Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Haraelwen
New Player

Hiya! I've played a bit of 5e tabletop D&D as well as done some roleplaying via online RP-dedicated servers on MMORPGs (mostly D&D-related there, too), but I tend to freeze up in instantaneous fast-paced RP scenarios when I pick characters outside of my comfort zone.

In an attempt to challenge myself a bit, I'm here to try out the slightly less stressful play-by-post method of RPing, with diverse characters I'd like to learn more about (personality-wise and game mechanics-wise). I hope I can learn from the experience and the other players!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:04 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54328
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Welcome!

You've come to the right place to play stress-free gaming! I think it's a great place to stretch yourself, and try out those ideas you might not do at a tabletop.

Here's to having fun!
Old 01-13-2019, 02:22 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17832
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Haraewen,

- sounds like an Elven name ;-) -

That is a very good reason to try out play by post by learning to cope with a freeze-situation the moment your character gets out of their comfort zone. This setting (and to be fair the entire site) is really the opposite of stressful, you have time to write a post and time to edit, think and rewrite. Your chosen system to use, 5E is really popular as well so there are a lot of games waiting for you and being new and all I can recommend requesting a solo game. (link is in my signature) Despite you already knowing the mechanics it can be nice to get a private DM guiding you with the basics of play by post while being in an adventure.

Anyway, welcome here and I hope you have fun. Feel free to ask questions if you have them
Old 01-13-2019, 05:18 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2392
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site!

I see Choc beat me to recommending the NPSG, so please allow me to echo their recommendation and also suggest the new player guides which are likewise linked in my signature
Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4480
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Welcome!

This is a stress free zone for sure! It's nice to sit and think about how you want to respond to the DM post or another player's post. Sometimes you wait too long and another player posts, then you have to rethink your response! It's all good though. Responding to multiple posts in one is great RP!

Have fun and I'll see you around the forums.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2779
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Hi Haraewen,

Welcome! To echo others, this is definitely stress-free (unless you're down to one HP and staring at a vampire, but I digress). The pace is easy here, the people are friendly, and there are lots of great games to explore. Let us know if you need anything as you're getting settled in.

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 01-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Haraelwen
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!
(Indeed, my screen name is an Elvish-sounding name on purpose hahaha )

I'll definitely get started ASAP and, again, really appreciate the hellos and recommendations.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12659
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Let me just say we're a lot more than just PbP. We have advice sections for both players and GMs. We have more forum games than you can shake a stick at. We even have a dedicated creative writing wing called the library.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.