Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
Fake Writer Fake Writer Fake Writer
Hi Everyone!

Bit of background on me:
  • I used to RP in a Star Wars Forum back in high school
  • I'm currently DM'ing a 5e game IRL, but I'm looking to get back to my play by post roots (and the game only happens once every two weeks or so, which barely scratches the itch)
  • I'm a writer and aspiring author

I'm mainly here because of curiosity, but would love to get involved in a riveting game. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and contributing to this community.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56942
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

This is a great place for itch scratching! Glad you joined up, hope you have fun with us.

We have a place in the threads just for writer's, as well... you might check it out, for things to do between gaming posts. Lots of helpful things there.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2435
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3069
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Welcome! We do love people who greatly enjoy the RP. You could even go over to the Solo Bazaar and get involved in some deep storytelling really quickly. I've been having a great time over there with my favorite system, Earthdawn.

Have a look around and start making your plans. While playing only twice a month barely scratches the itch, you'll find the slow pace of a PbP game still leaves you pretty hungry, so join and start lots of games!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15706
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Wow, Fake Writer, it looks like you are just the person we're looking for to participate in the PC MasteClass Not only is it the inaugural challenge, but it's also Star Wars themed! Win/Win for you if you ask me! We also have a Saga Edition game looking for players too! Looks like everything is coming up Milhouse!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20033
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Fake Writer

- what a sad username :-( -

Welcome over here and cool to read you are IRL DM-ing a group! What adventure are you DM-ing or did you create a homebrew adventure? Are you here to DM us a game as well or do you want to roleplay a character?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2687
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site!

Lots of 5E here, and I see Star Wars games advertised fairly regularly too.

Hope you find what you're looking for in our little corner of the internet.

Happy gaming
Old 02-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3113
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Welcome FakeWriter! I think you'll find a lot of people here who enjoy the art of the story. Hope you find a good place to plug in and scratch all your itches. Have fun!

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing the New Player Solo Game
Old 02-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
Fake Writer Fake Writer Fake Writer
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

Admin Dirk - I will definitely take a look through! I'd been looking for other writers to chat with, so that seems right up my alley.

Karhald - I don't think I've ever heard of Earthdawn. I know I could probably figure it out with a quick Google search, but I'm curious why it's your favourite?

Imveros - Thank you for plugging those for me! I'll check them out!

chocoladevla - Don't worry, it's just my attempt at outrunning the imposter's syndrome! I started my players off with an adventure from the DM's Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...yer--Adventure), but then decided to give myself way too much work by building everything else. It's my first time DMing in the setting I created, so I haven't been too willing to plug in premade adventures just yet (though I might be plugging in Red Hand of Doom sometime soon). I'm probably just going to get involved as a player, but DMing would not be off the table.

Lord Ruthers - Thank you! The FFG Star Wars RPG is probably my favourite system ever, so I'd love to get into one of those games.

Atrayn - Thank you! I've got a lot of those itches! I see you're playing in a couple of West Marches game, how's that work in PbP?

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3113
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Generally, both games are open world, parties forming up with different characters all the time, and exploring what they want to based on either rumors and hooks left by the DMs or expanding on information brought back by other returning parties. The worlds are forming themselves. A lot of fun if you're willing to put in just a bit of reading to keep up with some of the storylines roughly.

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing the New Player Solo Game