RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4249
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Trying to crowdsource NPCs.

I'm planning to run a short Dresden Files game in which the party and various other supernatural entities are presented with a list of enemies that a powerful supernatural force would like eliminated but hasn't had the opportunity to remove yet. (Sorry to be so vague about it, but I don't know if any of the players might stumble across this post.) Anyone who can take out one of the thorns in the side of their patron would be rewarded handsomely with a big influx of capital so there should be a bit of competition to get to the targets first. Though the targets might be good, evil or indifferent and the party might try to save some of them as well.

I've come up with a few ideas for potential victims/bounties but I want to have quite a few options available and I was hoping to use the collective creativity on this site to crowdsource NPC ideas. The targets can be pretty much anyone or anything, they don't need to be powerful but eliminating them shouldn't be a trivial matter. I'm not asking for stats but general character concepts would be great.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56992
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Are you asking for things like:

Eliminate the mayor of Orland Park, because he is doing X, Y or Z?

or more

Eliminate the werewolf that runs the tire repair store in Homan Square?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Either works, but I'm looking more for help with the reason why a powerful supernatural entity wants this guy dead but couldn't or didn't take care of it for themself.

I've got a few ideas already and I plan to solicit player suggestions but I'm trying to make a big list. Enough for the PCs to be concerned with keeping a few of them alive or racing to get to the easy ones before other potential bounty hunters get to them.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36045
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Dresden Files games usually have at least one spellcaster. When the caster was first learning magick, a spell went awry. It somehow disrupted a minor meeting between members of the Winter and Summer Courts.
Now a rep from each have been tasked with creating apt punishment for whomever caused the disruption.

They each have different ways of tracking, and ideas on punishment.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36045
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
A deranged shapeshifter infiltrated a vampire coven, convinces them that a PC is a rogue werewolf. The vampires had lost one of their own to a lupine attack and want vengeance. Bad times ensue for the PCs.

Fun fact - the shapeshifter killed the vamp. He's doing this because he just likes when vamps and wolves fight for real, like they do in the movies.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
Interesting ideas but I'm not really looking for plot hooks, just ideas for NPCs who'd be on a BBEG's to-do list. I've got a few already, including at least one of the PCs, but I'm trying to fill out the list with a lot of options to either target or protect from other bounty hunters.

For instance "The deranged shapeshifter, because he is inciting a fight between the wolves and vamps needs to be eliminated, but because of a complication, such as nobody knows who he is it's not going to be easy. That's why it's still on the to-do list and worth a large sum of money to the first bounty hunter to bring proof they took him out."

Maybe not so formulaic but I'm trying to get some options for quantity at first, I can flesh out options as players focus on them or not. But for the most part I imagine these characters will be left as hanging threads to come back to or used as bait to lure other bounty hunters away from their intended prey. I've been statting up rival bounty hunters to have a large list on that side as well but ideas for more wouldn't hurt either.