RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 26th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18725
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
The viking grins as Amleth steps up and binds his wounds. Amleth takes time to clean him up a bit. The other viking looks Kahvi in the eye,All your kind take slaves, this we have always known. Children in particular, it is said you like the softness of their flesh. Amleth looks at the viking, then turns to Kahvi, speaking in elven, ~He speaks the truth, both of them believe what they are saying. I think someone lied to them and in the stories of their people, fairies and such are often seen as evil and stealing human children and replacing them with their own. The mage is thoroughly evil, we should burn him and the woman. Not because she is evil though, but because she has been changed against her will. She is, the mage is forcing her changes, turning her into something horrific, like a gargoyle or gremlin. Eberius would probably know more, Erica may too. This mage needs burning Kahvi.
The first viking waits until Amleth is done talking before answering Kahvi's question, Duke Leonard promises land, good fertile soil for our oaths. It is a fair deal.
The woman breaks into a sob and falls over crying in the dirt. The mage looks at her, then for the first time, looks at Kahvi, I can help you. I know far more than any of these fools. I can help you, if you help me.
Old Nov 26th, 2019, 09:03 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10942
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
"Oh for Shevarash sake," Kahvi says. "You speak of the Unseelie. I am not Unseelie. Oh nevermind, most humans can not distinguish between Fey and Elves."

[Elven] "That is no reason to kill her," she says to Amleth. "There might be a way to help her. That is if she wants help. Bind the other one's wound, but stay away from the mage and the woman."

"You were lied to. He has no intention of giving you those things. You are nothing more than expendable pieces," she says. She was about to say something more when the woman breaks down crying and the mage speaks.

She looks at him, "Why would I help you?"

It was apparent she did not like the mage. When she was speaking to the Vikings, she spoke to them with respect.
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
The two vikings look at each other, their expressions curious and confused by what Kahvi said about the Unseelie and the difference between Fey and Elves. It is obvious to her these two men don't realize their is a difference. The mage is another story. She hears a soft giggling sound from him, They are fools, no worse than fools, they are ignorant humans, they know so little, where I know so much. You would help me so that I can help you. I know something of those who hunt you, what they seek, what they fear, how they plan to trap you, pry your mind and make you theirs. It is not your death they seek. It is your servitude, willing or unwilling. I do believe they prefer unwilling, they enjoy that more. They like it when their victims struggle. For starters, I can tell about this raid, why they hired us to attack these particular elves and take their children. They did it to have hostages, a bargaining tool to keep the elves from aiding you. Not that these elves know anything of these matters. Taking their children was meant to be a lesson, showing them you can't protect them and to others who might think of helping you. It is quite delicious don't you think? Turning your own against you?
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
Kahvi listens to the mage as he talks as if he was superior to everyone else.

"This is what he thinks of you," she says to the Vikings. "That he is more important than you are. He feels I should help him because his life is more valuable. This is what you gave your oath too. People that only care about themselves.”

A red fletched arrow appears in her hand. When she had pulled it from the quiver was anyone’s guess as she twirled it between her fingers. She then looked at the woman.

“What do you think of all this,” she asked her. “This man experiments on you against your will. Changing you that your life grows shorter and shorter with each unwilling change.”

Last edited by Tigra; Nov 29th, 2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 08:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kahvi catches a glimpse of Damilon standing twenty feet away. He is watching, but not. He is focused on the mage, staring intently at him. Just behind Damilon is Tybalt, guarding his friend. Amleth shakes her head, ~Kahvi, they are telling the truth, as they know it.I think they have been lied to as well. I doubt this is Duke Leonard's work. He is a duke, why would he even talk with such as these? They are not nobles and this is a simple raid, not, this all seems out of joint. I think we kill mage, see what we can do with the others.

The first viking spits at the mage,He has a sallow heart, an oathbreaker, not worth a dog's breath. He is not one of us, not part of our band. He came with the others, the priest of Odin, who you killed, and the half-ogres. He chanted their armor before we attacked. Kill him nd be done with his evil. Kill us as you wish, it is your right, but we will not break our oaths until they are fulfilled. Herleif Boar's hand is our lord, it is to him we are oathbound and to him and the Gods we honor our oaths. The viking settles down, lowering his head and resting. His friend nestles next to him, laying his head on the other's shoulder. The mage snickers to himself and is about to say something when Kahvi addresses the woman. At first she says nothing, doesn't even look at Kahvi. Amleth kneels next to her, rubbing her shoulders and brushing her hair. The woman starts crying again and buries her head in Amleth's neck. She will not talk until I give her leave, You will get nothing from her without giving something to me,says the mage, his voice sounding loathsome and triumphant. Kahvi feels like cold grease covers her skin every time he talks and suddenly realizes without Amleth's protective spell, he may have already harmed her.
A snap of fingers catches her attention. Damilon is looking at her now and making the sign of a slit throat, he pauses for a moment then signs "Nadru," to her and smiles.
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 09:58 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
The mage did not know what was about to happen to him as he thought he had the upper hand. Kahvi could feel the evil that he was and glance over at Damilon when she heard the snap. Her head nodded ever so slightly that is was not noticeable to most.

"Yes ... yes," she says to the mage. "Since you wish for something ... something you shall receive." She just smiled at him, which was not a good sign. "Nadru," she called as she made a strange jester with her hand and pointed to the mage. It was drow silent language, the one jester she picked up rather quickly having seen it so many times ... the sign to kill.

She then turned her attention back to the two Vikings as she walked over to them and sat down in front of them.

"What are you called," she asked the two.

Last edited by Tigra; Dec 1st, 2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 04:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Nadru has gone invisible, not something he had done before in Kahvi's presence. As she sat down in front of the two vikings, she could hear his legs clacking together, making a cricket like sound as Nadru moved towards the mage. The mage heard it, and frowned, his eyes darting about, looking for the sound. Nadru was coming from behind, the cricket noises coming from in front of the mage, distracting and misdirecting. Something else she hadn't known he could do.
Both vikings look up at her, then at each other before looking back at her. The first viking says, Agdi, Berl's son of Skane, I am called. The second viking says, I am Hroi, Kennar's Bane of Svartland. Agdi continues looking at Kahvi, despite his plight, he is sizing her up, trying to figure her out. Kahvi sees no fear in Agdi. Hroi is nervous, but not necessarily afraid. This day has not been what he expected.
The mage lets out a sickening screech that turns into grunts and gurgles. Nadru has bitten him in the back of the neck, paralyzing him. The drider is now revealed, shocking the two vikings. Agdi sets his jaw, defiantly waiting if that is his fate. Hroi looks away, then buries his face in the sand. Agdi reaches out to comfort him, never taking his eyes off of Nadru. Nadru's dark skin gleams in the sun. Kahvi has gotten so used to Nadru, she forgets how horrific he looks, half man, half spider. His appearance had definitely shaken the vikings.
Nadru stops and lifts his head and Eberius appears next to the drider, touching his shoulder,Nadru, do not yet take his life. We need him, we need his blood to help the woman. Eberius looks to Kahvi, his face taut with anger and his eyes soft and hurt seeming. It is the first time Kahvi has ever seen such emotion from him, Kahvi, I don't know how to help her any other way. We need his blood and his life. A life for a life, if I have any chance of helping the woman, curing her from the cursed enchantments that afflict her. Trust me Kahvi, if I knew another way, if I had another choice, trust me, I would take it.
The Drider is now sucking blood from the mage, making soft mewling noises come from the mage. Eberius walks up
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
"Greetings to you Agdi, Berl's son of Skane and Hroi, Kennar's Bane of Svartland," Kahvi says pronouncing their names perfectly as she gives the two an elven greeting. "I am called Kahvi. I wish that our meeting could have been under better circumstances, but sometimes the gods have other ideas."

She was about to say more but falls quite as Nadru bites the mage. A slight tear forms as it runs down the side of her cheek. She did not like taking a life as all life was precious. She did not even look at what was going on as she focused on the two Vikings. She held up her hand for Nadru to stop as she hears Eberius.

"Do not look at me that way Eberius," she says knowing the look he was giving her even though she was not looking at him. "I did not ask for this." She was silent a moment as he continued speaking. "Do what you need to do to help her Eberius. His voice and sight are dangerous, so be sure you silence those someway."

There was a pain in her voice, the pain of having to decide the fate of the mage. Something she did not want to do but had too and probably the only one who would shed a tear for him, even if he was a vile creature. She did not care if she was seen as weak. She had seen and been through much and was not going to let the darkness take hold of her. She had seen what it had done to Kree and was not going to go down that path.

"I apologize if Nadru's appearance shocked you," she says to Agdi and Hroi, as she continues to sit before them. "It does take a bit of getting used too." She gives them a moment before continuing on. "Jarl Herleif how do you feel about him," she asked and then holds up her hand for them to wait. "I do not want to hear of his praise. I want to hear your true feeling about him. I want to know what kind of Jarl he is. Is he one who hungers for power or one who truly cares for his people."

Ru plops down next to Kahvi as he rests his head in her lap. She absentmindedly pets him as she waits for Agdi and Hroi's response.
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Agdi and Hroi look at each other when Kahvi introduces herself. She can tell by their reactions, they have heard of her. Both of them now look at her differently. Agdi smiles, strangely happy, You are Kahviva Moonshade, Friend of the "Little Fire," who fought with Iron Helm against the Sky Giants and calmed the ragged Seas, "Little Fire," who rescued the Wave Dancer from the "Shelled Tower," and later fought at Chalon with Thorvald the Lame and our Jarl Herleif Longspear? If that is so, then it is a better day than thought. We too fought at Chalon, alongside our Spear brothers, aided you and the "Little Fire," in ridding the Mad Priests and sending them to Hel's fine hall. Herleif Longspear fights against Vre Uddricson and his scions of darkness. They are oathbreakers, ormstunga, svinasugandi. We have no trade with them. Agdi pauses, catching his breath, as he does so, Damilon walks up to Kahvi, a crooked smile and a gleam in his eye. He whispers to her, I read the mage's mind. The mage serves those who aid Uddricson. These men speak some truth, Jarl Herleif is Uddricson's enemy, and they did fight at our side in Chalon but that doesn't necessarily make him our friend. These two and I am sure others among them, have been used. Once again our enemy has cunningly used good men to do ill work. Oh, "Little Fire," is what the vikings call Jamie. I don't know about the insults, but they didn't sound complimentary.
When Damilon finishes, Hroi has lifted his head from the sand and watched Eberius and Nadru, fascinated and repulsed by them. He turned to Kahvi, Jarl Herleif is a ring giver and bane feller. Longspear gained his name slaying Cold Drakes along the Shield Wall, feeding the Ravens and enriching his people.
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
"I am Kahvi Moonshade and yes the one you call Little Fire is my friend," Kahvi says. She thinks back to Chalon and can not remember who all was there. At the time her only concerns were for her and her companions not to get killed. She listens to what Damilon says and nods and when Hroi speaks, she lets out a soft sigh.

"I am afraid you were cleverly used by your enemy. That mage serves those who do Vre Uddricson bidding," she begins. "As for Duke Leonard, everything out of his mouth is a lie. He is never going to give your people the lands he promised. He is just using you and when you are no longer useful to him, he will get rid of every single one of you and you already know what will become of your women and children." She falls silent a moment thinking what a mess this is. "Duke Leonard is not what he seems."

At that moment she was not sure what to do with them. She had already decided long before she fully talked to them, she was not going to kill them. She slowly began to stand up, suddenly feeling drained. "I am not going to kill you," she says. "I really do not know what to do with the two of you. For now, I will allow you to gather your dead clansmen and give them funeral rights. Sadly they will be buried on foreign soil instead of their land of birth. The land will remember always." She squats down touching the ground, then brings her hand up as if she was grasping something from the earth and then lifts it to the sky and opens it, as if releasing something. "I must tend to the children now."

Last edited by Tigra; Dec 5th, 2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Agdi and Hroi both take in a deep breath, anger suffusing their features as they both spit out the name,Uddricson! Vre Uddricson is a serpent slithering among men. He and the Arlingson all, not fit for mortal men. They traffic with beasts and the unclean kin of trolls. Hroi is still grinding his teeth when Agdi calms down,Are there any others among us who survived? Are the ships burned? If not, we can take you upriver. We would gladly do so, a boon for a boon, though yours is far larger than any we could give in return.

Kahvi and Amleth walk over to where the children have been gathered. She sees twenty three of them gathered under a large sheet of canvas. They are all shocked and stunned into calmness from recent events. Several smile when they see her, recognizing she is elven, like them, surely she will not treat them as roughly as the men had. Drogo is watching them, washing their arms and necks and faces. They children don't seem to afraid of him. Drogo looks up from where he is kneeling,Hey Kahvi, Amleth, most of them are unhurt, mostly scared and dirty. Two have some hard scrapes and one has a broken foot. They are over there against the tree. Everyone else seems okay. I am still checking them over. Ricula has gone up to the Keep. She is trying to convince them she is friendly and not here to rape and pillage them.
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 03:01 AM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
Agdi and Hroi"I do not know about others or the ships," Kahvi replies. She glances over at Damilon, "Were there any others? What of the ships?"

Elven Children[Elven] "Greetings little ones," she says as she gives them the elven greetings. "You are all safe now. My name is Kahvi Moonshade. This is Amleth," as she motions to Amleth. "You have already meet Drogo," as she motions to him. "Are all of you from the same clan?"

Drogo
She nods and looks to Amleth, "Amleth can you take a look at them. I have a healing potion and scroll if we can use to heal them." She then chuckles, "With Rica's temper, she will be there awhile."

Last edited by Tigra; Dec 7th, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 03:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Agdi and HroiDamilon looks back at the river, smoke trails skyward, We are burning the orcish dead. We set fire to two ships, the third is waiting. Should we hold off? Some of the foe ran south, down the road, about six or seven. Edric is hunting them now. Should I call him back?

Kahvi sits with the children. They gather in a circle around Kahvi and Amleth and Ru. Ru is particularly good with them. He brings a calming presence to the children and he plays with them, batting them gently and letting them play with his tail and whiskers. Ru is behaving quite well, better than normal. Soon, they start singing songs and a few dance, showing Kahvi their burgeoning skills. Many of them know of her, a few tell tales of Kahvi when she was young. Kahvi finds out a few of these children grew up in the same area she did. They know the same swimming holes, same climbing trees, same orchards she and Ricula ran through as girls. About half of them know how to shoot bows.
Kahvi hears a whistle, it is Ricula, coming down from the Keep. Kahvi realizes the day is passing. She and Amleth have been with the children for almost two hours.
Kahvi glances up, sees Ricula walking with her sword out, shield now slung across her back. Two elven women walk with her. Kahvi can tell they are having a rather animated conversation, the elves talking and Ricula listening. Ricula walks with such a regal gait and carries herself, always, with such pride and possession. The two elves are speaking respectfully to her, like she is a queen. When the children see the two elves, they all stand up and start running towards them. In that moment, Kahvi recognizes one of the women. Jeymian she was called, "of the gentle hands," for she could calm the most frightened of people or beasts and she was skilled at helping people who were hurt or scared. She was a decade younger than Kahvi. Kahvi didn't recognize the other woman. She was sylvan, slim and taller than most elves, like all of her people. Kahvi! Ricula shouts out, and waves, beckoning Kahvi to come to them, without the children. Kahvi! We have friends here. It it has turned to a far better day than expected.
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
Agdi and Hroi
"Yes, hold off on the third. It may come in handy," Kahvi replies. She pondered the question a moment wondering what she should do. She had no idea who exactly they were. They could be part of Agdi and Hroi clan or those who came with the mage. "Have Edric try and heard them back this way. If he can not, then let them go. I do not want him too far from us where we can not aid him if he runs into trouble."

Children
Kahvi just smiles as she listens to them. Soon they were back to being children and that was what they needed. It was strange hearing the children talk about her as if she was some sort of myth. She was not sure she would ever get used to that at all. She did not mind the laps in time. It was nice for a chance to have forgotten about all that was going on and just play with the children.

She stands up when she see Rica and the two elven women, as the children swarm them. After a bit, she gets the children's attention.

[Elven] "All right little ones," she says with a smirk. "Drogo needs your help. He can not seem to braid his own hair, so why do you not help him out with that."

"Yes and an unusual one as well," she replies to Rica as she makes her way over to them.

[Elven] "Greetings Jeymian," as she greets the woman. "Many moons have passed since we last saw one another. I am glad you are well."

She turns to the other woman, "Greetings. I am Kahvi Moonsade and this is Ru."

Old Dec 9th, 2019, 01:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kahvi's words for Edric are passed on and Didier nods at Kahvi, before heading down that way to help Edric herd the men back.

Ru purrs excitedly at seeing Jeymian, his tail is swishing and he is making small, squeaky noises. Ru can't wait to greet the druidess. He has never met her, but he likes her smell. The other woman not so much. Jeymian raises her hands in greeting, The moon is not all that has grown since our last parting. It is good to see you. I have heard so much, I just wonder how much is true? Jeymian laughs at that. Still smiling, Kahvi Moonshade, this is Alulial Brownhue. Jeymian seems impatient and then says, Sorry Kahvi to leap into this so soon after so long. I am here trying to free the Wyverns. Alulial, she has been helping me free the Wyverns. Which hopefully, has little to do with what has happened here. The only connection is the mage, the Nevorian. At least that is what I have heard others call him and his kin. The mage with the bone white or yellowed aged look of old wood. These elves were attacked. Set up actually by the Prince Bishop of Liege. They came seeking refuge in the Kingdom of Lorraine and he sent them on this road rather than into the safety of the Kingdom. Most of the men have been taken, not killed. The enemy used that as an illusion. This is not the first time I have heard of this happening. I have no confirmation yet, but I am told the enemy, whoever they are, has been taking elven males for breeding purposes. Jeymian twists her face with disgust when she says that, They have also been hunting elves, looking for the "Moon Carrier," or "Moon Bringer," something like that. I have yet to get a decent translation. The Wyverns, there are seventeen of them that were bound through magic and now serve the Nevorian mages as steeds, scouts, and for terror. I am here freeing them, so they can return home to the Fens and Fjords of the North where they were taken. I have freed four already. I want to free the rest. There are five stabled in the city of Reckem, just up the road from here. Alulial and I were trying to figure out how to free them when this attack caught our attention. Thankfully you arrived when you did, otherwise Alulial and I may not have had as good a day as it has turned. Meeting Lady Ricula was a boon, and now seeing you, a gift to treasure.