twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-24-2015, 10:12 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
TheSmell TheSmell
Warren's character sheet is up! Just need to pick my spells and he should be ready.

I'm excited for this group - hope everyone has a good time!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10205
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Same here. So waiting on our last two then?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
TheSmell TheSmell
ArchEva,

Would you be opposed to Warren taking on an Owl familiar with the use of the Find Familiar spell? I know I didn't really write it into the background, but I was thinking of maybe making the Owl the sigil of his family's house, and thus the owl familiar is his one constant connection to his family, no matter where he is.

There is a stat block for the owl in the DMG, but familiars don't get attacks anyway. It would mainly be used for scouting, distractions, and RP.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1367
ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00
You can assume that Warren would have had ample time to cast the spell before entering the tower, so he could have the owl when he enters.

Edit: We'll get started when everyone is ready and I've checked over everything.

Last edited by ArchEva00; 01-24-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:08 PM
do you smell smoke?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1859
Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros Zagros
So I noticed a propensity for evil in the character apps. That could make things... interesting.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Yeah, what are the thoughts on that? If we have a disagreement with them how is it going to work? Because I can see a fight spoiling in the background pretty easily.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00 ArchEva00
If it were one or two evil characters in with a range of good characters, I'd be a little more worried. Due to the fact the 4 out of 5 of the characters are leaning towards evil with similar goals. Even the lawful neutral has a similar goal to the rest of the party. I don't think it will be hard to come up with a common goal for all of the characters. 3 of the 5 are doing it for wealth/knowledge, one to prove himself and the last is doing it because the it beats the alternative.

Not to say disagreements won't happen. If something major comes a long, we'll deal with it then. Otherwise, I'm more the kind of person who will role with what happens. As much as everyone wants to role play their characters to the best of the their abilities, people just need to remember we're all here to play the game together.

Last edited by ArchEva00; 01-24-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Okay. My guy is leaning more towards good than evil though. I just couldn't justify calling him good since he has anger issues and when he gets angry he has a habit of demolishing every inanimate object in range. But he tries to do the right things, it just always seems to end up with a bar stool broken on someone's back after a overhead insult.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 01-24-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 69
Arthabaska
PresentationName: Elrohir Surion
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Cleric

BackgroundAppearance: At 5 feet 11 inches, 158 pounds, Elrohir is considered a mid-sized elf. His musculature and bone structure are not particularly remarquable, and he would pass unnoticed if not for the peculiar scar on his right forehead, as if the skull had slightly caved in. His greenish hair has a silvery tinge, the only indication of his advancing age.

Alignment: NE

Personality: Elrohir mainly keeps to himself, having been used to long travels alone. He is autonomous and doesn’t like to rely on anybody else. He will nonetheless offer his help when necessary, if it profits his expedition. He was known to be a rather predictable person until his accident — now, he might exhibit unexpected bursts of emotivity, and can be quite uninhibited at times...

Background: Elrohir had a simple destiny. The son of an elven woodworker, he worked for many years as a trading representative for the family business. Travelling for months on end, mostly alone, he sold his father’s work and brought back rare woods for him to work on. He didn’t seek to learn the craft of his father.
His lack of ambition and frequent dark moods eventually put him at odds with his father and the town elders, who came close to cast him out of the community on many occasions. He felt excluded, but really didn’t care. He felt free on the road.
It was on the return of a trading trip in the Northern Regions that he found his home town under attack by a band of marauders — many houses on fire, smoke everywhere, corpses littering the streets. Filled with despair, he rushes home, only to find his father’s head on the porch of his shop, the body nowhere in sight.
He then lost all sense of logic.
With no formal fighting training, he picked up his father’s axe and ran out to administer vengeance on the invaders. An uncontrollable cry came out of his throat, and he charged on the nearest enemy, the axe raised high above his head, eyes gleaming with madness. Suddenly filled with confidence in his power, and rendered euphoric by the adrenaline rush, he stroke — but never had the pleasure of feeling the metal breaking bone and flesh. His opponent, with ease and in a single fluid movement, evaded his swing, struck a lazy reverse blow with his club, and caved his right forehead with a thud, walking away without a single glance in his direction. Elrohir crumpled heavily to the ground.
Left for dead on the battlefield, he remained unconscious for a long time. His destiny then changed forever — he had a mystic experience. From the depths of the darkness surrounding him came the image of a cloaked figure, modest in appearance yet overwhelming in its power. The figure was in front of him, but also all around him, and inside him. He felt its touch, in his heart, in his soul. Time seemed to stop. He knew to be in the presence of a God, and tears rolled uncontrollably down his cheeks. He knew him to be Vecna, God of secrets. "You are now my pupil, Elrohir" He felt more than he heard the words. "Your destiny is mine, and it will be magnificent. Great power lies on your path, if you are worthy enough. Now rise, go back to the light, and gather for me the secret knowledge of the world. We will meet again, when you are ripe.
Opening his eyes, he felt refreshed. Rested. Filled with purpose. He raised a hand to his head, feeling the defect in his skull. He liked it.
Rising, he gathered his belongings and left without a glance back at his old life. Only a single tear rolled slowly down his cheek.

Why did your character enter the tower? Brought to the tower by rumours of secret knowledge hidden inside. He especially hoped to find a copy of the Book Of Vile Darkness, essential for his study of the Vecnan teachings.

Sangus Oath taker, january 24th 2015

Last edited by Arthabaska; 01-24-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=53128

Name: Alton
Race: Drow Elf
Class: Fighter

Appearance: 5'8, athletic build on the slender side, white hair down to shoulder blades, his eyes a pale silver. His skin black that is like polished obsidian.

Alignment: CN

Personality: A cautious man, but fearless in a fight. Very alert, quiet, but can be friendly but stays on alert as if he has trouble trusting people. Has no qualms in killing but questions morales, including his own.

Background: Born in the House Jaelre, or rather a former house as they were driven out of Menzoberranzan for being male led and worshiping Vhaeraun instead of Loth. When Alton was born, the House had a home in a deep forest that had a cavern. The forest was reported haunted, helped by the drows. He was taught everything a common drow is taught EXCEPT, that Vhaeraun is the ultimate supreme being, not Loth and both sex were more or less equal, unlike the common female dominance. One day, his teachings cracked. He was watching two of his fellow drows attacking a human male, near him on the ground was a wounded human female. The drows taunted the man and Alton smiled, expecting the human to run scared, but instead, he looked at his female companion and was spurred on. He fought harder, felling one drow and the other drow lost his confidence. Alton was taught that other races were inferior and many were weak because they were emotional and cared about others. But from Alton saw, it was the complete opposite. The human appeared defeated but when the lady was threaten, he came alive, making him stronger, not weaker. Since then, he would go out alone and watch the other races and studied them. He once saw an elf hurt by a surprise attack by a group of goblins and was healed by an elven cleric. The wound elf was in bad shape but the cleric had prayed and the wounded elf was like new. Seems their god was strong. He talked to his uncle, one person he could trust fully and was told they are drow, it's all they know and to change is like getting the moon and sun to trade places. He began to question his people's teachings and belief. It would be nice to befriend other races, but at the same time, the reputation the drow has been helpful, keeping enemies away.

Why did your character enter the tower?: One day he was with a group that snuck into a city during the night. He stayed behind when the group left the city after the secret raid. He never been to a city before and wanted to explore some. He usually is eager for raids, but this time he wasn't. His conscious was bugging him since things he was taught was false. The sun was beginning to rise and he started to head back when a shout rang out and he was spotted and he fled. A possess was formed and were after him, dogs baying, on his scent. He was in deep trouble, he heard in the yelling of "Daughter kidnapped, wife raped, son killed." Although he had no part of it, there wasn't a chance that he was going to prove otherwise. The dogs were quick, making him zig zag around. He wasn't able to head straight back to the deep forest and tried to go around. He heard yelling of "demon spawned elf" and began to think that perhaps the reputation wasn't always a good thing. During the hiding and running, he was struck blind by the rising sun that he had forgotten about, causing him extreme pain to the head. He came across a river and waded down a quarter of a mile and went on land again. He lost the dogs, but the sun was bothering him. Off to the distance, he saw a tower and when he gotten closer, he recognized it. He heard stories of it and heard the dogs behind him, catching his scent once again. He felt a foreboding of the tower but then began to think, no one survived the journey inside of it but then, all were surface dwellers. Many creatures, surface and underground were afraid of the drow, perhaps he could survive it, he was getting tired and know he wouldn't survive the possess if they catch him. Not much to lose, he headed for the tower...

Realistic Posting Rate: Once a day or more

Last edited by Seekr34; 01-24-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthabaska
All right, my character sheet is finished. Elrohir is ready to start exploring the tower, by Vecna!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
my pc been done, but had to leave before I got a chance to come here. Mine is CN, he is on the verge of switching gods. Gonna be interesting to roleplay him.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Few more updates.

Last edited by ArchEva00; 01-25-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthabaska
Ok, I made a few corrections on my sheet. Now I think I'm ready.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Arch, made the corrections, all set I think