Old Jan 19th, 2021, 10:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
You can totally buy 16 ranks of speed, 10 ranks of quickness and 3 improved initiative advantages. Each of those are purchasable on their own and can be bought in any ratio you desire. The "super speed linked effect" that raises all three of those equally is a little silly but its mostly meant to just make things easier, not be a hard rule.
Ah, I see. I thought all powers were restricted to the power level rank, but I see that only applies to powers with certain effects. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 03:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2330
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
My application for Agent Specter is ready for review minus the end of the writing sample.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31111
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Great ill take a look and as always thank you to the more experienced guys for helping out the newer players. I always love to see how open and welcoming the M&M community here is to everyone.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 06:04 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1520
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
@Avner: I know that Emerald City is published material, but will the players have the opportunity to build up places of interest? Specifically, I'd be looking to develop a "Little Puerto Rico" area. Shops, restaurants, gangs, old guys playing dominoes while the sun goes down, that sort of thing. Because of his buddy, it'd be a place where he would be spending a lot of his downtime.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 08:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
@Avner: I know that Emerald City is published material, but will the players have the opportunity to build up places of interest? Specifically, I'd be looking to develop a "Little Puerto Rico" area. Shops, restaurants, gangs, old guys playing dominoes while the sun goes down, that sort of thing. Because of his buddy, it'd be a place where he would be spending a lot of his downtime.
Hi Attitude! Iím looking at the setting as more of a launching point for us to make it into our own thing. As you might have gathered from the advert Iíve already made at least parts of it a bit darker than the typical setting. So if there isnít a place in the city that fits already we will make one. Let your creative juices flow and Iíll have fun making it all fit together.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 08:14 AM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1520
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Good to know. Thanks.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 10:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5169
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Hm, I've always wanted to try a supes game. M&M would be a new system for me, but I suppose I can find my way around it, if noobs with it are welcome. I would not be offended if they are not. But I've always wanted to explore the woes of a superperson, especially in a story driven game.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 11:17 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihinka View Post
Hm, I've always wanted to try a supes game. M&M would be a new system for me, but I suppose I can find my way around it, if noobs with it are welcome. I would not be offended if they are not. But I've always wanted to explore the woes of a superperson, especially in a story driven game.
New players are definitely welcome. I made a point to call it out in the advert as I think a big piece of keeping M&M games one RPGX is to constantly grow our community. You will also notice there are a ton of freindly and helpful folks who play M&M on here. So don't be shy and don't be afraid to ask questions. Also check out the D20hero SRD. The main reason I run 3e is that everything is there.

Last edited by Avner; Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 01:13 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15792
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Added a handful of complications, I think the character is done now.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 03:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Love seeing all the activity and applications. I haven't posted my app yet but I have most of the background written but I think I'm going to revise it a bit. I have been avoiding reading other apps so if there are similarities it is just from the same creative genius.

Last edited by Nightshade; Jan 21st, 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 03:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17281
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I have been going over my character's application and sheet quite a bit, getting familiar with it, and really liking what I have.
I usually never have more than two powers beyond an attack and a defense, so I'm liking what I have here.
That said, I've been really trying to wrap my head around Mimic and have a question.
Am I right in seeing that the amount of Power points that can be gained is the Mimic Rank x 5, meaning my character could gain 30 power points? If that's the case, then I may lower that a bit.
For example, I noticed Heavy Hitter's laser is 24 power points, so a 5 Rank would move than cover that. Even a 4 rank would be able to Mimic the whole of it. If... I'm right in how I'm reading it.
Comments, corrections, and assistance is appreciated.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:29 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
If I may comment here:

Quite often the 'mimic' concept plays with a "theme" of powers, not just single powers. It is entirely possible to "absorb" an opponents power suite, meaning, all related thematic powers, in a single swoop. Say you mimic FlameGuy's powers. He's got a flame blast, flame shield, flame flight, flame immunity, and perhaps even a flame sprite summon power. None of these powers would be too high in cost, and certainly would not be allowed to exceed the PL of the game, but you could conceivably divide your available Mimic pool points among many/all of these. Just because you have a large pool of points doesn't mean you have to use all of them (if you have points left over), and if you do run into an opponent with many powers, you will have enough points in the pool to copy as many as you can.

I would see it as a possibility for flexibility and opportunity.

But if your preference is for a smaller, more focused set of powers, that's fine, too. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash

Last edited by MrKinister; Jan 21st, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachen like you said you have Mimic rank x 5 to use to copy powers and depending on how you are designing the power you could absorb them against your 'bank' of powers. I think this is where you really need to take a look at how you want to have the character work throughout the game. For example do the absorb by touch and can they only have one set of powers at once, one specific power, one persons powers? Can they copy abilities or just power sets ect?

Taskmasker was a Mimic as much as Rogue but just in a different way so there are plenty paths to execusion on this and depending on which one you take you may want more or less points in your pool. I haven't dug into your character just yet as I want to make sure I have enough time to really do a deep dive with the mimic stuff but that is my first take on it.

Last edited by Avner; Jan 21st, 2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17281
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Drachen like you said you have Mimic rank x 5 to use to copy powers and depending on how you are designing the power you could absorb them against your 'bank' of powers. I think this is where you really need to take a look at how you want to have the character work throughout the game. For example do the absorb by touch and can they only have one set of powers at once, one specific power, one persons powers? Can they copy abilities or just power sets ect?

Taskmasker was a Mimic as much as Rogue but just in a different way so there are plenty paths to execusion on this and depending on which one you take you may want more or less points in your pool. I haven't dug into your character just yet as I want to make sure I have enough time to really do a deep dive with the mimic stuff but that is my first take on it.
Starting out, it's one subject at a time and touch only. I'll keep thinking about it and looking at it, but I may lower it so she can only mimic one trait or power at a time at whatever the cap PP is.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 05:39 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good and keep in mind you can use it on the bad guys too so there will be plenty of other options beyond what is on the other character builds