DnD35e Checking Interest for "Dufades New Recruits" - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Anwar
Checking Interest for "Dufades New Recruits"

The street was quiet as you all walked down it. Just a gang of friends out late some might think, others would be more suspicious and would think that you were out for trouble and in a way they were correct. You had all been drafted up and introduced to each other by Dufades, he was now your new employer, a man of much wealth and importance, a man of honour and inspiration to many, a nobleman, a merchant, a property owner, a government official, in short a powerful man. He had explained to you that he had many enemies of many types and races, in his ascension to power he had upset many and they had each, in turn and together, brought misfortune and suffering to him. He had recruited all of those who had shown interest, namely all of you, to fight for him and destroy those who meant him harm and those who would seek to undermine him in any way that they could.

This night was all of yours first task for him, your first mission and was one that left none of you in any doubt of the size and danger of your new found job. Tonight you were to kill a member of the cloth, a holy man, but one that you were assured had ties to the world of villians and murderers. There would no doubt be recompense for your actions which is why it had been planned to happen this late at night, or rather the early hours of the morning. You were to break into his home and kill him. He lived alone but you had been warned about his guard dogs, you had to be sure to silence them before he was alerted. The task, you all knew, was going to be difficult but it was a test of each of yours competence, an ongoing test as this was a death that would follow you in the form of all manner of revenge seekers both good and evil for the good that knew him knew not of his dealings with the tainted side of life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a game of my own design, i.e. homebrew, which I would like to start up. All I need is for you to show interest and the game will start from the point described above. I am looking for at least four players before I am going to send in for permission so that I can get a forum in which to host the game. Requirements for posting are that you post at least once a day and that your posts are no less than four sentences long, no one liners!!! I don't mind if you write long posts either, I'll be aiming to provide as much description and detail as I can and there will be plenty of NPCs for purposes of interaction other than player on player.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get things going.

Anwar o Anord
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM
BaconSoap Manufacturer

Tools
User Statistics
Darkgobbo
i am interested what types of chars can we play? ive always wanted to play a binder from tome of magic

and i always like homebrew games gives the game a real sense of life not just someone reading a few sentances out of a book

Last edited by Darkgobbo; Sep 17th, 2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Esperance
I might also be interested. I am also wondering what classes and races you are accepting?
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Phin
Sounds interesting enough. Let me know what your accepted races and classes will be.
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 08:10 PM
god-King of GM brutality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Also interested, but don't count me towards the 4 right now... I just was accepted into another game, and I don't know yet if I will have time for another game... (Probably since my solo game seems to have died )
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Boiling Pot of Nerdrage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis
I'm very interested. Sounds like alignment is N, CN, CE, or NE, and mostly stealth/assassination, which would be a new type of game for me.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Anwar
Here are a listof the books I have available to choose races and classes etc from but there are to be no monster races for players -

PHB
DMG
Libris Mortis
Deities and Demigods
Masters of the Wild
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Eberron Campaign Setting
The Quintessential Cleric
The Quintessential Rogue
The Quintessential Paladin II:Advanced Tactics
The Quintessential Fighter
Tome and Blood
Sword and Fist
Song and Silence
Hero Builders Guidebook

It is interesting that you see this game as a possible Neutral and Evil one. I am interested in that but had not thought about it. If you could all post your interest as what alignment you would like to play too that will be of benefit. I'm still waiting for the right numbers though, don't go making a char sheet up just yet.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Moridin
I am in a few other games....but they are all moving pretty slow and I am always on to post at least once a day. (almost certainly more) I'd like to play something from the Libris Mortis or perhaps a Skill Trick Rogue or maybe even a virtuoso.....Wait! I've got it! A DirgeSinger?!

Hmmm maybe a Thief-Acrobat instead. I don't feel like being an emo

But interested I am. The sneaking into places, kill (insert foe here), and getting out unseen is one of my favorite things to do.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kashmir
Good idea Anwar, like the idea of the game. I would like to play a rogue, probably elven.....or maybe a bard, for something different. But i am leaning more toward rogue, as i think i want to play a character a little different than i usually do. broody, kind of rude! Don't konw just some ideas. what races can i choose from, drow or half drow perhaps?

I don't have The Quintessential Rogue, i thnik i need that book. cool, i'm going to look for it.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
klakxor
This seems like an interesting start to a game. I really think a Beguiler from the PHB 2 would go well here.

Count me in as interested.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Boiling Pot of Nerdrage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis Lukarnis
Much as I'm intrigued by this, I am afraid I'll have to withdraw my interest...I'm involved in three or four other campaigns and I don't think I can spread myself much thinner Good luck though, I bet it'll be a fun one...and I wouldn't mind looking in on it now and then, so pm me the thread if you want and I'll just observe.
EDIT: Not to mention I may be DM'ing one of the most combat-intensive games to run on this forum in a long time, depending on approval and such. But yeah.

Last edited by Lukarnis; Sep 18th, 2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Darker Than Black

Tools
User Statistics
plerdo
This sounds too perfect for a character I wanted to try out. Obviously I'm interested. I want to play an archer style ranger, and move into the bloodhound prestige class at level 5. I guess he'd be chaotic neutral, doing hits only for the money. Elven probably, but not sure yet. Being a hit man, his favored enemy would be human. It's soo perfect! Mwahahahaha!

Last edited by plerdo; Sep 18th, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12275
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
I currently have an application pending for Dragon Orbs, but if I for whatever reason don't make that game I would be very interested in this one. One way or the other I have time for one game alone.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Anwar
OK, there seems to be enough interest to run the game. I'm going to put in an application and as soon as that has been accepted I will post a new thread regarding applications. Thanks to everyone that has shown interest. I hope I can get it up and runing and a pleasing game to go on!
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 07:36 AM
DnDOG's Mephistopheles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 594
Vetinarus Vetinarus Vetinarus Vetinarus Vetinarus Vetinarus
I'm interested. I'm trying to think how i will fit a paladin of Slaughter in. If I can't find a way, I'll probably be a fighter. (Bowmaster)