Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Out of the Abyss
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2357
Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf
Doratoro finished off the last drow in short order, Kit glanced over approvingly; he'd have done well in the arena with that move. We need to keep moving, there will be more coming. she said to the group. They had lost the element of surprise, but Kit knew they would not have had it for long anyway.

They were just out of the tower and on the walkway to the next when they saw the battle up ahead, two female slave prisoners, dressed in the all too familiar shifts. They had clearly been on the way to the cell, under guard, and were in the process of trying to escape. Impressively they had both managed to take swords from their guards. but there were 3 against 2 and one of them was pierced with two bolts.

One of the women was tiefling, the other human, both had red hair. The drow had their back to the escapees as they faced the two women. They were about 25ft away.

Kit hefted her sword, Looks like we might have two more recruits, and it seems they need a little help. she muttered softly.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:51 AM
for medicinal purposes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Rumrunner Rumrunner
Ash nodded, still staring at the bolt in wonder he waited for it to say more but there was nothing. Perhaps they would speak again after their will was done? He wondered forward ignoring the puddles of blood that splashed between his toes and oblivious to the bodies on the ground. No he just walked out onto the bridge leaving a trail of red halfling sized footprints in his wake.

...shoot with me chump?... what did it mean? Who was the bolt's chump and how can I shoot with it? Was this the same bolt that was in his chest earlier? or was the chump the bolt from earlier. Did that bolt even exist? He looked down and the bolt was gone, from his chest. "Wohhhhh..." He'd forgotten that he'd pulled it out himself, but still it was a rather impressive train of thought even if it was a derailed train.

Ash focused his wits and targeted one of the Drow assailants burying it into his back. They still didn't speak to him, the bolts that is, but they didn't need to. They just wanted to spread the love.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4172
ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi ArionNaomi

Na'adi followed the others out of the buildings wary for reinforcements. True she felt better armed and protected than she did before, but she had no plans to end the escape so soon. She liked attacking from the back, behind the front lines. It was safer.

It was soon clear that there were more prisoners in the process of escaping than just themselves. A tiefling and a human woman faced off against their captor. Well they just couldn't have that, now could they. She nodded at Kit's words. "More hands better," she stated in her broken common. Ash took a shot and she shrugged to herself.

Reaching out with one hand she called upon the arcane engergies granted to her by the fiend and loosed another Eldritch blast on the pathetic males before them. "Vel'drav orn dos screa nindel jalilen ph'alur ulu dos? Nin b'luthyrr harl p'los uns'aa p'los Usstan d'sreft dos ulu in'owail..."

Old 05-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74
Kaymithe

"Aye aye," chimed the sailor as they prepared to charge in. Still new to the concept of battle with sword and shield, the Minotaur decided it best to head in alongside the fierce half-orc gladiator rather than take the charge himself; anyone who spared a moment to glance at him would notice the hesitation. All the same, when push came to shove, he often came out on top. Some of those drow looked precariously close to the ledge, and that's where he'd send them.

Last edited by Kaymithe; 05-18-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf Witchwolf
Ashton's bolt strikes the drow in the neck, bloods spurting out in gushes over the girl he had been attacking. As Kit and Dora charge towards the remaining two, Na'Adi's bolt of magic hits the other drow locked in combat with the tiefling. he barely has time to turn in surprise to see who was attacking from behind when Kit's short sword skewers him in the guts, as he rams the tip up through the organs in his rib cage with a growl. Dora's charge of the third drow ends with him locking horns against armor, the drow managed to brace himself against the lip of the wall and stand his ground with a cry of pain and visible stain.

He disengaged from the bull and began to back away putting as much distance between himself and Doratoro as he could.

Round 3:
(OOC:Welcome Carmac and Liz to the main thread! And I might as well use that extra roll in the dice thread after all )

Kit did not pause as she withdrew her sword from the slain drow, she nodded to the Tiefling and dashed after the fleeing drow, she caught him in the back with a heavy blow with her blade, he staggered but was not yet slain.

(OOC: just a few HP left, next hit should take him down unless you are unlucky with the dice)
Old 05-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Pixie of the Crossing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1765
Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat Lexkat

Pritha had run up beside her Mistress, sword held in her hand, though she didn't feel confident that she could use it properly.

When the last of the Drow who had been menacing the two new prisoners started to flee, Pritha took a single step closer to the two girls, placing a stable hand on the Tiefling girl's arm, to keep her from falling over. "A-are you alright?" she asks, looking the girl over in amazement. She had never seen another of her kind before. Even her parents were, as far as she knew, human.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Evil Overlord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3547
Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac
Elara pouts as a shower of blood explodes outwards from the drow she was fighting, covering her clothes in gore. The drow falls to his knees and then collapses to the ground dead. She shakes her head in dismay, still pouting, "Awwwww come on. You stole my fun."

Around her, a group of newcomers enter the chamber, quickly dispatching the other drow with the exception of one who tried to run..... Tried being the operative word as a large, burly half-orc quickly stopped the drow in his tracks, staggering it with a blow. As another tiefling came up to Caeryn, placing a hand on her arm, Elara nods her head, grinning to the other tiefling.

"Hail, and well met. Could you look after my friend? I've got something I need to attend to."

Clutching her sword, she raced across the chamber to where the other drow was. Charging over towards him, she brought her sword to bear, levelling it as she lashed out, looking to run him through the chest.....

As she does, she shouts, "For Pelor!"

It is a cry that she does not truly believe in, not deep down in her heart.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
LeezaHawethorn LeezaHawethorn

Even in her rage, Caeryn could see that they were out matched by the Drow. But she didn't care much. She just wanted them dead. It much to her consternation that some other people showed up and took her kill. And one of them was even a she-Drow.... She growled deep in her throat as the Drow before her fell to the onslaught of attacks. "He was mine..." she said in a low voice. Her eyes were narrowed to slits, her rage not yet sated.

She took a single step forward, moving toward the Drow that she could get to, but suddenly there was a person in her way. A firm hand was on her arm as if it would hold her up. This skinny stick of a Tiefling thought she could hold Caeryn back?! No... Not back... Up. Her rage fizzled and faded and the wicked ache of her wounds came to her she dropped her stollen word and gingerly touched the area around one of the bolts with a shackled hand. Her hands shook. She was hurt pretty bad.

"I'm... I'm... Fine. I'll be fine. I've suffered worse." uncounciously her eyes went to the other tiefling's horns while her hands went to the stumps where hers had once been. Then she looked around in alarm. Where was Elara?

Turning around, she saw a shock of red racing toward the fleeing Drow, slaying him. She sucked in a deep breath and held it, releasing it as she pulled the bolts from her flesh.

"F***ing Drow..." she growled as the last was dropped to the floor at her feet. She didn't try to lower her voice or save her words from the Drow that these strange rescuers seemed comfortable around. Then she looked back at the tiefling before her. "I really have had worse." Stooping, she winced as she picked up her sword and shuffled off after Elara.

"Oh! And thanks, I totally had him." she added without turning around. She reached Elara and put a hand on her shoulder, he voice softened from the harsh words she spoke moments ago.

"You could have run, but you stayed with me, protected me. Why?"
Old 05-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Pixie of the Crossing

Tools
User Statistics

Pritha released the other Tiefling once she was sure she was okay. With nothing more than a nod, she returned to Na'adi. "Jabbress, ph'dos tenu?" Looking the Drow woman over for any signs of wounds.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Evil Overlord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3547
Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac
It was with a solid, satisfying squelch that Elara ran the drow through. E glared at him as the light faded from his eyes slowly. Bringing her boot up, she disdainfully pushed the dead drow's body off of her blade where she had impaled him. Continuing to glare at him, she cleaned her sword on the body in the floor. Crouching, Elara unfastened his scabbard, pulling it off as she quickly fastened it round her own waist. Sliding the requisitioned sword into her newly acquired scabbard, Elara walked back up to the dead drow.

Toeing him disdainfully, she continued to glare at him as she exclaimed, "What did I tell you? Never **** with the Elara."

The feel of Caeryn's hand on her shoulder startled her slightly. Half expecting another attack, she jumped slightly, whirling around to see it was Caeryn before relaxing slightly. A small grin crept across Elara's pretty features as the light danced in her eyes. "To the first, that's easy enough." She shrugged her shoulders, gesturing around her with her arms. "I'm stranded hundred of miles underground, in a lightless, lawless place. I am completely lost, and I have no idea where we are. Where exactly am I supposed to go?"

Still grinning, Elara stuck her tongue out at the tiefling. "As for the second.....well that's easy too. I never abandon a friend."

She lay a hand on Caeryn's shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. Then her eyes passed over the others one by one. "Now, as for the rest of you, may I ask..... Who are you and what the hell are you doing down here? Are you.....were you prisoners too?"

After a second, Elara thought of something else, a cheeky smile crossing her face slowly. "Do any of you seek Pelor's blessing?"

Last edited by Carmac; 05-24-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

The battle was soon over, Kit watched the two new comers with a critical eye, both had done well to get their swords from their captors. And both seemed ready for a fight, good, there would be a hell of a lot more of them before they ever saw the sun again.

As the regrouped one of them asked who they were and what they were doing here. Kit Ardson she said plainly Yeah we were their prisoners, but we are changing that...I assume you care to join us? she asked.

Then when she asked if any of them needed Pelor's blessing Kit just snorted and shook her head I've no time for the gods and they have even less time for me. she said with an edge of bitterness in her voice.

We've just raided their armoury, if you are quick there are still some bits left that might be of use to you both. she added quickly and gestured to the room they had just come out of.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:16 AM
for medicinal purposes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Rumrunner Rumrunner
He'd fired and missed, but who could blame him? The halfling was obviously distracted, fascinated, enthralled even. Holstering his handcrossbow he began to speak as he approached the newcomers. "I can't believe how lucky I am! With red tops like that they could be twins. I bet they have red underneath, probably wet too. Just asking for a rubbin. I can feel my worries melting away already, I'm going to have the happiest fingers there could be! It's been so long." He stopped short just out of their reach and bent over to pick up two smooth stones covered in drow blood. "Who'd a thought I'd find two worry stones in a place like this, just need to rub the blood off." He began rubbing his thumb over the stone with his eyes closed. "Oh yeah, that's the stuff..." and then wandered off ahead.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:21 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74
Kaymithe

"Doratoro Marivaldi," the Minotaur introduced himself with a nod alongside their enigmatic leader. He was clad in a padded leather tunic which overlapped a chain shirt, and was armed with the same style of shortsword and shield that miss Ardson sported.

He remained quiet for the most part, but gave Kit a nudge and a nod towards the wandering halfling; no doubt he'd get them into more trouble if he wasn't kept in check. But storms be damned did that little man exude sheer luck, in spite of all the misfortune he may have incurred; it always seemed to find him when he needed it most.

Last edited by Kaymithe; 05-27-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:41 AM
Pixie of the Crossing

Tools
User Statistics

Pritha begins to answer the stronger looking of the red-headed slaves. Or... former slaves."My name is Pritha. This is my Mistress, Na'adi." she says, indicating the Drow woman beside her. "By choice." She adds, before pointing back toward the way they came and the group of others following behind. "And the beautiful elf there, is the love of my life, Serena.

Please, be gentle with her. She has taken some of the worse of it, from the Drow."
She says even as she steps closer to the red-headed champion of Pelor. "Th-they tore her wings off her back." she whispers, pain evident on her own features, just thinking of the cruelty visited upon her love.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The two red heads gather what supplies they wished from the remains of the store and rejoined the party. There were two choices before them, make a dash for the lift and run for it...or to seek a little bit of pay back and revenge on the mistress of the out post. Up ahead past the vast waterfall pouring out from vents in the ceiling of the cavern, was the second tower.

Those poor souls who had been forces to clean and wait on the Drow knew that it had three levels, the first held a shrine to Lolth, then down to Ilvara's personal quarters and then on to her general and lover Shoor's.

They knew from Jorlan's snide comments to Na'Adi that the two would have been likely together in Ilvara's quarters at the time of the break out, though if not the booming the the guards would have tipped them off by now. It was likely the two would be prepared by now if not with additional guards. But this would be their one an only change to strike out at their cruel overlady and hamper the Drow's ability to come after them.