Old Dec 4th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 181
VampiricLongbow VampiricLongbow
Greetings

Greetings!

I am VampiricLongbow. I am a long time veteran of the PbP format, having played & DMed on various sites over the last twelve years. I have grown a bit frustrated with how the PbP space has been balkanized & hidden by the proliferation of private Discord-based games, which has resulted in the mass depopulation of many of the small/niche PbP sites that I once loved. Of those smaller sites, most have become dominated by the 5E-only/preferred crowd. Don't get me wrong, I love 5E but we are living through a new golden age for non-D&D games. Games that I *really* want to GM. Games like Blade Runner, Wrath & Glory, Dune, Worlds Without Number, WEG Star Wars, Dark Heresy 2E, Power Rangers RPG, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds, Cities Without Number, Transformers RPG, ACKS II, Stars Without Number, Age of Sigmar - Soulbound, FFG's Star Wars games, Star Trek Adventures, Infinity RPG, etc. Amazing games that all deserve love and affection. After struggling to get some groups together for these games on other sites, I was told to come to RPG Crossing as the player base is very large and more enthusiastic about playing niche games.

I am eager to start meeting cool new people and start rolling dice with all of you
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 01:03 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35560
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Hi VampiricLongbow --

You sound awesome! So glad to meet you! I can't wait to see some of those ideas pop on in the GMs Seeking forum.

Have fun exploring the site and meeting the inmates!
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 02:19 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birched View Post
Hi VampiricLongbow --

You sound awesome! So glad to meet you! I can't wait to see some of those ideas pop on in the GMs Seeking forum.

Have fun exploring the site and meeting the inmates!
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 02:54 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88009
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Wow, that's a lot of interest... and imagination! Glad you brought it here, we always need more energy and imagination. Hope you have a blast exploring.

Happy gaming!
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 03:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Glad you've come!
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 07:04 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2358
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Hi VampiricLongbow and welcome.

I am saddened that your epic list of games you want to play does not include Cyberpunk RED. Nevermind, there is plenty there to get your fangs into!
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 02:58 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 70285
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, VampiricLongbow! How awesome to have a new member with such a gaming--a PbP gaming!--resume walk through the door! This site does exist in the world, so 5e is probably our go-to lingua franca, but there are also tons of other games going on, and a receptive crowd for new ones. Hope to play alongside you in one of those new ones in the future!
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 11:02 PM
Utterly flocked

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23773
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
A lot of Sine Nomine love in that list. Welcome! I see you also like the FFG Star Wars - did you ever get into the FFG Legend of the Five Rings? The dice system is mostly similar.
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 11:14 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17535
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy VampiricLongbow,

I love the username. I'm sure the vampires on the site are trembling in fear. That was a great intro, we definitely have an idea of who you are. There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildrahil View Post
Howdy VampiricLongbow,

I love the username. I'm sure the vampires on the site are trembling in fear. That was a great intro, we definitely have an idea of who you are. There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Thank you for the warm welcome and the great advice/explainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
A lot of Sine Nomine love in that list. Welcome! I see you also like the FFG Star Wars - did you ever get into the FFG Legend of the Five Rings? The dice system is mostly similar.
I love Sine Nomine games! Had many a fun adventure in Stars! I have DMed the 3.5 version of L5R and played in the 4th edition version of the game. I own the FFG/Edge Studios version but I have never been able to get anyone to play it (proprietary dice are, sadly, a big turn off to a large chunk of potential players). It looks fun as heck though! #Unicorn4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Hi, VampiricLongbow! How awesome to have a new member with such a gaming--a PbP gaming!--resume walk through the door! This site does exist in the world, so 5e is probably our go-to lingua franca, but there are also tons of other games going on, and a receptive crowd for new ones. Hope to play alongside you in one of those new ones in the future!
Thank you for the warm greeting! 5E's grasp is, indeed, both large and deep, it is inescapable!

I am happy to hear there are many who want to try other games. Really looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter One View Post
Hi VampiricLongbow and welcome.

I am saddened that your epic list of games you want to play does not include Cyberpunk RED. Nevermind, there is plenty there to get your fangs into!
I bought the Cyberpunk RED Humble Bundle a while back, so I have a bunch of the rulebooks
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 09:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4391
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
if you want a solo game, ill give you one
Old Dec 7th, 2023, 05:49 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2358
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricLongbow View Post

I bought the Cyberpunk RED Humble Bundle a while back, so I have a bunch of the rulebooks
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=224528

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
Old Dec 11th, 2023, 06:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8939
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Just wanted to add my welcome, VampiricLongbow! I hope you're easing your way into the site . And thanks for bringing all of your RP and PbP experience with you!
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 02:38 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10942
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome VampiricLongbow!

May you have many grand adventures and meet new friends along the way.