Other SWN:R Thora Alpha: An unexpected adventure - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 3 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Thofed Thofed Thofed Thofed Thofed
Looks good, Did you get all three of your foci in? I see tinker and I presume sniper (for partial warrior he as the shoot skill)

You get one foci to start, one for partial expert (non-combat), and one for partial warrior (combat). With your initial one you can choose any including one of the ones you already have through your adventurer class (to upgrade to level 2)

Last edited by Thofed; Oct 13th, 2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Insane Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 754
HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thofed View Post
Looks good, Did you get all three of your foci in? I see tinker and I presume sniper (for partial warrior he as the shoot skill)

You get one foci to start, one for partial expert (non-combat), and one for partial warrior (combat). With your initial one you can choose any including one of the ones you already have through your adventurer class (to upgrade to level 2)
Thanks for clarifying that. I picked up gunslinger foci for partial warrior instead (I see him more as using pistols). Tinker for partial expert and wanderer for starting foci... gives the survival skill -0.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 04:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Got it! Looks great then and I agree I think the foci you chose definitely fit with the character concept you have!
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wrote a little something to give some more flavor to Jorg in the Ran system. Depending on what the PCs decide this may or may not come up in their travels, but is a little part of the system. Hope you enjoy (putting in spoiler in main thread as well).

A day on Jorg Blue neon begins to light up the tan fog as music begins to overtake the sound of the swirling wind in a static filled crescendo. As the vehicle skids to a stop, the blue sign flickers “Danbury Brothers Geobiology, a Deep Quarry City Venture.” The vehicle shudders and lowers itself to the ground, laying down in a puff of fine dust.

Inside a female voice intones “Seismic activity... nominal.
Last seismic event... twenty-seven minutes.
Atmosphere... mineral enriched.”

With a few flicks of a gloved hand flood lights erupt around the bus sized box of a vehicle. The operator, a scraggly bearded man, checks over a few gauges before standing ”Lucky we made it here so quick, haven’t seen one this fresh in a long while”

Walking over to the airlock he hefts a worn vac suit. As he dons the heavy supplied air he freezes inspecting the air tube. ”I’m starting to think you were right, I may need to invest in one of them filter contraptions. These air bottles are becoming more of a pain in my backside than they are worth’. He finishes looking past the various rock samples to an empty bunk. Patching the tube with some adhesive tape, he opens the airlock.

The suit squeezes against him as it battles the outside pressure, Wiping the dust from his helmet, the man looks up to the gaseous fountain of blue reaching toward the sky only partially obscured by the fog. Looking back to the ground he slowly starts to drag his feet toward the pillar.

Not more than twenty meters from the ship he sees the first one. A human figure standing like a statue on the top of a hill. He crouches, looking slowly left and right. Clenching his jaw to activate the radio he reports “Identify one Petra, too soon to be from this event I presume” he clenches his transmission complete and stands awkwardly under the weight of compressed air.

He reaches his destination and stops, the ground gaping open twenty meters ahead. The blue gas is already thinning as it slowly rises from the dark hole. He gently sets his tool bag on the ground and fiddles with the clasp before producing a small contraption. Ha few taps on his wrist and it buzzes to life, rising on delicate wings. "Beginning collection"

The drone bobs a couple times against a gust before zipping off, dissapearing into the blue. It’s gone for a few moments when a deep rumble shakes the ground. The man turns to run, leaving his tools behind as a fresh geyser of blue erupts from the the hole. Sprinting as his suit hugs him, cracks start to form under his feet. The drone watches, waiting for a command as the earth begins to fall away, chasing the man...

Last edited by Thofed; Oct 14th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread