RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 27th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7133
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
@Insacrum- Due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to finish my app in time. So, unfortunately, I have to withdraw. Was looking forward to seeing what you thought.
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10638
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
@Tales: She is pure mortal... I don’t see her being much of a patron. Not saying that she can’t. That being the case, feel free to make your own flavor.

@lydklein: Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by Insacrum; Nov 27th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 09:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Name: Daradukk
Race: Orc
Class: ConquestPaladin
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Mechanical Background: From Ghosts of SaltmarshSmuggler
Appearance: Image
Personality: Daradukk considers himself the strong silent type. He values action over words and thoughts before actions. He loathes weakness - including mental weakness - in others and himself. He loathes and despises the pink even more.

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Tales Tales Tales
Thank you for your answers. I have another one for you: How do you feel about an abyssal tiefling? It is included in an UA article.

Old Nov 28th, 2020, 03:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
@Tales: I would suggest looking into the official versions of the alternative Teiflings in Mordenkainens tome of foes. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I think those are mostly reprints of those UA ones.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3590
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insacrum View Post
@Tales: I would suggest looking into the official versions of the alternative Teiflings in Mordenkainens tome of foes. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I think those are mostly reprints of those UA ones.
Eh, I have time so I figure I should go ahead and make this info easily available for everyone;

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Pg. 21-23Tiefling Subraces:

Asmodeus:The tieflings connected to Nessus command the power of fire and darkness, guided by a keener than normal intellect, as befits those linked to Asmodeus himself. Such tieflings use the Ability Score Increase and Infernal Legacy traits in the Player's Handbook.

Baalzebul:The crumbling realm of Maladomini is ruled by Baalzebul, who excels at corrupting those whose minor sins can be transformed into acts of damnation. Tieflings linked to this archdevil can corrupt others both physically and psychically.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma score increases by 2, and your Intelligence score increases by 1.

Legacy of Maladomini - You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the ray of sickness spell as a 2nd-Level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the crown of madness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Dispater:The great city of Dis occupies most of Hell's second layer. It is a place where secrets are uncovered and shared wiht the highest bidder, making tieflings tied to Dispater excellent spies and infiltrators.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Dexterity Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Dis - You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the disguise self spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the detect thoughts spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Fierna:A master manipulator, Fierna grants tieflings tied to her forceful personalities.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Wisdom Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Phlegethos - You know the friends cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the charm person spell as a 2nd-Level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the suggestion spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Glasya:Glasya, Hell's criminal mastermind, grants her tieflings magic that is useful for committing heists.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Dexterity Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Malbolge - You know the minor illusion cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the disguise self spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the invisibility spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Levistus:Frozen Stygia is ruled by Levistus, an archdevil known for offering bargains to those who face an inescapable doom.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Constitution Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Stygia - You know the ray of frost cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Armor of Agathys spell as a 2nd-Level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Mammon:The great miser Mammon loves coins above all else. Tieflings tied to him excel at gathering and safeguarding wealth.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Intelligence Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Minauros - You know the mage hand cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Tenser's Floating Disk spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Arcane Lock spell once with this trait, requiring no material component, and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Mephistopheles:In the frozen realm of Cania, Mephistopheles offers arcane power to those who entreat with him. Tieflings linked to him master some arcane magic.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Intelligence Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Cania - You know the mage hand cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Burning Hands spell as a 2nd-Level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Flame Blade spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Zariel:Tieflings with a blood tie to Zariel are stronger than the typical tiefling and receive magical abilities that aid them in battle.

Ability Score Increase - Your Charisma Score increases by 2, and your Strength Score increases by 1.

Legacy of Avernus - You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Searing Smite spell as a 2nd-Level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Branding Smite spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Tales Tales Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliq0770 View Post
Eh, I have time so I figure I should go ahead and make this info easily available for everyone;
Thank you. That was very kind of you.

Insacrum: There is a chapter on the Abyss in there, but nothing about Tieflings from it, so I think I will settle for a Tiefling, indebted to Levistus.
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Tales: Go for it!
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tales View Post
Thank you. That was very kind of you.

Insacrum: There is a chapter on the Abyss in there, but nothing about Tieflings from it, so I think I will settle for a Tiefling, indebted to Levistus.
No worries! Happy to help!
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 09:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@everyone,

With the deadline for apps fast approaching, I would like to wish everyone the best of luck getting in to this game. I really do not envy @Insacrum in making this choice because you all are really talented writers. Regardless of who makes it into the game, I hope that I have the opportunity to either play with, or DM for, each of you in the future.

Best wishes,
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 12:46 AM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7000
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Seconded! Good luck everyone!
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 06:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
A little under 19 hours to go (I hope no one was confused). Exciting times!!!
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Tales Tales Tales
Application: Laban Maverick
right-aligned image
Name: Laban Maverick

Race: Tiefling of Levistus

Class: Warlock

Alignment: Neutral Evil (The evil lies in his sinister streak, his affiliation with Levistus and the want to remove the race of men and their allies from the world)

Mechanical Background: Spy (criminal contact)

Appearance: A pale man in loose robes and with a haughty, aloof expression on his sharp-drawn face. A neatly trimmed goatee and mustache surround his half-open mouth with slender lips and slightly pointy teeth. His hair is jet black and tied up in a thick ponytail making a softer backdrop for his two ivory-colored horns protruding from his scalp. Two golden orbs hang from his earlobes, glinting in the light. Whenever possible, he cleans his clothes and keeps weapons and equipment well oiled and cleansed. There is always a faint fragrance of fresh air around him, even when tobacco smoke and chef’s charcoal steak fill the tavern where he rests.

Personality: Laban is a proud man. Proud of his work, his abilities, his accomplishments, the fact that some great entity has reached out for him, and even proud that he managed to leverage himself out of death, through a bargain with Levistus. This makes him often come off as haughty and egocentric, but he is in fact very aware that he needs allies and comrades to achieve his goals. He works in the shadows and knows how to play those he works together with better. While he does not publicly speak about anyone’s advantages, he is often more aware of their forces and potential, than they are themselves.

7 Step Background:

Step 1: Laban was conceived by a whore in Baldur’s Gate and despite her grief that he was abnormal and not human, there was still a bond that made her deliver him to an orphanage, rather than outright taking him to the church and thereby sentencing him to death.

He grew up as an urchin in Baldur’s Gate and soon became appreciated for his streetsmart skills and way with the people in the slums, so he became an errand runner for the mercenary group: The Flaming Fists

The Flaming Fists was a stepping stone for a plethora of jobs involving subterfuge, interrogation, blackmailing, thieving, intimidation, torture, and even a few hit jobs. It was also during his time here, where he felt the turmoil of his arcane blood stir and he discovered that he harnessed the power of magic, to some extent.

Through his work against the Zentarim, he becomes caught and swiftly sentenced to death. He sits in a prison watching them prepare the ritual for his death when he, half beaten to death and only half mentally existing, pleads to the creators of his race to find a way out of his execution. His pleading is heard by Levistus himself who promises the power to flee, in exchange for unwavering allegiance to Levistus cause. Laban accepts and soon finds himself growing in size and strength, bursting chains and stone imprisonment around him, then taking wings to swoop out of the encampment and away from his doom. Since then, he has felt the need to abide by commands from Levistus and his messengers.

As he came of age, the inhabitants of Baldur’s Gate - and any other settlement he visited - became louder in their accusations and their hostility towards him. He became an outcast and started living a haunted life, taking jobs through message networks and anonymous inquiries.

Step 2: Laban wants to leverage the support he feels from both Levistus and the unknown entity to make sure that the revenge against mankind and their allies will be swift and fierce.

I want Laban to discover more of his bond with Levistus and I look forward to work out a balance between that goal and the cooperation between my fellow players’ characters.

Step 3:

Step 4: Ally, Criminal contact: Radium Canystra, another tiefling doing much the same as Laban, but having succeeded in rising high in the hierarchy of the local nobles, thereby having great power to get his messages and goods sent all over the area.

Friend, Bard: Shafira Larkstrum, a God-blessed half-elf singer and musician traveling the world and learning lore and tales from afar. When they meet, it is an intimate relationship they celebrate. Much like brother and sister.

Enemy, Zentarim Officer: Ewok Zorbelshaft: Ewok was once captain, but was degraded by his incompetence when Laban took flight with a whole bunch of Zentarim secrets. Now he maniacally seeks his former prisoner to get revenge and make it right again.

Step 5: The memory of his short-spanned Demon-like strength and giant black wings of death and incredible speed stands clear to this day, for Laban. If only he can find a way to achieve such powers again...

Laban’s hatred for humans, elves and other pure-bread pink races have him loving to humiliate them at any given chance. Death is an option, but close to death plus humiliation is even better.

Laban has a way to point out the obvious for people. It can be annoying, but he rarely cares if people find him annoying anyway.

Step 6:
Personality Trait: Laban is always pursuing the next step towards greater power and better insight

Bond: Laban is forever bound to Levistus.

Ideal: Half of his life, Laban has lived in fear and under oppression. The other half will circulate around paying it back. Tenfold.

Flaw: The tension of the hatred towards ‘pinks’ can sometimes make Laban oversee common sense and make hasty, often violent, conclusions.

Step 7: Imprisonment. Laban does not trust his master to grant him another option to come free. (Afraid)

High Society. There are snakes everywhere and what is worse: Most of them are ‘pinks’. (Afraid)

Levistus is growing stronger. Once he has broken free of his imprisonment, the surge of power will be constant (Hope)

The fact that there is someone leading an assault against the oppressing class of ‘pinks’; combined with the fact that some greater power is drawing Laban there, is a sign from the Nine Hells (Hope).

Last edited by Tales; Nov 29th, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Just to let everyone know, Sorry has withdrawn Wappa from the application process via PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Undead and Lovin' It

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2632
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
@Sorry -- I see how it is. You tease us with a glorious character like Woppa only to leave us wanting in the end. You are an absolute fiend. But joke's aside, I look forward to crossing paths with you in the future, Sorry! Happy gaming!!

@Everyone -- Even though Reliq0770 said it best, I'm too hyped not to say anything myself while the deadline is less than ten hours away! You guys are killer writers with fantastic concepts, and I have just been salivating at every new entry. I can only imagine what kind of dark deals Insacrum will have to make to figure out who to choose.

Without a doubt, it was a blast whipping up a character to match the creativity here, and while I have no clue if I'll get in, I definitely hope I'll wind up crashing the same Game Thread with each of you in the future. Good luck and happy gaming!!