Story Grauhafen Marshalling grounds - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wretches and Kings
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:34 PM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
Grauhafen Marshalling grounds

Grauhafens city arsenal (located on the southern edge of the city) is bustling with activity, soldiers arming themselves, taking up pike and arquebus and pike. Blacksmiths and servants tend to the armour and weapons, polishing, repairing and organising. There is a large training and Parade ground filled with blocks of recruits called up in response to these troubled times. Large body of 500 new arquebuissers are formed up on the parade ground, standing awkwardly in their new uniforms and ill fitting helmets.
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Jasontheswift's Avatar
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift is offline
Adult Dragon Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Posts: 4,574
Gilford having no success finding the duke he decides to move among the army looking out for a recruiter or a captain as he thinks to himself.

If I can't see this noble face to face I'll make some noise and draw some attention here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Macross's Avatar
Macross Macross is offline
Dungeon Explorer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 22nd, 2012
RPXP: 538
Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross
Posts: 700
Reynna

Reynna only finished inventorying and cleaning a small part of the infirmery ... but was interupted by the sounds of comotion from outside. She noticed a few guards hurrying in a frenzy ... the clanking of their armor rattled through the hall as they hurried. What was going on?

She grabed her quarterstaff and headed down the hall, around the corner, and toward the Grauhafen Marshalling grounds. She saw the area bustling with activity, soldiers arming themselves, taking up pike and arquebus and pike. Blacksmiths and servants tend to the armour and weapons, polishing, repairing and organising the materials. Clearly, something was amiss.

Having spent some time deployed with an army detachment, she recongized these prepatory actions ... she must have missed something from court earlier today. Or maybe something was discussed in private ... who knows. One thing is certain ... her services will be needed sooner rather than later.

Luckily, she found enough materials in the leftovers in the infirmery to brew more potions, but those efforts will take some time. With some skilled help, maybe she could better prepare this force as needed ...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
On the marshalling grounds, a senior major looks the new arquebus wielding recruits in front of him. He was a stout and barrel built man with the blunt features of a typical Eisenblut. While he is not old enough to have been part of the initial imperial conquest he is a veteran employed years ago from an imperial garrison. “Listen up, kinder!” his accent proclaiming his heritage, “I have heard the rumours of the approaching krieg, pay no heed to them! All that is required of you is to follow your orders. Regarding such ve are to march to the eastern villages, maintain the Duke’s presence there and continue your training. Now form up at the edge of the field!” The recruits begin shuffling to the edge and forming ranks again.

The major walks to Gilford and Reynna, “Gt day, my lady and Sir knight. Mien name is Gregor Klaus,” he introduces himself politely and in a wholly nicer tone than he took with the recruits, “I would have you accompany us, mien orders make leeway for me to bring extra support and a veteran and cleric would assist us greatly.”
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Jasontheswift's Avatar
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift is offline
Adult Dragon Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Posts: 4,574
Gilford nods at Klaus he then turns to the apparent Cleric and says.

Gutten tack frauline It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

he takes a slight kneeling stance as he respectfully caresses her hand, he then stands back up and says.

I am Gilford arena champion of the imperial city, and what may be your name fine lady?

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Sep 11th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Macross's Avatar
Macross Macross is offline
Dungeon Explorer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 22nd, 2012
RPXP: 538
Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross
Posts: 700
Reynna

Reynna nodded as I assume he's made a name for himself in the arena and Reynna would at least have heard of him - Knowledge(Nobility) 1d20+6
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
Gilford made his introduction. "Nice to meet you sir," she replied calmly, "I've heard of your accomplishments in the arena, I am glad to actually meet you in person." Before addressing the Major, she continued with a brief introduction to Gilford, bowing respectfully, "I am Reynna, a servant of Sarenrae and student of the healing arts."

Reynna recalled her time with the training battalion fondly and longed for another chance to be in the field. The urge to join up was too great an opportunity to pass up. After all, perhaps Sarenrae herself guided her to check out the commotion in the Marshalling grounds so she would have this opportunity? Perhaps she is needed on this trip more so that here in the keep?

Reynna smiled and nodded, showing the proper respect, "Major Klaus, thank you for the opportunity to accompany your fine unit of recruits. I'd be glad to join you." She was as Diplomacy 1d20+10
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (7)+10 Total = 17
tactful and proper as she knew how to be ... also keenly recognizing his rank based on his apparel. Her previous experience in the field taught her a few basic things about military order and discipline. "Major Klaus, I have supplies and such I need to gather before departing ... when will your unit move out?"

Last edited by Macross; Sep 11th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 04:40 AM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
Major Klaus scratches his unshaven chin, “Ve are to move out very soon, within the hour but you can find supplies there,” he points to a tall clerk in the corner of the marshalling ground. “He is allotting supplies for the forces.” The clerk is busily scribbling in his record book while serfs run to and fro hauling crates from the pile of crates.
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Jasontheswift's Avatar
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift is offline
Adult Dragon Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Posts: 4,574
Gilford steps forward and says. Is there anywhere where I can show my usefulness? I am the area champion in the imperial city and and ready and willing to prove it. Sir.

Gilford proceeds to stand respectfully as he awaits the major's reply.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Macross's Avatar
Macross Macross is offline
Dungeon Explorer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 22nd, 2012
RPXP: 538
Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross
Posts: 700
Reynna Solaris

"Yes sir," Reynna replied as expected, "I'll be ready." Reynna briefly thought to herself, it's a good thing I really have not unpacked much ... I should be able to get my gear ready very quickly. She nodded towards Major Klaus and headed back to her chambers to gather her gear and belongings.

Just as she was about to depart, she faced Gilford, "I was nice to meet you, Champion," She smiled. "Hopefully, our paths will cross again very soon. In fact, I would feel much safer were you to escort me on this trip with the army. I hope there is a spot for your sword with the Major." With that, she departed in a hurry to gether her gear (most of which was never unpacked from her previous trip).

Reynna grabbed her mostly packed gear, threw in the few items that needed to go in and raced down to the stables where she had left her horse. She was mindful to post a note on the infirmery door "Deployed to the field ... will return soon."

Upon loading her horse, complete with barding, saddlebags, military saddle and her gear, she headed back to the Grauhafen Marshalling grounds. She understood the urgency of military movements. She returned within 45 minutes. If the supply clerk was still in place at that time, she approached him, walking and leading her horse by the reigns.

"Sir, Major Klaus said to report to you for supplies. I'm to accompany the battalion. I'll be serving as a medic." She was Diplomacy 1d20+10
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (9)+10 Total = 19
direct and to the point ... something she learned from spending time with military folks. Still, she was pleasant and her voice was calming. She was ready, yet there was no reason to get panicky. I wonder if Gilford was able to join this deployment. Reynna looked around to see if he could be found. Any supplies given to her by the clerk go directly into the saddlebags on her horse.

--
OOC: Reynna does pause in the event Major Klaus or Gilford speak to her. Otherwise, she moves with a sense of purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
Major Klaus nods at Gilford, “If you could be at the head of the column when we march out you could meet with the newly levied sergeants. Some of your experience could rub off on them hopefully.”

The clerk acknowledges the cleric with a curt nod and consults his record book, “ah yes… Major Klaus’ detachment,” he waves down a serf and has the man retrieve a large box, “Inside are some basic supplies for your craft… I vish I could provide more but I fear times will be hard and we must stock pile what we can.” The box contains enough materials for 5 healing kits (30 pounds weight).
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Macross's Avatar
Macross Macross is offline
Dungeon Explorer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 22nd, 2012
RPXP: 538
Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross Macross
Posts: 700
"Thank you very much, sir," Reynna nods respectfully to the clerk. She accepts the healing kits, placing them in the saddlebags on her horse. She rides around the grounds, trying to figure out the best spot for her to be when the amry marches out. She looks around for any sign of Gilford or Maj Klaus.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Jasontheswift's Avatar
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift is offline
Adult Dragon Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Posts: 4,574
Gilford takes up his steed and rides towards the column to report to the sergeants, he looks over the heads looking for one who is ordering around the troops.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
As Reynna and Gilford reach the head of the column Major Klaus arrives. The major tips his hat to the knight, cleric and the sergeants from atop his grey warhorse. “Now men, March!” he calls. Musicians and drummers along the line strike up a tune as the soldiers march out of the city. As they tramp down the cobbled road townsfolk and peasants quickly move out of the way, besides the occasional merchant most people avert their eyes from the soldiers while women hold children playing games in the way. The major is stoic while many of the soldiers grimace at the fearful populace.
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Jasontheswift's Avatar
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift is offline
Adult Dragon Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Posts: 4,574
Gilford being at the head his area he rears up his horse and calls out a rallying cry as loud as he can to bring out the strength of the army.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:24 AM
HuaiXin's Avatar
HuaiXin HuaiXin is offline
Chibi Commandant Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
Posts: 1,895
The soldiers give out a shout with Gilford, but it is less strong than expected. Major Klaus shrugs, “Some more training and a short tour will correct that,” he comments. The troops exit the city and begin to march down the cobbled main highway, passing small townships and farms.
__________________
Some characters are born posthumously.
See my campaigns Blod Stormur: Flying Ships, Mithril Men, Bl Stormur: Mysteries of the Lucitean Gulf and Bl Stormur: Blood and Snow in Arkadia
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB