Game Thread Walloon - Page 43 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #631  
Old Feb 14th, 2024, 07:45 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 15210
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 5,539
Luc "Nton" del Lige
right-aligned image

Nton senses that the resistance spell At least I think that's where he picked it up ... It's a one-time use boon. <shrug>gifted him in Dylvana's glade has done its job of aiding Oyuki, who seems whole and peaceful once more. Laufey, too, seems more at peace. The specters are gone.

Nton looks at Oyuki, then at the others. "Do we wait here still? Our allies are still thick in the fight up ahead?"

Mechanics
Laufey's Sleep is on round 5 of 10.

 

 

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old Feb 15th, 2024, 01:31 AM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 10942
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,653
Oyuki
left-aligned image
Oyuki gripped the vampire as he tried to pull her into a nightmare. She could feel herself losing grip on reality and this was nothing new. She was used to it and was not worried knowing the others were watching over her. She latches tighter on the vampire as she pulls him into a reality that is to come his demise. She pushed the vampires closer to the flames, letting him feel the flames lick his skin turning it to ash. She hears his howls as he fails.

We wait, she replies to Ntons question. A lot is going on down there and we do not need to add to the chaos. We continue to draw the undead to us and destroy them keeping them from the others. She falls silent as she stares into the darkness.

 
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 05:17 PM
Murdoch Murdoch is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 29th, 2024
RPXP: 14233
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Posts: 2,504
Ulric

Ulric focuses his attention on the dragon before him, trying to determine if its intentions match its words. Her can tell that the dragon is quite young for a dragon and that the vampires have kept it from attaining its full potential. That gives him hope that they fear they could lose control of it, for if they were certain they could control it, they would want their guardian to be as powerful as possible. As he is studying the dragon, Arune volunteers to place himself in its jaws while Ulric cuts the control gem away. He is awestruck and he turns to face the Elf warrior standing next to him. That this man, who Ulric met for the first time the day before, trusts him enough that he would willingly place himself into the jaws of a dragon, is...humbling, to say the least. Ulric's mouth opens and closes a few times as he struggles to find the words to respond to Arune. Luckily, the dragon speaks, preventing Ulric from stammering out something wholely not up to the task of conveying his gratitude.

Enough, I sense a dignity in you(meaning both Arune and Ulric)a willingness to aid others at your own cost. So long I have known such, it seemed lost. Take the heads of the vampires, stuff the mouths with blessed waifers if you have them and lay the bodies before me and I will burn them. Do not sacrifice yourself on my behalf. I Girithaglar would this day, call you, Arune Trollhart and Ulric Broad Bones, allies

Ulric turns back to Girithaglar, flooded with relief. He had begun to sense the dragon was being honest and that Arune would be save in its jaws, but having Girithaglar call them allies without that happening is much to be preferred. "Thank you, Girithaglar. It is a tremendous relief to be able to call you an ally. If you would allow it, I would like to try and remove the control gem, while Arune takes the heads of the vampires. The master vampire is currently fighting Oyuki for the mind of our companion and I think it would be wise to remove the gem while he is otherwise occupied."

If Girithaglar agrees, Ulric will use the dragon handled dagger to try and remove the gem. His axe is not a good tool for such work and the dagger can affect creatures that require magic to be harmed, so if magic is required to remove the gem, Ulric thinks it will work.



 

 
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 08:01 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 18475
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,994
AllVardariannanur slows as the poison seeps around his bones, thickening his blood and slowing him. He shakes his head as memories of Ecthelion and Gondolin and the stand at the Fountain fill his vision. Vardariannanur focused, burning the poison from his body with his own anger that is now not a wild thing, not a loose and raging thing, but a concentrated thing like a tidal wave of force and clarity.
Quote:
spawn of Thuringwethil
he says. The very name of something so much more evil than herself causes her to pause. A flicker of doubt, rapidly followed by fear wrinkles her face. She holds up a hand, backing away. Vardariannanur steps into his blow, hacking her right arm off at the bicep and following through with a backhanded slash across her opposite shoulder. She wails and claws at him, her talons scratching his armor but causing no real damage. She stumbles back and back then abruptly stops. Vardariannanur stabs her low in the belly as another blade drives through her back and out her stomach.
Standing behind her is Narvin. He lifts her off the ground still stuck to his spear. She wriggles like a fish and flails. Her eyes roll side to side as she tries to look away, vainly tries slip free as Gorthang roughly grasps her hair and allows Vardariannanur to cleave her head from her shoulders. Narvin tosses the corpse aside like a farmer flinging hay off a pitchfork. Gorthang turns the head around and stuffs holy wafers in the mouth before wrapping the head in blessed cloth and tucking into a shoulder bag with two other heads already taken.
Several Ropers lash down at them. One grabs Vardariannanur's ankle but he easily kicks free. Two of the Sea Griffons rush up to them. Both men carry heavy axes and torches. Chopping and burning any Roper that comes close, the small group moves towards the largest and most ornate coffin. The emblem of a Sea Scorpion is carved across the top of the tomb. The carving is emerald and stands out against the grey stone. Dagormir the name flashes through Vardariannanur's mind. The Emerald Sea Scorpion is the emblem and banner of House Dagormir and Miyuki.
Looking down at the tomb, Vardariannanur hears the faintest of movement, light scratching's, murmurings of a strange language(Romanian) some inflections recognizable to him, but overall he can't tell what is being said. Laufey's voice in his head sounds soft, but also full of triumph,We hold his spirit in my body. Finish him now while he is helpless.

Up the stairs, Nuton, Oyuki, Vicar Odo and Ciryana lean over over Laufey's writhing body. Ciryana, the gold elf they had come to rescue says in a hoarse, whisper of a voice, We hold together, form a chain around the vampire and the woman he is trying to take. We hold him here. If we keep his spirit in the woman, he cannot regain his body and attack in other forms. Do not think of your faith, think of the power within you and the need of our Fellowship. Ciryana reaches out, taking one of Nuton's hands in her own and then clasping Vicar Odo with the other. Vicar Odo reaches for Oyuki who can complete the chain holding onto Nuton. Together the four of them focus on Laufey, who lay before them. Laufey's body has ceased wriggling and twisting. Oyuki senses more of Laufey has returned from wherever her spirit went for safety earlier. The woman is now fighting in earnest for her soul. Slight tremors move through her body, but nothing serious. Her labored breathing has become more rhythmic, forming a spell of enhancement, but not for herself, but for those forming the chain. (+2 to Wis SA and rolls)
Once that spell is formed and cast, Laufey keeps breathing in the chant like way. She reaches out, one hand grabbing Nuton's ankle and the other grabbing Oyuki's. She uses them as an anchor for her soul in her fight with the vampire. Her hands are icy cold, the chill seeping through armor and dress and Nuton's warm, wool socks. Her hands close like locks as the vampire struggles to free himself. Nuton and Oyuki feel his strruggles, feel him pulling on them, gnashing and clawing, attacking them psychically rather than physically. Nuton smells the vampires flesh starting to burn as Oyuki and Laufey make the vampire's dream come real, turning his own nightmare against him.

Down in the "Dragon" room, Ulric breathes out a sigh of relief, the harsh tension of moments ago leaving him. Girithaglar breathes out as well. The room instantly heats by twenty degrees. Arune and Ulric can tell the dragon was holding his breath as well. Girithaglar was just as tense as they were about what would happen. The dragon's wire like whiskers brush against Ulric's shoulder and face as the huge head turns and stretches his neck out, exposing the jewel that needs cutting out. Groza is fighting to loose himself. Your Love and Oyuki and Nuton and the Deacon fight to keep him within her. She is using her body as his prison. The sooner you cut out the gem, the sooner she can release him and we can finish him for good.
Arune and Ulric both move close, studying the encrusted gem sunk into the dragon's skin. The gem rests just below the scales, only a slight tip showing. Like an iceberg, the majority of the scale is under the scales. Standing just inches from the dragon, the heat of the scales are like a sunburn. They both know no normal weapon would last for long cutting out the gem. Any weapon they use would dull and actually start melting after a few moments. Ulric palms the dragon bone dagger. The blade pulls to the dragon, eager to cut and wound the great beast. Arune squeezes the gem with one arm and Ulric starts cutting. Gorthang and Narvin join in, taking turns with Arune to keep the pressure on. None of them can hold and touch the dragon long without severely burning themselves. Ulric cuts quickly, using all the hunting techniques he has learned over the years coupled with his small knowledge of smithying he has learned from watching the dwarves.
They are all sweating profusely and feeling a deep, heated fatigue when Ulric makes the last cut and the gem pops free. The gem is large and slick with dragon blood and puss and Ulric almost drops it. He catches it though, having to use both hands.
Girithaglar stretches, his bones and scales making a sharp cracking sound. The dragon takes a deep breath and for a moment there is no oxygen for them to breathe. The room heats up, the temperature of the room close to 200 degrees if not more. The air has become so hot, it hurts to breathe. Lay the vampires before me and I will burn them to dust, says Girithaglar.



OOC- NO players took any damage that round. Nuton and Oyuki SA Wisdom DC 14 to hold Groza inside Laufey. Party: Hutch, Emse, Caline, Nuton, Sister Miriam, Oyuki, Arune, Khepri, and Vastocio plus, Laufey, Carlo, and Vicar Odo and Ciryana
More coming

Last edited by Rasgorn; Feb 23rd, 2024 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 10:24 AM
Ildrahil's Avatar
Ildrahil Ildrahil is offline
Gondolindrim
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 17535
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Posts: 3,876
Laufey's Voice
right-aligned image
Laufey's voice fills Vardariannanur's mind and he understands what they must do. He looks around at those with him. He knows it is time to take charge. In a voice that brooks no challenge he says, "You two, keep the Ropers off of us. The rest of you, open this casket and quickly. The beast's spirit is trapped...elsewhere and he is vulnerable. It is now we must strike, he is the key to this place I ken. Gorthang, be prepared to complete the ritual."

As they struggle with the tomb's lid, Darian notes the emblem on the tomb and he realizes whoever, or whatever is in that tomb is very probably ancient. The House Dagomir, and House that should no longer exist. A House that should never have existed. The House whose leader perpetrated the single most heinous betrayal in the long history of the Elves. As bad as Fanor and his sons became due to a vow that should never have been uttered, they never parlayed with the Enemy. Only one of the Noldor ever did that. And then Darian is rocked, "Could the creature in this tomb go that far back?" He wonders to himself.

left-aligned image
"Quickly, quickly," Darian commands. "No idea have I how long this beast's spirit can remain trapped where it is. I ken the struggle to keep it penned is great indeed." And with that he prepares himself for what he will face when the tomb is opened. He sheaths his offhand sword and takes out a long wooden stake. Darian pours holy water on it until it is a-drip with it and thoroughly soaked into the pores of the wood itself.

Screeeeeech, goes the lid of the sarcophagus, inch by inch it opens. And there is Darian's target.

Orcrist blazes and Darian swings and Attack 1 1d20+12: (20)+12 = 32 Damage 1 3d4+6: (4, 2, 3)+6 = 15 Dice Critical Hit 3d4: 1, 3, 1 = 5 Total Damage = 20feels his blade make solid contact with the creature. He swipes down again but in his zeal the edge of Orcrist hits the side of the tomb and Attack 2 1d20+12: (5)+12 = 17 Damage 2 3d4+6: (3, 2, 1)+6 = 12he's unsure of the damage he causes. But that serves to focus Darian once again to the task at hand. He sees the creature's chest and using his other hand he grasps the rough edges of the wooden spike and Attack 3 Offhand 1d20+11: (15)+11 = 26 (I didn't roll for damage because I didn't know what dice to roll)drives it down into the creatures chest. "Pound it in," he says, in a tone as cold as death. He looks at the creature and says, "Die Dagomir."



Darian's ReactionDarian will use his Absorb Elements spell reaction if the opportunity presents itself.


Darian's ReactionDarian will use Orcrist's Deflection ability.


 



 
__________________
Come back carrying your shield, or on it.
ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Last edited by Ildrahil; Feb 23rd, 2024 at 10:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old Feb 24th, 2024, 09:15 PM
Murdoch Murdoch is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 29th, 2024
RPXP: 14233
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Posts: 2,504
Ulric

Ulric is amazed when Girithaglar releases the breath he had been holding and he realizes the dragon was just as nervous as he was. While he, Arune, and the others are a formidable force, the small confines of the room would have made it relatively easy for Girithaglar to burn them all to ash. With the outcome of a physical confrontation not really in doubt, Ulric decides it was the possibility of losing this chance at freedom that had the dragon nervous.

Groza is fighting to loose himself. Your Love and Oyuki and Nuton and the Deacon fight to keep him within her. She is using her body as his prison. The sooner you cut out the gem, the sooner she can release him and we can finish him for good.

The thought of Laufy using her body as a prison for the vampire is terrifying. Ulric steps forward quicky and raises the dagger, ready to start cutting, then he stops himself and takes a few deep breaths. If he rushes through this he might make a mistake, and if he loses Girithaglar's trust, this will likely all be for nothing. When he is calm again, he starts cutting, working with Arune, whose efforts start exposing more of the gem. The heat makes everything more difficult. Ulric has always been more comfortable in the cold, and he has to keep pausing to cool his hands off, wipe sweat out of his eyes, and wipe his bloody hand on his pants so his grip on the dagger doesn't slip. The heat coming off Girithaglar seems to sap his strength, and by the time he gets the gem free he is exhausted.

He holds the bloody gem in his hands as the temperature in the room rises beyond anything he thought possible. The very air is hard to breathe. "Girithaglar, after what this horrible gem did to you, it's your decision as what should be done with it. I think it should be destroyed. Do you think your fire would do the job? If not, and you wish it to be destroyed, I know some people who might know how it can be done."

Ulric will give the gem to Girithaglar if he asks for it. If he wants it destroyed, and he thinks his fire will do it, Ulric will set it on the ground where he plans to put the vampires. If Girithaglar doesn't want it, Ulric will wipe it clean on his already bloody pants and stick it in a pouch and he will show it to Harbard later to see if he knows how it can be destroyed. When the decision has been made as to what will happen to the gem, Ulric hands the stakes he brought with him to the others, keeping the table leg stake for himself. Then, staggering in the oppressive heat, he will make his way to the coffins so the vampires can be staked and beheaded.



 

 
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old Feb 25th, 2024, 03:22 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 15210
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 5,539
Luc "Nton" del Lige
right-aligned image

“We wait,” Oyuki replies to Nton’s question. “A lot is going on down there and we do not need to add to the chaos. We continue to draw the undead to us and destroy them keeping them from the others.” She falls silent as she stares into the darkness.

Nton nods. He isn't sure what's going on with Laufey, but it's clear it's some kind of spiritual struggle with a vampire's spirit and that Oyuki has been helping her somehow. Nuton grasps Laufey's hand to do something, to help somehow, if only with moral support and comfort. But feeling her hand, he notices it's ice cold. Something more practical occurs to him. Waving his hands around Laufey's body and chanting arcane words of power, Nton warms the surface of stonework near and beneath her, hopefully to warm her body somewhat.

Mechanics
Laufey's Sleep is on round 6 of 10.

 

 

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Feb 25th, 2024 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old Feb 28th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Alemar's Avatar
Alemar Alemar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 13874
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Posts: 6,675
Arune
left-aligned image

The Wild Elf did his best to help Ulric with his extraction, though the size of the Mountain Man made the process more difficult than perhaps the aid Arune was able to provide. Still, the Barbarians had made their choice (not that there was much of one to begin with) to try and help this Dragon, rather than accept defeat. Death, it appeared, was the most likely outcome regardless of what he tried to do. But Arune thought of the others fighting above his head... His allies were all he had left in this place, and if his actions could help them? Then that was what his honor demanded of him. After all he was the son of a Chief of the North, he was a man of Action, and a friend to those in need. How could he face the years ahead of him if he turned away now?

Taking up the stakes, the newly christened 'Trollheart' prepared for Vampires to appear in the room. Thinking that they might materialize out of mist or shadow where he least expected it; His nerves were on the very precipice of the edge.


 
__________________
We will break away Together... I'll be the Shadow, You'll be the Light. Nothing ever lasts Forever... We will go softly into the Night.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB