Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2832
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Ah shadowrun, I'd love to join a game.
I've tried running it, both here in the past, and in person. I found out I need a lot more experience playing it before I'll be ready to run it again.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10400
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Well you know - still putting feelers out for lateral recruitment. I lost a fair few runners, so I have space.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Visibly Risible

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1582
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Needing more runners, you say?

What's the job? Where do I sign?
Old 10-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I've never done a decker or anything before, but I'd be interested in trying if thats needed.
Or if its not, I could do rigger if you dont have one, or roll up some enhanced muscle with a street sam.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10400
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Ad thread is linked above, game thread and characters are all public in the campaign folder (which shouldn't be so hard to find). Silk is joining with a technomancer, so that is in addition to the characters listed there.

Now I'm almost at the point of putting the lid back on to recruitment, but I'll look at any pitch that I'll receive. There's just no more completely guaranteed spots, or we'd end up being eight plus runners.

EDIT: @Eddas It's a can do on the decker. Technically we have rigger and muscle, but that's also something one could double. Depends on style a little.

Last edited by Phettberg; 10-16-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm at work right now, but I'll put together a character tonight for your perusal.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:34 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7987
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I just came across the Shadowrun Lockdown book and was surprised that it is based on a Shadowrun MMO that closed down a year ago. I'm currently reading it, and it is really interesting, sort of wished I could have played the game.

Thinking of converting it over to 6th edition as my brother said he would be interested in playing. Funny, he won't touch 5e

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 11-06-2019 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23666
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Yeah I've found that newbies seem to love 6th. I think it's that way for most RPGs, you never forget your first!

It's pretty easy to convert stuff to new systems as well. I've converted plenty of 2/3rd Ed stuff to 4th and plenty of 4th to 5th over the years. The trick is just to gauge how challenging a given obstacle is supposed to be and then replace it with an equal level challenge in the new edition.

Or just lie and go with the the trusty -2/0/+2 average dice pool for a quick and dirty convert!
Old 12-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I have some sad news chummers, I just double-checked the Shadowrun folder, and there are only three active games of SR here on the site! :'(

Does anyone have any good ideas for a game? I'm available for idea bouncing, rules consulting, or formatting questions!

Nstol, any word on that 6e game you were talking about a while back?

I can shill our site hard in my Shadowrun groups if we can get some forward momentum going! Need a little bait to lure fresh runners to our little sprawl!

Remember, watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon!
Old 12-05-2019, 07:03 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14610
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
I have some ideas that I'm working on getting runnable for SR5, but making sure I have the time and all that is the current step. Also have to decide if I want to run PF1e instead too.

There's also the issue of properly conveying tone to potential players. I know my leaning into the weirdness of the sixth world isn't for everyone and all that.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1424
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Does anyone have any good ideas for a game? I'm available for idea bouncing, rules consulting, or formatting questions!
I've had one bouncing around but...
  • I'm not sure I'm ready to run an SR game on my own.
  • The SR Community (or at-least the Reddit one) would probably look down on it.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If you have the story, I'll help with the crunch. That's the beauty of how slow PbP is, you have all the time you need to research and nobody needs to know!

A thrilling story is the most important thing, but no pressure though, we'll all be here when you're ready!

As for other Shadowrun communities, Reddit is one of the more toxic ones. I suggest The Shadowrunner's Union on Facebook. It's staff is active and fair. Bonus points for most of them being Shadowrun freelancers. There's nothing quite like asking a rules question and having the person who wrote those rules answer it!

Haha, that's the only reason I understand AI, conversations with the guy who wrote that whole section.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1424
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Well, I can run it & the bullet points by you in a DM if you want, Imveros.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 392
Nstol Nstol Nstol Nstol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
I have some sad news chummers, I just double-checked the Shadowrun folder, and there are only three active games of SR here on the site! :'(

Nstol, any word on that 6e game you were talking about a while back?

I can shill our site hard in my Shadowrun groups if we can get some forward momentum going! Need a little bait to lure fresh runners to our little sprawl!

Remember, watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon!
Not yet. I'm still checking out group interest.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Well, I can run it & the bullet points by you in a DM if you want, Imveros.
Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nstol View Post
Not yet. I'm still checking out group interest.
Did you ever make an official interest thread on the Misc Game Advertisement thread? That'll be step one. If you've already done that just make sure to give it a bump every week or so. That way people know you're still ready to rumble.

All that said, just pull the trigger and request the game if you're ready! It's a GMs market, if you build it, they will come!