RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 1st, 2021, 03:04 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
The Safehouse

Hello everyone! This thread is for us players to talk about or around the game that we'll be playing together. I'll start us off with some introductions.

If you're not familiar with me, hi! I'm Muggins (she/they), and I've been on these forums on-and-off for quite a while now. I live in Australia, have studied social work, counseling, and psychology, and like to spend my time writing stories and roleplaying games. Maybe someday I'll get published, right? How hard could it be?

A follow-up: If this is your first time playing a Powered by the Apocalypse (PbtA) roleplaying game, then hey, thanks! It means a lot to me for you to try something new, and to trust me to guide you through the learning process. I find that the mechanics of PbtA games seamlessly integrate with storytelling, so I hope the rules will be as amenable to you as they are to me. And if you're already familiar with PbtA games or with Fellowship itself, then hey, you can join in with the teaching! We're all here to help each other out. When you've got the time, check out the [Character] and [Information] threads and plug in your stuff, alright?
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 06:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12123
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Hello. I am hafrogman. The site says I joined in 2017, but there have been a couple of breaks in there . I've never met a PbtA game in the wild, but I've tried out a couple here on RPGX. It has been a while, though. Each one feels just a little different, of course, and I've not played Fellowship before.

I have a couple of questions about the Guided Establishment.

1. For the individual questions, shall I answer them about Shadow Thingies (since we have a human to answer human questions)? I'm not supposed to be able to Command Lore about what I was, but I assume that's more of a 'during play' thing?

2. For the collective questions, do you want to keep the Establishment thread clean for answers and hash them out as a group here? Or should we discuss it all there?
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Heya, thanks for having me, and us! I'm surprised everyone was allowed to join, but all the happier too. I know the rejection can be pretty disappointing.

You can just call me DNP if you want. Or any other of the single nouns. I don't expect you to type the whole thing every time. This name was actually more of a joke. A long time ago in some forums far, far away, some people were discussing something or the other like most hated or most cliched characters, and someone had mentioned drow, and then people kept tacking more adjectives and descriptions onto that. It got pretty long I think. Well it's all kind of fuzzy to me, but I thought it was a random and somewhat humorous thing at the time.

Anyway! I never played a PbtA game before, but it looks interesting, and I'm looking forward to a system that emphasizes storytelling more. I'm hoping it will all be fun.

I do have a slight concern when it comes to the first session 0 question. When asking why we are our people's champion, I am just thinking, "Uh.. I'm a very young, homeless, penniless, orphan, and there's no way I would have done anything to warrant being called a champion yet..."

Anyone else thinking something like that? I'm not sure what to do. Maybe a heroic heart and potential to become a champion? I wouldn't say a gaggle of street rats are the real deals yet, though.

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Mar 1st, 2021 at 07:37 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:45 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
For the individual questions, shall I answer them about Shadow Thingies (since we have a human to answer human questions)? I'm not supposed to be able to Command Lore about what I was, but I assume that's more of a 'during play' thing?
What you can Command Lore about is what you have authorship over; in your case, as the Exile, you cover the Collectors along with any other kind of traitor to the Empire. The underbelly, or at least what you know of it. Sound good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
2. For the collective questions, do you want to keep the Establishment thread clean for answers and hash them out as a group here? Or should we discuss it all there?
I'd really like to have the discussion about those questions in that thread, so that we can refer to it easily later on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
I do have a slight concern when it comes to the first session 0 question. When asking why we are our people's champion, I am just thinking, "Uh.. I'm a very young, homeless, penniless, orphan, and there's no way I would have done anything to warrant being called a champion yet..."

Anyone else thinking something like that? I'm not sure what to do. Maybe a heroic heart and potential to become a champion? I wouldn't say a gaggle of street rats are the real deals yet, though.
Sorry! I wrote it up very late at night, and not all of what exists in the Fellowship core rulebook maps directly to book 3 (which is where the Rebellion and Empire come from). I've reworked that section accordingly, and it should read a lot nicer now!
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 04:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5495
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Hello from me too. The site says I joined in 2017 too. But I may have a hiatus or two between there and now. And I know it takes time to find games you can stick with, but so far I've been having poor luck on that front. I'm hoping to change that.

As for me, I'm from Bulgaria. I'm a language major. Italian to be more specific. But that's my third language, since I've been studying English from a young age. I've always loved literature and writing.

I haven't been in any PBtA games, but have always been a fan of the more narrative systems. So I hope we can make this work for all of us so we can have a blast.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 10:26 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5130
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Hey All,
I am excited for this game and look forward to making a fun and memorable story with all of you.
So, the site tells me that I joined in 2015 and I have more or less been continually active here that whole time. I have been in a number of PbtA games both here and in real life (heck, 3 of the 4 games I am currently in are PbtA), but the mechanics are simple enough that even for those entirely new to it that shouldn't make much of a difference. I really like the freedom that the rules light system provides, but also how all of the abilities are created to help drive the story forward. I also like that while the games allow for combat and violence if the situation goes that way, it isn't necessarily the focus of the game.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 12:34 PM
An Unimaginable Horror

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Hello~! My name is Strangemund (she/her), but you can call me Strange or Mundie! Dealer's choice on the nickname. I live in the States, where its been raining nonstop for the last month. I am legally blind, and unfortunately, haven't developed Daredevil powers yet. I like to cook. I like to write. I like video games. And of course, I love roleplaying, both PbP and real-life tabletop. I think I have done both for quite some time. Close to fifteen years, maybe? And I plan on doing both until the day I die, because it is a hell of a fun hobby!

I have never played a PtbA game before so I'll be looking for guidance amongst you lot. Thankfully, I do have an idea on how to make a character sheet! Mine is halfway done. I totally stole hafrogman's template. Sorry not sorry, my friend. But I am currently stuck on choosing my Orge second ability. I don't know if I want to take the power that lets me chuck way more party members, or take the ability that heals PCs that I formed a Bond with. It is a tough choice, and I am BAD at making decisions.

But yeah! I look forward to writing with everyone and for my fluffy gentle giant to make a bunch of friends!

Last edited by Strangemund; Mar 4th, 2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Heya! If you have a hard time choosing, it's good to ask what you think just fits the theme or the personality more. Since your ogre is described as quite gentle, maybe the healing one is better?
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 10:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9230
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Wow, I am soooo excitteed!

Street Rats of Ur was one of my first 5 games on the site, a very memorable game, and one that I always wanted to see to the end!

No spoilers from me, but I expect things will play out differently with this new system that I know nothing about anyways. xD
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 04:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sparkles' sheet is more or less complete. All that's left are the initial bonds, and to determine for the Loved One and Minion options among the other players. So, anyone, feel free to look up in her sheet what those two would do for your character and if there are any volunteers, I'm open for ideas and possible connections with regard to those. As well as the bonds.

Also, feel free to copy and use my fuggly table template, if you so desire, of course.

Last edited by ihinka; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 04:11 AM.
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 11:02 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5130
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
While I would love for Klatuu to get his hands on some dragon-made equipment, one of his agendas is the destruction of pretty and/or valuable things which seems to be a key focus of Sparkles' existence.
On the other hand, it might be interesting if it was the Orcs who took Sparkles in when she was at her lowest and have been trying to teach her the importance of function over form ever since (kind of an "Odd Couple" sort of situation).
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 11:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hm... I was gonna say something. And then my sister called and I lost my train of thought

But if the Loved One and Minion are not an option, there are still the bonds between the characters to consider.

I am also not sure how the characters would be, if in any way, split into groups. That might also influence these decisions and interpersonal connections between the characters.
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 11:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Muggins does specifically call out bonds as something will address later in the session 0 thread.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 10:06 PM
An Unimaginable Horror

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3390
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Alright! I finished my app for Bau! I took DNP's snazzy advice and doubled down on the healing aspect for my big boi.

I feel pretty proud of my choices. Even if the app asked me two choose things Bau hates unreasonably. I don't think that fluffy lad has a mean bone in his body. Wound up picking Fighting (because he's a bit of a coward) and Love (because he's fifteen and awkward and he doesn't know how to handle girls.) I also gave him A LIVE BEAR as a companion because it was an option and I took it and I have no regrets doing it. Especially since I found the perfect picture for the bear.

I'd draw it myself, but I just don't think I'd capture the same vibe.

Last edited by Strangemund; Mar 4th, 2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 10:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The Rebellion: We're a covert operation devoted to taking down the Empire from right under their noses.
Bau: I'm seven and a half feet tall. And I have a pet bear!