RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > The Subways Run on Magic
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Someone on TV is trying to sell you bibles blessed in the holy land. Oh joy. Watson doesn't seem to care.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 418
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Morrigan gave up, flicked the remote to shut the contraption off and got up to turn the radio on. She fiddled with the stations, but the only slow music she could find was Delilah. With a frown, she switched it off and said to Watson's sleepy kitten face, What do you think? How bad can Nora Roberts be? She flicked a glance at the paperback with a wary look. She took one final look around her apartment, searching desperately for an alternative, but couldn't really see one. She picked Watson up and curled up with him on her lap and opened the much-dreaded novel. At least it's about Wicca. It's probably all wrong, but maybe I'll start asking better questions.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
You start reading... There's a man, very strong and capable, but looking for something in his life, who moves to a small town and meets up with a wiccan girl who is lonely, despite being very attractive and talented... You've read this before. Well, not this specific one, but you kinda knew what you were expecting going in.

Sunlight. Well, that's new. You appear to have passed out in the middle of the book. A bit of drool is running down the middle, like an amusing bookmark of sorts.
OOCI've had the (mis)fortune of listening to Nora Roberts in my mom's car(audiobook romance novel, yes!). I swear they're all like my cheesy synopsis above.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Her first real coherent thought sends her bounding to her feet--a move she immediately regrets. Sleeping all curled up in a chair might seem cozy, but it's left kinks in places she didn't know could kink. Her back doesn't seem to want to quite go straight. With more than a little discomfort, she hobbles to where she can see a clock, muttering and swearing about running late, and then to the kitchen to put coffee on. As it percolates, she hops in the shower, hoping some hot water will work her muscles to a more pliable state.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
There is a very loud crackling noise as your back pops in the shower. It hurts so good.

The smell of coffee has awoken Watson. He's trying to get onto the counter to sample this delicious beverage, and possibly burn his tongue in the process.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Still muttering to herself now about how useful it would be to have the magical ability to teleport or, better yet, stop time, she proves herself to be both the master of multitasking--by simultaneously pouring coffee, towel-drying her hair, and buttoning her blouse-- and the master of gravity by, well yes, falling down.

With very hot coffee all over her newly buttoned blouse, she mutters a few words her mother would not have approved of in a pained staccato. She lays where she fell on the kitchen floor for a second, taking a deep breath. With a shake of her head, she scrambles to her feet, pours another cup of coffee, and lets it cool on the counter for a minute while she runs and changes.

She slips on shoes, grabs her purse, laptop bag, backpack, and coffee and is half-way out the door when she realizes she's forgotten something. She turns back, sets down as few things as possible, and fills Watson's bowls. She pets him briefly, and says Okay, I'm off to school. I'll be back between classes, so no wild parties while I'm out.

She manages, though not very gracefully, to get to her class (one she's taking, unfortunately, not one she's teaching), and only a few minutes late, with only a little coffee on her new clean blouse, and only slightly red, sweaty and out of breath. Of course, no sooner had she sat down than her stomach loudly protested its missed meal. Oh, today is gonna be an awesome day, her inner voice mocked. What's next?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well, judging from the crowd outside the door, the professor is AWOL too. Good, "technically" you're not late. Still, there is that annoyance of having run and not needed to.

There's a glowing blue sign hovering next to a bulletin board near your classroom. Transition Terminal Repairs Today, 8AM to 6PM. Don't Panic.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Panic, she read, her eyebrow quirked. That's a lovely sentiment. I suppose "Transition Terminal" is part of that subways-run-by-magic-creatures thing. I wonder how bad it is. She scans the small group of fellow science geeks to see if any of them seem to either be out of sorts or to notice the sign.

Between Morrigan's social nature and the miniscule size of the graduate biochem department, it wasn't difficult to know pretty much everyone in the class. She turned to the chattiest-cathy among them, a tall Indian man named Krishanu, and joked, Figures I ran all the way here and Dr. Park's not in. How long are we going to wait for him? Cuz I'd kill for breakfast right about now. I wonder if...nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the prof is late when the magic-subway is out. Or maybe magic-subway being out knocks not-magic-subway out? They can't be the same thing. Right? I can't imagine the mayor meeting with goblins and trolls.... She chats amicably with Krishanu for a few minutes, waiting for Dr. Park to show or not show, or for some sign that someone else noticed the sign.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I don't know, I keep forgetting to check my student email. I sure hope class is cancelled, I have a lab that needs finishing."
Sadly, it's not. Dr. Park comes in 5 minutes later, mildly out of breath and angry looking. Maybe someone stole his precious guaranteed parking spot or something. The door is unlocked, opening your way to a wonderful world of education(with a high probability of nap-inducing boring as well).
Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Looks like I wasn't the only one having problems this morning. I wonder if the news...the 'muggle news', that is...that is what that internet search had called non-magic people, right? Not that I understand why there would be such a word on the internet.... Whatever, anyway, I wonder if the muggle news has anything on the subways being down. That would, logically, be the best way to figure out if the magic and muggle subways are connected. It would really suck if eveyone's trans--...transit. Transition. Transition means ... hmmm. I had trouble with the transition between awake and asleep and awake again... Okay, can it, Morrigan. You're way beyond wild theories here. Figure it out after class.

With a wry smile at Krishanu, she heads in to the classroom and takes her seat, pulling laptop and notebook from her bag. She frowns in a so-this-is-how-my-day-is-going sort of way when she can't find her pen. It takes her a moment to figure out that it's holding her hair back in its bun.

She spends class typing away furiously--taking time at pauses to save her work, since with the way her day was going, it was liable to disappear into the cyber-ether. The whole page was a mess of red and green squiggles under spelling and grammar mistakes. At one point, she looked back and couldn't, for the life of her, figure out what a word was supposed to be. In her notebook, she drew the complex molecular configurations that lined up with her notes.

About half-way through class, Krishanu started to snore softly. She doubt anyone else could hear him, so she prepared herself for yet another email from him asking for the notes. Oh well. She'd make him pull the weight in their lab to make up for it.

At the end of class, she nudged her friend awake as she shut down. Like normal, she went to chat with the professor. She asked a few questions--mostly to clarify the unclear or horribly butched words in her notes, but then brought the topic around to the morning's lateness. She admitted she was running late herself, then asked, "I hope nothing was wrong, sir?"

Last edited by Jai; 11-04-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: broken tags
Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Oh, just the 'layabouts'." He puts a bit of derision into this word, as if he were being very clever. "Arguing with the police about their right to park sticking out into the middle of the road. Quite a traffic jam behind them. Well, they did get hauled off, so class should be on time from now on. Provided they aren't breeding..."

His sermon about people who chug medication like water continues with impressive enthusiasm, but is suddenly cut short by him promptly being replaced by a rather well-developed oak tree. A quick look away from the bark reveals the classroom has been replaced by some sort of garden, that happens to still be in the shape and general materials of construction of said classroom. You're not entirely sure why, but at least the door still exists and the lights are still on.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
After a moment of blinking uncomprehendingly at her surroundings, Morrigan finally notices her mouth is hanging agape and snaps it shut. And Dr. Park turns into city park. ...the heck? She darts glances around her, hoping for clues. With more than a little knowledge of botany, she tries to identify all the plants around her, her mind racing with posibilities. Obviously magic. Unless I've finally lost it. No, magic is more likel--wow, when's the last time a scientist said that? Whatever, if I'm crazy, there's nothing I can do; if it's magic, then maybe I can figure things out. So, magic. It seems like alterations to the classroom, rather than some sort of teleportation. So now for the why. Is it deliberate? Accident? Part of the "transition terminal" repairs? She resolves to go to the subway to poke around just as soon as she is done with her day's work--she could get there by 4ish, that would give her a few hours before the repairs were done. Is it an illusion or a physical change in reality? With more than a little intrepidation, she gently pokes the oak tree, hoping that this is magically an oak tree and that she's not just hallucinating and poking Dr. Park.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The plants around you seem to be pretty normal. Well, aside from the fact they're growing in a room with no sunlight. The tree passes the poke test, it's a tree, and not a professor.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Hackmaster +12

Tools
User Statistics
Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai
Mind reeling, she grabs a few blades of grass and tucks them in her purse, thinking she'll pop them under a microscope later. With one last glance around, lest she have missed something, she makes for the door, standing at the threshold and peering out to see if this is an in-room issue, or if the whole building has gone ...odd.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nope, not just this room. Outside appears to be similar to the normal hallway, although with some nicely potted plants on ledges where the lockers used to be. Also, the ceiling is now glass, giving a wonderful view of a cavern ceiling very high above you, as well as several lovely crystals hanging from it shedding a warm but diffuse glow of blues and purples over the area.

A sign on the wall notes this to be an indoor nature preserve of some type. Ask them about their rates for educational tours for schoolkids!