Game Thread Shadows Over the Plains - Chapter 1: The Swamp - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Haryn: Where Gods Tread
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 08-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 5238
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,609
The Leopard
left-aligned image
The Leopard accepted first the rope from Dain, measuring the slack he was given for when they moved out of sight. Second, he accepted the blessing from Melisende. Third, the nod from Lunn.

Every second they spent in the tower was folly and with her words, Vy wanted to compound it by accompanying the warriors into danger. He looked at Lunn, downcast beneath his mask, then to Melisende. She was the Phaedashyn's companion; surely she could see how bad an idea it was. He assumed that she also knew what the Leopard was beginning to learn; arguing with the young woman in blue was next to useless.

They could spend another hour arguing with the insatiable wizard or he could make the process as painless as possible. He begun a second incantation, this one more involved than the first. When it ended, he tapped Vy on the shoulder and she blinked out of existence. Even her glowing twig was gone, though the light still shown eerily from it. "Stay behind them and to the shadows."

This last piece of preparation completed, he turned to Bran and Dain, set his feet, and gave a nod in the affirmative. He was ready.
Stat Block
 

 

Last edited by Nasrith; 08-25-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-25-2018, 01:12 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 6152
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 1,998
Dain Bladewalker
left-aligned image
Dain hesitates a moment at the cleric's offer of a blessing. The spell she had cast earlier had been specific to achieve a pressing goal. Before that it was healing, which seemed innocuous enough. But residing under the aegis of one of the Wardhyr deities? What would this goddess say if she knew her spells were being used in such a fashion? Would she smite down the blasphemers? Or would she seek to spread more and more of her power over the Waroc, like an infectious disease?

But one day he may indeed face these humans across the field of battle, and at that point, knowing their capabilities and tactics will be important. He slowly nods, giving his consent, but watches Melisende with an uncomfortable intensity as she weaves her goddess's blessing upon the group, listening to the words she says, memorizing the gestures she makes, and noting her reliance on the symbol she wore.

When the spell is done, Dain isn't sure exactly what has occurred. He doesn't feel very different, but there is an uncomfortable tingle across the back of his neck, like someone is watching him. Or is that just his own paranoia?

He watches Liam cast his spell upon Vythica and frowns to himself a little as she disappears from view. He casts his mind back to the destruction she wrought upon the fish-men, and tries not to imagine flames bursting out of thin air to decimate the Waroc. He grips his blade tighter and cracks his neck, trying to shake off these feelings and thoughts.

"Lets be about it then."
OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-25-2018, 02:49 PM
DarkPaladin's Avatar
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2019
RPXP: 2550
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Posts: 1,928
He's BaaaaaackWith their preparations complete, Bran and Dain began to finish the exploration of the numerous doors leading from the central room of the ruins, Vythica shadowing them, herself invisible but the glow from her twig spreading out so that Bran could use both his hands to navigate the doors while holding a sword at the ready. The trio investigated as quickly as possible so as to benefit from Melisende's short blessing. While this trio investigated, the other three stood at the ready in the center of the room, keeping watch.

The first door was so rotten it barely was able to swing on its hinges, and inside is a simple closet with old rotten leather capes and cloaks hanging within. A quick search of these garments reveals 7 gold pieces, 3 silver pieces, and five copper pieces, all of Elven mint.

The next two doors were in front of a section of the floor that had cracked, resulting in knee deep water. The trio of investigators found the two wooden doors were damped, as if soaked with water. The water had caused the door to swell shut. Bran and Dain thought they may be able to force the door open, but Vythica cautioned that if the door was swollen, a great deal of water may await on the other side.
right-aligned image

Deciding to leave the two swollen doors alone, or at least delay their examination momentarily, the trio moved on. The penultimate door revealed a stone stairwell leading into the roof of the tower above. The stone was slick with moss, mold, and mud, and curved out of sight, as well as into the water below. One could ascend, but who knew how sound the stone structure was.

With one final door remaining, the trio decided to finish exploring this level before making a decision about the next step. Bran closed his hand on the final door, slowly pulling the door open. The trio was greeted by a thunderous hisssss as the head of the great snake poked through the non-existent floor, a clutch of eggs in the corner. Three smaller snakes of similar size slithered from the water and towards the invaders.

OOC
 
__________________
We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
Pillaging in Saga of the Jomsvikings, surviving the trap of Krakole Pass, and Weaving the Epic Saga of Haryn
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 5238
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,609
The Leopard
left-aligned image
The Leopard held his position, rope in both hands as Bran, Dain, and Vythica checked the rest of the rooms. His heart was thump-thumping so loudly that it was a miracle the snakes couldn't sense his presence. One last door and then we're clear. Perhaps the goblin was wr...

He recognized the hiss of the great snake before the others. They had found its nest, just as Lunn feared they would. Just as Liam feared... The Leopard jammed Liam's consciousness deep down. There was no time for lament, only action. The masked warrior tossed the rope to Melisende. "Catch!"

He fell into another spell second the rope left his hands. "Let flame guide your blades," he enchanted, sweeping his hand out wide and Faerie Firecausing an eruption of harmless flames in the pit of snakes.

Spell cast and free of the rope, the Leopard dashed towards the eighth door. The bare outline of a plan, daring enough for any theater of Ehrilon, was forming in his mind. Here though, the outcome mattered. "I have a plan," he called over his shoulders to the others. "We just need to make it up the stairs!"

Stat Block
 

 

Last edited by Nasrith; 08-25-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-25-2018, 04:48 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 6152
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 1,998
Dain Bladewalker
left-aligned image
Dain feels the bottom of his stomach fall out as he hears the telltale hiss coming from the final room. No weapons were here, only watery death. He briefly entertains the idea of leading the Stone Walkers here to pit them against the snake, but in reality he knows there is only one path forward.

Even as the Leopard throws more magic into the room from behind, Dain grabs the door from Bran's hand and closes it in the face of the snakes. He holds it shut there, looking over his shoulder at the others. "Drop the rope. Go."
OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-25-2018, 04:59 PM
DarkPaladin's Avatar
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2019
RPXP: 2550
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Posts: 1,928
He's BaaaaaackDain slams his shoulders square against the door and braces his feet. The door shudders as something enormous rams into it with powerful force, but to the surprise of all, not only does the wood hold firm, but watch as Dain's legs, anchored to the stone floor, bulge and tense, but hold fast against the tremendous Dain (with Adv) defeated the huge snake in a strength check and kept the door tightly sealed.weight.

A multitude of hissing sounds can be heard, but the snakes seem to be too big to make it through the door. Unfortunately, the group hears and sees the water ripple under their feet as the monstrous snake has dived beneath the tower. With several open doors and other open stairwells leading down into the tower, the great snake has a multitude of options to emerge, should it see fit--but for now, no enemies can be seen.

Liam has already reached the stairs, a length of rope dangling behind him. Despite the moss and age, the steps remain stable and in good condition. Liam makes it halfway up the tower and sees that it opens to the dome like roof via a small unrusted metallic ladder, but cannot see what awaits them on the roof of the tower. Vythica remains invisible, while Bran and Dain remain tied to each other's waists via a strand of rope.

OOC
 
__________________
We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
Pillaging in Saga of the Jomsvikings, surviving the trap of Krakole Pass, and Weaving the Epic Saga of Haryn
I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by DarkPaladin; 08-25-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-25-2018, 05:23 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 10144
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 4,252
Melisende
left-aligned image
Melisende's heart skipped a beat as she heard the hiss of the snake. This was a mistake, she thought fearfully, we should have just left! Still, there was no time to worry about that now.

She caught the rope tossed to her, a bit perplexed. Was she supposed to haul everyone in? She was even more confused when the Leopard began running up the stairs. "Where are you going?" she called out. "Let's get out of this temple! The snake's lair isn't below us, it's the entire structure!"

Actions & Rolls
 


Stat Block
 

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 5238
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,609
The Leopard
left-aligned image
Despite the moss covering the stairs, the Leopard was able to make his way up without issue. He heard the slam of the door from below, as if the two parties could pretend they never saw each other. If only.

As he rounded the bend and began to set his sights on the ladder that led further upward, Melisende's words reached him. One hand on the wall to steady himself, he turned to look over his shoulder. "The entire structure? No. The snake's lair is the entire swamp."

Stat Block
 

 

Last edited by Nasrith; 08-25-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:04 PM
ByronBulb's Avatar
ByronBulb ByronBulb is offline
dilige et quod vis fac
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-24-2018
RPXP: 8103
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Posts: 5,074
Lunn Bonerattle
right-aligned image
Cursing viciously under his breath, Lunn moved to the bottom of the stairs.

It was exactly as he had feared, worse even, no creature the size of the one below them would take such a lair without intent to raise young. It was simply the way of things. Finding a clutch of eggs, or hatchlings would have been bad enough, and what coiled and hissed on the opposite side of the closed portal were no hatchlings. He called to Dain. "Get away from the door. The mother's gone below. She's far and away the most dangerous of them, and will be enraged so long as you're near her young."

With any luck the great serpent would return to protect her nest once she reached the ground floor. If she spent time being sure of their safety it might give the intruders the chance to make the escape they already should have. Lunn moved aside so that the Wardhyr could pass by him, refusing to retreat until Dain did likewise. He had abandoned Garan at the half-blood's behest the night before. He would not do the same to the Bladewalker now.

OOC
 

 
__________________
GM: The Last Journey.
Status: Catching up.
everybody equal always
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:31 PM
JReid's Avatar
JReid JReid is offline
Rise from the Ashes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Posts: 1,009
Iovyth
right-aligned image
Vythica felt like a poltergeist stalking behind the two burly fellows as they searched the tower rooms. There didn’t seem to be anything of value. As time went by, her heart sank a little, praying that they would at least find something.

Well, they certainly did, behind the last door. Mr. Snake…or was it Mrs. Snake? No matter. It was huge!

Vythica’s mouth dropped, a surprised squeak croaking from her throat at seeing the giant beast coming at them. If not for Mister Dain, slamming the door in the Snake’s face, they might have been swallowed right then and there! Covering her mouth in pure terror, to muffle what else might betray her location. The dank chamber had become a death trap! They needed to find a more advantageous position, and quickly! She could hear Mel’s warning, but Mister Leopard seemed to be thinking the same thing—or not, who knows what he was thinking! Seeing how he was alone, Vy unconsciously followed him toward the stairwell leading to the roof. Presently they're like witless ducks in this watery chamber…if they must fight the ravenous beast, then they should make a stand on solid ground! She remained at the bottom of the stair, just inside the door, however, to stay within range of Dain and Bran. Should the beast emerge from below, Vy would unleash her full power upon it—though every fiber in her being wished to flee to higher ground.


Action
Movement: move to room with roof stairwell, hiding behind the wall beside doorway (in case anything slithers by)
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Current effects: Mage Armor (AC 15), Invisibility


Stat BlockIovyth Tor'Valeon | Phaedashyn Evoker | Level 3
HP: 20/20 | AC: 12 (15) | Saves: Int (+5) Wis (+3) | Speed: 30ft
Stats: STR 8 (-1) DEX 14 (+2) CON 14 (+2) INT 17 (+3) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Waroc, Elvish
Relevant Equipment:Burnt Spellbook, light crossbow (1d8+4) , dagger
Slots: L1: 2/4 L2: 1/2 | Spell Bonus: +5 | Spell Save DC: 13
Feats: [1]Arcanist: Increases Int by 1, gain proficiency in Arcana skill, or doubles your proficiency modifier if you already have it, and gives you prestidigitation and detect magic spells. Can cast Detect Magic once without a spell slot per long rest. Arcanist, Prepared Spells (6): Burning Hands 1 action, Self (15ft cone) Instant, 1st lvl evocation Each creature in a 15-foot cone must make a Dexterity save. A creature takes 3d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a success. The fire ignites any flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried. At Higher Levels: The damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.Burning Hands, Mage Armor 1 action, touch Duration: 8hrs / 1st lvl spell Touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor. The Target’s base AC becomes 13+ its Dex mod. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.Mage Armor, Chromatic Orb 1 action, 90ft Instant, 1st lvl Evocation Make a ranged spell attack against a creature you can see. You choose the damage type: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder. If the attack hits, the creature takes 3d8 damage of the type you chose. At Higher Levels: The damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.Chromatic Orb, Grease 1 action. 60 ft Duration: 1 min, 1st lvl conjuration Grease covers the ground in a 10-foot square within range. It's difficult terrain for the duration. When the grease appears, each creature standing in its area must pass a Dexterity save or fall prone. A creature that enters the area or ends its turn there must also make this save.Grease,Mirror Image 1 action, self Duration: 1 min, 2nd lvl illusion spell • Three illusions of yourself appear in your space. You can use your action to dismiss the duplicates. • Each time a creature targets you with an attack during the spell's duration, roll a d20 to see if the attack targets one of the duplicates. If you have three duplicates, you must roll a 6 or higher for the attack to target a duplicate. With two duplicates, it's an 8 or higher. With one duplicate, it's an 11 or higher. • A duplicate's AC is 10 + your Dexterity modifier. A duplicate is destroyed by an attack that hits it. It ignores all other damage and effects. The spell ends when all three duplicates are destroyed. • A creature is unaffected if it can't see, if it relies on senses other than sight, or if it can see through illusions. Mirror Image. Expeditious Retreat. 1 bonus action. Self, Conc. Up to 10 min
When you cast this spell, and as a bonus action on your turns, you can take the Dash action
“Expeditious Retreat”

Last edited by JReid; 08-25-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 08-26-2018, 04:58 AM
Anthrueser's Avatar
Anthrueser Anthrueser is offline
Illithid Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2019
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
Posts: 975
Bran Marreman
right-aligned image
Hisssss. As soon as the door was opened fear flashed across Bran's face. He readied his sword then but before he could act Dain slammed the door closed, bracing his legs and back against what would surely come next.

Whuump! Whup, whup! The great snakes impacted against the door like a hail of arrows, but to Bran's surprise both the ancient door and Dain held. Against the continued impacts of the snakes, the Waroc yelled out in both exertion and command that they need to go. Bran knew he was right. This was a foe they had no business fighting.

Chasing the calls of the Leopard, Bran made his way to the door up and placed a hand on the frame, but as he did Bran felt a light tug at his midsection. 'The rope, are they not..?' Looking back he saw the Waroc still at the door. Dain was still trying to hold the snakes back. Giving one more glance to those escaping, Bran set his teeth and took a step back. He would not leave the two behind.

"Dain, Lunn! Move! Before the serpent blocks your retreat!" Bearing his sword, watching the openings around him with both fear and resolve, Bran stood before the doorway and called to them.
Mechanics
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 08-26-2018, 10:17 AM
DarkPaladin's Avatar
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2019
RPXP: 2550
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Posts: 1,928
OOC
Dain and Liam are up, then the snake.

@Lunn you still have your DM inspiration point to spend

@Vythica - You are invisible, and the snakes have only a limited blindsense so do not know your location.

PlayerACHPInitLocation
Liam the Leopard17 22/222315 feet up the stairs to the tower.
Dain Bladewalker17 31/3120Braced against door to room
Bran Marreman17 28/2818Near entrance to the stairwell--15 foot rope is taut.
Melisende16 21/216Large tower room
Lunn Bonerattle1835/435Standing near Dain
Vythica Vance15 20/203Behind wall leading up stairs to the tower

Current Encounter - Monsters
MonsterACHPLocationCondition
Huge Snake12]7/??Underneath the towerFaerie Fire
Snake 1120/??Behind the closed door 
Snake 2120/??Behind the closed doorFaerie Fire
Snake 3120/??Behind the closed doorFaerie Fire
[/SPOILERBUTTON]
__________________
We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
Pillaging in Saga of the Jomsvikings, surviving the trap of Krakole Pass, and Weaving the Epic Saga of Haryn
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 08-26-2018, 11:34 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 6152
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 1,998
Dain Bladewalker
left-aligned image
Nobody is as surprised as Dain himself as he holds the door against the giant snake's slam. Still, even as the pressure fades, he keeps the door shut lest the young push through. He spins around, leaving his back against the door while he reels in the slack end of the rope in one hand. He glances around the room for the others. Three gone, three remain. He nods solemnly to Lunn, understanding his thoughts. "Go. We follow." Then he turns to Bran and starts a count for them to move together. "Three... two..."
OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 08-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Nasrith's Avatar
Nasrith Nasrith is offline
Creature of the Deep
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-01-2020
RPXP: 5238
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Posts: 5,609
The Leopard
left-aligned image
There wasn't time to see who else was following. One hand tracing a line in the wall, the Leopard bounded up the stairs. He hit the ladder at a run. Some small part of his mind noticed the lack of rust. Thank Darwyth for elven craftsmanship.

Moving as quickly as he could without losing his balance, Liam continued to ascend the tower.
Stat Block
 

 

Last edited by Nasrith; 08-26-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 08-28-2018, 11:29 AM
DarkPaladin's Avatar
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2019
RPXP: 2550
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Posts: 1,928
The Tower's ZenithThe Leopard's quick feet found the solid rungs of the ladder and vaulted to the top level of the tower. The great domed ceiling curved some thirty feet overhead, with a single jagged crevice leaving a sliver of the roof open to the element. Over time the swamp had claimed the tower as its own, a carpet of mold and algae crawling over the parapets, the supporting columns, and the floor of the tower. Squat pillars were spaced every two feet and seemed to be structurally sound. If one had a way to descend from the tower, one could climb between the pillars and down to the swamp floor.

Curiously, all but the central portion of the tower's ceiling. There, in the middle of the circular tower was a bronze colored, metallic ornate pedestal seeming untarnished by age or elements. Five intertwining scaled legs combined to form a pedestal at the top made of curved claws, as if waiting for some round object to be set atop, but nothing was there. In a perfect fifteen foot circle around the pedestal no plant life, vines, mold, or other creepers approached. The stone was as equally untouched by age as the pedestal itself.



From behind the wall of the stairway, Vythica peered out as Bran stood in the doorway, the rope around his waist pulled tight. Melisende stood in the center of the room, while the two Waroc were out of sight.

The floor rumbled and cracked in several places as the massive beast pushed through the water towards one of the open stairwells, it's great body coiling as it slithered up out of the water and into the central chamber. It's great head swerved right and left as the forked tongue, as large as any of the adventurers felt the air for the intruders. Sensing a familiar foe it lurched out at Lunn, the giant snake's head shot forward, it's jaws opened wide revealing the grat fangs within. The pink muscles of its throat quaked and shivered as it moved, ready to swallow its prey whole.

But the goblin was low to the ground, its legs coiled tight like twin snakes. Just as the snake's mouth sought to clamp down on the would-be-morsel, Lunn released his strength and sprung into the air off one foot. He planted his other foot against the wet, scaly hide of his attacker and pushed backwards, re-directing his momentum into a spiraling corkscrew away from the attacking monster. Lunn spun through the air as the great jaws slammed shut. as the snake pulled back, it raised its head up high and watch as Lunn landed softly on his feet. The beady eyes watched the four intruders with a calculating gaze. As it swayed back and forth it sparkled and shimmered from the flame of the Leopard's spell.

OOCSorry for the delay, had to pull an all nighter at work for an emergency hearing before a court.

The snake is in the middle of the room, 10 feet from Lunn and Bran, 15 feet from Dain and Melisende, and 20 feet (and behind cover) from Vythica.

Lunn, Melisende, Vythica, and Bran are up.

@Lunn you still have your DM inspiration point to spend

@Vythica - You are still invisible, and the snakes have only a limited blindsense so do not know your location.

PlayerACHPInitLocation
Liam the Leopard17 22/2223Tower roof
Dain Bladewalker17 31/3120Braced against door to room
Bran Marreman17 28/2818Near entrance to the stairwell--15 foot rope is taut.
Melisende16 21/216Large tower room
Lunn Bonerattle1835/435Standing near Dain
Vythica Vance15 20/203Behind wall leading up stairs to the tower

Current Encounter - Monsters
MonsterACHPLocationCondition
Huge Snake12]7/??Center of Large Tower RoomFaerie Fire
Snake 1120/??Behind the closed door 
Snake 2120/??Behind the closed doorFaerie Fire
Snake 3120/??Behind the closed doorFaerie Fire
[/SPOILERBUTTON]
__________________
We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
Pillaging in Saga of the Jomsvikings, surviving the trap of Krakole Pass, and Weaving the Epic Saga of Haryn
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB