RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6486
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Peanut Gallery

Peanuts, popcorn, and other movie-type refreshments. Also OOC chat. Welcome to the game!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
So lets hash stuff out and discuss the game. We need an urban setting on the east coast to satisfy at least one backstory... I was thinking moving a little north and using Providence, RI as our initial incubator.

I know at least one character may not begin the game with their powers having manifested, though this will happen during the opening scenes of the game.

So, please ask lots of questions to stimulate my creative flow. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Speedy Speed Boy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7134
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Power level? 8? 10?

How many power points? The base 15xpower level?

Skill points per power point? I recommend 3 for a PL 10 game.

Banned effects? I recommend banning precog, postcog, and severely limit teleportation if you allow it at all.

House rules?

You need a better description of your setting before I can backstory a character. Willing to help with that, if you want.

How many players are you looking for? 4ish?

Currently very tentatively tossing around either a melee regenerator or a stealth-based sniper, but that's not definite at all. It takes me about 40 minutes to fully create and backstory most PL 10 characters, so turning one down is NBD.

You know I'm not picking on you Graven, just trying to help with what I've found from my game.

You should make a thread to exclusively discuss mechanics and another one for character creation.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1553
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
So... one other thing, since I don't know if this was discussed before... Are we playing 2e or 3e? Obviously, this will be necessary information for me to create a character -- I have both options available to me, but only 3e is available as an SRD as far as I know...

As for location, I don't see anything wrong with playing in the RI area. -- And if it helps, I can have my character have already manifested powers -- as in, within the last few weeks -- just still very new to the whole powers thing.

Last edited by Haunted Panda; 06-02-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Speedy Speed Boy

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
I was assuming 3e, since that's what I'm familiar with and I know graven is familiar with it.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1553
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
It's probably a fair assumtion. I mostly ask 'cause I've known a few people who weren't too keen on the changes 3e brought to the table.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
All help is appreciated but on my phone right now. I'll try and make the thread and you can post your thoughts.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5343
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
So Graven, it's beginning to look like I lost a DM. I'm going to give him until the end of the week, and if he's not posted anything by then I'll assume game death.
If that happens, will you be interested in taking me on as a player?
Or so it seemed
Old 06-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, sure. You are spammy like me. But the gas alien from Venus is probably going to be a hard no. >.>
Old 06-07-2017, 10:38 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18621
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Hooray! One of Us! One of Us!
Curses!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
What, you don't want a Venusian Gas Cloud Telepath with mind control? No, it's okay.
Actually trying to decide between two concepts.
Or so it seemed
Old 06-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Speedy Speed Boy

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravenimages View Post
Yeah, sure. You are spammy like me.
That makes three of us. I've had 1600+ posts in 121 days. I joined on 10-07-2016, posted like three times, and seriously became active on February 7.

Meanwhile, it's

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-08-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 AM
Their our know rools!

Tools
User Statistics
So sorry guys. Off my meds and dealing with epic toothache. Meds tomorrow after paycheck and posts soon after. Few questions to help get me going:

Panda, does Samantha drive, bus, get a ride, bike, walk to school?

Whovian, same question for Overlook.

Gleeful, shall we start with Wells or on your arrival in the city?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:16 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18621
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Leaning the Arrival, though I am trying to picture when the Wells would start in relation to that.
Curses!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
I think I'll stat up both concepts and let you guys vote on the one you guys like the most.
Or so it seemed