RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Hermetic Magic can't detect demons since it is in their essential nature to deceive.

However as a necessary consequence Demon's Eternal Oblivion doesn't need you to know that someone is a demon in order for you to cast it on them.

Still working on things. I was away from my computer for a few days but things are coming along.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
callen95
Ya, there is no definitive way to detect demons without some Divine magic or Sense Holiness/Unholiness. You can try DEO, but maybe the target pretends to get hurt or teleports away to make you think it was destroyed. You can try dispelling infernal stuff, but you don't know if an effect was created by a demon or a sorcerer or something.

Looks like we have 5 magi now, so not nearly the earlier worries with only 3.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
callen95
I hadn't seen the dice roller here before. It's nice to have it embedded in the message instead of elsewhere, even if elsewhere is on site.

Dice simple die with bonus:
d10+6 (9)+6 Total = 15

Dice stress die with bonus:
d10+3scl1cx50 (10 (natural 10))+3   Total = 13

Dice 15 botch dice:
15d10smh10 8 ✘, 10 ✔, 3 ✘, 4 ✘, 1 ✘, 9 ✘, 6 ✘, 7 ✘, 9 ✘, 2 ✘, 7 ✘, 5 ✘, 7 ✘, 2 ✘, 10 ✔ (2/15) Total = 90

Took me a moment to figure out the bonus on the stress die has to get attached before the rest of the code. Now I have to see if I can get the final number doubling appropriately for the stress die, because right now it gives you the rolls without the correct total once the first 1 has been rolled. But at least you can see the pieces to recalculate when rolling a 1.

I did also notice short-hand requests. So it might be possible to get a short-hand request that handles all of this in one for stress dice.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
OK, I'm going to bring people into the game threads. I have game thread 0.1 up. It explains how you go where you are and starts you more or less in medias res. I will keep things mechanics light until late next week/early the week after at the least so people can get their mechanics figured out. Feel free to post IC and talk among yourselves until everyone has their mechanics in.

Everyone can consider themselves accepted at this time.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
You all should have gotten a PM with a link to the game.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
PoohPuss
Room for another player?

Is there a player-slot open? If so I'd very much like to take part in this campaign.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PoohPuss
I'm working on a character concept for a proper application as there seems to be one more character-slot in the participation-matrix in OP. It takes me a little while because I haven't played Arts for a long time. I'm using Metacreator to help me along so I aim to have a concept going properly somewhere during the next two days.

So far I got this
Character House: to be decided
Birth Place: to be decided
Parens' Tribunal: to be decided
Magical Specialty: To be decided
Character Areas of Interest: to be decided

Some questions in the meantime (assuming I'm welcome):
1. What is the most common tongue spoken amongst the magi in the Transylvanian tribunal?
2. Do they use Latin for hermetic pursuits like their western brethren?
3. What is the Transylvanian tongue spoken amongst the mundanes?
4. Assuming I've grown up semi-sheltered in a covenant, would Latin be an appropriate native tongue?
5. If I have the Learn by Mistakes mastery for a spell and I roll a botch on the spellcasting roll, but the mastery-value reduce the botch-die to zero, do I still get the mastery-induced xp?
6. Will a spell mastery reduce botch-die of finesse-rolls required for the successful execution of that spell like if does for the spellcasting-roll?

Last edited by PoohPuss; 04-22-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Game started and I have 4 players. Probably not accepting new players. I would have to see what the troupe thinks of any new adds.

1. There are a lot of languages in Transylvania. Bulgarian, Croatian, a few more.
2. Yes, Thebes is the one that uses classical greek. I think there is something about Hibernia using gaelic.
3. See #1 but the covenant is technically in modern day Croatia. I don't know where that boarder is in period since those two have a long history of horribly murdering each other.
4. No one will ever say yes to this.
5. No, rolling a 0 is not a botch unless your actually roll the next 0, no botch dice= no botch= no XP
6. No, that isn't how mastery works. There is a mastery ability to add mastery to finesse, like there is for Penetration (I think it's a bit worse since it's how many times you take that ability, not you take the ability and then get all your mastery.)
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PoohPuss
Thanks for the answer. Please let me know if you decide to give me a try