RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2777
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
I would be interested in a game that revolves heavily around undead. The immediate plot that comes to mind is either escaping from a prison or being teleported to the center of an undead capital city by mistake, instead of the edge of town) and having to find an item/person to steal/destroy/save/assassinate and try to get out alive.

In the prison scenario, we would have no weapons or gear on us, but would have to find the confiscation room, or steal weapons from elsewhere. Arcane and Divine magic would be somehow locked down (maybe magical handcuffs?).

In the teleported scenario, we'd be fully armed but quickly beset upon by the town's guards/military.

In either scenario I would like to start a bit higher level (5+ maybe up to 8, but flexible with the group's decision). Party size of 4 min or 6 max.

I will look at recruiting a few friends, but I know most of them are already fairly busy, so this is an open invite to others that come across this.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5378
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
@Numen Wraith - We were thinking we were performing trading runs out of Waterdeep to make ends meet.
Sounds great. Alternatively, you could look at Darktow from Critical Role. Your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyaga View Post
Iím interested as well Numen Wraith. I like the concept and plan to
a) contact some fellows with a couple of concepts and,
Look forward to it.
Quote:
b) express interest in CO-DMing or just helping with material, ideas, maps or anything else you might like
I could definitely use help. Iíll contact you soon.

Quote:
One game Iíve always wanted to do is a Rogues Lore game involving big bads that canít be beaten instead requiring stealth, trickery and puzzles to succeed. 3D rooftop battling, in through the window action. 5e lends itself well to stealthy builds across classes so the party neednít all be Rogues. Thatís my wish list game
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCosoLoco View Post
You know, I really like the idea of this game, only I don't know who to involve in this... :/
I'll ask around.

Recently I've been playing a half-drow, ex-slave mercenary swordswoman and sorceress in a live campaign. I'd just reached a critical point in character development when the campaign crashed leaving me with the serious need to play her more...

@Niyaga: your concept sounds like something my character would work with. She's pretty stealthy.
Sounds like yíall might should talk.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14488
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyaga View Post
Iím interested as well Numen Wraith. I like the concept and plan to
a) contact some fellows with a couple of concepts and,
b) express interest in CO-DMing or just helping with material, ideas, maps or anything else you might like

One game Iíve always wanted to do is a Rogues Lore game involving big bads that canít be beaten instead requiring stealth, trickery and puzzles to succeed. 3D rooftop battling, in through the window action. 5e lends itself well to stealthy builds across classes so the party neednít all be Rogues. Thatís my wish list game
I'm in with Niyaga, and I believe TheDragonQueen is as well. The others are in the works and TBD.

Rogues game huh? I said yes to Niyaga before I read this part? Sheesh? Kidding, I'm kidding. Got some great minds on this one to work up a team, so can't wait to see what spills out.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:52 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Rogue-ing it up sounds fun.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:22 PM
More or Less Gorm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4245
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga

Last edited by Niyaga; 04-06-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 944
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
What other information would you need?
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
What other information would you need?
Iíd like to see the bullet points in the first post hashed out. If you have a team ready, I can make yíall a private thread to work things out in.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 944
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Yes, that would be handy. We have myself, Delafontaine, and Zangul so far.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Zangul Zangul
We so can do this
Old 04-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics

Thanks for all the interest, everyone!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:04 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Sampsa
Another new player here, hi! I would be interested in joining either the pirate or the rogue group, both sound fun to me.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3165
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Hi Numen Wraith,

I commend this amazing initiative! I just wish I had more friends to grab and jump into a game with you.
Maybe one day....
Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
I think the rogue game is full, but you can message the pirates or pair up and start your own.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:15 AM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4558
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
This is extraordinarily ambitious of you - do you have a maximum number of groups you're considering running for here? I've been getting in touch with some players from past games about possibly proposing something here, but you've already got two games forming up and I don't know how many you intend to take.

Is there any kind of application or selection process here? Are you going to field lots of game proposals and then run the ones that you like best, or is this first come, first served?
Old 04-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Sampsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryBeast View Post
This is extraordinarily ambitious of you - do you have a maximum number of groups you're considering running for here? I've been getting in touch with some players from past games about possibly proposing something here, but you've already got two games forming up and I don't know how many you intend to take.

Is there any kind of application or selection process here? Are you going to field lots of game proposals and then run the ones that you like best, or is this first come, first served?
Well, he did give the option to form a new group, so I guess that is a possibility. Do you feel like forming a group and have you got any ideas for the theme?