fortunata, even her targets' death. Aside from moral implications, the simple practical reason is that dead criminals cannot fear her, and by extension, cannot fuel the mythos she is trying to build.

Greatest Fear: The Order of Magi finding her before she can defeat Aspect.

Origin and Powers: Fortunata's magic is a birthright, a gift passed down the Medici bloodline for over a millennia. The magical arts flourish only under intensive study and training.

Fortunata is gifted at enchantment, the art of binding spells to physical objects, which she combines with her love of tinkering and craftsmanship to create magical artifacts.

Background:

Complications:

Motivation: Recognition - The Curse of the Medici limits Fortunata's powers. As a Medici, she is obscure, a relic, something that once held power but no longer. By creating the Phantom Carnival, Fortunata created a persona that could gain fame and recognition, and by extension, gain power. But it only works if her acts are publicly known, as well as dramatic and/or noteworthy enough to capture the attention of the public at large.

Motivation: Justice - A thin line, for Fortunata. Revenge is perhaps a more precise term, and ultimately fixated on Aspect. Every other criminal is just a stepping-stone leading to him. But for now, Fortunata plans to capture him alive... even if a part of her secretly hopes he gives her no choice but to kill him.

Identity - Fortunata must constantly juggle three identities to achieve her ends. "Fortunata" is her true self, and the most comfortable to wear, but even still comes with the requirement that she carefully manicure her image, as Fortunata's public image is tied to her power.

"Fortunato" is her male persona, used when dealing with mages from the Order or contacts of the Medici. Within the more archaic world of magic, being a male heir carries weight and power; being the only daughter leaves her as nothing more than the last of a withered family tree.

"Carnevale Fantasma" is a third persona altogether, intentionally divorced from either Fortunata or Fortunato. It is a mythological being of her own creation, designed to inspire fear in criminals and spark awe, wonder, and amazement in everyone else. The more popular, the more intriguing, and the more revered the Phantom Carnival becomes, the more powerful it becomes.

This is a catch-all power loss mechanic. Potential uses include, but are not limited to:

An enemy attempting to counter one of Fortunata's effects does not need to make a contested roll, and automatically succeeds. The enemy believes they can counter the power, and that believe is made a reality by the curse.

An enemy discovering The Carnivale's actor, Fortunata, may become immune to her powers or result in her losing her powers, particularly if they are magic users or know about the Medici's curse. If they believe the Medici's are second-rate, weak magi, then realizing that they are facing a Medici will give them significant advantage.

Fortunata flubbing a check may result in power loss if there are witnesses to her failure. Performing exceptionally poorly could result in a loss of confidence in her from witnesses, both allies and enemies, which could result in her powers suffering.

Failutre to engage in adequately moral conduct as the Phantom Carnivale could provide story complications. If many people believe the Phantom Carnivale is a dangerous villain that needs to be behind bars, evidence of who she is, or what she is doing will miraculously fall into the lap of journalists or police officers. The universe will conspire to make the wishes of the populace a reality.
Power Loss: Curse of the Medici- What others believe of Fortunata or her personas eventually manifests in reality. If the public losses faith in the Phantom Carnival's abilities, Fortunata's magic will dwindle. Likewise, if Fortunata or Fortunato fail to maintain the respect and admiration of colleagues and contemporaries, she will lose contacts, networks, or other existing resources that she relies on in Freedom City. In other words, she is either at the very top, or she will very swiftly come tumbling down.

Power Loss: Only So Many Bullets... - Unlike most mages, Fortunata must cast her spells via physical ammunition. Each bullet is personally crafted by Fortunata, and takes an investiture of time. Liberal use of said spells can and will run her ammunition dry during a mission.

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Feb 16th, 2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 06:15 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Made some corrections, fixed a few continuity errors, and added my writing sample.

You didn't mention complications, but you did mention fear. Obviously a few is important, but technically fear is a complication. About how many complications should we have? 2 is usually the minimum but some GM's put in a maximum because some people can come up with with like 8 or 10 which can be a tad difficult to keep track off and are typically done to maximize the hero point gains.
Yes that was an Oversight on my part. There should be at least 2 fear can count as one of you would like but having a few will help with rewarding hero points ect.

I’ve never put a cap on them but I’ll say use good sense and don’t go overboard we want complicated but not high maintenance
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 06:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17331
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I think the Raveness is ready for Review.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 07:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian
Character updated. As an aside, which tag do you use to put text into an outlined box?
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 07:48 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19409
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
If you're doing reviews I'll take one too.
Curses!
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 07:53 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1570
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Fieldset

Last edited by Attitude; Jan 19th, 2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1570
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Kelly
right-aligned image
Name: Kelly Harcourt

Alias: Hard Core

Description: Kelly is a big guy. Before the accident, he barely broke the six-foot mark. In the months after the explosion, he’s added three inches to that as well as about 50 pounds of muscle. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and a charming smile. In addition to that, Kelly exudes a magnetism that is almost palpable. His posture and stride are eye-catching. Unfortunately, when he talks, he sounds awkward with “uhms” and “ahhs” peppering his speech.

As Hard Core, he wears a black and red, reinforced bodysuit. On his left forearm is a sturdy, metal gauntlet. It has a variety of lights, buttons, and displays on it. As Kelly Harcourt, he goes out of his way to distance himself from his alter ego. Kelly wears hats and loose-fitting clothing to conceal his appearance and makes a conscious effort to downplay his physical presence.

Personality: Kelly has always had a laid-back, carefree attitude. He didn’t have to try hard in school or afterward, so he’s never really pushed himself. That attitude towards life has made him popular with friends and coworkers. He’s used to being around others and, living up to their expectations is something he has always done without thinking about it. Unfortunately, this means that he can be easily swayed by other people’s opinions and he gets frustrated by trying to be all things to all people.

Since embarking on a life of crimefighting, Kelly has had his eyes opened to the dark underbelly of human nature. That has dampened his ‘life-of-the-party’ demeanor but, so far, only partially. Most of the time he tends to be recklessly carefree. He becomes gloomy when faced with the ugly side of his new venture, only shaking it off after having had a chance to process it. That usually comes from talking to his friend, Carlo, who is so well-grounded in life.

Greatest Fear: Living a meaningless life.

Origin: In a different slice of the multiverse, another version of Kelly fell into a well of infinity that cuts through all of existence. Now, there is an imbalance caused by that Kelly Harcourt intruding on all his other lives over and over again. While some iterations of Kelly never feel the imbalance, most do to one degree or another. Some have strange dreams while others know things they shouldn’t. A few have a close enough connection to the multiverse to create a duplicate of themselves, giving form to the Kelly who is otherwise trapped by the multiverse.

This Kelly Harcourt is unaware of all this. He thinks his ability somehow came from the explosion at MarsTech when, in fact, the opposite is true. His other self interceded at the critical moment which saved both Kelly and Carlo. Both men were affected by the explosion though. Kelly became stronger and tougher than any delivery driver has a right to be. Carlo, on the other hand, became incredibly smart and perceptive. He went from being a C- /D+ public school student to a white hat hacker almost overnight.

Powers: Hard Core is a big, tough, physical guy. Even before he became a hero, things came easy to him and he had a laid-back kind of charm. Since becoming Hard Core, that’s even more true. On his own, he is far tougher and stronger than an average person and with a few gadgets from his partner, Carlo, he can hang with the big-time heroes and villains. And, did I mention there’s two of him?

Background: Kelly was headed nowhere, and he hated it. The problem was that he had it pretty good, but good is the enemy of great. He had a good job as a delivery driver for a soda company, made good money, stayed in shape, and got plenty of benefits and time off. He couldn’t complain, but he still did. He wanted more. He wanted a life of significance. He wasn’t going to get that as a delivery driver, but he didn’t know what to do about it.

That changed when he was making a delivery to MarsTech. They had three vending machines at their lab on the outskirts of town. He was filling the first one when the explosion occurred. There were several thick walls between Kelly and the explosion but he and the security guard escorting him still caught part of the blast. Talk about a tech boom!

Kelly and the security guard, Carlo Dominguez, spent a week together in the hospital, recovering. They had only spent a few minutes together before the blast, but the shared near-death experience made them friends for life. Once they were released, Kelly was a regular fixture at the Dominguez house.

About a month after the accident, Kelly and Carlo finally had “the talk.” While sitting on the tailgate of Kelly’s truck with a twelve pack between them, they snuck up on the changes they were both going through. Kelly was obviously much bigger and stronger while Carlo was solving fiendishly complex mathematical problems just to kill time.

Kelly broached the idea of becoming a superhero. He was nervous about it and he hoped his friend would give him a thumbs up. Instead, the exact opposite happened. Without being a nay-sayer, Carlo made some very good arguments for not doing it. They were both still developing and didn’t know the extent of their powers. Nor did they know if those powers would be around forever. Plus, they both had more to lose than to gain.

Kelly couldn’t argue. By the end of the twelve pack, they had agreed to lay low for a few months and then maybe – maybe! – look into UFC fighting for Kelly.

Time waits for no man though, and less than a week after that fateful conversation, Little Puerto Rico was the scene of a brutal and senseless attack. A couple of blocks away from Carlo’s house, and right across the street from the guys’ favorite watering hole, a villain calling himself Frozenheart tore up a butcher store for no apparent reason.

Carlo studiously avoided the meaningful looks he got from Kelly. When the same villain attacked a park, killing a newly married couple and injuring a dozen more, Carlo was out of excuses. Kelly was going to do something, no matter what. He wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even Kelly could tell something was up and this problem wasn’t going away.

Frozenheart’s third time was the charm for Kelly. The villain attacked a shopping mall and was leisurely wrecking stores and security guards when Kelly got there. The young hero jumped in with gusto and caught his opponent flat-footed. After that it was all downhill for Hard Core. His first punch was the only one he landed before Frozenheart blasted him with cold and sealed him in a block of ice.

As embarrassing as it was to lose like that, at least this time there were no fatalities. Carlo agreed that they needed to do something with their powers. He volunteered his father’s old, abandoned auto shop as a base of operations. They left the outside looking like a dump but made the inside a livable space to work out of.

While it has been a comedy of errors at times, there have been enough successes to keep them plugging away. They make a pretty good team. Carlo builds the gadgets, and Kelly takes them out in the field and breaks them. The random attacks on Little Puerto Rico have tapered off but Kelly is sure there is more to it than senseless violence.

Writing Sample: This is it, Kelly thought to himself. My first case as a superhero. Do they call them cases? Whatever, here we go! Hard Core is here to save the day!

The would-be hero was being propelled across town via jet boots that he controlled with the gauntlet on his left arm. They weren’t the fastest way to get around but, since his car had been repossessed last month for nonpayment, they’d have to do. The police scanner he’d sunk his money into was expensive but about to pay off. The cops were responding to a call in a suburb on the outskirts of town.

Thanks to his bird’s-eye view, he saw the dust-up from a good distance off. It looked like someone was tearing up a storage unit. Seriously? Hard Core wondered. My first case is going to be a break-in at the local Stor-All?

As he approached, it looked like a stunningly beautiful woman was tossing cops around like ragdolls. Crap, am I allowed to hit a woman? He never got a chance to answer that question as the power went out in his left boot. It was only out for a second, but that was enough to send him into a corkscrew spin.

Out of control, Hard Core crashed into a police car a few feet from the woman. “Mmmm,” the villainess purred. She put her foot – which was both heavier and stronger than expected - on Hard Core’s chest. “You’ve got the right idea, manling, but I don’t have time to play with you now.” Lady Astrid waved and a pair of glassy-eyed police officers lifted up a steamer trunk for her. With her other hand, she made a sweeping gesture and a portal to elsewhere opened.

In the silence that followed, Kelly looked down at his ruined jet boots. Looks like I’m walking home.

Since then, Hard Core has crossed swords with Astrid on several occasions. His technological gadgets have gotten more reliable over time, but the budding superhero has yet to overcome the goddess. He has managed to disrupt her plans on several occasions, earning her ire in the process.

Hard Core
Strength 8 Agility 4 Fighting 8 Awareness 0
Stamina 8 Dexterity 0 Intelligence 0 Presence 2
POWERS
  • Duplicate - Summon Duplicate 8 - 24 points
  • Suit - Protection 5, Impervious 8, removable - 11 points
  • Gadgets - Variable 2, removable, slow (can only switch "back at the shop") - 10 points
ADVANTAGES
  • Combat: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Power Attack, Takedown
  • Skills: Attractive 2, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Skill Mastery: acrobatics, Skill Mastery: athletics
  • Other: Equipment 1 (Medium (0), Toughness 8 (1), Computer, Living Space, Secret (appears abandoned), WorkshopHQ), Teamwork, Ultimate Will, Ultimate Fortitude
SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 7 (+15), Expertise (delivery driver) 3 (+3), Intimidate 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: throwing 6 (+6), Technology 4 (+4)
OFFENSE
DEFENSE
+8 unarmed, +6 throwing
  • Dodge: 8
  • Parry: 8
  • Will: 12
  • Fortitude: 8
  • Toughness: 12
COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Acceptance – all his life, Kelly has wanted to be accepted by the people around him.
  • Power Loss: Cutting-edge Technology – Carlo’s devices don’t always hold up to the rigors of superpowered fights.
  • Relationship: Extended Family – Kelly doesn’t have a secret or public ID so, with enough work, a determined person could track down his loved ones.
  • Enemy: Problems with MarsTech – either they are hunting him to dissect him (if they are the bad guys) or they want to “get their intellectual property back” (if they are neutral or the good guys).
POWER POINT TOTALS
Abilities = 60 + Powers = 44 + Defenses = 16 + Skills = 16 + Advantages = 14 = 150
DUPLICATE
STR 8 STA 8 AGI 4 DEX 0 FGT 8 INT 0 AWE 0 PRE 2 OFF Unarmed +8, Throwing +6; DEF Dodge: 8 Parry: 8Will: 8 Fort: 8 Tough: 8; Powers: Suit – Impervious Toughness 8, removeable; Gadgets – Variable 2, removeable, slow (can only change powers “back at the shop”); Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 7 (+15), Expertise (delivery driver) 3 (+3), Intimidate 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: throwing 6 (+6), Technology 4 (+4); Advantages: Combat: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Power Attack, Takedown Skills: Attractive 2, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Skill Mastery: acrobatics, Skill Mastery: athletics Other: Equipment 1 (HQ), Teamwork, Ultimate Will, Ultimate Fortitude; Abilities = 60 + Powers = 16 + Skills = 18 + Defenses = 12 + Advantages = 14 = 120

Extra Stuff
Kelly’s Story: Kelly is someone who wants to accomplish something significant in his life. All the way down to his toenails he is certain that there is more to life than working, paying bills, and turning food into fertilizer. Even before the accident, he felt that he could do something great whether it was ending poverty, cleaning up the oceans, or… something.

The first problem with Kelly is he is too much of a “people-pleaser” and too dependent upon other people’s opinion of him. He doesn’t yet understand that to do something great, you have to break away from the herd. When you do that, the nay-sayers come out and that is something that Kelly doesn’t know how to handle.

Kelly’s second problem is that he doesn’t have a cause that is personal to him. Right now, all he has is lofty ideals that sound good. He doesn’t realize that his ideas about “doing great things” are completely self-centered. They always involve him being rewarded with money, beautiful women, and morning talk-show interviews.

Kelly has to learn that if you want to achieve something significant, there will always be critics. He has to tune them out and not worry about what other people think. He also needs to find that one thing that he cares about more than his delicate ego. He has to find the thing that he is willing to commit himself to even if there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Character Development: After being faced with some harsh realities, Kelly will make a commitment to picking a tiny corner of Emerald City to make better. The harsh realities could be an NPC death, a troubling conversation with one of the “dark” PCs, or an encounter with a supervillain that goes badly. His commitment will probably be to clean up Little Puerto Rico or some part of it such as a run-down apartment complex or business district.

There will be hits and misses as Kelly has to resolve his inner conflict between his old, easy-going, people-pleaser self and a new, more determined Kelly. At the same time, Carlo should be developing from a background voice to a minion and then eventually a combat-ready sidekick. Kelly’s duplicate may also start to show some unique characteristics. He was a 1930s hard-boiled P.I. originally. He may throw out some unusual phrases when he’s talking that ultimately leads to Kelly learning about his other existences.

NPCs and Locations:
  • Carlo Dominguez - Kelly's partner and the brains behind the operation.
  • Letti Dominguez and Esplen Diaz - Carlo's mother and aunt. A couple of fiery, 40-something widows.
  • Maria, Little Letti, and Chris - Carlo's younger siblings (22, 19, and 17 respectively).
  • The Swarm - Esplen's children who are always running around, getting underfoot.
  • Boriquas - the dominant gang in Little Puerto Rico which includes a handful of stormers and the backing of someone with a lot of wealth and/or political clout.
  • Javier Gaspar - aka Big G, a local, corrupt alderman. He is often accused of being the hidden leader of the Boriquas, but they get more support than he should be able to muster.
  • El Pozo - aka The Well. A popular bar where Kelly and Carlo like to hang out.
  • LLantas y Mas - an old auto shop that used to be owned by Carlo's father. Now, Kelly and Carlo use it as a headquarters.

Last edited by Attitude; Feb 11th, 2021 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Character Sheet, such as it is.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 08:31 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Plenty of time left I’ll start my initial round of reviews for those who are ready tomorrow and do more as they roll in.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 09:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think I'm ready for review, added the character sheet to the profile. I also welcome any feedback from experienced M&M players, any glaring errors, etc.

There was also a discrepancy between the super speedster archetype and the superspeed power entry.

The speedster had Super-Speed: Enhanced Initiative 3, Quickness 10, Speed 16 (28 points)

Super-speed has each rank cost 3 points and grants 1 rank in Enhanced Initiative, Quickness, and speed. So enhanced initiative 10 quickness 10 speed 10 would be 30 points.

I went with the super-speed entry on this one. It said super-speed 10 would give you +40 initiative, but I think that's a typo and they mean +10. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2330
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Superspeed 10 gives you 10 ranks in Improved Initiative which is +4 per rank so +40 initiative is correct.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 10:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
Superspeed 10 gives you 10 ranks in Improved Initiative which is +4 per rank so +40 initiative is correct.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 10:31 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15792
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
You can totally buy 16 ranks of speed, 10 ranks of quickness and 3 improved initiative advantages. Each of those are purchasable on their own and can be bought in any ratio you desire. The "super speed linked effect" that raises all three of those equally is a little silly but its mostly meant to just make things easier, not be a hard rule.