twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3479
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Huh? The old man says scratching his head looking towards where McBane pointed. Oh...the new guy. Yeah, the first burial on that piece of land in a few years.

His eyes squinted as Culler walked towards them. Suspicious? Yeah.. two guys in the cemetery past closing. Don't you know gates close a half hour after sundown? No ones been near that grave since the funeral 'cept that tombstone carver. Said he had to correct the date. Otherwise just a bunch no good teens run through here every night with their black clothes and mascara. They try to act all scary and evil but one night I took an old monks robe and a sickle from the tool shed...nearly scared the pants off 'em

McBane could tell the old guy wasn't a priest. More than likely an elderly caretaker for the grounds.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Spinner of Tales
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 870
Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform
McBane chuckles at the man's story about masquerading as the grim reaper. "You mentioned a tombstone carver. Did you perhaps get his name or the company he worked for? If not any details you can think of would undoubtably be very helpful."

Last edited by Klazzform; 01-25-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37
failedreality
"So Deacon.. What have you been up to..? What do you do for a normal job?"

Kyle figured small talk might take the edge off while we waited around. Not to mention that even though it might not be appropriate why not find out some more info about this guy he running around a cemetery at night with.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
No sense in standing outside. he says turning back into the chapel. I should have an invoice somewhere in the back desk. He waddles off towards another room. The room you are in now has a several pews and an altar straight ahead. Two back rooms appear to be offices of some sort.

You can hear rustling of papers and drawers closing. He comes back a minute later with a piece of paper in his left hand his right hand digging around his coat pocket . Ah here you go Jim. This should be the right name but I can't seem to find my glasses.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Spinner of Tales
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Thanks, but my name is Roger." Jim glances over the documents to see if they look official and to retrieve the name of the company that was responsible for the tombstones "alteration". "Do you mind if I keep a hold of this?" He asks looking up from the information. "Its just that the info that they put on the tombstone is still wrong and the work they did is really bad. I want to make sure my friend has a monument that he would have been proud of." He watches the old man to see if he can tell if the name slip had been an honest mistake or something more sinister. It would almost be too coincidental to be a mistake and the gun in his shoulder holster suddenly feels very heavy.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, no I'm pretty sure that's your name..Jim. he says after handing him the papers which were indeed a receipt for work done on the stone but the old man gestured to his hand hidden underneath his coat pocket.

They told me you grave robbers might be coming soon. Sent me photos and everything of the lot of ya. Said you've been killing any groundskeepers. I'm warning you I might be old but I ain't going down without a fight. See I got a gun under here and you best wait quietly while I call the police.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Spinner of Tales
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Killing groundskeepers?" McBane laughs. "You heard about any groundskeepers being killed around here lately? Let alone graves being robbed?" He pockets the papers. "Look mister, I don't know who's been feeding you this nonsense, but if I was going to rob any graves, I would have done it by now and I sure wouldn't have come knockin' on your door in the middle of the night to ask permission. Now I don't need any trouble and I doubt you want to loose your job over my friends tombstone being vandalized on your watch, so how about I just turn around and walk out of here? We can just forget the whole thing. I'll call the tombstone company in the morning and we can straighten the whole thing out."
Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Dance is what Dance does

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
"So Deacon.. What have you been up to..? What do you do for a normal job?"

"P.I." Deacon whispers, his eyes never leaving the groundskeeper.

As they entered the chapel, Culler silently slid in behind the McBane and the graveyard attendant. He studiously examined the buildings interior even as he casually listened to the two men converse. This man seems a bit...touchy. Maybe it comes with the age. He wasn't quite ready for the old man's revelation of knowledge. While he was taken aback, his mind seemed to process several bits of information at once.

So they sent him our pictures. Which means they are already watching for us. Which means they've been here. Which means they will possibly be a step ahead of us.

We could knock him out now and take the pictures as evidence. If that gun pops out, I'll dodge left and catch him in the side. He's probably a bit slow with a weapon. McBane could even deck him with a right hook.

Maybe we should wait for the police. I've got some friends there that could help write us off. If he gets that gun out, McBane just might eat it. What an idiot.

There was little Deacon could do for now except see if McBane's smooth talking could help calm the tension.

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
The old man seemed confused. He wanted to believe the story. Well, how'd I know what crazy folk would do? he said in response to the line about asking for permission about robbing graves.

The groundskeeper backed away cautiously while grabbing sheets of paper. He then tossed them lightly to McBane. See there. Wanted posters and your mug is right smack on it Mister. Came through the fax not but a few hours ago.

Upon closer inspection the photo revealed on all three men present the clothes or at least the shirt and any accessories they might have had on that day were in the photo.

Last edited by Anael; 01-30-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Spinner of Tales
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Wow." McBane studies the pictures before passing them to Deacon. "Look man." He says to the groundskeeper. "Like I said, we don't want any trouble. I don't know why our faces are on these posters, but believe me, it freaks me out just as much as you. We'll just be leaving now." He motions to Deacon and Kyle to follow as he backs out of the front door.

Once outside he hightails it out of the graveyard, pausing at the street to peer around for anything that looks suspicious before turning to his companions (parked cars with people inside, people walking the street at night, etc...).

"So what do you guys make of that?" He asks, gesturing to the papers in Deacon's hands. "Just like the wild west, huh?" He grins. "I wonder what the bounty on our heads is."
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
McBane calls the old mans bluff and flees so much without a shot fired. Odds are he didn't have a gun but that didn't really matter anymore at this point. The streets were quiet as Jim scoured the surroundings. No real signs of danger. A homeless man lists aimlessly underneath a streetlamp prattling on and complaining to it. The way to his car is free and clear. Looking back tells that the old man had not given chase; him calling the cops was a different beast altogether.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37
failedreality
Kyle stands in amazement with the others and is in a bit of shock after seeing his photo on a wanted posted.
"Uh, I'm not sure I want to know what the bounty is. I do know that we need to be careful if this is coming over the wire. What should I do about work, I bet they will be trying to call the radio's to see if I answer."

Kyle in disbelief stands and just looks around at the other two hoping for some insight.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Dance is what Dance does

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
It seemed that McBane's smooth talking saved their skins, and for that Deacon was thankful. Still he was annoyed that the man had gotten them into trouble in the first place. He pondered whether to keep the man at a distance despite the clues that were gained from the dilemma. With grace he bowed out alongside the other two men and booked it from the scene.

At Jim's comment, Deacon shook his head with a scowl attached to his face. "Idiot. You should know better than to make our presence known in such a way." He sighed, going once again over the papers in hand. "At least we've got some leads. And some warning." Deacon's expression changed into that of confusion as Kyle spoke up. :Are you police? Or medic perhaps? More than likely you should at least call in to see what you can clear up. You don't seem to have much to lose by asking. In the mean time, let me see if I can reach any of my contacts within the law enforcement." His cellphone was already in hand as he continued on. "In the mean time, it hasn't gotten too late, and the docks seem to be the next objective. We still have a couple of hours to blow. Let's split up and meet at the docks in 2330 hours." Deacon craned his neck intently in McBane's direction. "And stop being chatty. You'll get us killed."

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Spinner of Tales
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Hey buddy." McBane says, his face a mask of resentment. "Chatting is what I do. Its not like I revealed anything to anyone that they didn't already know and I found some valuable information that could aid us in a number of ways in the process. Besides, we outnumbered the old geezer three to one anyway, and I doubt that he had a gun in the first place. So why don't you lighten up dad."

Without waiting for a reply, McBane spins on his heel and walks to his car. Once there he gets in, lights a rare cigarette and drives off towards the dockyards.

Last edited by Klazzform; 02-04-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
The group had departed ways for a brief time. Everything moved uneventfully as they headed towards the docks.

Deacon had tried to get in touch with his contacts.
(Orange I'll need any relevant CHA rolls you want to throw my way IE Diplomacy, Bluff etc..)

Night had settled in and the docks smelled of salt water mixed with a tinge of fish. They had gathered as close to the location that they could trying not to be obvious. Only a handful of boats were still in dock. A warehouse was close by the windows boarded up.

Before anyone could react an elderly Asian man with an odd glint in his eye interrupted the trio. His skin somewhat sun and sea beaten with a golden leathery look. He had quite a muscular physique for a man his age.

Excuse me..are you police or criminal..? he made a strange face and then continued. It doesn't matter... Masaki the man in charge here.. he says pointing to himself. Hey! Did you know that my nephew was arrested for sitting on the toilet?! Yeah, cops say he assaulted the toilet..Get it..ass-aulted..Masaki emphasized the last word. Whatever, Masaki has to get back to his evening run. Have to keep the body super sexy for the ladies.. he starts to jog off while making his voice as womanly as possible begins a chorus of "Oh, Masaki you so sexy.."