Game Thread The Crimson Companions - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Banner Saga 5E
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 16341
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 8,161
right-aligned image

The ranger grunted, half in pain and half in ascent. He'd tried to help the folks in the burning house and now he was half dead for his good deed. When Marl noted he knew a guy, Drud perked up.

"Sounds good."

Drud grabbed his pack and threw it over his shoulder. He was starting to wonder what he was doing with this group. Where were they going? What were they trying to accomplish? They'd tried to get to the bottom of this fire and now they were just looking for supplies. Strange times indeed.
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; 04-14-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Alemar's Avatar
Alemar Alemar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Posts: 2,215
Tarne nodded his agreement. "I'd like to go with you this time, seeing as how your last adventure turned out...but I'm not sure how subtle my horns would be?" shrugging his shoulders he continues speaking to Marl. "Still...I think i'll accompany you just the same, do you think we should bring the carts to load up?"
__________________
You must take your opponent into a deep, dark, forest, where 2+2=5 and the path leading out is only wide enough for one...

Last edited by Alemar; 04-20-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-21-2017, 02:13 AM
kayto238's Avatar
kayto238 kayto238 is offline
Proxy of Slenderman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 164
kayto238 kayto238
Posts: 101
AllCalen gives a hearty laugh at Tarne's comment. "Well, if you're going, we might as well all go! You're about as hard to hide as a yox in a nursery, if I say so myself!"
"Perhaps..." Eskir begins, and pauses before she goes on. "Perhaps I could shield you from their eyes. It would not be perfect, but it would divert their attention elsewhere... How far away is this friend of yours, Marl?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Currently playing: Nothing... YET.
Currently DMing:The Banner Saga 5E
Working on my book! Progress meter: 78%, 312 pages of an estimated 400

Last edited by kayto238; 04-21-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 4,986
Marl The Bard
left-aligned image
Taking the lead on the discussion, ol’ Marl the Bard strums a bit upon his lute. Before eventually replying,

"Bring the carts up for loading and unloading, but keep back a ways. I’ll be moving silently ahead, and lemme deal with ol’ Veld. He’s holed up just about five minutes away from here. Ye Ol’ Seaside Tavern, that’s where he likes to frequent.

“Mayhaps that we make our way there post-haste. Sooner we catch-up with Veld, sooner we can move out. Out to newer and better things. Things less-burning, and all like that.”


As the party prepares to depart, Marl points the direction towards the tavern. Moving ahead, the bard tries continuing where he left off, regarding the strumming upon his trusty lute!

 

Character SheetMarl the Bard
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; 04-21-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-28-2017, 02:48 PM
kayto238's Avatar
kayto238 kayto238 is offline
Proxy of Slenderman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 164
kayto238 kayto238
Posts: 101
 


AllYou arrive at the tavern quickly. No one bars your path, but just like in the square, everyone avoids eye contact. They dart around the corners quickly when they see you coming. The carts rattle across the cobblestone roads, and despite all your best efforts at being inconspicuous, you can't help but feel that you somehow still seem to stand out. Everyone still seems to know that you are outsiders, for sure.
The inn itself is as shady an establishment as you'd imagined, right down to the rickety sign that waves in the ever-present ocean breeze. But, then, you weren't sure that you could expect much more from an inn with such an unimaginative name. It reeks of fish and alcohol, and its fire is not large enough to keep out the chill of the humid air.
What you did not expect to see was that the inn has a severe lack of patrons.
There are only two men in the common room. One is the innkeeper, who waves in a friendly manner, the first man to acknowledge the group's presence since they'd arrived in town-- aside from the girl who spoke with Tarne.
The other man sits in a corner with his hood up, the very picture of the typical corner-sitting watcher. Marl recognizes the man immediately.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Currently playing: Nothing... YET.
Currently DMing:The Banner Saga 5E
Working on my book! Progress meter: 78%, 312 pages of an estimated 400

Last edited by kayto238; 04-28-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 4,986
Marl The Bard
left-aligned image
Stowing his lute behind his back, Marl turns to his companions. He places a finger to his lips, the universal sign for silent sneakiness.

"Ye Ol’ Seaside Tavern. Watch your step, this place can be a little rough.”

Entering the inn, Marl greets his contact with a silent nod. Taking a seat at the hooded man’s table, the bard says,

“I have…some items to move. Caravan’s right outside. Care if my associates and I empty a wagon? Just the usual…mundane cargo to sell and trade for. And no questions asked.”

 

Character SheetMarl the Bard
__________________
Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 16341
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 8,161
Negotiations
right-aligned image

Drud walked along after Marl, but he lost focus now and then, still reeling from his injuries at the hands of the mob. When the bard puts a finger to his lips, the ranger nodded foggily and swayed back and forth as he lumbered after the group. He had little to add to the situation, so he leaned heavily against the wall nearby as the negotiations commenced.

This town is a mess. He thought. Drud wondered if any kids were burning in the houses the mob was attacking and was tempted to speak up. He decided against it, as Marl was deep in conversation and they needed the supplies. He was still confused about where they were going after Strand, but those things would sort themselves out later.

My instincts got me half dead. Time to follow Marl's
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-04-2017, 02:32 AM
kayto238's Avatar
kayto238 kayto238 is offline
Proxy of Slenderman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2017
RPXP: 164
kayto238 kayto238
Posts: 101
Marl"My, my..." says the hooded man you know to be Veld.
"It certainly has been a while, friend. And you could not have come at a more dire time. I can meet your needs to be sure... but, I'm afraid the cost of doing so may be quite high. Strangers, you may have noticed, are not exactly smiled upon in Strand these days.
To get you what you need, and to get it out safely..."
he makes a vague sound of frustration. "And you have varl with you. That only complicates it further."


All Else The barkeeper continues to wave, but it doesn't look like anyone's paying much attention to him. He frowns slightly, and goes back to rubbing water spots out of his glassware mugs.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Currently playing: Nothing... YET.
Currently DMing:The Banner Saga 5E
Working on my book! Progress meter: 78%, 312 pages of an estimated 400
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Alemar's Avatar
Alemar Alemar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2020
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Posts: 2,215
Tarne waits patiently in the bar, doing his best to remain inconspicuous. He does his best to listen to the stranger, while keeping an eye around the bar. 'Marl's lead might actually pay out in this transaction, so far im impressed'
__________________
You must take your opponent into a deep, dark, forest, where 2+2=5 and the path leading out is only wide enough for one...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB