User Statistics
RPXP: 162
GNOME GNOME
Resurrection of Hallow's Eve

Game NameResurrection of Hallow's Eve
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSandbox
FlavourWhatever you want it to be
Plot SummaryAshenville is a quiet town somewhere in the middle of nowhere. The townsfolk are ordinary in every meaning of that word, they work, they have fun, they have families, they live. It all have changed one night on the Hallow's Eve. The next day the townsfolk go to the nerby cementary outside the walls to pay respect to the dead, but tonight something has stirred the graves. The coffins open, the graves are dug and the dead walk as living do! This "miracle" of Resurrection of Hallow's Eve will change the Ashenville's look on the holiday forever...

The catch is that YOU are the walking dead!
For some reason you rise from your grave, be it unfinished buisness, dissatisfaction from the afterlife or some completly other. All you know is that you are dead and you have all the time in the world, that is until dawn, because if you aren't back in your grave by morning, something bad will happen. What will you do with the new possibilities?
GamerulesI will DM everyone individually in one or more threads, with groups forming on their own or not, with various shenaningans and adventures. Everyone can do whatever they want that's the beauty of it! If you are more intrested in DMing something like that, give me a PM!
Character creationRace: Any standard race (human, elf, dwarf etc.), add skeleton to it. More about (un)life as skeleton under this fieldset.
Abilities: Standard array
Level: 1
Class: Any official one
Equipment: None except the clothes you have been buried with (that is if they didn't rot)!
!!!THAT MEANS SPELLCASTERS DO NOT START THE GAME WITH AN ITEM THAT ALLOWS SPELLCASTING IF THEY NEED ONE!!!
Special: We are using something like Inspiration points that for the sake of this game are called Spook points. Everyone starts with 2 Spook points.
Skeletons and Spooks
Skeletons
Ability Score Increase: Additionaly to ASI you gain from your chosen race, skeletons may choose to exchange 1 constitution (bonerot) for 1 dexterity (flexible joints) or vice versa.
Age: Skeletons don't age and you gain no advantages or disadvatages from senile age.
Aligment: Those resurrected during Hallow's Eve retain their aligment from pervious life.
Size: Same as being alive, although you weight much less than before.
Speed: Same as base race.
Special: Skeletons can use their fingerbones as claws that deal 1d6 damage. They are proficient with this kind of weapon. They also gain 60 ft. Darkvision and immunity to exhoustion and poison damage.
Skeletons can speak normally! Additionaly, skeletons retain full control over detached appendages (lonely hand can crawl and skull can see and speak)!
Normal death does not concern you. If somehow you are struck down your spirit will go to the afterlife to wait for next year's Hallow's Eve. However, if you do not return to your grave until morning both your bones and soul will crumble to dust!

Spook points
Spook points have more uses than just give advantage to roll. Here is list of ways to spend your Spook points (the list may change before the game starts!):
1. Gain advantage on roll.
To gain adavantage on a roll, such intent must be proclaimed BEFORE rolling. You may spend more than one Spook to add more dices to the roll!
2. Gain expiraince.
Each Spook point may be spent to gain exipriance equal to skeleton's level multiplied by 200.
3. Gain insight.
You may spend Spooks to ask the DM a question your character wouldn't normally know answer to!

IF THE GAME WILL BE WELL RECEIVED BY PLAYERS THERE WILL BE SEQUEL NEXT YEAR!

Last edited by GNOME; Oct 28th, 2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 12:28 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
I'd be willing to try this. What's the timetable on this? How many applications are you taking, and for how long? When would the game start?
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
GNOME GNOME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalFair View Post
I'd be willing to try this. What's the timetable on this? How many applications are you taking, and for how long? When would the game start?
I expect the game to start precisly the moment I get enough applications to get it started. I want this game to be open world for players and I will be accepting applications as long as the game goes (that means about a week or two).

As for the time gameplay-wise, it will start at 18:00 and end at sunrise next day (all in game of course). Every few days I will announce that hour has passed.

How many applications am I taking? All of them.

Last edited by GNOME; Oct 29th, 2019 at 04:29 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 07:55 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Okie doke! Expect an application from me shortly.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Varron -- Hark -- Elder, Grandfather, Gramps, Pop
Race: Human Variant
Class: Rogue

Background:

Description:

Personality:

Goal: (Feel free to post one goal publicly but also add one or more to me in secret)

What they can bring: To the party and the fledgling ship. Anything that might not be immediately obvious. Somehow the group of you are going to need to put together a working ship.

Last edited by ParzivalFair; Oct 29th, 2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8814
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
If nothing else, writing an application for this has been tremendous fun! Thank you, and I hope to participate further.

I'm assuming this is modern. If not, I'll have to massage his method of death and the distance of his commute. This would be acceptable to me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Luigi "Goosey" Moretti was a tough guy for the Bianchi family with a specialty in interrogation (you don't want to know what he "goosed" people with). He has been laying low in Ashenville, running a few small operations in addition to commuting to the large city an hour away to handle special jobs for the capo. He passed away unexpectedly, along with the Boss, due to a spectacularly successful car bomb. Goosey had a son, Teddy, that his colleagues know nothing about. Little Ted is with his late mother's sister Doris in Las Vegas. Goosey had been sending them regular and substantial remittances. The Goose has a good deal cash socked back so they kid will have a nest egg, and a will in his safe leaving everything in trust for Teddy.

But that will is apparently still undiscovered, and Goose has crawled out of his grave to find out why. Nobody better not be trying to rip off his son and heir!

Race: human skeleton
Abilities: STR 13/+1 DEX 14/+2 CON 13/+1 INT 10/+0 WIS 8/-1 CHA 14/+2
Level: 1
Class: assassin
Equipment: Goose hasn't been dead long enough for the clothes to rot much, so he's creeping around town in his well-dressed mobster suit.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Jack Crow
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Personality: In life, Jack was a socially awkward introvert who liked animals. Now he is a bitter jaded enraged seeker of vengeance and justice
Background: urchin
Ideal: Retribution
Bond: no one else should have to endure the hardships I have
Flaw:I will never fully trust anyone other than myself
Backstory: Jack was a quiet friendly sensitive soul who mostly kept to himself. he liked animals but had a hard time making friends. Then one day he was falsely accused of rape by a woman named Annita who was having an affair. He was lynched after a show trial. Now he wishes to punish the people of the village while he hunts down his accuser and her family.
Quote: The only justice is that which you seek for yourself
Motivation: revenge

Last edited by Togot; Oct 29th, 2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 12:18 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
so will we be able to talk as undead or not?
Old Nov 1st, 2019, 06:28 AM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
GNOME GNOME
Yep! All normal interactions are possible (although be careful with drinking)
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
admin bump to generate some interest
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Lab Rat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
CountZ CountZ CountZ CountZ
right-aligned image

Character Description
Name: The Hollow Guardian
Race High Elf
Class: Monk
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Ideal?: I’m a monster that destroys other monsters, and anything else that gets in my way.

Old Nov 13th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
WIP

BoneHead
right-aligned image
left-aligned image

Name: Thomas Moore Aka "BoneHead"
Race: Human ( variant )
Class:
Alignment: CN
Personality: Always talking to each of his remaining parts, as if it was a distinct person when they are scattered around
Background:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
Backstory: Here is the remain of Thomas Moore ... RIP ... but not anymore!
Quote:
Motivation: Find if his Grand-Grand Children's has done something good of their life

OOC
@GNOME
Does mystic is consider available for class ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BoneHead2small.png
Views:	193
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	82197   Click image for larger version

Name:	BoneHead2smallMount3.png
Views:	201
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	82198  

Last edited by KhamLuc; Nov 13th, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9856
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
So is this game a one night adventure? Sounds like we have one night to RP then if you are not back in your grave you are dead dead not undead.

Just interested in understanding how this is going to work?

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Daelan Sianodel
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral
Personality: Daelin in life was well the life of the party. He never needed a reason to play or sing, it was simply in his blood. In death it is no different minus the fact he had no blood. His favorite saying was always the show must go on. Little did he know it would even after his death. Daelin takes great pleasure in entertaining others, and works tirelessly even in undeath at perfecting his trade.
Background: Courtier
Personality: I believe that everything worth doing is worth doing right. I can not help for it. Iam the perfectionist.
Ideal: Aspiration: I work hard to be the best there is at my profession.
Bond: The court or organization where i learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me.
Flaw: I am horribly jealous of anyone who outshines my handwork. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by rivals. (Even come back from the dead)
Backstory: Daelin spent his very short life learning to play and sing, making music was his life. From the moment he was able to walk, and talk, he was singing and learning to play. Nothing ever meant as much to him as performing. He loved the natural high of it and the satisfaction of seeing others happy. He was determined to be the best there ever was. Unfortunately he did not get very far in his career before some jackhole killed him one night after performing in court. A rival bard for certain who stole his earning as well as his life. Even in death Daelin could not be held back though and in time would rise from the dead after all The Show Must Go On.
Quote: The show must go on!

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 14th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
bump for luck. and interest.