Other Aberrant: Bigger, Stronger, Faster - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 7th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Event Horizon

Concept: Self-Evolutionary Rockstar

Nature: Visionary

Allegiance: Teragen

Archetype: Portent

Attributes:

Strength •••
Dexterity ••••• (Coordinated)
Stamina •••• (Energetic)
Perception •••• (Intuitive)
Intelligence •••• (Bright)
Wits ••••• (Creative)
Appearance •••• (Luminous)
Manipulation ••
Charisma ••••• (Genial)

Abilities:
Athletics •
Drive •
Endurance •••
Resistance •••
Awareness ••
Academics •••
Bureaucracy •
Computer ••
Engineering •••
Science •••
Arts •••••
Biz ••
Rapport ••
Style ••••
Etiquette •
Perform •••••

Backgrounds:
Allies ••
Backing •
Dormancy •
Fame •••
Mentor •
Resources ••••

Mega-Attributes:

Mega-Dexterity • (Fast Tasks)
Mega-Stamina • (Adaptability)
Mega-Intelligence • (Engineering Prodigy)
Mega-Wits • (Artistic Prodigy, Synergy)
Mega-Charisma • (Centre of Attention)

Quantum Powers:
Warp •

Quantum •••
Taint
Willpower ••••• •
Quantum Pool: 26
Initiative: 9

Flaws:
Eufiber Rejection (2pts)
Combat Paralysis (3pts)

Last edited by Jenny Greenteeth; Feb 7th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Alright, I'm finally finished the Teragen getaway driver (or getaway warper), Event Horizon (Eve to her friends). Who has absolutely nothing to do with Nova rockstar Leanne Fitzroy.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 01:22 AM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30056
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Might be fun to bring in an old character. Let me know what you think.

Birth name: Frederick "Freakshow" McGowan
Nova Name: Alchemy
Country/Region of Origin: London, England
Appearance: Like a punk rocker whose only just decided to cut his hair this young man is rarely seen out of doors in anything but camouflage camo pants, t-shirts featuring various punk albums, and his favorite jacket patched to the point the canvas underneath is almost unrecognizable. In warm weather he'll trade the jacket and t-shirt in for black a-frames. Extensive tattoo work covers his arms and most of his torso, though he has no piercings and his brown hair is not altered beside being combed. The tattoos mostly seem to be scenes from various myths and legends- predominately centered on King Arthur but every culture makes an appearance somewhere, showing a surprisingly well read education.
With his powers, it's not surprising that he has quickly acquired some level of Taint. He is basically in command of two of the four known fundamental forces of the universe. The moment he erupted Freddie's eyes went from a normal white with a blue blue iris to entirely black. When using his powers in a stressful situation his black eyes are often reported to appear to be bleeding, though chemical analysis of the fluid has determined that it isn't actually blood. He doesn't really wear a costume but he does wear a gasmask and a jacket covered in alchemiac symbols when he acts as Alchemy.

Power: Alchemy has the ability to transmute and alter matter by force of will alone. Molecular Manipulation, Disintegrate, Matter Creation, Mega-Stamina.

Bio: Born the son of a borderline emotionally abusive and not-so-secretly-racist military man, Frederick started rebelling in his teenage years and never stopped. His father wanted him to join the military, marry a nice (white) girl, and live his own life over again. Frederick took to art and was sorely tempted to tell him he was gay just to piss off the old man. When Freddie was 10 his mother got the guts together to leave his father and moved to London, to which Frederick would take to like a fish to water when he was old enough for the punk scene.

Growing up a London punk, he quickly discovered that he was okay at drawing but otherwise really had nothing to look forward to in his future. Still, going commercial he does make enough to live on his own. A local artist considered good, though not great, he has finally been convinced to join a mate's punk/funk band as the bassist. He's not that good- but he has the attitude and he's getting better, honest. Of course, his life is starting to get more complicated as his art is taking off and the band is actually starting to not suck. His father has announced that he has political ambitions and wants to be back in his life, his mother is going to remarry, and his girlfriend- the daughter of immigrants from Pakistan- has just asked him to move in with her.

Freddie still says matter sings to him now, and his eyes have gone black permanently. Realizing the full scope of his potential abilities- Freddie thinks he has the potential to be one of the most powerful novas in the world if he isn't already. That isn't megalomania, it's just basic fact- when he says "jump" matter itself asks "how high?". Yeah, he's registered- because somehow he's got to be held accountable for his power. It scares the crap out of him, and he's not ashamed to admit it. The spandex may be for ponces but his idealism doesn't let him sit on the sidelines- and when needed he dons the jacket and gasmask of Mr. Alchemy.

---------------
Phase One - Human

Concept: Humanist Forced Into Godhood
Nature: Visionary - Freddie has never been a big believer in most of the dividing lines people put between themselves, even now that he can manipulate matter by his very will. Yes, the differences exist and only an idiot doesn't think they shouldn't be accounted for- he just has never been convinced they really were that important for what defines us as human. Freddie regains willpower whenever he makes a concrete step in favor of his philosophy.

Allegiance: "Sod Off, Wankers."
Freddie is bound and determined to stay connected to his Humanity, and has come to the conclusion that all factions involved have their good points - and they're all full of complete and utter smegheads. Utopia sounds the best on paper but they're faker then plastic and give him the creeps, the Directive can be an needed counterbalance to the real 'Tossers' but are a bunch of Fascists, while he likes how the Teragen ultimately just want to be left alone but ultimately they're full of nutters and terrorists.

They can all Sod Off. Thing is though that Freddie is, on paper at least, arguably the most powerful Nova on the planet with the ability to - at least in theory - vaporize, say, office buildings full of people with a blink. He might just want to be left alone and concentrate on his Art and his Music, but he's not going to get that chance. And not just because his eyes have been All-Black ever since he erupted.

Attributes:
Physical
Strength 2 - Dexterity 3 - Stamina 3

Mental 1
Perception 3 - Intelligence 3 - Wits 4 [Creative]

Social
Appearance 2 - Manipulation 1 - Charisma 3

Abilities:
Physical
Brawl 0 (2)
Might 0 (2)
Athletics 2 (5)
Drive 0 (3)
Firearms 1 (4)
Legerdemain 1 (4)
Martial Arts 2 (5)
Melee 0 (3)
Pilot 0 (3)
Stealth 0 (3)
Endurance 4 (7)
Resistance 4 (7)

Mental
Awareness 3 (6)
Investigation 0 (3)
Academics 2 (5)
Bureaucracy 0 (3)
Computer 0 (3)
Engineering 0 (3)
Intrusion 1 (4)
Linguistics 1 (4)
Medicine 0 (3)
Science 0 (3)
Survival 0 (3)
Arts 3 (7) [Drawing]
Biz 0 (4)
Rapport 0 (4)

Social
Intimidation 0 (2)
Style 1 (3)
Interrogation 0 (1)
Streetwise 1 (1)
Subterfuge 0 (1)
Command 0 (3)
Etiquette 0 (3)
Preform 2 (5)

Backgrounds:
Allies 4 [Zahra Dano (Lover); Amelia McGowan (Mum); Sohpie, Davey, Stevey, John, "Goat", "Goat's Sister", etc (The collection of freaks, punks, and drunks that make up Freddie's bandmates and friends)]
Node 2 [Can Spend up to 10 Quantum per round; Recovers Quantum Faster; Detects Quantum Energy Better]
Resources 1 [Apartment, Working Car, Bank Account]

Willpower: 3
Quantum: 5
Quantum Pool: 30
Taint: 5 Permanent [Black Eyes]
Initiative: 7
Movement: Walk 7, Run 15, Sprint 29
Soak: 4 Bashing, 2 Lethal
Health: 8
Bonus 15 - 2 Quantum, 1 Specialty [Drawing]

Phase 2 - Nova
Origin - Threatening Situation
Nova Points 30 - 2 Quantum

Quantum Powers
Disintegration 2 [Both Tainted] [Deals 5 + (Successes of 5d10) in Aggravated Damage to target object or being]
Matter Creation 1 [Creates Objects (Successes of 5d10) for details]
Molecular Manipulation 2 [Both Tainted] [Successes of 5d10 to sense properties, Techniques: Molecular Alteration (2) (May Turn any nonliving solid or liquid into any other nonliving solid or liquid, May turn any nonliving gas into any other nonliving gas)]
Between these three powers Mr. Alchemy can in theory turn any solid, liquid, or gas into any other solid, liquid, or gas. However, between his lack of experience and lack of chemistry knowledge he is only capable of simple and usually temporary end-product transformations, with the exception of turning solid objects- like people- into gases with seems to be permanent.

Mega-Stamina 1 [Triple Healing Rate, -1 Pain and Injury Penalties, +1 Soak against Bash and Lethal, Weeks without Sleep, Regeneration Extra (Quantum to Heal)]
His instinctual knowledge of his own body allows him to heal himself by reconstructing his body.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Feb 8th, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 06:08 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bigmig
Took away Behemoth's Darts ability and instead gave his Armor Impervious (Switched around what stuff I used taint for to make it work out). Also switched out High Paint Tolerance for another merit since it was basically being wasted on him (because of the amount of Mega-Stamina he has).
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 08:24 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal Shaquille Oatmeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmig View Post
Took away Behemoth's Darts ability and instead gave his Armor Impervious (Switched around what stuff I used taint for to make it work out). Also switched out High Paint Tolerance for another merit since it was basically being wasted on him (because of the amount of Mega-Stamina he has).
Noted. Thank you.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 08:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Jenny Greenteeth and GleefulNihilism. Thank you for the characters. Look forward to reading them.

I have quite a few characters to pour over so it’ll take me a couple of days. I like to read through them carefully when possible. It’s usually to the players’ benefit, since I sometimes find players have shorted themselves points or forgotten to choose enhancements.

If you haven’t already, please note how you spent your bonus points and nova points on your character sheets.

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; Feb 8th, 2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 09:34 AM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
I'm going to admit I'm not 100% convinced my math checks out.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So at the top of the thread, I’d mentioned something about novas and celebrity. Most novas are famous; it’s a reality of their existence. But for this game, fame is purely optional. You can choose to be a celebrity or forgo it. With fame, there’s three general possibilities:

- Some novas’ birth identities are known to the public, even if they have a costumed persona (think Tony Stark, and how everyone knows he’s Iron Man). This is sometimes the case when a nova erupts in front of witnesses, though many embrace the stardom voluntarily. Most starting novas are C-listers; while not household names, they’re known in a particular area or subculture.

- Some novas have famous costumed personas but keep their birth identities a secret (typical hero trope)

- Some novas manage to remain anonymous. In the modern day, this is difficult to do but not impossible. Some novas happen to have their eruptions in private, or go into hiding to avoid being identified. Others stay in dormancy as much as possible.

Let me know which applies to your character. I just want to get a general idea of how baseline humans will react to you. If you are famous, your fame won’t really give you any mechanical benefits unless you take the Influence background.

Last edited by Shaquille Oatmeal; Feb 8th, 2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Fifth Baldwin
Professor Singularity is definitely famous. He’s committed a number of very public, very eccentric crimes, hence he has the Wanted background. I may give him extra Influence dots to make him more well known.

As for our characters’ familiarity with each other, it doesn’t matter to me either way. I’m fine with some people knowing each other and some being strangers. The Teragen isn’t a massive organization, so I imagine some of us might know each other, if only in passing. I’m inclined to say that I know Fabricator because maybe I’ve visited him to request unique parts or substances for some of my less-than-legal experiments. Having a nova create what you need from thin air sounds easier than dealing with shady connections to get contraband. And we both have huge noggins.

Last edited by The Fifth Baldwin; Feb 8th, 2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 12:28 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
Freddie I actually do picture as being kind of famous, not for the normal reasons though.

-Freddie's Art actually is at least pretty good, and with his ability to see Atomic Structure on its own terms he's gotten even better. That coupled with the fact that he's a Nova has made him pretty famous, at least relative to Artists. His all-black eyes certainly don't hurt artistically speaking either, enough to show without a doubt that he's tainted but not a major determent to his appearance.

-He is also famously critical of Utopia, the Directive, *and* Teragen. Or as he calls them "The Fakes, the Fascists, and the Wankers". Not many Novas absolutely refuse to pick a side. He ends up getting involved in their politics anyway because:

-He is, in theory at least, the most powerful Nova on the planet as, in theory at least, 2 out of 4 of the known Fundimental Forces of the Universe obey him. He fairly openly admits that even he's terrified of his abilities, and he is determined to live as normal of a life as possible. He does however acknowledge that there's a point that he's the bigger "tosser" for sitting things out when he could help and he has done some superheroics in the past. He can and has easily put out major fires by converting Oxygen into Argon in the air, for example. Handy when your divorce mum's fiance is a firefighter.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
The nature of Fabricator's Aberrations don't really let him blend in and have a civilian life. He teaches at a college probably has some papers and books published. But he's not more famous than a well respected academic.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Freddie I actually do picture as being kind of famous, not for the normal reasons though.

-Freddie's Art actually is at least pretty good, and with his ability to see Atomic Structure on its own terms he's gotten even better. That coupled with the fact that he's a Nova has made him pretty famous, at least relative to Artists. His all-black eyes certainly don't hurt artistically speaking either, enough to show without a doubt that he's tainted but not a major determent to his appearance.

-He is also famously critical of Utopia, the Directive, *and* Teragen. Or as he calls them "The Fakes, the Fascists, and the Wankers". Not many Novas absolutely refuse to pick a side. He ends up getting involved in their politics anyway because:

-He is, in theory at least, the most powerful Nova on the planet as, in theory at least, 2 out of 4 of the known Fundimental Forces of the Universe obey him. He fairly openly admits that even he's terrified of his abilities, and he is determined to live as normal of a life as possible. He does however acknowledge that there's a point that he's the bigger "tosser" for sitting things out when he could help and he has done some superheroics in the past. He can and has easily put out major fires by converting Oxygen into Argon in the air, for example. Handy when your divorce mum's fiance is a firefighter.
Lol, I’m enjoying the character concept. So out of curiosity, how is Freddie going to feel working with a bunch of Terats (ie “nutters”), and potentially on behalf of a senior Terat? Would he even want to? I just want to get a sense of his motivations.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 01:58 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
As Terats, they can piss off. On a personal level though, don't be a smeghead and he's at least willing to talk. :P

Edit:- Heh, it occured to me that in theory if he absolutely had to pick one of the three factions he'd probably go Utopia, but only because he figured normal people at least occasionally benefit from their fakery.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Feb 8th, 2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 02:55 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bigmig
Behemoth is a bit more infamous than famous. He is mostly known around Chicago for attacking a train full of baselines as well as his cult doing stupid stuff in his name.

Last edited by Bigmig; Feb 8th, 2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Event Horizon isn't famous. She hasn't committed any real crimes, she's just been seen hanging around Terats. Basically, she's a Casablanca, acting as a go-between, ferrying people and things around.
Leanne Fitzroy is famous as the Nova Rockstar Crescendo (also the name of her band). Leanne has no known connections to the Teragen.

As to connections with other players, Event Horizon (or Eve) has probably met most of the characters while acting as a Casablanca. Also, does Professor Singularity want a lab assistant? Eve makes a pretty awesome lab assistant (Fast Tasks, Engineering Prodigy and Synergy)

Leanne is an artistic type, so she might have met Alchemy that way.