Game Thread The Smuggler's Shiv - Page 31 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Jungles of Xen'drik
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #451  
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-30-2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
Current HP 10/14 Fort/Ref/Will +3/5/5 Speed 30
With Mage Armor: AC21 (AC21 touch, AC17 flat-footed)
Without Mage Armor AC17 (AC17 touch, AC13 flat-footed)
Evasion: A successful reflex save to halve damage reduces damage to zero.
Bullied: +1 on unarmed AoO
Stunning Fist uses expended: 0/2
Mage Armor NOT used
-status/defenses-


Even as the magical field forms around him, Kim feels control returning to his muscles. Relief floods through him, making him momentarily lightheaded, but he knows he can't spare time for such weakness; he hears the dismissive voice of Master Zee echoing in his thoughts. Soft. The lacedon talon glancing against his arcane armor reminds him that if he wishes to survive, he must act. Kim strikes out with another flurry of fists. Still not fully recovered from his temporary paralysis, perhaps, the blows fail to do any damage to the watery undead. Useless.

oocFlurry of blows, rolled here. Attack 10 Damage 7 ; Attack 6, Damage 6
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 06-21-2012, 03:49 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is online now
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-29-2020
RPXP: 15651
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,592
Altraminus tries to shake the vomit off his boots. This ends up looking unfortunately like a twitchy dance, but finally he is ready to throw another bomb. "Can't you stop them?" he asks, unhelpfully.

Dice Bomb:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13
1d6+5 (6)+5 Total = 11
__________________
New job is very busy, but great fun.
Maps for Wrath
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 26872
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,704
Some of Kim's blows strike the water ghoul, but the thing seems made of rubber and does not seem as susceptible to the blows that would have dropped most men to the ground. Both of the ghouls continue their unholy howling, flailing their arms and snapping viciously at both the monk and Ishrouk as they hold the line...

Then there is another blast! Heat rolls over you and the flash blinds you for a moment, followed by the disgusting stench of burning undead flesh. Kim feels the ghoul fall upon him and does his best to shuck it off before it can do any damage, but when he turns, the thing falls to the ground in a heap, its gray flesh glowing in places with red-hot cinders. Turning, he can see through the acrid smoke the body of the other laying in the shallows of the pool.

It was a harrowing encounter, but taking stock, it seems that no one was grievously injured. Karin tip-toes past Deka to reach Kim and Ishrouk, urging them to allow her to inspect their wounds...

DMAnti-climactic, maybe, but you did most of the hard work before the pause. You each earn 250 xp for defeating the Lacedons!
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-04-2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
The smaller hobgoblin rises shakily to his feet. He wipes his mouth with the back of his arm to remove whatever vomit remains. That does nothing for the taste. unfortunately, and it was almost bad enough to make him wretch once more. The entire display was thoroughly embarrassing and it would surely set him further back in Ishrouk's eyes. He looks very much like he will be sick all over again.

Finally somewhat steady Deka looks to the others, though he refuses to meet any of their eyes. "So, Altraminus," he says in a soft voice. "Did you find anything else of note?" The artificer looks down at his clothes and such to ensure he hasn't soiled himself too badly. "I must find a way to atone for this," he thinks. It doesn't make him feel any better.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.

Last edited by Cidolfas; 06-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-30-2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
Current HP 10/14 Fort/Ref/Will +3/5/5 Speed 30
With Mage Armor: AC21 (AC21 touch, AC17 flat-footed)
Without Mage Armor AC17 (AC17 touch, AC13 flat-footed)
Evasion: A successful reflex save to halve damage reduces damage to zero.
Bullied: +1 on unarmed AoO
Stunning Fist uses expended: 0/2
Mage Armor NOT used
-status/defenses-


At least your companions aren't useless, Kim hears in his mind after the last of the watery undead falls, Master Zee's voice unknowingly echoing Deka's thoughts. "I apologize for my failures," he says to the others. "Clearly more practice on my part is required." When Karin offers healing, Kim looks toward Ishrouk. "I believe he is in more need," and is more deserving, "of any healing you might offer."

When Deka asks Altraminus about what else he saw in the water, Kim turns his gaze to Altraminus and waits for the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is online now
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-29-2020
RPXP: 15651
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,592
"Hm? What? No, just evil-swimmy-claw-beast-corpse-things. Maybe I should dissect them. But then, these explosives do rather change the state of a being. Damages it somewhat. Needs to be tidier."

Altraminus does, for once, manage to answer the question at hand before rambling off again.
__________________
New job is very busy, but great fun.
Maps for Wrath
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 26872
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,704
Ishrouk grudgingly allows the small halfling to inspect his wounds, watching her closely as she pushes up her sleeves, revealing the azure tangle of lines that marks her of the House Jorasco. She pokes and prods at his wounds but the hobgoblin swordsman does not speak... though he scowls as the dragonmark upon her wrist begins to glow. You watch as the wounds close before your eyes and within moments, his reddish skin shows no sign of the ghouls' attacks.

"Hmm," he rumbles as he flexes his clawed fingers and looks over his arm, finally nodding his thanks... to which Karin smiles and bows deeply. He turns back to the pool, eying the waters at the end of the tunnel with distrust.

"I must know whether what we seek is here," he says in a low grumble as he marches stoically into the water, eventually disappearing beneath the surface...

From outside, a subtle hiss can be heard through the tunnel, signalling the arrival of another tropical rain. Within moments, rivulets of water cut through the dust at your feet to feed the pool before you.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Tangler's Avatar
Tangler Tangler is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-30-2012
RPXP: 7384
Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler Tangler
Posts: 4,739
right-aligned image
Current HP 10/14 Fort/Ref/Will +3/5/5 Speed 30
With Mage Armor: AC21 (AC21 touch, AC17 flat-footed)
Without Mage Armor AC17 (AC17 touch, AC13 flat-footed)
Evasion: A successful reflex save to halve damage reduces damage to zero.
Bullied: +1 on unarmed AoO
Stunning Fist uses expended: 0/2
Mage Armor NOT used
-status/defenses-


Kim nods in appreciation as Karin heals Ishrouk, and says nothing when his own injury is left unhealed. When the warrior hobgoblin begins to move into the water, Kim moves to follow him. Just before his head sinks below the water, though, Kim turns his head and looks at Altraminus. "Your... creations... were very effective against the lacedons. Well done." The monk seems about to say more, then shakes his head and continues into the water, following Ishrouk.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is online now
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-29-2020
RPXP: 15651
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,592
"Hm. Well."

Altraminus seems surprised at the praise, however warily it was given.

"They do make a rather satisfying noise, do they not? It's not really what I was aiming for - more a safe, but easy, means of starting a fire: imagine, in the cold winters, being able to open a vial of this stuff and - whoosh! - it ignites!"

Altraminus' longest coherent statement in a while is spoiled somewhat by his energetic gesticulation. In fact, it's a good thing he is holding nothing flammable, as Kim would almost certainly have been soaked in such a substance.
__________________
New job is very busy, but great fun.
Maps for Wrath
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 26872
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,704
It is easier to pull yourselves along through the passage that plunges deeper and deeper still into the pool than it is to swim and after several long moments, you begin to wonder if you would have enough air to make it back should this prove to be a dead end. Another yard or two, pulling your way along, and you begin to feel that perhaps this was a terrible idea -- that you fought your way tooth and nail through jungle and a host of undead to meet your end in a water-filled cavern. Then Ishrouk's light disappears as he springs off of the floor and up through a vertical chamber.

Following close on his heels, you burst from the surface of the water into a dark cavern made of the same blood-red rock as the rest of the mountain. Stalactites hang from the low ceiling, some of them coming close to the surface of the water. The pool distorts the light coming from the light-bearing shield, casting rippling shadows and waves of light along the uneven ceiling.

As you turn, you spot a landing in the dark... a flat path of stone against one side of the cavern, large enough for each of you to stand upon. As Ishrouk makes his way forward, hauling himself out of the water, you see a trio of large chests take shape within the shadows, the wood dark from the damp air and the metal bands spotted with rust.
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is online now
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-29-2020
RPXP: 15651
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,592
Altraminus emerges in the darkness, blinking at the flickering glare. "It's all a bit chilly down here. Wait a moment. Damp! Damp! My pockets!"

Completely ignoring the chests - after all, they're not going anywhere just yet - Altraminus sits down on the rock and begins turning out his pockets, checking that the little waxed-paper packages in them are still watertight.
__________________
New job is very busy, but great fun.
Maps for Wrath
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB