RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 28th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25391
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Way of the Wicked

Condemned to die, with no hope of escape,
Branderscar Prison is where your story ends.
TeaserGuilty. You are a lawbreaker - the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains before a magistrate and condemned you. They sent you to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a runic F. You are forsaken. You won't be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is only a holding pen. In three days - justice comes. In three days - everything ends.

What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only...

No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison. This is where your story ends.
PremiseWay of the Wicked is an Evil campaign written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, set in the island nation of Talingarde. The characters, beginning at first level, are a cast of criminals, all condemned for a crime they committed and imprisoned by an oppressively lawful government. They must work together to escape their prison and, if they survive, get revenge and become a Villain.

The campaign begins at level 1 and ends sometime after level 20. Players will be required to plan and assess, rather than charging headlong into danger every time. The adventure also includes long-term actions that may take in-game months, as well as an opportunity to command a number of minions and cohorts.

ApplicationCharacters will begin at level 1 with no possessions or equipment (this includes spellbooks, spellcasting materials, and spellcasting foci). We will use the 25 point buy method with the following house rule: everyone gains two more skill points per level.

Important:This is an evil campaign but I will not tolerate sexual violence or gratuitous nonsense. Chaotic characters are not welcome. First and foremost I am looking for writers who want to build an epic story and I am not looking for evil for evil's sake.

Application DetailsName: Jeffrey, Becky, Xantar, etc.
Race: All races in The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game are permitted. There are certain races that will be more difficult to play in this campaign. Extremely unusual or monstrous races are likely to be troublesome.
Class: All core, base, alternate classes are permitted except the Paladin and Gunslinger(No guns). A few classes will require some special consideration.
Alignment: Characters must be of the Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral, or Neutral Evil alignments. Lawful Evil preferred.
Background Trait: pick one background trait
Crime: Pick a crime from below.
RP Sample: Provide a RP sample relating to your crime. It can be the crime itself, the planning for the crime, or even your apprehension by the authorities. See the information on Talingarde below so you can integrate your RP into the world.
Personality: Your character is more than a rap sheet. What are they like? Keep this one brief.
All About Talingarde

Important Notes
Crime: Each character chooses one heinous crime that has earned them a place in Branderscar Prison, and grants a benefit. This list is not exhaustive. Feel free to come up with your own crime, punishment, and benefit, subject to my approval. There are only two real requirements – you got caught and you really did it.

You may have committed many crimes during your lifetime, but this is the crime that finally got you branded and condemned. Besides simply choosing a crime, you should also consider how the crime was done. Was this a well-planned criminal enterprise or a crime of passion? Did you do it alone or did you have accomplices? Was this the first time you did this crime or are you a repeat offender? How were you caught? Answering these questions will help flesh out your character’s background.

Players Guide: Guide

About me: I DM a bunch of games on site, 5E, PF2e, Cthulhu... even some Star Wars. However, I am still learning Pathfinder and as such I am running a vanilla campaign. I will not be using the Feat Tax system. I will not be doing spheres (Whatever that is?) However, together, we will all run a damn good game.

Post Rate: I'm looking for a slower game 1-2 posts a week. Things will move quicker sometimes, slower other times, and of course life happens.

Applications Open until:2/6/21

Applicants
PlayerCharacterRaceClassCrimeStatus
TheYell ArtogMonkey GoblinRoguePiracyComplete
SelfAwareNPCMycroft SterlingKitsuneVigilante Attempted Murder Complete
AnarkaCadi MoltovHumanBardSeditionComplete
Grouch MalurzogHalf-OrcSlayerKidnappingComplete
Arjuna322Glimessa LicternnHumanWizardGrave RobberyComplete
Disaster MasterPrincess RimonaHumanWizardFraudComplete
Novawurmson MogawgGoblinInquisitorArsonComplete
AvnerSeraphina KhalidHumanBardArsonComplete
taleteller50Lin'sa Dal'makaDrowAlchemistHigh TreasonComplete
Silent Rain VerityDhampirBloodragerMurderComplete
ChrystromMoriah ap RhysHumanWitchWitchcraftComplete
MoonzarBaltar KoradorHumanOracleSlave TradeComplete
Exhibit A GrigoriDhampirAntipaladinHeresyComplete
FunnyValentineDavidHuman AlchemistMurderComplete
YsoldeSatine De'mornayAssimarClericHeresyComplete
AnarkaCadi MoltovHumanBardSeditionComplete
EviltedziesKazimir VolkovHalf-orcBrawlerBlasphemyComplete
Tahril Juliet AmbersHumanCavalierSeditionComplete
SarcasticWaffle Tsadok Half-Orc Fighter Dueling Unto DeathComplete
dr kekyll Albrecht Tiefling Antipaladin Dueling Unto DeathComplete
Bluejack Barr Demarco Human Investigator MurderComplete
Fyre2387 Kivas Harill Drow Sorcerer Fraud Complete
Elanir Ten Human Monk Blasphemy PC Issue

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Feb 6th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
TheYell TheYell
right-aligned image

Name: Arthur Ogar

Race: Human

Class: Rogue -- Trapsmith

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Background Trait : Reactionary

Crime: Piracy

Personality: Born far away on Mediogalti Island, Arthur Ogar shipped out at the age of 11 onto the dhow Dark Heart of Osirion. He's been a brave, fierce and intelligent pirate who's risen to the rank of coxswain and commands a ship's boat on raiding parties.

Arthur speaks Common, some Goblin and likes to quote the Epigrams of Sra-Sloi in the original Draconic. He's intrigued by martial arts of the Far East and had a scroll of Snake Style postures he used to practice in his off hours.

Arthur is Neutral Evil in that he doesn't care about consequences to others, only to himself. He loves company and is devastated that all his shipmates are dead. He will be glad to join other adventurers especially if they're going to become comfortably rich.

Character Sheet

A Conversation in a Dark Prison Cell"Ah mate, you wouldn't have any tobacco would ye?"
"Cursed gaolers stripped us all. Me name's Art Ogar, of the Dark Heart of Osirion as was. Full five dozen hulls she wrecked in her career, afore the King's Fleet caught up to her. Wretched day! I be the last survivor, which was a huge joke to they, seeing as how I'll hang nonetheless."

"And you mate? Be any come for ye to free ye that would spare an old sea dog?
No?
Ah well, lackaday. As the dragons say, Sra Slosa Sbasistashisma .

If I had any tools, I'd be out these shackles and well away.
Oh well, Susasosishashesvoi.

I'll sleep now, mate."

Last edited by TheYell; Feb 5th, 2021 at 06:54 AM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 05:07 PM
58008 x 0 = 55378008

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1159
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
My Killer Application
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

MYCROFT STERLING
Kitsune Vigilante ArchetypeSerial Killer
LE/NE 37 yr old Male

CRIME: Attempted Murder
PUNISHMENT: Beheading

Extreme Justice
Since the adoption of Mitra and the rise of House Darius, worshippers of other Gods have been silently slaughtered in the shadows in stark contrast to the Shining One's purported ways of spreading truth and justice in "The Light". Descended from the deserts of Garond, his former family's legacy was once the clergy of Anubis as the Dogmen of the Dead, and lived as respectable apothecarans meant to help usher the living to the land lands beyond in peace. But war came upon them and the ultimately peaceful Kitsuni had been hunted down and sentenced to death for their blasphemies in Talengarde's silent crusade, save for a young boy who has escaped, swearing revenge against the new monarchy for all they have taken from him.

In the course of the next several years, that boy grew up to be handsome, proud and determined in his goal, having travelled his homelands to learn a thing or two about dealing death through hard trials and ordeals with the Setian Assassin Guild. As a still respected member of the Anubian order, the wise thing to do would have been to stay in Osirion, but the nightmares of his family crying out for justice kept him sternly on his path of vengeance. He would still continue his family legacy of ushering the living unto death, only now he would take a more hands on approach.

He returned back west to Talingarde under the mantle of a respectable spice trader, using forged documents and guild contacts to make connections within Matheryn, costing him his family fortune and Anubian Title in the process; dead weight as far as he was concerned for a God that did not lift a finger during his family's slaughter. Since coming back, he has kept busy as both Lord Erin Allbright, wealthy businessman and socialite, as well as through his activities of the fearful Jackal, a monster that has been growing in notoriety and is spoken of in fearful whispers among the corrupted elites. It is a fine balance of being respectable gentry and serial killer, but Lord Erin had operated years undetected and would have easily maintained the ruse, had it not been for the astute investigations of the Royal Inquisitor.

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Jan 30th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 07:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell
When you say the crime "replaces our character background" that means we have the crime and the benefit from the crime, and no character traits/drawbacks? I've drawn the character sheet that way.

I like the crimes setup by the way, it was hard to pick just one.

Last edited by TheYell; Jan 28th, 2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Showing interest. Will post an app soon.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
When you say the crime "replaces our character background" that means we have the crime and the benefit from the crime, and no character traits/drawbacks? I've drawn the character sheet that way.

I like the crimes setup by the way, it was hard to pick just one.
Yes, your crime counts as your trait. I added the players guide to the advertisement. I might have missed something
EDIT: Please pick one background trait and a Crime.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Jan 28th, 2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 11:38 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Anarka Anarka
Basic Info
right-aligned image
Name: Cadi Moltov
Class: Bard (Provocateur)
Alignment: Neutral
Background Trait: Free Spirit
Crime: Sedition.

The StrikeCadi looked at the group with a smile. 200 assembled along the edge of the manor field. This is insane, she thought to herself, this might actually work.

Jodie stood next to her, she had been one of the biggest help in organizing the demonstration and Cadi knew her well enough to see the anxiety painted on her face, on the edge of turning into panic. Cadi placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. It's all of us versus them, and there are a hell of a lot more of us. We're going to win this.

I mean, you're not wrong, but what if we've miscalculated? What if they don't cave into our demands? Jodie paused for a moment and looked off into the crowd wistfully, What if it gets violent? This isn't an army, there's maybe a dozen or two fighters among us. It won't be a battle, it won't be some glorious revolution...it'll just be a massacre.

They won't. They can't. Cadi tried to sound as confident as she could, but her voice faltered. They could. They might. The sound of approaching horse hooves meant the moment of truth was upon them. The crowd fell silent, Jodie stood slightly behind Cadi, who stepped out in front to be liaison as was agreed.

What's this about? Why aren't you going about the harvest? Lord Dreamor demanded, flanked by a dozen armed guards, the symbol of Mitra emblazoned on their armor. He was a petty Baron, some far removed Cousin of King Markadian V, though the small size of the farm meant that it was largely ignored in internal Heartland politics. Their tithes were so small as to be hardly noticed.

The deal isn't just Dreamor. We're fed up and we're not working until you agree to give us a fair shake. We do all the damned work and you take eighty percent of the harvest? No more. Everyone takes an equal share, minus the tithe, you included. Cadi tried her hardest to sound assertive and in command, but it was a monumental challenge. She could see it painted all over his face, it would have been a hard sell from anyone, let alone the diminutive woman barking the demand. These boys spend all godsdamned season arguing about who has the biggest manhood, and yet when it actually comes time to show they've got the berries to match, nobody is interested in showing off.

She thought about Jodie behind her. She wanted to reach back, grab her hand, seek base creature comfort in her hug but Dreamor would only see it as weakness--a weakness in violation of the precious 'natural order'--and it was clear their only chance was a show of strength.

A deep laugh erupted from Lord Dreamor's belly, And who are you, little girl, to demand such a change to the natural order of things? You dare question the wisdom of Mitra? You're speaking blasphemy of The Fallen.

Not me Dreamor, all of us. It's our demand. We're in this together. And I know you think of us as illiterate subspecies, but we've read the texts. Ain't nothing in there about your lordship or this raw deal.

Dreamor took a long time to respond, his eyes narrowed and his breath slow and steady, I see all of you have fallen under the sway of this Fallen Deciever. She has lied to you, lead you astray. I am merciful, stand down now, return to work, and only she will suffer the punishment of this sedition in Branderscar Prison. Anyone else who doesn't will perish on the spot.

The air hung heavy in the silence after Dreamor finished. Cadi felt the world spinning around her as she tried to steady herself. All she could think about was Jodie. Leave me dammit. Please, by all that is holy, abandon me. She heard the shuffle of footsteps as a half-dozen of the crowd broke, and then another. Several painful moment later their force of two-hundred had been reduced to the fifty strongest believers. Cadi took a step back, trying to whisper something to Jodie, to beg her to leave. Jodie put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed with only a few whispered words, Till the end.

Cadi wanted to vomit, in moments the world had fallen apart around her. They weren't even doing anything wrong dammit, they were standing up for themselves. Demanding to be treated like equals wasn't a crime worthy of death. And then, with three words from Dreamor, it all exploded, Kill the rest.

Cadi wasn't a fighter, she was good with words, good at inspiring others, but violence was a new world to her. She grabbed Jodie's hand and turned to try and run, but the chaotically dispersing crowd made that nearly impossible. Then Jodie tripped and Cadi's heart froze. Her entire body felt cold, and she whipped around to face the charging guards. She couldn't do anything about the heavily armored thugs, But a horse.

Dreamor was too cheap for trained warhorses, these were workhorses that were barely trained to be ridden, let alone charged into a crowd of people. Cadi shouted at the top of her lungs and charged back at the leading horse. It reared and bucked back, sending its rider into the mud hard. The panic spread from horse to horse, having earned them a brief reprieve. She turned to pull Jodie up and they ran. The crops nearest the edge of the field provided poor cover to hide from their pursuers. They ran towards the wheat field, it was probably better cover than the trellises in the vineyard. It didn't end up mattering, she felt a stone slam into the back of her knee which made her stumble, and another stone sent Jodie to the ground once more. No, please no, spare her.

Cadi turned to face their pursuers and she ate another stone from their slings. She moved away from Jodie, keeping eye contact with the advancing guards hoping they'd tunnelvision on her long enough for Jodie to escape. There's not a sworn brother amongst you cruel bastards. You're just thugs hiding behind a holy symbol you know nothing about, she tried to sound as intimidating as she could, but being at least a head smaller than even the smallest amongst her assailants made that a nearly impossible. And yet they at least appeared to take the bait, turning to focus on her. Cadi had a very brief moment of hope, that was quickly crushed by the last of the group turning to the injured Jodie. She couldn't take her eyes off Jodie as the guardsman raised his sword, and delivered a fatal blow. Cadi stood there, stunned, broken. And then nothing, as a blow to the temple brought darkness upon her.

BrandedCadi was a wreck the first few days traveling to Branderscar. The chaotic torrent of emotions overwhelmed her, and she went from fits of sobbing mourning to vengeful fury and back from moment to moment. She was confused. Confused at the injustice of it all. There was no way they had been in the wrong, except by the letter of the law. That was all they cared about, this storm of unjust chaos was their Order. Specific decrees made by the same people who benefit from them. By the time she made it to Branderscar, she was hollow. Empty. Except a small ember. She nursed that ember as they lead her in chains through the halls of Branderscar. She felt like a broken bottle of booze, spilling out over the cold stone floor, dousing everything around her. She dipped the ember in, and felt reborn in the flame consuming her from the inside out. She had just wanted to help. She had wanted to be a positive force in the world.

Now she just wanted it all to burn. By the time the guards took her symbol of Mitra, she didn't care. Mitra had made it clear to her whose side they were on, a message penned in blood.

She wanted Dreamor to know the pain he had caused her. They had offered him more than he deserved. Cadi had first suggested that they only offer Dreamor an even share if he worked. Jodie had talked her out of that, in part because it seemed an easier sell, but also because she felt bad for Dreamor. That had always been her best quality, she seemed infinitely capable of empathy even for those Cadi wasn't sure deserved it. Though now she was certain he hadn't deserved it, and she swore to herself she would not make Dreamor's death easy if she ever got off of this gods forsaken rock. Jodie had been her anchor, had kept her most primal instincts bound and under control. Now Jodie was gone, and there was no one to stop her from waging bloody war against those who had so damned them. Nothing to stop her except these walls.

By the time she heard the sizzle of the brand, she was ready. Or at least she thought. She took a breath right as the brand was pressed into her skin, which proved to be a mistake. She ended up biting down hard, and blood filled her mouth as she bit off a small nib of flesh from the tip of her tongue. She almost drowned in her own blood as they pushed the brand deeper into her side, forcing her to try and scream but instead she began choking.

She was barely conscious by the time she was dropped into her cell, but as she came to, she began looking for a way out.

Last edited by Anarka; Feb 6th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 03:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5314
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Darn you, Begon Ugo. I told myself I reached my limit, and then you go and drop WOTW with a good posting rate for me.

App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: "Snaps" (real name Malurzog)
Race: Half Orc
Class: Slayer (Bounty Hunter)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background Trait: Child of the Streets (Social).
Crime: Kidnapping.

RP Sample:
The prison cart rattles loudly as it heads down the cobblestone roads, shaking Snaps back and forth inside as he leaves the magisterial offices. Flexing his wrists against the manacles on his wrists, try as he might he cannot break them nor loosen the metal loop bolted to the floor where they have been shackled to. Sighing in frustration, he pounds his thighs in anger then leans his head back against the side of the cart, closing his eyes. How did such a simple job go so wrong? It was a job like he had done several times before, perhaps even easier than before, but those times he never a problem, never even a wrinkle. And now here he is, off to Brandescar Prison to wait for the headsman.

Opening his eyes, he leans forward at the waist and crosses his arms on his knees. Nobody saw him, he convinced himself. The drunken lout had scuttled off to a side alley for a quick relief before heading back to his ales, and Snaps had made sure no one was around before he coshed the man on the back of the head. The man was bound, gagged, and thrown in a burlap sack in record time. From there it was the simple matter of putting him in the boat that he had stolen earlier singularly for this purpose. The boat, Snaps muses. The boat was the cause of all this trouble. How was he to know that its owner had to plug the boat underneath the seat before, and that being a slight man his weight did not affect the plug when he sat upon it. However, Snaps reminds himself, when he himself sat there, it inadvertently cracked the plug. He had barely made it halfway through the Cambrian Bay before he realized how much water they were taking in. Try as he might, he could not stop it, and knew right then and there the two of them were going to be stranded in the water. With the new moon overhead, Snaps realized this was going to be a death sentence.

Regrettably, he had decided to abandon the boat and the fellow inside, voiding his contract with the men on the ship he was rowing out to meet, and swam back to shore with the tides using the oar to help him float. He curses himself for removing the sack from the man so he would be able to see the world one last time before his death. That too, Snaps calculates, is where the trouble lies. Somehow the man survived. How in the name of the gods he did it is a mystery, but survive he did. And once the man returned to the safety of the shore by whatever means he was able to do so, soon Snaps saw parchments containing drawings of his face placed all other Matharyn. It was only a matter of time before the guard flushed him out and arrested him for kidnapping. He never did learn the name of his target, though based off of what information he currently knows, the man is related by blood to King Markadian V himself. That explains all the trouble then, he supposes.

As the cart continues on its trek towards Brandescar Prison, Snaps feels his anger and frustration fade. Well, at least it won't be a long stay here at Brandescar. He imagines the headsman has regular work at such a place, and estimates he will be executed within the next few moons. He fortifies his resolve and reminds himself that he was no coward - when the time came, he would face his death with courage and steel in his spine. A proper attitude for any orc facing the end of their life, even a half-breed such as him. Leaning his head back against the wall in an attempt to gaze out the tiny window of the prison cart, Snaps sighs. The ride feels long, but he realizes all too quickly how short the ride really is...

Personality:
Like most professional enforcers, Snaps has a strict code that he sticks to. The transaction itself is only discussed between himself and the client, with his loyalty and ability to hold his tongue a given. Certainly he rubs elbows with low lives who have no sense of honor, but in his profession integrity and honor are a must. Snaps prefers to administer a vigorous beating to his targets, perhaps smashing a bit of their personal possessions as well, before he passes important messages along to them or collects what is owed his client. His nickname was earned from his propensity for breaking the fingers of embezzling merchants and gamblers late on their payments. Snaps genuinely dislikes killing people as it brings trouble with the law, but if he has no other option he will get blood on his hands without hesitation. The same applies for his bounties - he generally tries to take them alive unless they give him too much trouble, in which case a corpse pays almost as well as a live one. A rather cunning and persistent individual, prior to his incarceration Snaps was known as a man who would get things done where others could not, or would not.

Last edited by Grouchy; Jan 30th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 03:45 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Graverobbing Mystic
right-aligned image
Name: Glimessa Licternn

Class: Wizard (necromancy)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Background Trait: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.Focused Mind

Crime: Grave Robbery

RP Sample:

Personality: Glimessa is a curious person. She loves learning and figuring out new things. This is the sign of a quintessential wizard; studious and hungry for knowledge. But if there is one thing that she desires the most, it is the secret behind life and death, as well as undeath. She was first curious about why necromancy is considered a school of magic that is frowned upon by many, but after doing a lot of learning and researching, she was overwhelmed by desire to study this brand of magic.

Due to her desire to learn more about necromancy and the difficulty to actually learn about it at the university, Glimessa dropped out of Lodetower University of Wizardry, one of the prestigious learning institutions in Talingarde. Despite her desire to study undeath, she is not actively malicious, though she certainly doesn't respect the dead, willingly desecrating any tomb to get herself some fresh cadavers to be studied on. Her fascination towards death and undeath even leads her to set up a goal to eventually become an undead herself. She hopes that by keeping up with her research, she will eventually figure out the way to finally shed her mortality and join the ranks of the damned.

Her obsession also has warped her worldview. Despite knowing that dying may result her being unable to continue her research to become undead, she is somehow ambivalent towards the prospect of her dying. This kind of mindset also makes her unsympathetic and thoughtless about other people's lives, where she doesn't even hesitate to kill other people or cause other people's deaths, whether directly or indirectly, if it can help her reach her goal. Otherwise, she doesn't really seek out to harm others, and can be quite a pleasant company to talk to, especially when it comes to the subject of necromancy or undeath.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 29th, 2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 04:45 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11755
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Rimona | Character Application

Application
right-aligned image
Rimona (click to enlarge)
Name: Rimona, Princess of House Barca

Class: Wizard (Enchantress)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Background Trait: Student of Philosophy

Crime: Fraud

Roleplay Sample: More than once, Rimona had longed back to her time at the Ghastenhall Mage School. How carefree her life had been back then. She hadn't worried about anything and invested all her energy in the study of the arcane. Her foster parents, who by the way had never spoken of how she had come to them as a small child, had always made sure that she lacked for nothing. However, since she had passed her diploma with distinction, she had to stand on her own two feet.

To implement her long-term plan, which she always took time to refine, she had to recruit loyal minions, collect politically explosive information, and study magic in-depth in the most remote libraries and temples. Although Rimona had all the time in the world - if she did not overthrow Markadian V, then just Bellinda I - all these projects cost money, nevertheless. They cost a lot of money that Rimona didn't have.

With her magic skills, she could have earned well in an honest way, certainly and with a little patience. But she felt now that it was beneath an immortal's dignity to work for others. The pact with hell had already corrupted her soul, so the subtle difference between honestly and dishonestly earned money did not seem to matter anymore.

She had specialized in the arts of enchantment magic early on, so it was not difficult for her to "shop" at various places while the respective buyers "forgot" to charge her for the goods. But even without magic, she was able to win people over, and within a short time, she had useful contacts in fence circles, who sold the goods for her if they were not spell-scrolls that she wanted for her own. Slowly but steadily, her fortune swelled.

At some point, however, Rimona had grown tired of these petty scams. She planned something big. Besides, she felt that Asmodeus was demanding such a thing of her. It had to her attention that the High Cardinal of the Church, Vitallian of Estyllis, searched for relics of the very greats of church history for the High Spring Mass in honor of Mitra. He then wanted to consecrate these relics with great pomp at the mass and solemnly transfer them to the Great Temple's sacristy.

"So the cardinal's lackeys took the bait," Rimona said with satisfaction to the two middlemen she had hired. The three of them sat in a separate side room of the Four Jolly Bargemen. The innkeeper would never have guessed in his life that the pretty friendly girl who had ordered the room from him was a criminal planning a big scam. "Tomorrow, we will get the down payment, half of the negotiated amount. After that, you will give them the relic," the magician, who still looked as if she were sixteen, went on.

"Where exactly did you find the glowing hand of Saint Vurguzz?" asked Joe, one of her two agents. Rimona smiled at him with slight disdain. "I don't know why you need to know that so badly. After all, even the cardinal's people were satisfied with the certificate of authenticity. Maybe there are more artifacts at my source. I wouldn't want to tempt you and give you the wrong idea that you could do the next deal without me at all."

In truth, of course, she could give him no answer at all. The whole relic was a fake. She had used quite a bit of money to get all the scrolls with the spells she had used to craft the hand. She had had the certificate of authenticity made by a known forger who had fallen for her charms. Regrettably, he had fallen victim to an accident shortly after that.

Even though she had spent so many resources on the forgeries, Rimona was delighted. She believed that her "relic" was immune to the usual spells of divination. And the cardinal's people would pay so much money that she would get out her stakes several times. A minor flaw in her plan was only the two middlemen she had hired. She had made it her scam never to make an appearance herself. Every world knew her only being the nice, obedient girl who had to get along alone without her parents. No one knew that she was pulling strings in the background. The downside was that it needed confidants. However, it was still better than being in the direct line of fire herself.

But better is not necessarily good enough. Rimona had to learn this when the police force of Talingarde somehow managed to track her down after a ritual involving the "Shining Hand of Saint Vurguzz" as an essential component went disastrously wrong. To be precise, the rabble-rousers faced her twice. The first time they thought they had fallen victim to a mix-up, this Rimona could not possibly be the wanted criminal. But the second time, they were sure.

"Girl, girl," one shook his head sadly. "You're much too young and pretty for that sort of thing. Branderscar Prison will be hard on you." For a moment, Rimona considered resisting arrest by casting a spell. But then she would have been finally guilty in the eyes of the state power. No, I will try to play the innocent, she thought to herself.

When she was later brought to court and accused of fraudulent deception, Rimona had to chuckle to herself at first, despite her situation. If the judge knew that I had a pact with Asmodeus' forces, he too would consider that little bit of deceit unimportant. However, Rimona's smile froze instantly when the court announced her sentence: life-long hard labor in the salt mines. For an immortal, this was worse than any death sentence of any kind.

Personality: Rimona is intelligent, vain, calculating, and charming. She has always been the best in class and would like it to stay this way. Grown-up with caring foster parents, she could have even become a nice girl, hadn't she had a life-changing contact with an agent of Asmodeus during a magical ritual during her studies at the wizard school of Ghastenhall.

She learned that she is, in fact, the last rightful heir to the throne of Talingarde if only the traitors of House Darius hadn't overthrown the House of Barca. Asmodeus had planted a seed in her mind that quickly grew. If she is the rightful queen, she must reclaim the throne once she is powerful enough.

Rimona doubled her efforts in the courses on magic, but she began to fear that she would be too old when she has amassed enough power to challenge the Darius dynasty. This time, she contacted the herald of Asmodeus deliberately. The Lord of the Nine Hells readily proposed a pact. He would make her immortal and stop her aging so that she would have all the time in the world to pursue her plans, but her soul would belong to him should her life nevertheless end due to external forces. During her inquires on ways to buy her more time, Rimona had read about the possibility of lichdom in an ancient tome. Asmodeus promised the same but with eternal preservation of the beauty of her body.

Rimona signed the deal, and everything was good for a while. She could ease into her long-term goal. But discontent on the devilish agreement was growing on her. She has taken the path of the wizard to become independent and autonomous. But now, she is at the mercy of the Lord of the Nine Hells. What favors will he expect from her? What is it worth to become the immortal queen of Talingarde if you are a devil's thrall? And so, Rimona has set herself a second goal, which is slowly overshading her original one: She needs to find a magical formula to preserve youth on her own, whatever the cost!

Last edited by Disaster Master; Feb 5th, 2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell
How many will make up the eventual party?
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 07:21 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
How many will make up the eventual party?
I'm looking for a standard party of five.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5314
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
If Andirnil is a bit too borderline, I have another idea I can run with. Three wizards applications so far.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 08:39 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
If Andirnil is a bit too borderline, I have another idea I can run with. Three wizards applications so far.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr kekyll View Post
how do you feel about drawbacks?
I will not be using drawbacks.