twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
I believe it's adventure path player guide for Wrath of the Righteous that clockwork was referring to.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3941
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Oh, there is a PDF for that here:
http://www.iiserver.com/chrismorgan/...er%20Guide.pdf

On when people "go mythic" it says:
Quote:
your character doesn’t begin
Wrath of the Righteous as a mythic character, but the
results of the first adventure will catapult your character
into this new realm of legendary power, setting her up
for even greater challenges that await in the next five
adventures of the campaign.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 17th, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
clockwork clockwork
Thank you, that's what I was looking for. Also which Mythic Paths are left?
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
You should presume that all mythic paths are open. By the time we reach mid feb there could be maybe 15-20 applications for this game and we will be competing with each other for the slots. Typically games here wind up turning away a majority of applicants unless the DM cuts the application process short by issuing approvals and closing slots early. It's all up to the DM and styles vary.

Ideally, Arjun should list who is competing for what slot here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...76#post9024276

Brian Zoland - Exposed to Awfulness => Guardian
Desidirius Farquhar - Touched by Divinity => Hierophant
Arianna Thistledawn - Stolen Fury => Champion
Dozar Theven - Child of the Crusade => Marshall

The ones lacking applicants are:

Chance Encounter Trickster
Riftwarden Orphan Archmage

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 17th, 2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Arjun -- would you use the Background Skills system?

(Grants 2 skill points for mostly non adventuring uses, which is handy especially if the game has downtime.)

Last edited by CatCanCook; Jan 17th, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
clockwork clockwork
@Arjun, are feats available at level 1? Edit: I read up on PF mechanics, so I know now.

Last edited by clockwork; Jan 17th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Frisky Thrall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4650
Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse
Yannik Obo Application
A Champion of the GodsThe circle was too perfect for human hands to have made it. Circular and precise and the altar stone was at the exact midpoint of the circle. A mix of blood and ground wheat had been smeared upon the altar, like a glistening cloth. Upon it lay Yannik Obo, firstborn of General Chief, Slavolnovitz Rapyun Obo. He was still a kid, only just removed from the milk-bulging tits of his Chieftain Queen mother and initiated into the doctrines of Hobgoblin strictures and warfare.

The mad humming and chanting from the winged, tailed, and horned cultists escalated further as a flash of fire circled the event and the arch-doomsayer held the curved blade above his head in triumph. They had stolen the firstborn of the marching army of General Rapyun and would now use the blood of the boy to further the demise of the greenskins that walked the military path against them. Cheers went up as he rose high on his hoofs and gathered strength. Red and yellow eyes flashed in power-hunger as he chanted the incantation of suffering, in a booming voice.

Then he brought the knife down in a powerful slash.

right-aligned image
The flash deafened and blinded everyone. Time stood still for a mere moment, a rift appeared, like a smooth cut in reality, glittery and lined with purple froth. It was in the few inches between the tip of the sacrificial knife and the young, tied hobgoblin. A set of golden hands reached out and as easy as anything, he snatched the boy out of the ropes and into the rift. Then it zipped close.

The blade smashed into the stone, breaking in the process, and throwing the arch-doomsayer to the ground.

Yannik found himself gently swaying in his younger sister’s cradle. It was years since he left the cradle, and with an effort, he squeezed himself out of it. Something golden had touched him and he could still feel the two golden marks of warmth on his forehead. He stumbled out of the tent, hoping that he could flee this time...

There was nothing, but old Craniyak Warshap, the army shaman and Right Hand to Yannik’s father. The older man seemed to be in trance, his milky-white eyes were distant, and he swayed gently in the thick smoke of the dying fire. Yannik searched the horizon for the rest of the camp, signs of life, but the heath was empty. In fact, it looked like trails of the army moving had disappeared or nature had overtaken it again.

"Ah. At last." Craniyak said in his hazy, dreamy voice. "You have been touched, I see. We have much to do. Sit by me, young Volnokai." Yannik stood frozen for a moment, taking in the words. Volnokai? The Champion? It was a legend. A myth. With trembling steps, Yannik Obo moved to the old shaman of his folk and sat beside him...

right-aligned image
Race: Hobgoblin (9RP)

Class: Unchained Barbarian

Traits: Stolen Fury (Champion), Other trait TBD

Drawback: Betrayed

Alignment: Yannik would have grown up as a hobgoblin with a neutral tendency, but due to the betrayal of his kin and, consequently, his near death, he has turned good.

Personality: Scarred by the history where his kin and partly blood-related betrayed him and not only tried to kill Yannik but also to lay waste to the entire allegiance that his family had worked for, Yannik is slow to trust and extremely cautious about whom he allows getting close. When the shell has been broken, Yannik is a wild and warm strategist with great ambitions, a solid trust in his own abilities, and a winning personality. He is, after all, the son of a leader and a queen of the hobgoblins.

Appearance: The hobgoblins of Nulyana are a rare breed. They do not have the green and brown skin colors as their brethren, but instead, their taint ranges from ashen white to a dark grey. Yannik’s mottled skin is in the latter of that range and stands in stark contrast to the two golden, glittery marks on his forehead. He has long dark cornrow braids over a high fade and keeps the rest of his body shaven. Shoulders and arms are tattooed in crimson and black with smoky curls and tribal symbols common to the Nulyana. He wears protective amulets of feathers, beads, and scrimshaw figures over simple leather and fur vests. Yannik values mobility and agility over protection and often finds more comfort in running to get heat instead of a warm and snuggly pelt to wrap himself in.

History: The army of General Chief, Slavolnovitz Rapyun Obo, was named Slanytjoy which liberally translated into the common tongue of Golarion meant ‘Bulwark’. It had been called for and erected as an immediate answer to ally against the demons and fiends. The allegiance had been made between the high shamans of the Nulyana tribes and emissaries from Mendev.

In this nomadic army, Yannik was born and spent the first few years of his life. He was a promising boy, which was also noted by his bastard-born half-brother; Raniyan Llodovitz, who wanted to succeed his father as the General Chief and had admitted that it was not an option as long as Yannik lived. As Raniyan mulled over dark and sinister thoughts, fiendish umbral scouts found him and planted seeds of power and greed in him. This ultimately led to a great betrayal where Raniyan - as a dream vessel - created the opening for demon cultists to enter the tent where Yannik slept and abduct him.

When Yannik returned from this, only by divine intervention, he began training in the ways of the Legendary, Demigod Champion of Volnokai, The Unbound. The Shatterer of Darkness, The Dancer of Destruction. It was Craniyak Warshap who mentored and guided him, a powerful shaman of the Nulyana tribes and one of the few remaining among those who created the allegiance between Slanytjoy and the forces against the Woldwound Incursion. It is years since the master has left Yannik’s side, but he speaks and guides him still, through dream fragments and spirit messengers.

Yannik seeks to rejoin the army he was destined for, but he knows that his training is far from over and that he must finish it before he can return.

Journey to the front
left-aligned image

The spinning pinnacle was a smattering of colors that threw off droplets of deep purple, pale yellow, and translucent amber as it spun. Reality seemed to twist and bend. Warped voices screamed and shrieked. It was a nightmare of sorts, boosted by the uncommon sensation of alcohol in his blood. A gruff voice cut through it, "Young Volnokai?!" the voice was known and real, while still part of the dream. It was as if the voice echoed from the spinning construction above. "Separate your senses. Focus."

Yannik lifted his arm, in the dream. It was monstrous and claw-like with yellow ooze dripping from it. He clicked with the scissor-like claw and took hold of the spinning rock and was ripped upwards and into immediate focus. The rock came to a straining halt, every sinew and muscle in his arm was bulging with the effort to hold back the spin. In the still stone, he saw the face of his mentor, Craniyak, grinning. "Well done, Volnokai. I shall be quick about it." the old man nodded in approval. Yannik felt that his claw-hand started to slip and said nothing, afraid that his focus would slip and he would lose the old man to the nightmare again. Craniyak continued, "Your remedy against the imp invasion in Varno has been noted and appreciated. You are growing in strength and conviction." Ever so slowly Yannik could feel the rock sliding from his grasp, the vision of Craniyak already flickering as he continued, "Now, I want you to seek the stepping stone for the Worldwound front. Go to Kenebras and meet..." the pinnacle ripped loose from his grip, spun one quarter around and the next corner of it hammered into Yannik, sending him wheeling backward, his claw already transforming back to the one he knew so well. He was easing out of the dream, thankful for it and grateful that he now knew at least where to go. What to do in Kenebras, when he got there, however, was still obscured.

Last edited by Norse; Jan 21st, 2021 at 08:42 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@Arjun -- would you use the Background Skills system?

(Grants 2 skill points for mostly non adventuring uses, which is handy especially if the game has downtime.)
Since there will be lots of downtime, yes, I suppose having Background Skill system is necessary.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Frisky Thrall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4650
Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse
@Arjuna - let me know if anything needs changing or clarifications, please.

Also, I would like to know if we should describe how our character turned up in the city of Kenabres or that happens as part of the AP?
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
clockwork clockwork
Name: Xiang Ye
Race: Dhampir (Ru-Shi)
Class: Druid
Stats:
  • Str:14
    Dex:16
    Con:14
    Int: 14
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 8
Traits:
(Add one)
Touched by Divinity/Hierophant

Drawback: Family Ties
Alignment: Neutral Good
History:
Childhood- Xiang Ye's early life wasn't the best, dhampirs are not known for being popular and Xiang was far from an exception. His poor social skills and the ostracization were a vicious cycle. His mother, Min was loving and would try to protect him from bullying but that she could only stop what she could see and find. Still, he had a good relationship with her and was able to find peace and joy in his faith in Shelyn, especially at her sacred sites and always carried her symbol. He met his first friend, a Tiefling named Hope Azrith, at the one of those sites. The two were always together whether playing, running errands, or just talking. Initially, he wanted to be a Cleric but as time passed, it became more and more apparent that was not to be, which disturbed him as Hope was rapidly improving in her Warpriest training. He was walking through the forest one day when he came across poachers. Personality:
At first glance, Xiang can seem like a stereotypical lone wolf type when he does want friends but people are hard. He can be blunt and shove his foot far enough in his mouth that it'd shock an acrobat all while trying to help. That's why he lets other people do the talking in diplomatic matters. However, if he offends, he apologizes and tries to improve the next chance he gets. He is a loyal, caring friend as well as a good listener and perceptive observer. Xiang also does not judge based on species, his biggest goal in life is to push the idea that even sentient races considered "born evil" have as much intrinsic value as anyone else and to prove anyone willing is capable of goodness. He is a proud Andoran and Shelynite and won't stand for insults toward either unless he absolutely has to and even in that case, would have to put in effort to not show how disgusted he is.

Appearance: Provide both picture and written description of your character.
Feat: Life Dominant Soul

WIP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xiang.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	89159  

Last edited by clockwork; Jan 24th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
@Arjuna - let me know if anything needs changing or clarifications, please.

Also, I would like to know if we should describe how our character turned up in the city of Kenabres or that happens as part of the AP?
Looks good so far. Also, describing how your character turned up in Kenabres isn't necessary, but can be a nice addition to your character's background. Whether you want to include it or not, I'm fine with it either way.

After all, the time when the adventure starts, the characters should already be in Kenabres.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Also, I've updated the list of applications as well as the intended mythic path for each of the characters.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 12:14 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Since there will be lots of downtime, yes, I suppose having Background Skill system is necessary.
Great, my character does need this 2 extra skill points.
Thank you.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
You're welcome.

Also, @Xildur, I did some calculations about the period between the First Mendevian Crusade and the current one (the fifth Crusade), and I found out that not even 100 years have passed between them, while you said that your character's family had been involved in the crusades for almost 200 years.. After all, the Worldwound happened shortly after Aroden's death, so it shouldn't be long time ago.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Oh, I must be mistype it.
I have already edited it to one hundred years ago.
Thank you for your reminding, Arjuna.

Last edited by Xildur; Jan 18th, 2021 at 09:29 AM.