RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Another Day
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-19-2019
RPXP: 3648
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,132
Good Morning

Sunrise
The North Khan fought the sun with the smoke of a hundred fires. Scents both sweet and savory rose with the acrid trails, each billowing pit carefully tended by one of the most valued members of a caravan -- the cook. Many cooks, indeed, could be said to justify that value far more than others, but as the perennial light of day won the war against the darkness, the smell of breakfast -- good or bad -- awakened all within the Khan.

It was another day. It was time to resume life.

No matter the reason you are here, as all sorts of animals and cargo begin to be put in order for the road, you rise to join Master Ilha Vassan's caravan. By the standards of this Khan it is middling, with one a few tons of goods and thirty crew members. Whatever your upbringing, after you contracted with the caravan last night, you slept with the rest of the crew upon the ground. Or, perhaps, if you were woefully unprepared or simply drastically unused to such conditions, you did not sleep. Either way, another day is here, and life demands to be lived.

It appears that your lot of misfits were sent to the same fire. Coals are still there, but it's obvious the other workers have not at all cared to build a fire for you. Your weight is expected to be pulled one way or the other, whether by labor or by lining the right pockets. The city in the distance never truly sleeps, but you are several hours journey beyond the northern walls, so it is merely a vague monstrosity in the distance. The day itself appears to be clear, with a rich gold fading to blue at the fringes as it begins.

Rest or no rest, the night is over and with the world springing to life at once around you, you too rise to start another day.

OOC
As the intro stated, the city in question is Sharn.
__________________
Games I DM:Doors & Another Day

Business as Usual, Posting Normal

Last edited by Alphaeus; 02-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:53 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 17417
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 3,403
A Morning like Any Other
right-aligned image

Rissi had been up late, watching the stars, and awoken long before dawn, as was her usual routine. Her griffon, Sterope, woke to keep watch for the few hours she slept but returned to her slumber for the rest of the night. Thanks to the ring on her right hand, Rissi barely needed any sleep and could skip meals as often as she liked. While she enjoyed good food, most days she went without, opting instead to use the extra time to walk the streets, to be seen, to bless and to heal, and to spread word of her goddess.

Before the sky began to lighten, she had sat down at Sterope's side to commune with her familiar. Just like every other morning, the tiny scorpion crawled out of its satchel, up the arm of her robe, and settled in under her hood, plunging its stinger into her neck, and just like every other morning, a feeling of euphoria rushed through the witch's body. For the next hour, Rissi sat unmoving, preparing for the day.

When she finished, the scorpion returned to its satchel and the ratfolk began tending to Sterope. Grooming her fur and checking her plumage took no small amount of time, followed by maneuvering the large caparison, saddle, and saddlebags into place. Rissi preferred to do this before others woke, or somewhere out of sight, as it wasn't the most dignified sight to behold. "Are you comfortable, girl?" she asked when everything was in place. Sterope responded by nudging her head into Rissi's chest, nearly knocking the ratfolk over, then chirped and began sniffing at Rissi's haversack. "Okay, okay, but we're going to try to do some hunting, I only have so much food for you." She pulled out a carefully-wrapped slab of meat and tossed it to Sterope, who greedily devoured it.

When the others began to rise, they found Sterope and Rissi both garbed in their signature purple and gold garments, and Rissi with her white porcelain mask in place. She was currently seated on the ground, leaning back against Sterope's side, working on a
Dice Artistry:
1d20+15 (20)+15 Total = 35
charcoal image of an eagle eye's view of a caravan, with Sharn looming in the distance. She looked up as the first people approached and greeted them with a warm smile. As soon as everyone was awake, she would start distributing her blessings.


 

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-10-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:47 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 931
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 843
Nathaniel Grimm, MD
right-aligned image
Nathaniel awakens at dawn, as would be traditional for him, even with the change in circumstances. Stretching, he noted the dying coals, unconcerned for the lack of heat due to his extraplanar heritage. He only slept a few hours that night, and never really ate meals anymore, so he wasn't terribly concerned about it. Rising, he only went to bed in his undergarments and he doesn't move to dress quite yet.

He cleared his bedroll's space, packing away his equipment before he began his morning calisthenics routine. Thirty minutes of physical exercise pass, and he wipes himself down of sweat and cleans up before dressing. He combs his hair, and then shaves last, handling the straight razor with precision before putting it away.

Up until that point, he largely ignored everyone around him unless they go out of their way to bother him. After dressing, he will look over the rest of the group before sighing.

"Good morning." he addresses Rissi, sitting down nearby but out of reach of her mount. "Fascinating drawing." he comments. "Your attention to detail is impressive."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:23 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 17417
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 3,403
A Morning like Any Other
right-aligned image

Rissi looked up when Nathaniel approached and quickly took in the Tiefling's carefully-kept appearance. He didn't appear to be overly strong but moved with practiced ease and had an intelligence behind his eyes that was difficult to miss. "Good morning," she said in return. "That's very kind of you to say. I spend a lot of time in the air and love the different perspective it offers. I enjoy putting the sights I see to paper and sharing them with the world. You can sit by me if you would like to see it more clearly, "she said, reaching up to run her fingers through the griffon's feathers. "Sterope is an absolute sweetheart. At least, as long as I'm around," she added with a chuckle. "Really though, she loves to be pampered, and won't harm anyone unless I tell her to, or they try to hurt us first. Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Rissi. I imagine we might be seeing a bit of each other over the coming days." She stood and waved a hand, magically dusting herself off, then offered a handshake to Nathaniel.


 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:53 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 931
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 843
Dr. Nathaniel Grimm
right-aligned image
Returning the handshake, Nathaniel shifted to be a bit closer and looked over the drawing. Rissi will note as he leans over to look that on top of his well-groomed appearance he smells slightly like amber and rosewood (a somewhat popular perfume from hot-temperature climates).

"Griffons are rare creatures, and expensive to raise." he comments. "Sterope, is it?" he asks. "She's quite the specimen. I have studied some diagrams from my library, but they don't do the creatures justice." he frowns. "I can set her broken bones and treat maladies, but I hope that we don't have to come to that."

"Allow me to clarify." he adds. "I am Nathaniel Grimm. I am a physician and royal surgeon."

He notes the robes and mask,
Dice K:Religion:
1d20+15 (18)+15 Total = 33
Dice inspiration:
1d6 3
making a mental note of it."Hmm." he murmurs. "So as to not be rude, may I ask your species? If we travel together, I'd like to make sure I'm able to treat your injuries."

Last edited by Runetide; 02-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:13 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 17417
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 3,403
A Morning like Any Other
right-aligned image

When their hands clasped, Rissi's eyes twinkled in delight and a slight Soothsayer + Fortune + Protective Lucksensation of warm passed over Nathaniel. "My apologies, I know that can feel strange. I'm something of a good luck charm, I think you'll find a few things going your way today."

Rissi tilted her head as she listened to Nathaniel speak about griffons. "You seem quite well educated. You're correct, I purchased an egg and raised her myself. It was... difficult at times. She went through a rebellious phase, but we eventually reached an understanding." Sterope chirped and Rissi laughed. "Don't ever make the mistake of thinking I own her. We're partners. Friends."

Her eyes lit up when he spoke of treating the griffon and introduced himself as a physician. "Oh, that's wonderful. I specialize in healing as well, both magical and mundane. I certainly hope neither of us has to operate on the other, but perhaps we could learn a little from each other. I've never worked with a royal surgeon before." When he asked her race, she lowered her hood and allowed her tail to swing free from her robes, but kept the mask in place. "No offense taken. I'm a ratfolk, as you can see. So, Nathaniel, what brings you to this caravan? I honestly can't say, but it seems a bit beneath a physician of your station? I mean no offense, of course, I just don't know how to word it any better."


 

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-10-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:38 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 931
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 843
Doctor Grimm
right-aligned image
Nathaniel shrugs as he looks out over the area. "That's a fair question." he replies, sighing. "I'm on a sabbatical. My birth parents passed away about a year ago and I'm on leave for a while as I handled the family estate. I finished not a few weeks ago, and took the caravan heading back."

He hesitates a moment before continuing. "The caravan that got me to this juncture was a little less... eventful than the current one." he admits. "But I'm willing to do my share. Never got anywhere without putting hard work into it. As I'm sure you're aware."

Nathaniel exhibits little signs of anxiety. "How long have you been a... follower of Tsillah?" he asks casually. "The following sprang up rather recently, so I am curious to hear how such things spread."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:49 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Lord Inquisitor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-19-2019
RPXP: 5816
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 6,623
The Green Prophet
left-aligned image
right-aligned image


Wuzruz had a very eventful night that night. He spent the first couple hours conversing with his gods, his axe, and the voices in his own mind. They showed him things that may come to be, have already happened, and that were currently happening as they conversed. He then curled up alone, as most of the other caravan members were afraid of him, and slept for a time. The other orcs from his tribe had departed, but would continue spreading the word of the gods that came before, so his mission with them had come to an end. There were many other orcs in the world that could be converted, and his gods had told him that there was still much work to be done.

Wuzruz woke at the high time of the moon to howl at it for nearly an hour, before curling back up and sleeping once more. He woke early that morning and stretched his thick muscles and massive frame for the morning eating times. He then grabs the leftover meat he kept from the night before, and begins to tear uncooked pieces off of it slowly as he heads to the nearest fire. When he arrives, he notices two strange looking orcs with tales, one had fur and the other one had horns and red skin. Very odd orcs, but still orcs who went without the words of the gods that came before. He wears only some trifling, aged gear, war paints(mostly made from blood), and a great axe seeming to be made of flesh and adamantine, with multiple eyes looking every way at once. He carries the massive axe over one of his shoulders as he approaches the two orcs, one of which whom seemed to be making marks on a canvas with some charcoal.

Wuzruz stops to listen to their exchange for a moment before walking up to the two, and looking them up and down in appraisal, then he looks to the demon ork and speaks in abyssal with a somewhat sophisticated tone; "Greetings horned and red skinned orc! I am Wuzruz, the bringer of the word! I bring the word of the gods from before to the unenlightened, and I am a seasoned surgeon of the internal wombs of creatures! It is good to meet you demon orc!Fyxxdasfz tiysxw usw yxw zeassxw iyl! Xy uk nonyon, dtx ryasfxy ip dtx niyw! Xy uk ryasf dtx niyw ip dtx fiwz pyik rxpiyx di dtx osxsqaftdxsxw, usw Xy uk u zxuzisxw zoyfxis ip dtx asdxysuq nikrz ip lyxudoyxz! ad az fiiw di kxxd gio wxkis iyl!" To those that don't speak abyssal, he speaks in a horrible grating tone that seems to eat away at their souls with each word spoken in the corrupt and evil language.



ooc



 


__________________
Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live!
-In Exterminatus Extremis -

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:58 AM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 931
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 843
Dr. Nathaniel Grimm
right-aligned image
Looking up at the orc, he blinks as his eyes widen. The orc doesn't immediately smash them but instead engages in conversation.

He nods slowly as the orc manages to enunciate his vowels and consonants properly. It would be rude not to reply. He gives Rissi a glance before replying, the words rolling off his tongue as easily as his Taldan.

"Greetings, Wuzruz. My name is Nathaniel Grimm... I too am a surgeon, and a doctor, though I feel we came from vastly different schools. Your axe seems to be alive, what is it made of?Fyxxdasfz, nonyon. Kg sukx az sudtusaxq fyakk... Xy dii uk u zoyfxis, usw u wildiy, dtioft Xy pxxq nx lukx pyik buzdqg wappxyxsd zltiiqz. Gioy ucx zxxkz di rx uqabx, ntud az ad kuwx ip?"

Last edited by Runetide; 02-10-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:04 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 17417
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 3,403
A Morning like Any Other
right-aligned image

"I'm terribly sorry to hear about your parents," Rissi said with a soft smile. "I know how difficult that kind of loss can be."

She paused in thought before continuing. "I think it speaks highly of you though. Not to be too presumptuous, but it sounds like you were raised with an edge in life, but unlike many from similar circumstances I've met, you took advantage of it. Well-educated, even tempered, and not unwilling to, as you put it, do your share. That's commendable."

If the question about Tsillah caught Rissi off guard, she didn't show it. She just smiled and looked off into the distance. "The entire story is a long one. Suffice it to say I've followed her for most of my life. She took me under her wing when I was at my lowest." She paused, glanced at Nathaniel, then took a deep breath and continued. "I lost my brother. Twin brother. I wasn't doing well, but she took me in and gave me these amazing gifts." The ratfolk looked down at her hands, her gloves bearing the mark of Tsillah. "Her following spreads organically. I travel from place to place, healing the wounded and tending to the sick, just doing what I can to help people. That's all she asked of me, and I'm glad to do it. I'm also glad to know you recognized her symbol, it means I've been doing my job."

When Wuzruz approached, Rissi took him in the same as she did Nathaniel. She was surprised at the language of address he used, but slipped easily into the tongue along with Nathaniel. She had studied long and hard to learn as many languages as she could, as part of her mission as emissary of Tsillah. "Abyssal: It's nice to meet you, Wuzruz. My name is Rissi. I think it's wonderful that we three surgeons have met today, all so different yet aligned with one goal.Ad'z salx di kxxd gio, nonyon. Kg sukx az yazza. Xy dtase ad'z niswxypoq dtud nx dtyxx zoyfxisz tubx kxd diwug, uqq zi wappxyxsd gxd uqafsxw nadt isx fiuq."


 


 

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 02-10-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:37 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Lord Inquisitor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-19-2019
RPXP: 5816
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 6,623
The Green Prophet
left-aligned image
right-aligned image


Wuzruz smiles a large toothy smile at the small demon orc, before a blank look goes over his face as though he were listening to someone else speak as well. Just as quickly as he unfocused, his eyes refocus and his large toothy smile returns. The blood stains on his body seem to shift before your eyes in an inexplicable manner before he responds, in abyssal again; "I do not know what a school is demon orc. I had the memories of surgery burned into my mind many years ago.... A gift from the gods that came before!Xy wi sid esin ntud u zltiiq az wxkis iyl. Xy tuw dtx kxkiyaxz ip zoyfxyg roysxw asdi kg kasw kusg gxuyz ufi.... U fapd pyik dtx fiwz dtud lukx rxpiyx!"

Wuzruz then pulls his axe off his back and holds it out for the demon orc to see, all the eyes immediately focus on the horned one, and the axe itself speaks in a horrid alien language that you cannot understand. Wuzruz then throws it back over his shoulder and translates into abyssal; "It introduces itself as the Herald of Insanity! It says that it is made of the hardest metal and the souls of ten thousand heretics drained from the eternal plains of torment in the Far Realm. It is a product of feasting gods and terrible mutations, formed from the putrid saliva and emptied Mouth parts of the great gods from before themselves.Ad asdyiwolxz adzxqp uz dtx txyuqw ip aszusadg! ad zugz dtud ad az kuwx ip dtx tuywxzd kxduq usw dtx zioqz ip dxs dtiozusw txyxdalz wyuasxw pyik dtx xdxysuq jquasz ip diykxsd as dtx puy yxuqk. Ad az u jyiwold ip pxuzdasf fiwz usw dxyyarqx kodudaisz, piykxw pyik dtx jodyaw zuqabu usw xkjdaxw kiodt juydz ip dtx fyxud fiwz pyik rxpiyx dtxkzxqbxz. "

When the furry orc speaks, Wuzruz crouches down from his 7.5 feet of height so that he can look her in the eyes, one of his eyes focuses on her, while the other darts to stare at the horned one in a most unnerving way, he holds his hand out to shake in greeting with the small furry one before speaking; "I am glad that we all have the same goals, it is most fortunate to find others who venerate the gods from before in this way. Which of the gods from before do each of you venerate?Xy uk fquw dtud nx uqq tubx dtx zukx fiuqz, ad az kizd piydosudx di pasw idtxyz nti bxsxyudx dtx fiwz pyik rxpiyx as dtaz nug. Ntalt ip dtx fiwz pyik rxpiyx wi xult ip gio bxsxyudx?"



ooc



 


__________________
Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live!
-In Exterminatus Extremis -

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-11-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
You will be missed, #80
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3571
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 4,950
”Urgh, morning already…….” the thought materialized out of no where as Trever slipped from the world of dreams into the more mundane one of those who are actually awake. Rolling over to burry his face into the makeshift pillow that was his cloak, Trever tried to reply the good dream, and forget about the bad one. Like every other night this week, his normal dreams twisted themselves into the nightmarish hell that always ended with the same demonic crack of wood on rock.

"My beautiful Sea Sprite, where have you gone, my dear?" Trever muttered to himself, even though he knew very well his beloved ship was at the bottom of the sea. "To another day" the man concluded as he flung himself back over onto his back, and laid motionless on the ground, with his arms and legs sprawled haphazardly about.

Clad in little more then a pair of shorts, he still had a likable charm to him, despite his state of dress; or undress as it were. A scruff of black hair adorns his head in an unruly clump, which was in striking contrast to the nearly trimmed sideburns, mustache and goatee.

Continuing to lounge about long after others had begun to work, it seemed almost ridiculous that the man was still undressed, and was not aware of his surroundings.
__________________
What is going on with Master of Monster? Find out in my Monster Den
DM of Forgotten Realms Chronicles and Keep on the Shadowfell
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Runetide's Avatar
Runetide Runetide is offline
Runeforger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 931
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Posts: 843
It's DOCTOR Grimm to you...
right-aligned image

"I see." Nathaniel
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+20 (19)+20 Total = 39
Dice Inspiration:
1d6 2
says in response to Rissi's life story. "It sounds like you've repaid her investment in you, many times over." he purses his lips. "Such loyalty should be respected."

While Wuzgruz chats with Rissi, Nathaniel listens but watches the nearly naked man stumble around and eventually deposit himself on the floor.

"... Ooookay." he murmurs. Turning back to Rissi, he rejoins the conversation.

"It seems that we're getting some company, and up until a moment ago I would have found the possibility of him also being a doctor a bit... trying to say the least. Consider my horizons expanded."

He adjusts his belt. "I hope that this is the limits of our excitement today. I despise complications."

Last edited by Runetide; 02-10-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:00 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is online now
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 17417
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 3,403
A Morning Maybe Not Quite like Any Other
right-aligned image

"I don't think I can ever repay her completely, but I'm okay with that. She keeps giving me more and more gifts, and, well you know what it's like to help someone who's suffering. I get to do that almost every day, and if I can't find someone to help, Sterope and I go somewhere else and look there."

When the extremely large orc bent down and offered his hand, Rissi shook it with a smile. The same warm feeling spread up the orc's arm and throughout his body. "Is Common okay, Wuzruz? My goddess is named Tsillah," she said, pointing out the symbol on her shoulder. "I don't think she qualifies as a 'god from before', but having three healers together I find quite interesting."

She chuckled at Nathaniel's comment on Trever's state of dress and behavior. "I think I'll take the other side of that coin. Going four-for-four on doctors just seems too much of a stretch, unless fate or some unseen hand has intervened. I certainly hope we don't run into any more need of our kind than the three of us could handle, anyway."

Standing up, Rissi cleaned her robes again. "I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to let Sterope stretch her wings a bit, and just take a quick look around to see if my services are needed anywhere. I'll be back soon though, I would quite like to converse with you more." She clambered up onto Sterope's back, surprisingly gracefully considering the differences in their sizes, and mostly due to the custom saddle. One on the griffon's back, she stroked the magnificent beast's neck. "Let's go for a little flight girl," she encouraged. Sterope cawed, clambered to her feet, and jumped into the air, powerful wings rippling in the morning breeze. "Just a quick look around for anyone who looks hurt or sick," she said,
Dice PerceptionRissi:
1d20+14 (6)+14 Total = 20
Dice PerceptionSterope:
1d20+12 (5)+12 Total = 17
scanning their surroundings.


 


 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:05 AM
LeoByron's Avatar
LeoByron LeoByron is offline
Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 18507
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Posts: 3,119
A Rude Awakening
left-aligned image
She was panting, sweat streaming from her brow in long hot rivulets, as she struggled not to scream. A contraction tore through her pregnant flesh and pulled deeply at her loins and she felt something first give and then she felt it tear. This time she did scream. She was alone in the blood-soaked bed and she thrashed her head from side to side as her insides ripped. She gasped and gulped and screamed again. Pain, more vibrant than any she had felt before sang its strident song inside her every nerve and she thrashed weakly on the bed as more blood gushed from between her open legs. She felt it move and squirm inside her. She felt something sharp push and then pierce her viciously and though she did not think she could, she screamed again. She contorted and turned onto her side as she clutched at her bulging belly. She moaned as sweat and tears blinded her as she clutched and suffered. Another streak of hot fire burned her insides and she convulsed as her eyes rolled back and froth spumed at her twisted mouth. Her eyes flared open and now she screeched.

Her belly, face up now as she grabbed feebly at its bulging roundness, seemed to undulate oddly as though something pushed against it from inside, as though something sought escape from its fleshly prison. The protrusion pushed and pushed... and pushed. Her flesh split suddenly sending a gout of bloody gore to spew into the empty room. She arched her back, gurgling sounds surging from her as she died. When the bloody font became a trickle, a surge of fist-sized cockroaches scurried from the wounded womb and scattered from her flesh like bloody denizens from some fleshy hell.

She screamed.

Veronica Bliss screamed herself awake, scrambling out of her bedroll, arms and legs flailing as the remnants of her nightmare followed her into this morning light. Those around her felt the full force of her terror Veronica's Fear Aura strikes all those within 60 feet of her. All must succeed at a DC: 22 Will save or be Shaken (A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.) This effect lasts as long as you remain within 60' of Veronicastrike them.

right-aligned image
No sooner did she scream than did a small child emerge from the depths of the woman's bedroll, thin and wispy even for a child of five, scrambling in a strange, spider-like four-legged gait towards the woman. Her face was a blank tapestry of horror with wide white blank eyes, white wispy hair with stitches where her nose and mouth should be. She spied the gigantic orc nearby and set her gaze upon him and her face contorted with abject rage. She snarled and unleashed the full force of her ferocity upon all those present, mirroring the Vivian's Fear Aura strikes all those within 60' of her. All must succeed at a DC: 21 Will Save or be Shaken (A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.) as above. Wuzruz, as the target of Vivian's Hypnotic Stare, receives a -2 penalty to his Will Savewave of fright her mother had just before unleashed upon the unsuspecting assembly.

"Do not hurt Mama." the child said, in a calm mien which contrasted quite starkly with the savage gaze she had unleashed mere moments earlier, seemingly unhampered by the jagged line of stitches which held her mouth completely closed.

The thin woman, seeming to come to her senses, calmed herself and reached for the child. As she did, everyone who had been rattled by her scream suddenly She drops the Fear Aura, ending all effects immediately.felt unaffected as though none of this had happened.

"Vivian, come to me baby."

The girl, squealing in delight, scampered to her mother's arms and slathered her with grotesque kisses as her mother cooed her soft delight.

"It's ok, Baby Viv. Everything's well."

She looked up from her daughter's face and seemed embarrassed by what had just transpired. She raised a hand nervously and those gathered saw now just how beautiful she was, despite her morning disheveled state.

"I'm really sorry about that. Mr Wuzruz, I hope my daughter didn't offend you, it's just that you're the biggest here and you just scared her is all. I'm sorry, everyone. Please forgive us. It just happens sometimes and I can't right help it.

Veronica was feeling decidedly cranky having woken from one of her particularly horrid recurring dreams, and also somewhat extra frazzled by the fact that her gentleman caller of the previous night had not offered her the comfort of his covered wagon after she had done her work for him. She hoped she would not have to fight these people but some small part of her would not at all be discontent were it to happen now...
__________________
Still here. Will catch up when I can.
"Why should I play the Roman fool and die on mine own sword? Whiles I see lives the gashes do better upon them." ~William Shakespeare, Macbeth.

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB