Other Bonds of Fate (L5R Fifth Edition) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-31-2020, 04:30 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
WidowsBane WidowsBane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
OH! That! Yeah, no we will just be using the conversion chart in the CRB with d6s and d10s.
Excellent, that will save me a good half hour deciphering the result.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:34 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10040
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Hi MaximumUnicorn

Just a few questions: How long is this pre-written campaign and would you continue DM'ing after the campaign's conclusion?

Yeah, it's been some time since I last wrote here on RPGX, but I'm trying slowly to get back again. Considering to throw a Crane duelist into the mix.

Last edited by XQbitor; 02-01-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3636
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
The application is finally ready! Thank you for your patience.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1107
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Woo! More L5R! XD

My other games are hitting all sorts of blocks, so a new one is nice.

Lemme see which of my homies I'm throwing in...

Oh, right, would characters trained in other clans' schools be okay? I have this Ide Ikoma Bard... XD I could simply go for my Asahina Artificer, though... or try something completely different...

How do we determine heritage, by the way?

Last edited by mystwatch; 02-03-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:54 AM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1999
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQbitor View Post
Hi MaximumUnicorn

Just a few questions: How long is this pre-written campaign and would you continue DM'ing after the campaign's conclusion?
Great question! Well, the campaign as written was written for just one session Those of you who have played a pBp game know full well how long that will really take.meat-space time, however it was also a very early part of a whole Heroes of Rokugan season (think fan-run version of the Pathfinder Society for L5R's 4e). The entire season is up on their website, and offers plenty of material to keep going on with, or if I need to write my own I'm more than happy to depending on how things go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystwatch View Post

Oh, right, would characters trained in other clans' schools be okay? I have this Ide Ikoma Bard... XD I could simply go for my Asahina Artificer, though... or try something completely different...

How do we determine heritage, by the way?
So, I'm okay with being trained in other clan's schools if your background supports it. And for something like that, it's going to need a decent amount of support in my humble opinon.

As for Heritage, just pick from the list. You all are established samurai at this point.

Also! I've selected a closing date! Since this is a wedding, we will be wrapping up on Valentines Day - Friday Feb 14 at 11:59 EST.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 02-04-2020 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:09 AM
Semper Fi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 757
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
So, I'm okay with being trained in other clan's schools if your background supports it. And for something like that, it's going to need a decent amount of support in my humble opinon.
Could you elaborate on that with regard to my character. He is from another clan from a fluff point of view but his background choices are all from the Dragon Clan. It's still early enough for me to make changes if that doesn't fit in with the way the world works in this game. On that topic, since I'm new, any feedback you have on my character either from his story or the crunch would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:24 AM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
@Kerchunk: So, by the standard lore, most Crab would rather cut off their own foot than willingly retire to a monastery and become a monk. That said, it is the exceptions that make the rules. Looking over the background you have for the character, I will fully allow a former Crab to be a Tattooed Monk.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Ugh, I'm paralyzed with indecision. I might need some advice, and the people I'm asking for it tell me to ask the DM, so...

Last edited by mystwatch; 02-07-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:50 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Seppun Kasake
Name: Seppun Kasake
Clan: Imperial Families
Personality: He possesses abilities of awareness both of the physical world and of the spiritual that has rarely been seen before. One might even say his blindness has brought out a sixth sense. Seppun Kasake longs for a distinguished title or appointment that will prove himself worthy of his family despite his setbacks from being blind.
Description: Most people hear Kasake long before they see him. The reason is a Omamori to Bishamon with two attached bells that hang from the pommel of his katana. Even when completely still, Kasake will occasionally flick the bells with his finger and listen to the sounds bounce off the people and objects in front of him to create a mental layout of the area. He stands at average height with an athletic build in his mid twenties. His regal bearing comes from years of practice displaying his heritage despite the criticisms about his blindness. His clothes are the typical green of the Imperial families with corresponding robes. The mon of the Seppun family is over his heart on his kimono while the mom of the Seppun Palace Guard School is on the opposite side. His hair is normally tied back in a tight ponytail. The typical dress and garb of a practical Bushi. Many will notice as they talk to him that he is facing slightly down as of contemplating all the information that has been said.
Background: Kasake has been blind since birth. This has caused no end of problems for his family who has treated him more as a burden. Being a member of the Imperial families at least provided him with comforts and servants to take care of his needs. Isolation became his constant partner. One good thing to come out of it was his appreciation for meditation and self reflection. When he was five years old, he began to see and hear things not of this world. During meditation, his sixth Sense would reach out and reveal various spirits that would wander the city. Most of them just let him be while others sat with him and talked. His parents thought his mind had gone along with his vision. His Uncle, Seppun Risako, was more understanding and sympathetic to the boy. One day, his uncle joined him in meditation and told him of a secret knowledge that his ancestor, Seppun Kasa, had bestowed upon his children from his time as a monk in the Brotherhood before coming out of retirement. This technique had been passed down to the eldest son of each generation in secret. Those that mastered it were able to increase their awareness of the world and their vigilance, which was invaluable to a palace guard. Kasake learned the secret technique and was able to ‘see’ the world around him for the first time. The elements existed in everything which he was then able to sense through vibrations in the ground. If he focused hard enough, he could stretch this to past barriers and obstacles that not even those with normal sight could see.

He had reached the age of going to a school to train to be a samurai. Kasake wanted to be a guardsmen like his uncle, but his parents disliked the idea saying he would only prove to be a disappointment. They preferred he serve with the Otomo in court where he didn’t have to move around as much. Only with his uncle’s contacts and a few favors was Kasake allowed to learn in the dojo. He was mocked constantly by the other students. He held his calm like the cliff being battered by many waves. When time came to compete head to head with other students, his true potential shined. Many times his abilities have been discounted or seen as lucky because of people judging him based on his visual disability. Others suspected that something supernatural was at work or that he had been blessed by some kami of luck. He completed his gempuku and served for a few years as a palace guard, but his only assign was to guard the library as a means for his superiors to get him out of the way on assignments where there was a low chance he would be Rewire actually do anything. He took his position with grace and made the most of it. In his off hours, he would pour over many scrolls having a servant read them off to him. This practice made his mind like a steel trap latching on to every piece of information.

The day finally came when he was assigned to assist the guards of an important wedding. His parents finally saw some use for their son as a way to pay off a debt they owed. He stood at the gates of the city and walked inside.
20 Questions/Character Sheet google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...e3KhftJZ3SjDCU

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 02-12-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added more backstory
Old 02-11-2020, 11:02 PM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
Whoa doggy, this past weekend came and went a lot faster than I had realized! Sorry on the delays to some of your questions folks. Also as a heads up I am a bit slow to respond to PMs as a general rule (lots of times I read them meaning to respond and then forget and then they are read and.....well....you get the idea...)

@WidowsBane: There is one question you asked in PM which I think everyone should see: Is the wedding getting held within Crab lands, or Unicorn?

This wedding is taking place in Unicorn lands, as Hamako-san is marring into the Iuchi family.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:05 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: Ide Eve
Clan: Unicorn

Personality:
Eve is a straightforward, sincere person, although perhaps she might be a bit too honest at times. Impeccably courteous for a Unicorn and always considerate, the artisan is a bundle of warmth and joy. While naturally endearing, she is also rather quirky, fascinated enough about Bushido to talk about it very often, and can be more enthusiastic and energetic than one might care for. She is always interested in Rokugani culture, although she tends to muddle various sources together and thus sometimes misunderstands some traditions. She can seem rather naive, and in certain respects she is, but she possesses a strong will.

Description:
Eve is a beautiful young woman in her early twenties. Her naturally white hair and bright blue eyes seem more fit for a Crane than a Unicorn, although her fair skin and features give away her foreign lineage. She tends to tie her hair up in a ponytail with a distinctive feather-and-fan hair tie, although at times she braids it instead. She stands a little taller than your average Rokugani woman, and her build is lean but not frail. She tends to wear a selection of traditional clothing that, while at times bearing the colors and the mon of her clan and family, tend to be a style that is more like that of traditional Rokugan.

Background:
Eve is the daughter of a couple of Ide Traders, and at a young age she had displayed an intense curiosity towards the traditions of the other clans of Rokugan, traditions that were more rooted in the past of Rokugan compared to the traditions of the Unicorn that had evolved since their travels. This would not have been of any import, and perhaps she could have grown up to be a trader like her forebears, if not for an artist of the Shiba tradition to express interest in her, in her beauty and in her skill with, and choice of, clothing. Thus, with the permission (and negotiations) of her parents and her lord, she was recruited to be trained and be part of a performing troupe, to learn about music and dance and clothing, craftsmanship and performance.

Having returned to Unicorn lands to serve her lord until her troupe is summoned again, she has been tasked to provide entertainment and to convey the Ide's gratitude to Iuchi Barashi on his son's wedding.

Notes:
Please tell me if anything's amiss. Thanks for the reply about my concerns.

Last edited by mystwatch; 02-13-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I welcome any and all feedback about my character.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1628
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Alrighty! With the exception of a couple of things I'll need to work with the GM on (my lord and my heirloom item), I think Kamiko is good to go!

Here's the link, since she's back on page 1 now:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...39#post8647239

Comments/suggestions welcome!
Old 02-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Pastel Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
Man this is getting good! Looking at the number of apps, I see I'm going to have to really split some hairs here.

@SalmonMax: Lay it on me anytime of what you want to work out.

Old 02-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
How many apps are you accepting? I didn’t see a number in the initial post.