OOC Out of character discussion - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Big Trouble in Little Tokyo
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Random Guy #04

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 854
tristenC tristenC tristenC tristenC tristenC tristenC tristenC
I like the 'Spirit Blade' and Spirit 'Armor', Nightshade

I'm up for any additional RP intro threads as well. Not sure how Kit and Maria would interact unless he happened to see her in the Centaur armor. There might be some opportunity for interaction with Dejah, but Kit's social life isn't much outside of work and Vigilante work. He does have a few haunts he hits maybe once every week or so: A local sushi bar, a Ramen stand, and an arcade where he occasionally indulges his skee-ball vice. Of course since we're all hero-types, meeting on-the-job is always good potential.
Bret the warrior: checks his character sheet Umm... for me or the duck?
Old 05-27-2016, 01:00 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1654
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
I have to say, I'm enjoying reading these RP prologues very much.

Our fifth player that expressed interest has dropped out so I've sent a message to the next in line.

I'm going to be out of town for the weekend and may not have internet access. I'm hoping to spend a fair amount of time plotting and planning though.

I'd like to get first story thread running next weekend unless anyone would like more time to play out whatever RP introductions they'd like.

So if I can't get online over the next few days, have a good holiday weekend (for those in the states) everyone.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:04 AM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
who is our new fifth?

@foggy: Do you do tech support for a living because that's hilarious (I, in fact do).

Also, is it weird that I visualize Maria is being played by a sullen Michelle Rodriguez? :-p

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-28-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37730
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
I don't, but I do act as tech support for my mother. I goggled "Blue screen of death" and went from there.

Hey, I like Michelle Rodriguez. That's actually a good model for the character.

On second thought: That's a REALLY good model for the character.

Trudy Chacon: [the instrumentation is going haywire, flying through clouds] Looks like we're VFR from here on.
Norm Spellman: What's VFR?
Trudy Chacon: It means you gotta see where you're goin'.
Norm Spellman: But you can't see anything.
Trudy Chacon: [laughing] Yeah, ain't that a bitch.

Trudy Chacon: [sarcastically, after she opens fire on Quaritch's Dragon Gunship] Oops.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; 05-28-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Thanks tristenC.

I shoild be able to have everything wrapped up by the end of the holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a good holiday if you celebrate it.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Turned on my phone this morning and got a whole bunch of drunk txts from my sister from last night. Pretty damn hilarious. She was texting as her stuffed dog, wagging her tail because drunk Amy does ear scratches.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; 05-28-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14874
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Hey all, I posted in the other thread but it doesn't look like it's been visited so I guess I'll pop in and post here too. Just saying I would be interested as well if there's someone else that doesn't work out.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Heyya Palladia I know we did have one drop but thre might have been one other person who expressed interest before you so im not sure what the plan is. His smufedness may not be back for a few days due to the holiday tho.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Hi everyone! I’m the new fifth. I have been reading up on the character intros and polishing off my character sheet. I should be up and running soon.

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!

Last edited by Finrod Ancalímon; 05-29-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome Fin.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Yes. Welcome Finrod. I've invited PalladiaMors to join us as well. Leaving out just one interested person seems like kind of a dick move to me. I'd hate to be the odd man out if it were me.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
Quick question ultrasmurf. How gritty do you intend this game to be?

In other words is it tone appropriate if my vigilante kills criminals without remorse?

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:48 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, that's a good question. What does "gritty" mean for us in real terms? For me, it certainly includes the levels of violence you see in any recent superhero movies (mostly rated PG-13 if I recall correctly). You playing a remorseless vigilante won't upset me at all. If anyone has no-go areas in that regard, just message me privately and I'll work on finding a happy medium somewhere.

Another thing "gritty" means for me is having plausible consequences for in character actions. A killing is an action you can't take back and may come back to bite you in unexpected ways.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:59 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
Certain other characters might take exception to indiscriminate killing but that will probably be something to handle in character.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 AM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravenimages View Post
Certain other characters might take exception to indiscriminate killing but that will probably be something to handle in character.
My thoughts exactly.