Game Thread Crossroads - Page 17 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:33 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The last skeleton went down in a heap, crushed by Moradin's hammer. Tedd and Alana gingerly climb down the rubble slide into the room. All is quiet. The Duke's study through the magical transparent wall, is quiet and empty. A large handle sits on the wall very similar to the one in the tunnel under the Green Dragon. After a cursory search in the treasure room there is an empty chest, two chests with locks, a weapon rack with various weapons, a dusty bed, the remains of the skeletons and their gear and two shelves full of mugs, buckets, plates, pots and an array of potions and scrolls.

The potions and scrolls are clearly labeled with the inventory as follows (assuming the labels are correct):
3 Potions Cure Light Wounds
3 Potions Remove Disease
3 Jars of Restorative Ointment
10 Scrolls Create Food and Water

Last edited by JustDave; Feb 17th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2023
RPXP: 14011
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,576
"Nice shot, dwarf." Bareris said, "Now let's loot this place and be off."
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,838
Aye, that be sounding like a good idea. the dwarf answered before launching into some quick virtue, resistance,guidance, and detect magicprayers before walking through the room and scanning for magical auras, the potions and oils would definitely come in handy. The scrolls he placed into his backpack, before moving on towards the weapons rack and inspecting its contents with both an artisans eye and the second sight that would allow him to discover and magic within the pieces.


 

Last edited by Alexader; Feb 17th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Moradin scans the room and see's a faint magical aura from the scrolls and potions as well as from the floor under the chests and on the floor where the third chest stood before Bareris kicked it over. The quills from the dead skeletons also emit a faint aura.

The weapon rack contains various weapons* all of masterwork quality and all embroidered with small jewels and markings of a lions head (the sygil of House Johnson) that make them unmistakably from House Johnson.


OOC--*We'll do some deus ex machina and assume 1 weapon each of a type of each PC's choice plus 4 daggers.

Last edited by JustDave; Feb 17th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,838
As he examined the weapon rack Moradin's eyes fell upon a beautifully crafted Advanced players guide:

Battle Aspergillum: Named for the common aspergillum, a mace-like tool used by priests to sprinkle holy water, this light mace has a hollow head and a metal plug to fit the hollow's neck. When the mace strikes a creature, holy water sprinkles out through tiny holes throughout the weapon's head; creatures subject to damage from holy water take 1 point of damage in addition to the normal effect of being struck by the mace (a nonmagical aspergillum can deal holy water damage to an incorporeal creature in this manner, even if the mace itself deals no damage). After 5 hits, the battle aspergillum is empty and needs to be refilled. Filling it with holy water is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity (like drinking a potion). A filled aspergillum is normally carried upright, otherwise the holy water leaks out as the weapon moves.
Battle Aspergillum which he gladly relieved from the rack. He wouldn't use it as often as he did his hammer but if he could make some holy water it would come in handy.

Leaving the rest of the gear for the others, the dwarf made his way to the chest and began
Dice perception:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23
using +1 bonus from guidance,
checking it for a false bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1414
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,398
Seeing the dwarf inspecting the weapon rack, "Wait!" but it's too late. She
Dice Perception:
1d20+13 (4)+13 Total = 17
looks over the weapon rack and each Including where the chest was. chest for any traps that might have been on them,
Dice Disable Device:
1d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15
meticulously going over any that she finds, disabling them before anyone else digs into the loot.
__________________
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before."

Last edited by epelj1; Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The weapon rack seems devoid of traps.

Moridan and Jaya look carefully over the overturned chest and floor area beneath it. They find a small hole (about width of a worm) in the floor where the chest was located and a corresponding bolt protruding less than an inch from an iron band under the chest. They further discover that by manipulating a couple of decorative lion heads on the side of the chest, the bolt moves slightly backward and forward. Also, even though Bareris had mostly kicked to top off the chest, you can see than opening the renaming hinge pushed the bolt out slightly.

The two closed and locked chests have the same lion on the side, but they are oriented opposite of the way you found the third chest. Jaya carefully turns the lion heads and hears a satisfying click, but the chests are still locked.

Last edited by JustDave; Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1414
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,398
Eying Bareris' boot, thinking that might be the best key, Jaya sits down at the chest, trying to
Dice Perception:
1d20+12 (20)+12 Total = 32
figure out how to get them open, while making sure not to overlook any
Dice roller error:
[dice=Perception:Traps]13[/dice] is a badly formed tag (please see the FAQ for help)
Dice Perception:Traps:
1d20+13 (9)+13 Total = 22
Lets try that again. Just put the 13 in the dice tag, not the 1d20+ part.
traps.
__________________
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before."

Last edited by epelj1; Feb 18th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2023
RPXP: 14011
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,576
"Nice." Bareris picked up a gleaming falchion and swung it a few times, trying to get a better feel of it. "It can be handled better. " Stroking a thumb over the cut, fresh blood welled from his digit. Bareris grinned. "It's sharp too." As he saw Jaya inspecting the chest, the half-orc said. "Need a boot, Tiny?"
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya feels confident she has disabled the traps and understands the mechanism. Peering into the small hole where the 3rd chest stood, she sees two triggers on the front side of the hole. Turning the lion heads moves the bolt to the back so lifting the chest carefully out of place or opening the chest would not trigger the trap. The problem remains, however, the chests are locked.

As you are searching and discussing plans, through the transparent wall, you see the Duke (in human form) come into the room joined by his bodyguard (also in human form). The Duke's leg seems healed as he is no longer limping. The bodyguard leaves through the other door and down some steps and emerges several minutes later with two larger than usual goblins.

Tell the others it's tonight. That moron Weston has sent most of his men away looking for our new friends. One is guarding our door, take care of him first and be quiet about it. Another is at the inn, catch him sleeping and do him quietly too. Then the town is yours.

The goblins leave with a bounce in their step while the Duke and his guard study the wall for several minute, almost as if they are looking directly at you. Too bad we couldn't figure this door. But we can't risk staying here. After the goblins raid the town we must.....

The Duke cuts his speech off mid word and his eyes open wide in surprise as he starts looking intently scanning back and forth. You all feel a tingle in your head that feels like deja vue.

OOC--Everybody roll will save DC 13

Last edited by JustDave; Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1414
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,398
Jaya, seeing how the chests works, sits back down at the nearest one. Rummaging through her bag, she takes out some tools she's found over the years.

Hearing voices, she looks back, and sees the Duke and his bodyguard. Not caring much about what they're doing, she turns back to her task at hand. Deftly moving her hands, she keeps trying to
Dice Disable Device:
1d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 2:
1d20+8 (6)+8 Total = 14
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 3:
1d20+8 (8)+8 Total = 16
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 4:
1d20+8 (10)+8 Total = 18
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 5:
1d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
unlock the first chest. Giving up on the first, she scoots over to the second
Dice Disable Device:
1d20+8 (6)+8 Total = 14
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 2:
1d20+8 (1)+8 Total = 9
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 3:
1d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 4:
1d20+8 (14)+8 Total = 22
Dice Disable Device - Attempt 5:
1d20+8 (1)+8 Total = 9
chest, thinking she might have better luck there.

OOCDoing 5 attempts, after that, she'll take Bareris up on his boot offer. Assuming the Duke leaves.
__________________
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before."

Last edited by epelj1; Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura swaps out her light crossbow, for the masterwork crossbow she finds on the rack. Carrying two crossbows is overburdening, so she leaves her old crossbow for someone else to take.

 
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:52 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya feels the tingle in her head as she gives up on the 1st chest. She manages to shake it off and successfully opens the 2nd chest and finds it with a fair amount of platinum coins.


OOC--Jaya, wait here until others roll will and decide on an action.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2021
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Ysuran finds an odd blade that is obviously to be used with two hands, common in his homelands, but here is rather odd. he slings it onto his back slipping it under the straps of his shield. How many people has this fiend trapped here? we must capture him if we are to bring him to justice. at that moment the duke enters the room above and Ysuran tries to
Dice WILL:
1D20 2
fight the feeling creeping into his head.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The Paladin heads upstairs and watches the others search, his time spent silently watching for more foes.

When weapons are discovered he heads over to check for anything that would suit him.
oocMasterwork Composite (2) Longbow.
Dice will save:
1d20+3 (12)+3 Total = 15

He finds a bow with a powerful draw, inlaid with scrolling vines and angels. He contemplates it with awe, impressed. "Beautiful..." he comments.

A tingle passes over his mind and he turns to look at the Duke. He peers at teh others, curious if they are going to try to go through, to stop this, but daring not to say anything too loud dare it be heard.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Feb 19th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB