Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Out of the Abyss
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi

Na'adi did not deign to reply to Elara as she called her out on her life and childhood as a victim. She had ceased to be a victim the day she reclaimed her life. Her mother and aunt had ceased the beatings and became doting tutors to her, as if someone had suddenly switched their personalities with those who cared somewhat. Elara's finger tracing the scar on the back of her neck sent a shiver down her spine. No one ever touched her like that. The human told of her childhood, stated that they weren't so different. She snorted. Nowhere in the woman's monologue did she state that she had been flogged to unconsciousness because her family had been trying to 'beat a demon out of her.'

No. They were different. Her own childhood was worse than Elara's. "We are different enough, Child of Light. Drow do not love, and when a first daughter is thought to demon residing in her mind she is beaten into unconsciousness. Daily. If you really wish to bless someone as I, then you may, so long as it doesn't remove my powers or blind me. I, despite my deeds, am not a good person."

When Elara turned to Caeryn, she watched the display with fascination, unsure what exactly was going on. They seemed close and she wondered how long they had been captives together for such a close bond to form. The idea of love came to her mind but she had no idea what love was and what it was supposed to look like.

When the priestess's play thing poked his head up the trap door, Na'adi sneered. She didn't need Kit to remind her of the pain this male had visited on her. She remembered it all too well. Her back itched as she considered what spell would cause him the most damage. Then she let loose with a snarl, the arcing bolt of force zipping around her companions, missing them as it careened toward the poor bastard on the ladder.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
LeezaHawethorn LeezaHawethorn

Caeryn watched Na'adi and Elara talk, her jealous gaze could have melted stone. She tried to find it in her to keep hating the Drow, but as she admitted to an awful past, almost as awful as her own, she found it progressively harder and harder to hate the woman. Elara was right. Pritha would die for her, because she respected Na'adi, not because the Drow put her up to it.

She gave a happy sigh as Elara held her next. The paladin's fingers touching the rough stumps of her horns sent tingles along her spine. Even after all these years, the stumps were still a little sensitive. Her tail swished behind her knees in wide, happy gestures. "How do you know what to say to make me feel better?" she said happily.

Elara's rather intimate touch left a fire streaking through her. A woman had never touched her like that since she had been learning at the brothel. It was kind of exciting to feel it once more. Caeryn clung to her, sighing happily. Then Elara took a knee, clutching her hand. The tiefling arched a quizzative eyebrow to her. She had seen men take such poses when asking women for their hand in marriage. Caeryn was no less shocked by Elara's words than those women who were proposed to.

"You would forsake your family, and everything for me? To be a no-one like me?" She smiled and leaned down to kiss the top of Elara's head. "Caeryn and Elara of No-People, outcasts both," she said experimentally. "Pelor wouldn't mind you doing such a thing? Wouldn't mind you removing yourself from your kin, your people? Not that I mind, I quite like some company and dare say my life has become too quiet with my tribe being slain... But there you are! We can start the tribe of No-People again, just... No more caves..."

When the Drow showed himself, everyone attacked at once, crowding around the trap door to attack. And the Halfling was still dealing with the spider. Choices choices. If they killed the Drow quick they could all focus on the spider. She just hoped the little guy could keep dodging. Drawing her sword, Caeryn dashed in and struck out at the Drow. "He'll sooner run to save his skin than yield..." she said to Elara as she slashed at the guy.

"Hang in there, little guy! We'll be there soon to help with mister eight-legs!"

Old 06-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2357
Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf
Mid round update!

Kit began her revenge as she meant to go on, causing blood to ooze from his body and stain the floor of the shrine. Pritha's heart was in the right place but she lacked the training to do any real damage. Elara had no such problem as she joined into the fray with gutso. Her calls for the Drow to yield were met with a disdainful sneer. The foolish one is you if you think you can escape here or that I would just step aside to let you near my mistress, Human.

He seemed to sense the magic Na'adi sent hurtling towards him and cleared the ladder just as it slammed into the wood of the trap door, narrowly missing him. Caewyn followed Elara into battle and showed herself equally adept at the art of war.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	68864  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2357
Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf
Doratoro stayed back with Na'adi as the battle started. The drow climbed out of the hatch and kicked it closed standing on the trapdoor as he began his counter attack with a wide swipe at the group but his blade was easily countered.

The spider however had more luck sinking her fangs into his arm, the blood and poison mixing and flowing through his system, far more potent in its raw natural state than the stuff he'd been taking from the bolts.

Roll20 MAP

Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi

Na'adi glared at the worthless male as her bolt of magic missed. She cursed the others blocking her view. With a foul sounding word in Undercommon, she moved slightly to see between Kit and Caeryn. Then she let loose another Eldritch Blast at the male. To say that being in this place upset her to no end. She remembered every minute spent learning litanies to Lolth and the art of worshipping the spider goddess. In the end, it was all a farce anyway, a farce that when she was found out, led her to here. It would end now, and she meant to channel all her hatred and anger into her blast...

And then she notices Ash's plight. With a resigned sigh, she changes target, surely the others were more than a match for the one Drow? With a snarl she fired at the spider. "Hey, eight legs! Pick on someone your size!"

The sooner all the enemies were done, the sooner they could kill Ilvara and get out of this place. She spared a glance at Elara. The woman she hardly knew that had figured out more about her than she likes and forced her to tell her story. Still no one asked if her family had successfully beaten the demon out of her. She hoped no one one would. That would mean she would have to lie, and for some reason the act of lying upset her. Damnit if these people weren't making her soft.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
LeezaHawethorn LeezaHawethorn

The Drow spewed his thoughts at them and Caeryn snarled meanacingly. He rose, bloody, from the trap door and closed it to face them. His attack at them was repulsed easily. So clumsy. She grinned wickedly.

"See? No luck," she said to Elara beside her.

Behind her she heard the Drow lady cast a spell somewhere else and didn't try to look to see what she was firing at. Her taunt, using Caeryn's own words... Or perhaps she just didn't know the common word for spider...?

"Less talking, more dying buddy..." she sneered at the Drow as she stabbed in with her sword.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:05 PM
Evil Overlord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3547
Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac
Elara simply just stood there and yawned at the drow's retort, placing her hand over her mouth. She rolled her eyes up before she responded.

"Oh for goodness sake. You drow are not just boring and unimaginative in your insults, you're all also incredibly stupid. Like, we're talking godly levels of stupidity."

She twisted her face in a sneer, trying to mock the drow's expression. "Look at me. I'm a drow. I'm really, really stupid and I'll charge at six armed people with a weapon and die miserably because.....well, just because I'm stupid and I think throwing my life away is really tough and manly."

She tapped him on the head with her finger twice. "Idiot."

Elara glances back at Na'adi and sticks her tongue out. "Present company excepted. You're not an idiot Na'adi."

Caeryn charges in next to her, stabbing at the drow and completely missing. Elara rolls her eyes again.

"Darling, you're doing it all wrong. Look, stand like this." Elara makes a combat stance, tilting one leg slightly forward to place more weight in her front knee. She holds her sword out in her right hand. "Then strike like this."

She makes a slashing movement with her sword, attacking the drow who easily jumped out of the way of her wayward blow. Elara snorts in disgust.

"Looks like it's catching."

She continues to glare at the drow.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:42 AM
for medicinal purposes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Rumrunner Rumrunner
The spider latched on injecting its venom that flooded through his veins like rainbows from a unicorn’s butt. Instantly the color drained from his body and Ash’s body swayed like a wet noodle in the wind, then it hit him, his pupils dialated fast and furiously sending the whites of his eyes into hiding and his body stiffened like a board and began to twitch. Slowly his head turned towards the spider and a manic grin suddenly split his face. He moved like he was faster than time, grabbing a pillow and smacking the giant arachnid before running away arms flailing and laughing hysterically.

Running towards the center of the room he climbed the statue and mounted it, Riding the stone spider as if it was a toy hobby horse.

“Hahahaha... I AM THE SPIDER KING!!! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

Last edited by Rumrunner; 06-17-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Pixie of the Crossing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1765
Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat

Pritha takes another swing at the Drow.

Dice Attack with Shortsword:
1d20-1 (19)-1 Total = 18

Dice Damage, if she miraculously hits:
1d6+1 (1)+1 Total = 2